• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
How many items did Brawl have?

And how many items might SSB4 include? Will it be close to Brawl's range, or much greater (or perhaps even fewer)?

I'm thinking quality over quantity is the route they'll take, since game balance is a key point this time around (according to the devs). It's probably too early to make any kind of estimate anyway.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
This is what all you pessimistic posers get.
IsmaR, shut the **** up you goddamn hypocrite, you. XD

I do agree on his expression, though. I'm kinda curious to hear what kind of funny sound he'll make during it this time.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The fact that the two best healing items would be from the same franchise is the only reason I think the Heart Container may not return.

Even then I'm now thinking it's quite a longshot that it won't return.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I had a feeling we'd get an item today. Glad to see they're incorporating more popular items into the game.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
People who don't pay attention to items are fools. Even if you don't play with them competitively, you will be extremely confused come Single player, Classic Mode.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
I hope that when you pick up the item, the character actually opens the bottle and you have the heart-refill sound effects until you reach 0%. :)

RazorwireTroop

Smash Cadet
@swampsaur we see some people can't read but don't be aggressive about it -_-

On Topic: This is overdue and hopefully does the old LoZOfT sound when you pic it up :)

DonkaFjord

Smash Lord
NNID
DonkaFjord
Zelda is a huge franchise with many useful items so of course it will get many items. Pokemon has pokeballs and mario has several items as well, it only seems fitting.

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588

MollyKetty

4 minutes ago

"Looks like Sakurai wanted to put a Spyro the Dragon reference in this game."

Some people on Miiverse actually think this a some specific fairy from Zelda but this post takes the cake. >.>

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This item should trigger when you would die, putting you on the respawn platform at 50% damage with no stock lost (no alteration to the score in general for timed matches). That would be fun.

If it's just a straight healing item, it's a little odd. Fairies are only full heals in OoT and MM; throughout the rest of the series, they're a pretty mediocre direct healing item as opposed to the Maxim Tomato that always was a full refill or the Heart Container that is usually a full refill upon pick-up (though it wasn't in Zelda-1). Sakurai did refer to it as a special item though which is interesting. Special might mean it has unique functionality (like the auto-revive thing which would fit the theme), or it might just be a really rare item. Anyone have any guesses?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453

MollyKetty

4 minutes ago

"Looks like Sakurai wanted to put a Spyro the Dragon reference in this game."

Some people on Miiverse actually think this a some specific fairy from Zelda but this post takes the cake. >.>
At this point such a Miiverse post is not surprising to me.

Still doesn't make said post any less painful to read.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
People who don't pay attention to items are fools. Even if you don't play with them competitively, you will be extremely confused come Single player, Classic Mode.
Items?
Competitively?

I'm sorry but, what? Did you just watch CT|EMP| Mew2King vs Hax | GF (PokeBall Edition) on YouTube and take it seriously or something? ¦D

Anyways, I wonder why Peach is even in this picture. She's not even paying attention to Bowser since she's fumbling with her hair.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Would be more challenging with Hearts, though.

Maybe you could have Fairy Bottles on Easy, Hearts on Normal, and Maxim Tomatoes on Hard, or something along these lines.
That's a terrible idea. The A.I. is already going to be increasingly cheap as the difficulty goes up. The way you're talking, there will be food on Very Hard and absolutely nothing on Intense.

Granted, Intense is the only one anyone should be worried about, but sheesh!

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
That's what training mode is for.

Every new smash that comes out I ALWAYS go to the training mode and test out each character and items.

Course after that I never worry about the items again unless i'm 1ping. Cause i'm competitive.

I will never turn them on, unless i'm trolling around.

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
That's what training mode is for.

Every new smash that comes out I ALWAYS go to the training mode and test out each character and items.

Course after that I never worry about the items again unless i'm 1ping. Cause i'm competitive. I will never turn them on.

Unless i'm trolling around.
Well that's what I mean. Going into training mode, reading about the items, having a knowledge about them in some form.

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
That's a terrible idea. The A.I. is already going to be increasingly cheap as the difficulty goes up. The way you're talking, there will be food on Very Hard and absolutely nothing on Intense.

Granted, Intense is the only one anyone should be worried about, but sheesh!
In that case, perhaps the reverse would be more suitable. Have a handful of Tomatoes/Hearts on Easy, less so on Normal, a Fairy Bottle or two on Hard, etc.

Whatever the case, it's clear that the amount and variation of healing items should be appropriate for the level of difficulty and the expected/required skill of the player.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
First people Think that Lucario replaces Mewtwo, and now that Fairy-in-a-Bottle replaces Hearts. :/ Not strange. On Miiverse, Rosalina's reveal apparantly confirmed that Yoshy and Ness are cut.

Anyways, awesome item. I predicted a Fairy Item that would fly around, making it trickier to get, but this works too.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I hope that third parties get items.
Idea: Sonic Item, Ring. Pick it up, and the next time you get hit, you won't flinch (and Rings will drop from you). Would be awesome to Catch opponents off guard with that, haha.

Also, yeah, this pic HAD to be related to 3D World. XD

@ Silvera Silvera
Indeed. And Little Mac being in confirms that Goku will be in. Miiverse, the Epic center of Logic!

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
That wasn't really aggressive...

*hangs head in shame*
What do we say, Swampy?

Would be more challenging with Hearts, though.

Maybe you could have Fairy Bottles on Easy, Hearts on Normal, and Maxim Tomatoes on Hard, or something along these lines.
This idea was implemented in the True Arena for Kirby Superstar Ultra. Ordinarily there would be Maxim Tomatoes, which heal all damage. But with the hard mode, regular food replaces them, obviously restoring significantly less. It's also kind of seen in Brawl's SSE, where depending on the difficulty you get less/better Food/Item Drops.

Ah, but I digress. I'm fairly surprised they opted not to showcase this with Zelda characters.

I'm equally surprised no one has commented on the realistic Zelda preference carrying over to items as well. We didn't get a particularly "toony" Phantom (whatever its true role even is), nor did we get the "pixie/creepy tooth fairy" designs from Wind Waker...kinda thankful for that last one.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I hope that third parties get items.
Well they got an assist trophy in Brawl, but yes they could at least throw an item in the bunch.
For Sonic, they should put that kind of television that gives power-ups in the classics. You stomp on it to activate it. Maybe one effect could be that it gives you 50 coins, and those coins replace 50% of your damage. Like, you get hit, but you don't gain damage, you just lose the equivalent of the damage in coins until they're over.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
By the way, this Bottle appears to be based on the Ocarina of Time version rather than TP.
upload_2014-2-18_2-41-25.png

I predict no one cares, but still.

edit: Looking at the Skyward Sword model, it's clearly based on that game.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Anyway, we're still missing the Energy Tank from Metroid. Then we'll be set. It should be:

Maxim Tomato - gives 50% heal
Energy Tank - gives 100% heal
Fairy - gives complete heal
Heart Container / 1-Up Mushroom - appears only in stock matches, extremely rare, and gives one life (in time matches, it could give a point back I guess)

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom