• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
If Pichu is confirmed a few things will happen:

Hell will freeze over
Cherry Coke will be discontinued
and Nintendo will get Banjo back.....
...those aren't necessarily bad things...

Pichu... Arguably the worst smash character. Would be interesting if he was remade with insane damage output despot dealing itself damage.

I'm doubtful. It would be interesting though.
This. This. THIS.

Last edited:

Sehnsucht

The Marquis of Sass
BRoomer
Those of you talking about how you need to go to bed, keep in mind that Friday's potd came out over 2 hours from now (but 2 days before now, obviously). I'm not saying that is how late today's potd will be, but keep in mind that it could be that late.

For those of you going back to classes next week, you should also keep your circadian rhythm in mind. You might want to start going to bed earlier and earlier each day so that you can get back into a school sleep schedule. It is something that takes time to change, and if you expect to be able to just go to bed at, let's say, 10 after getting used to going to bed at 12, you will find yourself lying in bed awake for over an hour.

Sorry if this is a bummer, but sleep is important =]. A lack of the right amount of sleep will make you temporarily less intelligent and make you have less energy. Things will be pretty crappy when you are in the school environment, in that case.
-Unfortunately, this might mean viewing the potd every morning instead of every night.

I'm telling you guys this but I should really be listening to my own advice. I'm going to have to go to math every morning at 8:00.
It was the only available time :olimar:
No one listen to this man.

To do so will please me, Sehnsucht.

kataridragon

Smash Ace
You could also drop out of school! Never have to pay for it or student loans. School doesn't guarantee work! However it was fun lol!

Golden Gallade

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3823-9001-5955
Warning Received
Those of you talking about how you need to go to bed, keep in mind that Friday's potd came out over 2 hours from now (but 2 days before now, obviously). I'm not saying that is how late today's potd will be, but keep in mind that it could be that late.

For those of you going back to classes next week, you should also keep your circadian rhythm in mind. You might want to start going to bed earlier and earlier each day so that you can get back into a school sleep schedule. It is something that takes time to change, and if you expect to be able to just go to bed at, let's say, 10 after getting used to going to bed at 12, you will find yourself lying in bed awake for over an hour.

Sorry if this is a bummer, but sleep is important =]. A lack of the right amount of sleep will make you temporarily less intelligent and make you have less energy. Things will be pretty crappy when you are in the school environment, in that case.
-Unfortunately, this might mean viewing the potd every morning instead of every night.

I'm telling you guys this but I should really be listening to my own advice. I'm going to have to go to math every morning at 8:00.

MylesMad

Smash Apprentice
NNID
MylesMad
3DS FC
4141-2408-3059
I'd be 50/50 on a Pichu reveal, because leak is kill, but also hey ew Pichu...
HEY! NO "EW'ing" THE PICHU!! </3 </3 </3
It'd be a throw back to Melee...and just imagine how Sakurai could rework her/him/it....
I tried maining her/him/it in Melee but I just couldn't...so unnecessarily bad! If they could bring back Pichu and rework her/him/it to not be a crappy Pikachu alt then maaaaaybe is not ew.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I only cared about Pichu when he was the only one with the goggles

Pikachu has them now

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
According to SST (Sakurai Standard Time) the pic should be uploaded whenever Sakurai feels like it.

So kick back and enjoy the wait. There is no predestined time or "too early" or "too late" for Sakurai. Only Sakurai's decision of "How about now?"

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
There's nothing wrong with viewing the PotD in the morning either. It makes the next one come by quicker (assuming you look at the next day's at night)
but you don't get the rush of reactions.
For example: I stay up for Wario. I want to be one of the first comments when he is posted to the front page when that happens. People only view this thread when its POTD time. The next day, its all but dead until it hits like 1am EST, then everyones focused on the next round

Its all about being there in the moment.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Pichu was terribad. Pic hi damaged itself while attacking. On hit and whiff IRC. What could possibly make u concider maining him?

Joke character.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman

Smash updates are more important than health.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I hope if they were to to include Pichu again, they would make it a faster, stronger Pikachu, but much lighter and damages himself.

Its balanced.

Also, give him the pointed ear and the messy fur from the anime.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Thanks for crushing my dream with the Pichu pic.

Now nothing Sakurai posts will be as good as Pichu's glorious return.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
It'd actually be cool if Louie, Alph, Brittany, and the Captain all were skins for Olimar. Since he doesn't talk, why not? They can all be different colors too like Villagers. Only unfortunate thing is their names and hit boxes (excluding Alph) would be different than Olimars

Last edited:

JMS_Eddy

Smash Rookie
Could always have a Pichu confirmation with him being attacked by stage hazard Ridley, that would be a great start to the week... :p

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Screw the haters, I want Pichu back, clone and all! Imagen the damage he would take from Volt Tackle!

Anyways, Pic isn't early this time either. Hmm.

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
Pichu was terribad. Pic hi damaged itself while attacking. On hit and whiff IRC. What could possibly make u concider maining him?

Joke character.
I remember as a kid playing Melee, I tried out Pichu for the first time.

Ahhhhh. Good times. Don't really remember ever going back to that POS character lmao (no offense @ ミスティック Speed ミスティック Speed ) :laugh:

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
A reminder as always to not post spam or troll updates, and to remain on topic, same as every other PotD day

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I expect something that is cool if you don't have any expectations, as usual.

For instance, not a character reveal or something "Hype worthy"

I'm only up because I was doing laundry. I'm done now. See it in the morning.

Last edited:

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Now I'm hyped for no reason.

"It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls and Gravity Falls does that to you.

I'm predicting new Wii U info, specifying on a newcomer like Palutena, Pac-Man or Robin.

D

Deleted member

I'm expecting either some character information (move details and stuff) or a new stage.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
whoops accidental double post

...those aren't necessarily bad things....
Discontinuing CHery Coke will start riots..... like if he cut Cap

Im actually debating going to sleep, cause I am hoping the POTD will be at 4am. would be amazing.

"It's Raining Men" by the Weather Girls and Gravity Falls does that to you..
Im gay, that song does a little more to me then just hype.

Last edited by a moderator:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I'm actually really hoping for a reworked Pichu now. xD
It could be so cool and so unexpected....plus, it would be easy to clone Pikachu...so a simple addition at that. Who knows...maybe it WILL happen....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Swift Fox liked my Pichu post. It is a sign. He knows Pichu will be revealed today, thanks to his time-traveling thing going on. Epic.

Also, I expect... a Stage. That will be in the leak, yet devide us all even more. :/

@ JabbatheHutt JabbatheHutt
Raining Men, huh. I assume it makes you sad, as a lot of men would get smooshed on the ground.

Sorry Neo, I'll stop being off-topic now...

Last edited:

mygamecube

Smash Lord
NNID
mygamecube
3DS FC
4596-9526-5701
I felt a mod presence coming lol. I personally was getting a tad off topic, myself.

Anyways, bring on that pic. Prediction: another deconfirmation that isn't Krystal.

DarnDraper

Smash Rookie
"Pic Of The Day: There have been rumors going around, and those rumors were true. Duck Hunt Dog is now playable, and a spacy for some reason. He's better than Fox, he uses the orange N.E.S. Zapper or whatever. Also Ridley and Shulk are a tag team assist trophy"

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Aww Pichu would have been great. Especially since he'd be quite the unexpected leak killer to boot...

I'll go with an assist trophy.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Perhaps there are more Music tracks being added tonight, seeing as it's a little later than usual. A disconfirmation would be excellent.

Or a trailer announcement.

Soul.

Where's the PotD. I want to see Pikachu's custom moves. Maybe one of them could be the classic Thunder from 64 / Melee / Brawl.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom