• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Hopefully yes.
"Pic of the day, due to technical difficulties, the Ice Climbers will not be joining the battle when Smash for 3DS releases, however we are currently fixing the issues as fast as possible before or after the date comes. Sorry for the inconvinience."

I can see this happening, but probably in a direct.

Last edited:

Marakatu

Smash Ace
"Pic of the day, due to technical difficulties, the Ice Climbers will not be joining the battle when Smash for 3DS releases, however we are currently fixing the issues as fast as possible before or after the date comes. Sorry for the inconvinience."

"BTW, here is a very good-looking Ice Climbers trophy made by our female designer. She is such a hard worker!"

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I really never thought Sakurai would do this, give us more surprises Sakurai!
"Pic of the day. Looking at the number of days we have left for development, it would be an impossible task to create this… That's what I told my staff. But thanks to the determination of his male designer, this Link outfit got completed in time. From the time where Link had to wrestle that one Goron in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess, here's shirtless Link!"

Edit: "Here's a look at the 3DS version. You can use the same outfit variations in both the 3DS and Wii U versions."

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
Ah, Victory Suit Samus. Very cool they paid homage to that game by including this. Funny Sakurai had to point out it was by a female designer, his experience with professional trolling learned him how to deal with interwebz, lol.

Though him pointing out that was a result of a female designer going no-life at the end of development makes me put my expectations about alternate costumes back in check. Definitely sounds like adding alts wasn't a priority at all so I shouldn't expect many than we've already seen. Not bothered about that though, especially since we got quite a few good ones already.

D

Deleted member

A message to the whole Metroid fandom about all this "sexism debate" with this new alt:

For Palutena's sake, please do not begin to be as worse as Gen 5 Pokemon haters and Zelda's whiny and annoying fanboys/fangirls.

Please.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rich Homie Quan

Smash Ace
Whoooo! ;)

Real talk tho, Fusion fans must be going crazy. This is a nice tribute.

Waiting on confirmation of SSBWiiU extreme beach volleyball minigame ;)

Last edited:

T-Hell

Smash Lord

Oh for the love of Arceus, would you stop taking the IC out of the game? They're not going to be cut for those crappy ass old technical difficulties that got solved ages ago.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Oh for the love of Arceus, would you stop taking the IC out of the game? They're not going to be cut for those crappy *** old technical difficulties that got solved ages ago.
We don't know if it was solved or held to be later fixed in the middle of development. :p No need to be angry.

Last edited:

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Oh for the love of Arceus, would you stop taking the IC out of the game? They're not going to be cut for those crappy *** old technical difficulties that got solved ages ago.
I thought those difficulties were dead with Rosalina and Luma long time ago.

T-Hell

Smash Lord
We don't know if it was solved or held to be later fixed in the middle of development. :p No need to be angry.
Sorry, got desperate. Anyway I believe those issues were fixed and IC are most likely coming back. And I'm done with this.

D

Deleted member

Rosalina is no indication the Ice Climbers are working properly.

They're not exactly the same thing.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
I like how with this game, Sakurai and his team are actually making an effort on alternate costumes. It makes me feel that Dr. Mario will finally make his return. Oh yeah, and Dark Pit will be an alt as well.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Rosalina is no indication the Ice Climbers are working properly.

They're not exactly the same thing.
I'm really starting to fear for their inclusion. They were always early when it came to joining the cast....also, they've never been secret characters before.
Something is up here....

I like how with this game, Sakurai and his team are actually making an effort on alternate costumes. It makes me feel that Dr. Mario will finally make his return. Oh yeah, and Dark Pit will be an alt as well.
...Dark Pit is going to be a newcomer....

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm really starting to fear for their inclusion. They were always early when it came to joining the cast....also, they've never been secret characters before.
Something is up here....
They were the 2nd to last starting veterans to be revealed for Brawl (last was Sheik), so that doesn't worry me.
I mean, Wario was what, one of the first 10 reveals of Brawl in the E3 trailer, and we're still waiting on him for this game?

That being said, I feel there is possibility they are gone, but it's not worrying me. Not like how Snake worries me.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
Namco is involved, and Tekken and Soul Calibur have a HUGE amount of customization options, so it's not surprising to see they took their time to make alts this time.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
They were the 2nd to last starting veterans to be revealed for Brawl (last was Sheik), so that doesn't worry me.
I mean, Wario was what, one of the first 10 reveals of Brawl in the E3 trailer, and we're still waiting on him for this game?

That being said, I feel there is possibility they are gone, but it's not worrying me. Not like how Snake worries me.
Seeing Wario get cut would be very insulting though, since Ashley is an Assist Trophy, along with Waluigi.

D

Deleted member

Seeing Wario get cut would be very insulting though, since Ashley is an Assist Trophy, along with Waluigi.
I'm not saying he's going to be cut.
I'm saying he was really early to be revealed last go round, while we're waiting down to the wire for him to show up this time.
Like Meta Knight, though we stopped waiting last week.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Something is up here....

I wouldn't worry about it. Olimar was revealed 22 days before Brawl's Japanese release and Sheik was revealed only 15 days before. As far as Brawl's starters go, :popo::lucas::wario: have 25 days left to show themselves and, with a Direct incredibly likely within the next two weeks, at least two of them are practically guaranteed to be shown by release.

R0Y

Smash Master
Tumblr social justice warriors need to stop...lol. Just stawwwwwp!

Edit: Glad things died over here!

Last edited:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Sakurai said that it would be impossible to get this costume in before development ends!?!
Sakurai are you mad!?!
Take as long as you need man!
Especially if we get more cool outfits like this.

R0Y

Smash Master
Sakurai said that it would be impossible to get this costume in before development ends!?!
Sakurai are you mad!?!
Take as long as you need man!
Especially if we get more cool outfits like this.
Exactly, I'd be happy with a delay for more content. They're running out of time for a Q4 release which makes me think that the game is going to get rushed out the door if it does drop this year.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
I look at facebook page of the fansite version of the offical site.

Did we get another potd? (Its something to do with palutenas speed thing.)

Last edited:

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Let's see if we get a veteran tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be neat if we get a Veteran every week on Wednesday from now on? Plus a update on the official site, adding Stages 2 and that confirmed Music section and such? ^^

juddy96

Smash Lord
Let's see if we get a veteran tomorrow.

Wouldn't it be neat if we get a Veteran every week on Wednesday from now on? Plus a update on the official site, adding Stages 2 and that confirmed Music section and such? ^^
Because Sakurai would really show off a veteran every Wednesday... where have you been for the last year??? This man does not simply get predicted. Maybe once or twice a month if people are lucky.

Shroob

Sup?
I wouldn't worry about it. Olimar was revealed 22 days before Brawl's Japanese release and Sheik was revealed only 15 days before. As far as Brawl's starters go, :popo::lucas::wario: have 25 days left to show themselves and, with a Direct incredibly likely within the next two weeks, at least two of them are practically guaranteed to be shown by release.
Honestly? With all the leaks that have cropped up saying the Ice Climbers are cut, it would not surprise me if they were, which would be a damn shame since I love them.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Because Sakurai would really show off a veteran every Wednesday... where have you been for the last year??? This man does not simply get predicted. Maybe once or twice a month if people are lucky.
The last year? We are very Close to release and there are a LOT of veterans to be shown, and it is extremely possible they will all be shown Before release like Nintendo has done these past years. So, not sure what last year has to do with today. :p
And Sakurai never being predictable doesn't mean what I said can't happen.

@ Smashoperatingbuddy123 Smashoperatingbuddy123
Poor Sonic was too slow this time.

Last edited:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Based NoE and their extra pics.

The caption as some really witty humor.

To elaborate, marathons have their origin in Ancient Greece. Now, what is the basis for the world and pantheon of the Kid Icarus series?

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Finally! Got my signature update to work properly! Now let's see everyone's favourite low tier rodent come back to us on Friday. Maybe he'll even have his spiky ear and/or his shiny colouring? He'd get the reverse treatment of Charizard, playable character -> Pokeball Pokemon or even a stage cameo. Anything's better than his Brawl treatment of just a trophy or worse a sticker...or even worse no acknowledgement at all.
Is it weird that I want Pichu back?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom