• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Guys, it isn't over yet, there'll still be tons to announce for the wii u version after 3DS launches. It won't be fully over till sometime in november

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Guys, it isn't over yet, there'll still be tons to announce for the wii u version after 3DS launches. It won't be fully over till sometime in november
Thing is, I'm mostly concerned about the roster. Gameplay modes will be exciting, but the roster has always been the big one. And we're close to being days away now

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, but the hype will at least decrease a little bit. I hope the pics get much more interesting in the next weeks. A veteran reveal every week should suffice, but I want lots of stages especially.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
The game comes out September 13th in Japan. When that happens, we're gonna know every secret character, every returning or cut veteran. Even if it's not on the website it'll be known.

That's what we're saying. There's 20 more potd's until that.

Last edited:

ShinyReshiram

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW 2409 5852 0213
well, maybe Sakurai will post some pics for 3DS version for non-Japanese people, but until the winter 2015 the hype train will not stop.

pickle962

Smash Lord
I would imagine now that we are a little less than a month away from the Japanese release of Smash 4 on the 3DS, the PotD's will only increase in quality/substantiality from here on out. More so AFTER said game is out in Japan as once the Japanese version of Brawl was out, the dojo started showing off secret content and even made sure to warn you asking if you really wanted to know what was behind the question mark so therefore, it is possible Sakurai might do some pics of the day with characters, stages, etc. we don't know about yet and most likely will not know about till release date if not a few days prior. i.e a leak on saaaayyy the video games section of 4chan for example.

Thoughts on this everybody?

pichupal

Smash Apprentice
NNID
pichupower
3DS FC
1997-0164-7116
I wouldn't mind if we suddenly reverted the the very early PotD where Sakurai would just post a picture with almost no info and with a short caption. If only for the mass confusion of what's happening.

"Pic of the Day: Pacman hungry for Pikmin. Perhaps peckish? I prefer Pikpik carrots."
"Pic of the Day: Close-Up on Meta-Knight's logo on his shoulder brace. Does he have shoulders?"
"Pic of the Day: Pikachu is cute even while sleeping."

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I wouldn't mind if we suddenly reverted the the very early PotD where Sakurai would just post a picture with almost no info and with a short caption. If only for the mass confusion of what's happening.

"Pic of the Day: Pacman hungry for Pikmin. Perhaps peckish? I prefer Pikpik carrots."
"Pic of the Day: Close-Up on Meta-Knight's logo on his shoulder brace. Does he have shoulders?"
No. It would just be annoying as hell.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

How about no.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Why are so many people so sure we'll know the full roster when the Japanese 3DS version comes out? That didn't happen with Brawl did it? I recall reading that Wolf was the last character confirmed for Brawl and he wasn't tied with anybody. I believe I read one reason before, something to do with Sakurai not liking the game to be spoiled by the internet like what happened with SSE? If that's the case is that really enough reason to believe he'll show the full roster all at once? Not that I'm against the idea, I'd love to know who's in the game (Krystal, Ganon and Wolf namely) and who's not.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim

He legit does not have any more days for filler, everything we get from now on should be a little nugget of nooget

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
wow

That's... pretty crazy. This has been quite a fun year. No other game can generate this kind of attention and daily hype. Daily!

Can't believe it's almost over

edit: You know we never did get any music updates.......
Can't do music updates on miiverse.

Why are so many people so sure we'll know the full roster when the Japanese 3DS version comes out? That didn't happen with Brawl did it? I recall reading that Wolf was the last character confirmed for Brawl and he wasn't tied with anybody. I believe I read one reason before, something to do with Sakurai not liking the game to be spoiled by the internet like what happened with SSE? If that's the case is that really enough reason to believe he'll show the full roster all at once? Not that I'm against the idea, I'd love to know who's in the game (Krystal, Ganon and Wolf namely) and who's not.
He's not gonna show the full roster. The japanese players are gonna leak it all.

Last edited:

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
I think you're very confused

Sakurai isn't gonna show us the full roster before or when the game comes out. Japanese players are.

See this here? This is the very first screenshot of the full Brawl roster and it happened before the game came out in Japan. I remember, because of the "NEW!" over Wolf. That was the last character this first leaker unlocked.

Other characters including Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Ness, Rob and Lucario still hadn't been officially unveiled (although Ness and Lucario were spotted in as icons in an official screenshot as a slip up).

When the Japanese game comes out, we won't need trailers or unveilings anymore, gamers will take to the interwebs and let us know, and it's gonna hit like a ****ing meteor impact

Last edited:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Won't that take time though? I'm thinking specifically of the likes of Mewtwo from Melee. He took like 20 hours of gameplay to unlock and there could be other characters like that, possibly with longer hour requirements. I guess that isn't too long in the grand scheme of things but the people who first get ahold of the game won't know how to unlock every character immediately, yet the way people talk it sounds like the moment it hits the shelves we'll know the roster. Dah well, thank you both (or all if more people have replied by now) for clearing that up for me.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
Won't that take time though? I'm thinking specifically of the likes of Mewtwo from Melee. He took like 20 hours of gameplay to unlock and there could be other characters like that, possibly with longer hour requirements. I guess that isn't too long in the grand scheme of things but the people who first get ahold of the game won't know how to unlock every character immediately, yet the way people talk it sounds like the moment it hits the shelves we'll know the roster. Dah well, thank you both (or all if more people have replied by now) for clearing that up for me.
You're not giving them enough credit.

TaichiYaegashi

Smash Ace
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Brawl roster (that exact image above) get posted in the time span of a single day after release?

I'm expecting Smash 4's roster to get leaked in 1 to 3 days tops.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't the Brawl roster (that exact image above) get posted in the time span of a single day after release?

I really can't remember, but in the grand scheme of things, you could call it instantaneous.

I seriously doubt it takes more than 24 hours. I put money on screen grabs before the japanese release.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master

Sakurai isn't gonna show us the full roster before or when the game comes out. Japanese players are.

See this here? This is the very first screenshot of the full Brawl roster and it happened before the game came out in Japan. I remember, because of the "NEW!" over Wolf. That was the last character this first leaker unlocked.

Other characters including Jigglypuff, Toon Link, Ness, Rob and Lucario still hadn't been officially unveiled (although Ness and Lucario were spotted in as icons in an official screenshot as a slip up).

When the Japanese game comes out, we won't need trailers or unveilings anymore, gamers will take to the interwebs and let us know, and it's gonna hit like a ****ing meteor impact
People were pissed LOL. I wonder if the same thing is gonna happen this time...

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
@ TeenGirlSquad TeenGirlSquad Most definitely will. I plan on leaving Smash Boards the moment the roster is known in complete, and switch over to live streams of the game for three weeks before it comes out here.

It worked last time, I was able to stay excited and happy :lick:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
When a roster is finally announced some people will like it and some will hate it. It's just the way it is.

I got sonic last time so I didn't care. I hope Mewtwo comes back. I'm most hopeful for him. I would be upset if he doesn't make the cut.

Last edited:

Everything was unlocked in a single night. I remember staying up as news poured in as Japanese players made their way through the game and posted screenshots. The board I was on went to pieces when the first shots of Ridley as a boss were posted.:(

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that the Japanese release is when school starts up again....but hey, it's on a Saturday. I can pull an all-nighter on Friday night. :)

spader13

Smash Journeyman
20 pictures to go, so hopefully Sakurai will go back to doing mostly multi-picture updates for that last push of information. I'd guess there will still be some Wii U pictures mixed in, but the majority will stay of the 3DS.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but has anything been confirmed about there being more screenshots after the Japanese release date?

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim

THats why everything will be revealed BEFORE release.

Sakurai isn't ignorant of this. I foresee one reveal trailer this month, one in september before release and a veteran reveal a week via POTD.

Lastw eek was MK, this week will be back to Wario hype for me :)

Last edited:

LoboRundas

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LoboRundas
3DS FC
4098-3496-0921
Switch FC
SW 6696 1795 2392
I don't know if this has been answered or not, but has anything been confirmed about there being more screenshots after the Japanese release date?
We will still have the WiiU version coming, and even then, Brawl's dojo kept going until july or august of that year.

Loungemen

Smash Journeyman

Remember when people were rioting because ROB was playable? Those were some great times (I stalked you guys before I joined)

Like it or not people, even if the full roster will be unveiling soon, don't get your hopes up. We're still gonna be pissed some way.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465

Golly...this brings back so many memories of anticipation.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
(remembered a more appropriate thread ignore this)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom