• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gameboi834

Smash Lord
NNID
Gameboi834
I would imagine City Trial was played around the same amount if not more than the main mode in Kirby Air Ride
Yeaaah not at all. I guarentee that I, and all my friends, and all their friends sunk waaay more time into City Trial than whatever the racing mode was called. It was much more fun.

I doubt that would happen with Smash, though, but personally it's probably going to be quite frequently played on my 3DS.

Moderator Edit: Fixed up the quote tag.

Last edited by a moderator:

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
It's kind of late for Nintendo to announce bi-monthly Nintendo Direct. I hope we'll still get one but it got to be before August 20 or it will be longest waiting ever.
I think we won't get a bi-monthly Nintendo Direct this month, mainly because of the health problems that Iwata was going trough. Of course the direct could happen without him, but it may not give the same vibe so they may decide not do it. And I'm not expecting a Smash Direct, but if it happens, it will be in september.

Also, good PoftD, The level up in the powers means its a encouragement to keep playing smash run many times. And make goes trought it easier too.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
So, around 20 Pics of the Day left, right? Or is it 19 now? Either way, just a few weeks left. Even when I do have the game, I will miss the Pics of the Day. Even when filler, they Always gave me something to look forward to when times were hard and/or slow. When the new Smash games is released, we will have to wait years and years until we'll see some Pics of the Day again. and while we will complain about fillers there to, we should all remember the good times waiting for pics and seeing surprising and wonderful things that will give us enjoyment for years to come in the new Super Smash Brothers games. Even Luigi's Nose have made some people happy. And that is all that matters.

Pic of The Day, you will be missed the second you stop.
I just hope the next Smash has an actual DOJO! And not this lame-ass information torture we've had to endure for 1+ year, you know, with an actual organized and categorized layout and MUSIC GODDAMNIT! MUSIC! That was one of the worst things about this format, no sweet, SFX-less music rips.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I just hope the next Smash has an actual DOJO! And not this lame-*** information torture we've had to endure for 1+ year, you know, with an actual organized and categorized layout and MUSIC GODDAMNIT! MUSIC! That was one of the worst things about this format, no sweet, SFX-less music rips.
Well, the reason there is no Dojo this time makes sense. Sakurai, as well as most fans it seems, agreed that they showed waay too much on the Dojo. This way of updates is in no way 'lame-***', as it gives us plenty of info almost every day of the week. Compare that to any other game Before release, and we certanly get a lot of more info than most, if not all.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I think we won't get a bi-monthly Nintendo Direct this month, mainly because of the health problems that Iwata was going trough. Of course the direct could happen without him, but it may not give the same vibe so they may decide not do it. And I'm not expecting a Smash Direct, but if it happens, it will be in september.

Also, good PoftD, The level up in the powers means its a encouragement to keep playing smash run many times. And make goes trought it easier too.
We already got a Direct this month.

Stalkos

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1977-0277-9521
We already got a Direct this month.
We did but it was a Hyrule Warriors Direct without Iwata. I was refering that we won't get a general Nintendo Direct this month.

There is chances of a Smash Direct happening without Iwata too, but probably just in september, like I said.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I don't Think people need to worry. It is very likely there will be a main Direct this month. And it is bound to show some new Smash stuff. ^^

Anyways, how late was it Sakurai announced he's show a Smash Trailer last time? I assume this is much later than that, so we should not keep waiting for one, right?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well we are already about halfway into August (what? We are already about halfway into August? Time flies......) so I can see them announcing a general Direct/Smash Direct either next week or the week after.....

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well we are already about halfway into August (what? We are already about halfway into August? Time flies......) so I can see them announcing a general Direct/Smash Direct either next week or the week after.....
There will be a Direct on the same day Pyrosphere was shown last year, and you will all bow down Before me. Especially you, Kiwi. You doubted me, and you shall burn!

Nah just kidding you are kinda ok I suppose

Can't wait for Monday. Pics feels much more exciting this Close to release, and you never know what Sakurai will do.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
There will be a Direct on the same day Pyrosphere was shown last year, and you will all bow down Before me. Especially you, Kiwi. You doubted me, and you shall burn!

Nah just kidding you are kinda ok I suppose

Can't wait for Monday. Pics feels much more exciting this Close to release, and you never know what Sakurai will do.
Yea i need good proof of that.

spader13

Smash Journeyman
I thought a lot of today's picture had been explained well enough by other Smash Run info released through other outlets, but I suppose it was new for the website. While I'm excited to try Smash Run, I'd rather see enemies or nothing about it until launch as there's not too much more that I think pictures can explain about it.

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
We did but it was a Hyrule Warriors Direct without Iwata. I was refering that we won't get a general Nintendo Direct this month.

There is chances of a Smash Direct happening without Iwata too, but probably just in september, like I said.
We could get a Direct with Reggie or Bill Trinen hosting it.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Gosh, I really thought we'd get a Smash Direct next week or somethin. Aw well, maybe near the start of September.
As for Monday's picture...uhh...a new final smash for...Peach?

Psh, did somebody mention Slippy? Haha, I'd love to see Slippy! His conversation with Snake in Brawl was pretty funny so I'd like to see him get some more love. Slippy is such a hilarious character in Nintendo's history, he needs more representation! I'd love to see him get an assist trophy where he gives a thumbs up pose and then immediately gets shot at by Wolfens while running around the stage screaming "Somebody, get this guy off me!!"

pickle962

Smash Lord
I kinda want the "Monday Disconfirmation" to start up again.
Praying one of these Mondays, Ridley is among the deconfirmed! I'll just be sitting back reveling in the chaos as the forums will inevitably go koo koo and the mods get trampled by the angry Ridley fanboy stampede as they march over to Namco headquarters, track down Sakurai, take him to the highest point of the building, throw the guy off the building shouting "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!!!" and then steamroll whatever is left of the guy and then discover a Ridley plush sitting in Sakurai's chair!

*hic* oh man am I toasted! *hic*

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
Definitely expecting Ray or Isaac to take the bullet soon.
Oh God, not Isaac.

Like don't get me wrong, if he's an assist I'll be fine with it but he seems like he could add a lot of uniqueness and we need a jrpg rep.

i will cry like a bish if he gets deconfirmed

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Oh God, not Isaac.

Like don't get me wrong, if he's an assist I'll be fine with it but he seems like he could add a lot of uniqueness and we need a jrpg rep.

i will cry like a bish if he gets deconfirmed
I'd like to see him playable too, but I just don't believe it'll happen at this point. Shulk is probably going to have to carry the JRPG slack.

Last edited:

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I'd like to see him playable too, but I just don't believe it'll happen at this point. Shulk is probably going to have to carry the JRPG slack.
Oh hey, Shulk's good. I like that guy.

But yeah, it sucks about Isaac but I don't see him at this point either. Would be nice, too.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Praying one of these Mondays, Ridley is among the deconfirmed! I'll just be sitting back reveling in the chaos as the forums will inevitably go koo koo and the mods get trampled by the angry Ridley fanboy stampede as they march over to Namco headquarters, track down Sakurai, take him to the highest point of the building, throw the guy off the building shouting "YOU MUST RECOVER!!!!!" and then steamroll whatever is left of the guy and then discover a Ridley plush sitting in Sakurai's chair!

*hic* oh man am I toasted! *hic*
Were your parents murdered by a Ridley fan or something? You really have quite the needless vendetta against them

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Were your parents murdered by a Ridley fan or something? You really have quite the needless vendetta against them
It's simpler. They were murdered by Ridley.

You're talking to Samus Aran herself. She doesn't wanna face her childhood trauma again.

KokiriKory

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
kokirikory
3DS FC
2148-8224-6270
How many pics are left till launch? 20?
wow

That's... pretty crazy. This has been quite a fun year. No other game can generate this kind of attention and daily hype. Daily!

Can't believe it's almost over

edit: You know we never did get any music updates.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom