• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottyWK

Smash Lord
NNID
ScottyWK
3DS FC
3239-4428-9575
Ah, never played this one, but it is a SNES game and if there is a stage for it, it wouldn't be for the 3DS version. Not sure why you are complaining.
Relax, I was joking. There are way bigger things in life to complain about than a stage in a handheld video game.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I hope they represent TTYD on the Wii u, and give us TTYD HD! or a TTYD stage. . . stage. A stage stage would be awesome.
If anything they will rep Super Paper Mario, since it was the latest game in the series, for a console. Super Paper Mario is awesome, so that is okay to me... though TTYD is a little bit more awesome.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
If this means Paper Mario as a playable character (which I think is a bit of a :083: claim right now), I'm calling in sick from work this week.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the game that defined my childhood. I was actually crying at the end of the game when the "You Can Do It Mario" theme played during the Shadow Queen battle (mostly because that scene was super touching but for an 11 year old that fight was super hard). I would play it for hours and it remains to this day the only game I've ever 100%. I got every recipe, every badge, completed Trouble Center and filled the Tattle Log. It was so much fun.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I will start crying if today's PotD is a double picture with the second picture hinting at a Paper Mario character being revealed.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
That is very recognizable, it is a fairly prominent aspect of the trailer. Had I seen that, I would have probably discerned the stage.
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but since it is you, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Ok, I SOMEHOW cooled down, but I really need hours to fully proccess what just happened.

Having to update the thread really makes this so much a dream come true. I stil can't process it.

That was so unexpected but it was exactly a week after the TTYD anniversary. Take this as you will but it might not be coincidence.

Also, this just confirmed that I won't have ANY complains until release. Again, Sakurai cleared my last and biggest worry I had with the game: general repping. Expect a lot of mind blown like this in the following days because I'm sure there's more.

If he's confirmed though, I just will maybe log out for one day to not get spam warning.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
If anything they will rep Super Paper Mario, since it was the latest game in the series, for a console. Super Paper Mario is awesome, so that is okay to me... though TTYD is a little bit more awesome.
Gameplay for SPM was less than desirable, but the gameplay and characterization was just amazing. My 2nd fav Paper Mario after TTYD

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
C'mon caption! I wanna know what this means!. . . . . . well obviously a new stage but just tell me words! :dizzy:

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Ok, I SOMEHOW cooled down, but I really need hours to fully proccess what just happened.

Having to update the thread really makes this so much a dream come true. I stil can't process it.

That was so unexpected but it was exactly a week after the TTYD anniversary. Take this as you will but it might not be coincidence.

Also, this just confirmed that I won't have ANY complains until release. Again, Sakurai cleared my last and biggest worry I had with the game: general repping. Expect a lot of mind blown like this in the following days because I'm sure there's more.

If he's confirmed though, I just will maybe log out for one day to not get spam warning.
If it was a week after the TTYD anniversary perhaps that bodes well for Mother since it just had an anniversary go by too.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
That is very recognizable, it is a fairly prominent aspect of the trailer. Had I seen that, I would have probably discerned the stage.
Haha that's all I'm saying. Sorry if it looks like I'm calling you out specifically. I mean to say that to everyone here who seem to have a hard time recognizing the stage.

I was never excited from the trailer and people say Sticker Star is the poopy Paper Mario game so I don't think I'll ever play this game. Glad we're finally getting some Paper Mario love though. Hoping we get something Thousand Year Door for the Wii U version.

Last edited:

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
If this means Paper Mario as a playable character (which I think is a bit of a :083: claim right now), I'm calling in sick from work this week.

Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door is the game that defined my childhood. I was actually crying at the end of the game when the "You Can Do It Mario" theme played during the Shadow Queen battle (mostly because that scene was super touching but for an 11 year old that fight was super hard). I would play it for hours and it remains to this day the only game I've ever 100%. I got every recipe, every badge, completed Trouble Center and filled the Tattle Log. It was so much fun.
Yeeeeees I love TTYD, one of my favorites of all time!

Morbi

Scavenger
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but since it is you, I'm just going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you're not.
Not being sarcastic in the slightest.

Meh, call me back when we get this music in Smash.
Beautiful... you are attenuating the Paper Mario stage reveal.

C'mon caption! I wanna know what this means!. . . . . . well obviously a new stage but just tell me words! :dizzy:
Maybe this is where the Great Fox flies around in this iteration?!

juddy96

Smash Lord
As mentioned before, Sticker Star is the only Paper Mario game to appear on a handheld. Thus, it wouldn't make any sense to have TTYD stage on the 3DS. Maybe a Wii U stage will come later. For now, Paper Mario fans should feel content!

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
btw, really I don;t care it;s from sticker star. Do you realise that just getting one is already big?

So, keep hoping for theatre but there's literally no reason to not be happy if the stage is the rep along with some trophies. I asked for a music as minimum and I just got a stage and a 99% of seeing music.

I have no reason to complain but just to freaking hype myself.

tippy

Smash Apprentice
Not a big fan of Sticker Star, but hey, I've wanted a Paper Mario stage since Melee. Better than nothing.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
There doesn't HAVE to be a paper Mario stage on both the 3DS and Wii U

The 3DS version could be the only Paper Mario stage

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I want the setting for the final fight from Paper Mario 64 (Bowser's platform at the top of Peach's castle, it would give Bowser a stage as well), or the Theater Stage from Paper Mario: TTYD to be the Paper Mario stage in the Wii U version.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yawnnn...kay, I'm awake, I'm awake, what happen...
Paper Mario Stage? Oh. Eh. It's good to see more of the side stuff get represented but I would've preferred a Mario & Luigi stage. Oh well~ Okay, so Paper Mario is more likely, I guess? Or maybe a Mr. L costume? Aw, I would've loved to hear the track from Super Paper Mario "The Ultimate Show" but it doesn't look like it'd fit here. And while this is cute-looking I honestly prefer that fake Glitzville stage... But whatever! I've only seen just a glimpse of this stage! Maybe there'll be some great tracks and cameos yet.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
btw, really I don;t care it;s from sticker star. Do you realise that just getting one is already big?

So, keep hoping for theatre but there's literally no reason to not be happy if the stage is the rep along with some trophies. I asked for a music as minimum and I just got a stage and a 99% of seeing music.

I have no reason to complain but just to freaking hype myself.
You are the best kind of Smash fan.

Anthuhny

Smash Cadet
Hopefully the gooper blooper theme plays (although I doubt it) that song is so good the boss dances to it!

Hayzie

Smash Lord
NNID
Hayzie
3DS FC
5000-3322-4068
I truly do hope for Paper Mario. He deserves a slot for sure. Ever since his debut, he's debuted on all of Nintendo's platforms.

And he's so damn cute. Perfect character with a wide range of arsenals just suited for Smash.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I was so absorbed in a book I forgot about the Pic of the Day.
And then I open up my laptop to see I got a Skype message from a friend asking if I saw the Pic.
*Sees Pic*
Immediate reaction, not paraphrasing:
"OFEONWOFEIMOFIMOEFINOWEFIMOEFWMOEKMefwiom
OH MY ****ING GOD"

Today has been a good day!
And hopefully this bodes well for the rest of the week!

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
I want the setting for the final fight from Paper Mario 64 (Bowser's platform at the top of Peach's castle, it would give Bowser a stage as well), or the Theater Stage from Paper Mario: TTYD to be the Paper Mario stage in the Wii U version.
That would be glorious! I can imagine kammy throwing giant yellow blocks on us lol

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Paper. Mario. Content. IN MY SMASH BROS.

Sakurai. Listen.

If you do this for me.

If you did this one thing for me in early to mid 2012.

I might forgive you if Ridley was just a cruel ****ing joke.

It might all go away.

If I get my paper husbando in Smash Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom