• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
I'm gonna bet this is a Item, like Mr. Saturn. :) A awesome item.

I've Always wanted this. Oh the blood that will be spilled, the Eyes that will be pecked!

Stenton

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Stenton
3DS FC
5241-1897-2572
In other news. Nice to see that the Animal Crossing NPCs change like Smashville.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am so glad Sakurai went with Cuccos and not pigs or worse (Ooccoos).

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
This is actually really cool. Another living item, and one of my fave things to play with in Zelda. Clever Sakurai!

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
A cucco got in before the great dark lord ;-; dah well, cool item...or assist trophy or taunt or whatever it is.

D

Deleted member

A cucco got in before the great dark lord ;-; dah well, cool item...or assist trophy or taunt or whatever it is.
Cuccos are the real villain of Zelda and don't you forget it. They're little devils they are.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think there's a chance this may be an assist trophy. Also I suspect you can pick up and throw them as well as using them to parasoul jump.

Aduross

Smash Apprentice
Neat! I've always thought Cuccos would be a cool item. Hopefully you can grab them and float with them. It seems to most resemble the Twilight Princess rendition of the Cucco, though they all pretty much just look like chickens so...

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Plus bumpers. That would be awesome.

I like the Cuccos and I enjoy the chaos that surely follows them.
Oh lawd. I really hope the stage builder returns with bumpers as place-able items. The havoc that would ensue...

Do we have a shot of Toon Link in a pose like this, yet? I'm wondering if maybe this is just a taunt where Toon Link chases a Cucco around in a circle, or something. Hopefully it's just a very cleverly manipulated shot. Sakurai's text would seem to suggest you can interact with them, too, but now I'm paranoid. C'mon, awesome rampaging chicken item!

Edit: ok, after a quick google search, this seems to be a pretty similar pose, albeit in a different stage of the animation, so I think we're in the clear.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Oh wow! This is nice! This was a highly-requested item if my memory serves me well! In other words, cooooool! Starting the week off awesome! And yeah, Labelle and a fish guy are in the back! Cool!

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
So, Three New Zelda Items. No New Mario Item. Interesting.

I hope the Parasol item returns, btw. I Always loved how DK hold his hand over him bottom when gliding, as if he was scared of the height and afraid he would have an accident.

MopedOfJustice

Smash Lord
NNID
MopedOfJustice
You have no idea just how much I wanted that chicken to be an item. I didn't think it would happen, especially given the excessive amount of LoZ items in already, but it happened.

And what's with all the LoZ items?

Lightosia

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Light0sia
Hmm, what is this Toon Link pose? Looks like the start of his spin attack.

Also, Monday pics are getting better than Wednesday pics.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Nice picture. I always wished for Cuccos to appear in Smash, because of the infamous Cucco squad. I wonder if it will be an item or an Assist Trophy...

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
This is really cool, I always hoped for cuccos.

How do we know it isn't an assist though? Everyone is assuming it's an item.....

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Holy **** dem cuccos.
Actually thought about it myself a few times, so I like it. I guess they're items and not assist though.
So many new Zelda items by the way, we're at three as of now.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Holy **** dem cuccos.
Actually thought about it myself a few times, so I like it. I guess they're items and not assist though.
So many new Zelda items by the way, we're at three as of now.
Yeah, if I would guess, they are Items just like Mr. Saturn. ^^ I like Character-Items.

I expect the cuccos to randomly run around, and if you hit one, a bunch of 'em will fly in and attack every fighter in sight.

Love the new items. But, yeah, Three new Zelda items, lol.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Four if you count Skull Kid, actually.
And there's that Phantom Knight too we don't know what's exactly.
Seems like the fact that there's no adventure mode this time around gave them a lot of more time for these secondary things: trophies are a lot more polished (even though three isn't exactly much to judge the entire lot), assist trophies seem blending a lot better with the environment, and a lot of new items are announced already (Brawl was really, really lacking on this part).
Hopefully stages and newcomers are the next thing, the amount of content may surprise us a lot more.

peachy!

super princess
I have read tons of requests for the inclusion of Cuccos, so I’m glad they’re in somehow. Can’t wait to see what they do.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
@ Vintage Creep Vintage Creep
Well, Assist Trophy is a item, but can we Count the individual Assists Items as well? I personally don't. ^^
And I still expect that Phantom Knight to be part of a character's moveset, but there's so much debate that I prefer to just wait and see.

And well, Smash 4 WILL have a Adventure Mode. ^^ Just not a 'Story' Mode it seems. But yes, without the SSE, Game Demos, etc, they seem to really make a load of new neat stuff. I do hope the Roster is massive thanks to that.

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
My first thought was Super Smash Flash 2.

Which is awesome, I like the Cucco item in that.
I imagine this works the same way considering Sakurai's comment.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
If the Cucco happens to be an item and if all Zelda items from the previous games return, we'd have 6 Zelda items: Heart Container, Bunny Hood, Deku Nut, Beetle, Bottled Fairy and Cucco. Not far fetched, considering the Mario series had 11 items in Brawl: Super Mushroom, Fire Flower, Super Star, Metal Box, Green Shell, Poison Mushroom, Lightning Bolt, Freezie, Banana Peel, Bob-omb and Golden Hammer.

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I think a lot of villains will be wondering why the Cuccos never tried to annihilate them. I mean, Ganondorf did conquer Hyrule, and you'd think that by doing that, the poultry would rebel against him. If Link can't beat them, then how could Ganondorf?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I think a lot of villains will be wondering why the Cuccos never tried to annihilate them. I mean, Ganondorf did conquer Hyrule, and you'd think that by doing that, the poultry would rebel against him. If Link can't beat them, then how could Ganondorf?
I think I saw a webcomic of Ganondorf tying a bunch of cuccoos to his armor to become invincible.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I just drew the following to go with today's screenshot...

Afterwards...

The Luma sure learned the hard way to not mistreat a Cucco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom