• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Like everyone is saying, this is probs true.

Those plazas have little shops, Pokemon centers and cafes/Team Flare base in and close to them so it certainly won't be boring.
Indeed. But my explonation was the best, right?

Also, I do hope there will be plenty of Pokémon in the background(s) here. ^^ And maybe some battles, even. I've Always wanted to see Pokémon battles in the background of Smash.

Chzrm3

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3926-5442-3703
Yay! Pokemon X&Y has such a great soundtrack, I'm gonna love this level for that reason alone. Hopefully there are tons of pokemon cameos too! :D

ppbto

Smash Journeyman
Now that I think about it this is the first Pokemon stage that we get in Smash 4, could it mean that we will receive a Pokemon rep soon? Mewtwo.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
The first pic from March that actually caught my attention. Look at them pretty lights.

JosukeM

Smash Rookie
Awesome, good to see Pokémon getting an actual location from the games as a stage instead of another generic Stadium, I hope the Wii U one will be like this, I don't want Pokémon Stadium 3, in fact, they are running out of "elements" to use on them, Bug, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Steel, Fairy, Fighting, Psychic and Poison are not even that "elementable" well, Steel could be one but I want to see Pokémon locations that are not from Poképark or Rumble in the Wii U version something like the Friend Safari/Safari Zone with different Pokémon as hazards or Pokémon World Tournament ... with different Pokémon as hazards

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
This was by far my least favorite area in any Pokemon game; it took me forever to figure out my way around that homogenous and maze-like area, and the camera is so awful that it's pretty much impossible to tell what's going on if you don't use the skates. The good news about that is that it's basically guaranteed to be a better smash stage than Pokemon city, but like most 3DS stages, I have a feeling we aren't going to really understand it for a very long time.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805

Interesting.
-Image Removed-
It's so beautiful...!

Moderator Edit: Not a good idea to post off-topic images here. Please read the rules on the primary post next time.

Last edited by a moderator:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
So floating platforms everywhere, or just up top with the plazas being walk offs? Who knows, but either way that's a pretty looking stage.

Lot of 3DS screens lately...

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
3DS Version Master Race. D<

Jokes aside, this is awesome. I'm so hyped for this stage. <3

juddy96

Smash Lord
Pretty sure nobody expected another new stage after Tortimer Island on Friday. Sakurai really knows how to keep us off of our game.

Staarih

Smash Master
Even if this stage did move only between the plaza's and the tower it still has much potential with the shops, cafe's, running Pokemon, people, Team Flare, taxi's etc. Love it! But poor 5th gen which might end up with no representation. Not that it's surprising though.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Whoa, this stage looks incredible! Really nice graphics on the 3DS too! I'm actually a bit sad to see (or assume) that it'll be a 3DS exclusive stage. I'd love to see it on the Wii U as well.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Even if this stage did move only between the plaza's and the tower it still has much potential with the shops, cafe's, running Pokemon, people, Team Flare, taxi's etc. Love it! But poor 5th gen which might end up with no representation. Not that it's surprising though.
That's because of stuff like this

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
But poor 5th gen which might end up with no representation. Not that it's surprising though.
After how Gen 3 got shafted in Brawl I wouldn't be surprised, but I'm still hoping for it to get a stage for the Wii U version.

That's because of stuff like this
Yes, because one Pokémon kills it all...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Cool seeing a new stage and seeing our first Pokemon stage. I'd be fine with a third Pokemon Stadium too. As for a Wii U Pokemon stage, how about somewhere from the Orre region? To my knowledge Colosseum and XD are the closest we have so far to a main series Pokemon game on a home console. Otherwise I would be happy with seeing a PBR stage.

Baskerville

That's a paddlin'
NNID
RedGazelle7
3DS FC
4184-3881-5805
I'm more happy that it isn't another Pokemon Stadium. Actually gives me hope the Wii U version will have something more towards XD/Colosseum.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Leave for 15 freaking minutes. I'll be damned.

@Ndayday this better motivate you to finish Y now.

This should help debunk any of those poke cafe stages we kept seeing in some leaks. Really nice shot of the level. Another scrolling level? or maybe the next New Pork City?
If it is a scrolling level, technically it could stop at any of the numerous cafes in the city, or it could even start there.

Well, at least a Pokemon stage has been revealed! Now to wait until Kirby & Star Fox get their stages up...
I think the lack of a DK one is most disturbing, considering we have 2 playable characters confirmed already, yet no stage.

Also I just realized I was technically right about us getting a stage before the Yoshi reveal.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Eh, Lumiose. Hoped it wouldn't be a stage, such an infuriating location with a cheesy feel to it. Here's hoping we won't just get a Pokémon Stadium 3 across both platforms, leaving us with likely only one spot for a possible Gen V stage. Gen V has so much potential, I really don't want it to be skipped out like Gen III.

At least it's a Pokémon stage. Gief Kirby and DK stage pls.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Wouldn't it be possible to have Pokemon Stadium 3 for both the 3DS and Wii U which would be the same in both versions AND have Lumiose for 3DS and a Wii U only stage too?

Shroob

Sup?
Pretty sure nobody expected another new stage after Tortimer Island on Friday. Sakurai really knows how to keep us off of our game.
To be fair, Tortimer Island wasn't "New". We knew about it since December, but it just sat in limbo like the WiiU Kid Icarus stage.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Yes, because one Pokémon kills it all...

It's not just him.

Whoa, this stage looks incredible! Really nice graphics on the 3DS too! I'm actually a bit sad to see (or assume) that it'll be a 3DS exclusive stage. I'd love to see it on the Wii U as well.
It would look quite radiant on the Wii U, indeed.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Wouldn't it be possible to have Pokemon Stadium 3 for both the 3DS and Wii U which would be the same in both versions AND have Lumiose for 3DS and a Wii U only stage too?
Seems it's mostly for general and simple stages like the Punch Out Ring and Battlefield. Lumiose comes off as a 3DS exclusive in my eyes.

It's not just him.
The Roggenrola family, including Boldore, is one of the coolest Pokémon families imo. Gen V is a ton better than Gen IV and VI imo, it's always the uneven numbered generations that are the coolest.

Last edited:

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm starting to think that that "Exclusive stages per version" is bull****. The stages can't possibly be less than 40, and I can't see Sakurai programming 80+ stages in total. So I guess the exclusive stages will be far less than we expect, like 10 per version, and the other 30ish will be on both.

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
The grumpy Krookodile is right.

People really exaggerate on Gen 5's "dumb" Pokemon designs. They're just more...creative than Gen 1's, which are more "generic" and animal-like for the most part.

I personally like it when they make creative Pokemon based off inanimate objects.
Chandelure, anyone? (not the rabid Bandana Dee fan)

Oh, and gens 1 and 2 are my childhood, (turning 22 in a few months) in case anyone asks.

Awesome, good to see Pokémon getting an actual location from the games as a stage instead of another generic Stadium, I hope the Wii U one will be like this, I don't want Pokémon Stadium 3, in fact, they are running out of "elements" to use on them, Bug, Ghost, Dark, Dragon, Steel, Fairy, Fighting, Psychic and Poison are not even that "elementable" well, Steel could be one but I want to see Pokémon locations that are not from Poképark or Rumble in the Wii U version something like the Friend Safari/Safari Zone with different Pokémon as hazards or Pokémon World Tournament ... with different Pokémon as hazards
Honestly, I'd love to see a Stadium stage with Ghost, Dragon, Psychic, and Fairy types represented.

Maybe make it have an Elite Four-theme in the background, like having statues of all the current champions with one arm outstretched and holding a glowing crystal Pokeball colored according to their type theme.

----

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Did someone just insult Stoutland?

I freaking love Stoutland!

Either way, I think the Wii U will have the general Pokemon stages like Stadium 3 while the 3DS has specific locations.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
...I don't see a problem with most of those, in fact Stoutland, Sawk and Boldore are pretty awesome.
Well you seem to like Gen5 so of course you would say that regardless.
Boldore is one of the most frustrating Pokemon ever. Countless hours spent grinding to find a certain stone or discover a certain Pokemon results in hundreds of Boldore encounters, all of which have Sturdy.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I'm starting to think that that "Exclusive stages per version" is bull****. The stages can't possibly be less than 40, and I can't see Sakurai programming 80+ stages in total. So I guess the exclusive stages will be far less than we expect, like 10 per version, and the other 30ish will be on both.
Unless Sakurai is going to introduce clone stages. Like, this exact Lumiose city appears on WiiU too, but it's a skin of a different city. Or something like that. Again, I can't think these games having less than 40ish stages both and I can't see Sakurai coming up with 80ish stages in total. Two already are shared in both versions (Battlefield duh, and the Boxing Ring).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom