• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yep. Probably that's what it is. 50 very small details about the game. Some things are probably not even new, they just haven't been announced by Nintendo yet. It's still exiting but people gotta have low expectations. I just want them to confirm Mewtwo for DLC...
You tell people they have to get low expectations and then you want announcement of DLC for a game which is one month's away?

The Direct is going to be massive... 50 little details LMAO

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
So Duck Hunt DOES have a reveal video

I'm looking forward to it

By why not just show it NOW?

Why just show a teaser of it?
This. We've known the roster for more than two months now anyways (technically four for the few people who believed the leak when it first came out in June). I'm glad that Duck Hunt Doge and the Koopalings are getting a trailer but I think the fact that even the official Smash Bros Facebook is treating them as a big surprise at this point is simply dumb as hell.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This. We've known the roster for more than two months now anyways (technically four for the few people who believed the leak when it first came out in June). I'm glad that Duck Hunt Doge and the Koopalings are getting a trailer but I think the fact that even the official Smash Bros Facebook is treating them as a big surprise at this point is simply dumb as hell.
To be fair, those who kept avoiding spoilers and don't own the 3DS version will get hyped, so it's not a bad idea. I think all Newcomers deserve trailers anyway, and I'm glad to see this. A trailer alone can give hype, even if you know of the character already.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
To be fair, those who kept avoiding spoilers and don't own the 3DS version will get hyped, so it's not a bad idea. I think all Newcomers deserve trailers anyway, and I'm glad to see this. A trailer alone can give hype, even if you know of the character already.
To the people who avoid spoilers about 2 months since the game has been out in Japan, my hat to you. You'd basically have to live under a rock, or at least thats how I view it

and everyone here complaining that DLC is deconfirmed on the direct. Can we just wait 21 hours -_-

Also, I don't think the direct is going to be like that Super Mario 3D World thing. I feel like Sakurai would go in-depth with the features. So yeah. It'd be cool if we had a counter of the new things on the corner for tomorrow

domriver

Smash Lord
I predict Duck Hunt reveal trailer today. I hope it is not saved for the direct because they are NOT new things. Less than a day to find out........ waiting.............

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
I predict Duck Hunt reveal trailer today. I hope it is not saved for the direct because they are NOT new things. Less than a day to find out........ waiting.............
Duck Hunt in HD is new. I wouldn't mind that he's part of the Direct. Just show me Smash-io Party and I'm set. Sweeten the deal with boards based on each series and I'm double set.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I would love for them to show Duck Hunt's trailer tonight, I mean...just to get it out of the way.

Last edited:

Hippopotasauce

Smash Lord
NNID
Hippopotasauce
I wouldn't mind the Duck Hunt trailer to be part of the direct as long as it doesn't take up 50% the duration of the entire thing.

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
I forgot that I love those because I do watch on a big tv with my pc on hdmi cable in surround mode with the tv speaker :)

I love nintendo and giving a free hdmi cable with their WiiU. One cable, multiple purposes :)

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Yall worried about characters we already know about getting trailers and wasting time cause theyre not new, but ya know they could show off new things in their trailers! DHD obviously a cool new stage and music but maybe something else? And Bowz Jr probably 8-Player smash! No need to be so skeptic, get those hopes up, even if we get two trailers that show absolutely nothing new for some reason, we still get 48 other things, so just get hyped~ Wonder what todays pic'll be... some trophy? And then maybe G&W and Jiggles on the site?

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Man, where is everyone? We're the night before a direct and this thread is dead? I'm friggin' excited!

Narth

Plox
NNID
nathanrinkster
3DS FC
1736-2381-3285
Man, where is everyone? We're the night before a direct and this thread is dead? I'm friggin' excited!
Don't worry, Narth's happy Luma is here!

EDIT Along with GLaDOS. She's always positively encouraging.

Last edited:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Abrinx's Dragonite reporting in. Hype levels rising. The picture will be a fantastic tease for the direct, I can almost guarantee it.

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
You know, it's actually kinda interesting that Duck Hunt would be "teased." Because Duck Hunt is currently the only character left who has yet to be officially acknowledged in some way. I mean, sure, Game & Watch hasn't been "revealed" yet, and Joonya, Jigglypuff as well as Game & Watch don't have their own pages yet, but all three have still been shown in some way officially.
I guess Duck Hunt was meant to be saved for last...?

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
I'm wondering if we're going to get a picture of the starting roster on the Wii U version, or something related to it.

Considering that Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Junior, and Ness all seem to be starters over there.

If not, then most likely in the live event.

Last edited:

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
*Inb4 Dong Joke*

Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too. By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts.

For Americas: http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Not gonna lie, I thought it was some kind if new mode at first.

The facelift they gave to Boxing Ring is stunning.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
What does the text on the screen say?

Rebellious Treecko

Smash Hero
"Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too. By the way, today, October 23rd at 3 PM PST (October 23rd 11 PM UK time, October 24th 9 AM Sydney Time, we are streaming "Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50-Fact Extravaganza" (“Super Smash Bros. for Wii U: 50 Must-See Things”). You can watch the stream from the links below when it starts. For Americas:

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/10-23-2014/
For Europe: http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html
For Oceania: http://www.nintendo.com.au/nintendodirect"

Edit: English screen

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
So I wonder what all the titles will be

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Donkey Kong vs. Samus...

inb4 Dixie Kong and Ridley are confirmed playable tomorrow. :troll:

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
Wow! Wasn't expecting that. I'm curious as to what the caption will be.
Edit: Ah, giant character display, with aliases?! And hyping the direct of course, this is going to be a good one, I can feel it already.

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
The whole "Alias" of the characters being displayed on the screen reminds me a lot of the titles characters received in Persona 4 Arena haha.

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
Pic of the day. The giant screen in the Boxing Ring stage for Wii U reenacts the multiscreen effect seen in the arcade version of Punch-Out!! Looks like their aliases are displayed on the screen too.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
...So will this only be for one-on-one matches, or will we be able to see this happen in three-player and four-player matches as well?

D

Deleted member

If Luigi's alias isn't "King of Second Bananas" I will be severely disappointed.
la li lu le lo

Last edited by a moderator:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Really curious about Duck Hunt and Pikachu's aliases
Donkey Kong vs. Samus...

inb4 Dixie Kong and Ridley are confirmed playable tomorrow. :troll:
inb4 they announce a DKC x Metroid Prime cross-over tomorrow :smash:

Last edited:

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Mega Man's Alias -

SUPER FIGGGHHHTING ROBOT! SUPER FIGHTING ROBOT! FIGHGHTIGNNG TO SAAAAAAAVE THE WORLD!
(all in caps.)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's it.

I want to know ALL of the aliases.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
The alias thing is awesome.

If they show up in the For Glory version, I think this became by favorite Omega Stage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom