• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaye Cruiser

Waveshocker Sigma
NNID
KayeCruiser
Switch FC
0740-7501-7043
Oh

That explains a lot that I didn't really think of or question with the character

I thought things just exploded around him by chance
Wait...

You're seriously just now getting that? XD

C'mon Issy, step it up. :4sonic:

Anywho, I guess we know what one of the things we're getting Thursday is. And what tomorrow's pic will be, for that matter.

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
I may be too optimistic to be thinking this, but I seriously hope that the 50 facts about Smash 4 doesn't END with Duck Hunt and/or Bowser Jr.

Pleeeease tell us there's other characters. sdhfkadjhs

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
So... Duck Hunt trailer confirmed for Thursday's Direct?

And when will we see the Bowser Jr + Koopalings trailer? (you know the Koopalings will be in the trailer)
Given how thus far, the order Sakurai has been using to release characters has been based on the VS matches required to unlock them. Given that Bowser Jr. requires 100 matches and Duck Hunt requires 110, we'll probably see Bowser Jr. shown with Duck Hunt.

It also means we'll likely be seeing Mr. Game and Watch, and probably Jigglypuff, in the direct as well.

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
Excitement!

One last thing that is probably irrelavant. In the Miiverse comments of this particular POTD, Duck Hunt is being censored as spoilers in most cases he is mentioned. But they're also making a massive deal out of covering up any mention of Ridley today. Coincidence? Probably?

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I hope Duck Hunt Dog's tagline is "Duck Hunt Laughs at the competition"

Excitement!

One last thing that is probably irrelavant. In the Miiverse comments of this particular POTD, Duck Hunt is being censored as spoilers in most cases he is mentioned. But they're also making a massive deal out of covering up any mention of Ridley today. Coincidence? Probably?
What do you mean?

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Well, well, well.

That picture looks as though it came straight out of a CGI Disney movie for some reason, like Wreck-It Ralph.

Is the person deliberately trying to shoot the Dog in there?
No, the Dog is giving the person targets.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Duck Hunt reveal video? Hell yes! Today or Tomorrow is the real question. I'm guessing during the Direct myself.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The thing I love about this is that it's official confirmation of what most of us thought. We're actually helping the dog, well besides the fact that we're controlling him, anyway. Either that or we're trying to hit the dog and we just have terrible aim. :troll:

Nebulax

Smash Cadet
I hope Duck Hunt Dog's tagline is "Duck Hunt Laughs at the competition"

What do you mean?
I mean that in the comments on the miiverse site, things are censored that are considered spoilers. Comments with Duck Hunt are, for obvious reasons, but so are the mentions of Ridley.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, this could serve as a pretty lame conclusion to the Wii U Direct, I'd rather they end it with a new mode instead now that they've already spoiled the two remaining newcomers have trailers.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
No, the Dog is giving the person targets.
From the way he reacts in-game, I'm surprised.

I have this head-canon that the Hunter is trying to look out for the Dog on the battlefield, by shooting the other characters that are intent on defeating him. But unfortunately, the Dog isn't aware of he's doing and thinks he is getting shot at deliberately, hence the reactions.

But I guess you could also look at it the way you suggested it, judging from that picture.

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
I kinda wish he would've just saved this for the direct... honestly wasn't expecting any more trailers.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
They're going to show Duck Hunt's trailer. This scene looks like game-play footage not the CGI (Cinematic) bit. The only way I'll be OK with them showing Duck Hunt and Bowser Jr.'s trailers in the direct is if either more unannounced characters like Wolf are revealed in their trailers or their are other unannounced character reveals just not in their trailers. If no unannounced fighters are confirmed playable in this direct than Sakurai's in some serious trouble.

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
Well, this could serve as a pretty lame conclusion to the Wii U Direct, I'd rather they end it with a new mode instead now that they've already spoiled the two remaining newcomers have trailers.
Don't worry. I am very sure the big thing in the end will not be something he has teased about. ^^

Hell, I still sorta expect DLC reveals tomorrow.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
From the way he reacts in-game, I'm surprised.

I have this head-canon that the Hunter is trying to look out for the Dog on the battlefield, by shooting the other characters that are intent on defeating him. But unfortunately, the Dog isn't aware of he's doing and thinks he is getting shot at deliberately, hence the reactions.

But I guess you could also look at it the way you suggested it, judging from that picture.
It makes sense to me that the Dog is directing where to shoot because of how his neutral and side specials work.
I guess his face during his smash attacks could just be freaking out at how close the shots are to him.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
Can you imagine the ensuing madness if we had gotten this pic two months ago?
It'd still be obvious it was Duck Hunt. His game is the most iconic to use the NES zapper and his character is the most recognizable.

PeterJude

Smash Ace
Don't worry. I am very sure the big thing in the end will not be something he has teased about. ^^

Hell, I still sorta expect DLC reveals tomorrow.
I don't think Nintendo will reveal any DLC (if there is any) until after the game has been out on the market for a while (like Mario Kart 8). If there's any new characters, it'll be as some kind of link with the Wii U at this point.

Personally I think the expectation should be that they aren't going to reveal anything tomorrow.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Man, that pic gave me a nostalgia attack
So, with the Duck Hunt trailer we know one of the 50 things of the Direct?, hopefully Jr. may get his own trailer too; I want to see a "proud father" comical reaction from Bowser when his son joins the battle. But now Im hyped to see that infamous but lovable Dog who has been laughing at our failed shooting skills since more than 25 years ago in full HD

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
According to Sakurai, as someone plays as DHD, behind the scenes yet another person shoots a light gun at the TV (or 3DS...) every time a Smash attack is used.

DHD confirmed for dual player dual character apparently. And I thought the ICs were too complicated for Smash 4. :troll:

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
okay this makes sense for me seeing as the 3ds version does not have a video player thing like the wiiu so ya (talking about why its going to be in the direct)

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Duck Hunt Dog confirmed to have the best trailer ever. God, that zapper brings back a lot of memories.

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
Very Disappointing. That means that there won't be a newcomer trailer for any other newcomer other than DHD or Bowser Jr. Screw this

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
So the remaining newcomers (sans Dark Pit) are getting trailers. That's awesome, I wonder if he will give us both tomorrow or split them up. Probably both tomorrow. Either way, I think DHD will get the best trailer of the bunch and it will be wondrous, hilarious, nostalgia filled video.

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
lol, doesn't anyone find it weird a "real life" person is pointing a gun at Diddy? I know it's silly but still lol

Very Disappointing. That means that there won't be a newcomer trailer for any other newcomer other than DHD or Bowser Jr. Screw this
What do you mean? Were you expecting trailers for returning characters?

Last edited:

ZeldaMaster

Smash Lord
lol, doesn't anyone find it weird a "real life" person is pointing a gun at Diddy? I know it's silly but still lol

What do you mean? Were you expecting trailers for returning characters?
I was hoping for more newcomers, like Mewtwo and Isaac, on Thursday instead of DHD and Bowser Jr, since there would be no hype those two since we already know about them.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Well here's hoping the direct is worthwhile and that the filler pic is good. See you tomorrow. Happy Smashing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well here's hoping the direct is worthwhile and that the filler pic is good. See you tomorrow. Happy Smashing.
It's not like we're getting 49 other things from the direct (48 if they show the Koopa Kids). There's still going to be a lot of worthwhile stuff in it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Meelow

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Meelow
I was hoping for more newcomers, like Mewtwo and Isaac, on Thursday instead of DHD and Bowser Jr, since there would be no hype those two since we already know about them.
What does Sakurai hyping up the Duck Hunt Dog Trailer have to do with newcomers?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Grr Thursday can't come fast enough. But I also want to enjoy my wednesday off because I've been working all week. Sakuraaaaaaiiiiii!!!!!

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
If the zapper had been somewhere easily accessible I was gonna take an IRL photo of the same thing.

But looks like I'd be looking through a lot of boxes to find it, so never mind.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
Missingno confirmed! Yeah...the way Dog Hunt is censored vaguely resembles Missingno.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom