• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The F-Zero stage is not the only leaked stage yet to be officially announced, though.
True, but besides past stages, the only one yet to be officially acknowledged is that pink "Probably Magicant" stage, which could be locked like Ness is.

I am deathly curious about that F-Zero stage, though. From that thumbnail, it looks like another variation on Mute City, but we already have Rainbow Road for that. I want to see it do something more clever.

abrinx77

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Abrinx
As much as I love the hype generated by Wario Wriday, I have started my own train today. Ms. Pac-Man Mriday!

epicgordan

Smash Ace
The F-Zero stage is not the only leaked stage yet to be officially announced, though.
It is, however, the last remaining leaked stage to be associated with a starter on the roster (PictoChat notwithstanding, but given that Sakurai doesn't really show off retro stages in PotD's anyways, I guess that makes sense).

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360

This post is on the front page of Reddit right now under the title, "History will soon be made."

Seems appropriate here. :)

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Interesting... Still aside from gameplay, I doubt there's much new to come of this. It'd be interesting if there were though. Let's wait and see.
Agreed. I'm sure that some people will get a kick out of just seeing if the gameplay speed changed and if Marth has landing lag and other stuffs, but I'm pretty confident that we won't get something as big as a character reveal or anything similar.

Mythra

Photon Edge
Switch FC
SW-3407-0751-9511
Nah nah nah naaah, gatta save Wii U exclusive info for the time between 3DS version being out and waiting for Wii U release. This close to 3DS release it just wouldn't make any sense, just save it for later. Only reason we should see Wii U pics till the 3DS release it to show off costumes, bosses, characters, assist trophies, and pokemon in HD, nothing exclusive.
You have a point here, but (not counting Gaur Plain) we have a Wii U Stage drought, also Sakurai is always unpredictable, he may post some Wii U content now to compensate the 3DS Menu fest of the last week. And with one of the games released in the near future he may focus on show the characters not revealed yet along with Menus, Amiibo settings, customization stuff and game modes, so even if Sakurai reveals Wii U exclusives now he has many more stuff to show in the future

Last edited:

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I'd be down with the final 3DS roster screen. Which I still think is the Eshop, no one can convince my otherwise.

PurpleSpaceDragon

Smash Journeyman
Last Friday was Shulk.

2 Fridays ago was the debut of the music section on smashbros.com

I expect something in that range of hype for tonight.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I hope the Pic of the Day is the final build of the 3DS version.
"Pic of the Day. We're proud to announce that Smash Bros. is almost ready for release! We're just patching up the final touches. Here you can see Luigi's nose in the final build. Looks different, doesn't it? No? That's because we didn't change it."

Last edited:

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Even if we did get a Shulk-like reveal, we'd have to wait till morning anyways just like Shulk was.

silvR1995

Smash Journeyman
NNID
silvRboLt1995
3DS FC
0834-0571-4339
"Pic of the Day. We're happy to announce that a demo for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS is now available on the eShop! Here's Luigi's nose to celebrate!"

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
I wonder if we'll get a pic of the day about bosses before release.

It'll send shivers down some spines if it starts with "Pic of the Day. I'd like to show you some of the boss characters in Super Smash Brothers for 3DS and Wii U."

Sonsa

Smash Champion
You have a point here, but (not counting Gaur Plain) we have a Wii U Stage drought, also Sakurai is always unpredictable, he may post some Wii U content now to compensate the 3DS Menu fest of the last week. And with one of the games released in the near future he may focus on show the characters not revealed yet along with Menus, Amiibo settings, customization stuff and game modes, so even if Sakurai reveals Wii U exclusives now he has many more stuff to show in the future
Well, he could, but I don't think he feels the need to compensate for everything, he probably thinks the menus are very informative (they are!) and exciting (ehh) I just think if we are to see a new stage it'll be more in the vain of last years updates where he'd focus more closely on something else while a new stage was visible but too close to understand fully. But more likely I think we'll either see Wii U stages in a picture on a new veteran's page, a smash direct next week, or not at all.
And sure, theres plenty to show for the waiting-for-wiiu time period, I just think he'd want to focus on getting people to buy the 3DS version 1st since thats the one coming out so soon.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Boo. Well maybe we'll get a smash direct announcement? If no, then wow, Wario's really unlockable? Thats so weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom