• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miiverse Daily Pic Thread: 2nd Edition (Updated 9/19)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
Pic of the day. The legendary hero Riki appears as an Assist Trophy and in Shulk's Final Smash!! As an Assist Trophy, he uses many arts like Happy Happy, Freezinate, and Yoink! He sounds a bit like Tingle…but don't worry, Tingle will make an appearance too. By the way, a cursor will appear above Assist Trophies and Pokémon to indicate which fighter is its ally. Now you can tell right off the bat who it belongs to!!

SO if there are two assist trophies out at the same time, both happen to be Riki then SHulk uses his final smash there is potentially 3 RIkis on the field.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
So, now we have a character who's part of a final smash and is an assist trophy? Didn't really see that coming, although I would hardly call that a bad thing.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Final Smash and Assist Trophy? Dayum Riki! Such a beast getting double representation.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Well, it's good to clarify all that, and that feature with the player indicators is a pretty great little feature for the people who play FFAS with items since it was often pretty hard to tell in a chaotic match. While for us there isn't really any substance here, I'm still happy to see another little case of thoughtful design. Also, for the sake of my single player victories, I can only hope the mighty heropon is as overpowered in this game as he was in Xenoblade, right?

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Clarifies what I already suspected to be the case. In the Japanese showcase trailer, Chain Chomp had the same 1P sign as Yoshi.

Also interesting to note that for the first time, a character has multiple roles, given that Riki is both part of Shulk's FS and an AT.

Probably doesn't mean much, but sure as hell shuts up those people claiming anything higher than AT can't be used twice (for DLC or otherwise).

Zero Suit Wario

Smash Ace
NNID
Candytechnics
3DS FC
4081-6017-8838
Switch FC
SW 3576 5099 8787
Nooo! I was wrong! NOoooooO!

Sakurai did this purpose!

FieryRebirth

Smash Ace
NNID
Rara-Avis
Switch FC
7032-4095-8921
He lies on the ground and if you pass over him it hits you, like a landmine with a sword :grin:
As much as I dislike Chrom as a character, I'd love to see him wale on his daughter and best friend.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I need music....

Weren't the Nintendogs and Mega Man pieces updated later?

Please Sakurai...

The music is my favorite part of the series...

Please....

Last edited:

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
YOU KNOW WHAT
at this point, Ive withheld my GIF so long, Im half expecting someone in the ESRB to leak it and ruin the surprise and to see it up on reedit tomorrow.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well I suppose his phrasing doesn't entirely kill my idea that other party members will appear in Shulk's Final Smash.

And I'm with you Swamp, I would love some music updates today.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I need music....

Weren't the Nintendogs and Mega Man pieces updated later?

Please Sakurai...

The music is my favorite part of the series...

Please....
Yea, where's the Kid Icarus music!? And I mean remixes of it. Heck, even a Bowser theme remix would be okay, or even a remix of Colress's theme (I think that's the spelling) would be amazing.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Sakurai forgot the part in the pic of the day where if you are using Riki as an assist trophy, Alphonso appears in Shulk's Final Smash. "Leave it to Me!"
I assume Alfonzo is staring angrily at Riki in the PoTD.
"How dare he not leave it to me!"

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Soooooo.... Does that mean no music then?
*kicks over trash can*
Man, **** this ****! Just when I think there's a pattern going they gonna go and mess it up! You making me look bad!

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
The great heropon riki is a great choice for my birthday.

Nice details on how assist trophies are going to be handled and it's good to know Riki has many abilities. <3

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
You know, this kind of makes me wish Ness' partners all popped up for his final smash.

That would actually make a ton of sense, Poo pulls of the Star Storm, Jeff fires out rockets, Paula does Ike's final smash but with a frying pan uses a wide range PK attack across the ground, and Ness finishes with PK Rockin.

Great, now I want that to happen.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I think we're done for reveals considering we have the starting roster shown.

Going to be odd unlocking Wario instead of Luigi this time around.

But Luigi has spent enough time in the shadows, he deserves to be a starter :).
They all do. Unlocking characters in fighting games is an outdated notion, and it honestly bugs me that Smash is seemingly still doing it.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
They all do. Unlocking characters in fighting games is an outdated notion, and it honestly bugs me that Smash is seemingly still doing it.
Agreed to a degree. I enjoy unlocking stuff, and the rush I got in Melee of seeing a new fighter was incredible. But... well, Smash has a ton and a half of unlockables anyway, and honestly, knowing the roster ahead of time takes away any real excitement that might've come from unlocking them.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Well the trend in fighting games today is having to pay to get the characters so I'd rather unlock them.

LunarDistortion

Lord of the Nigelchu's
NNID
Lunar_Distortion
3DS FC
4639-9294-0127
Switch FC
SW-4041-3028-0448
Ehh, close enough. It's still Xenoblade-related.

NNID
TheSir24
3DS FC
2191-8079-5484
So, Assist Trophies that can also do something else in the game. That's interesting.

Also, Sakurai finally confirmed Tingle. We already knew he was in, but he wasn't officially confirmed. I hope we get more music today, too.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's a crime Shulk gets to be a character while Tingle is still and assist trophy

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Riki will be some turncoat then. Helping Shulk in his final smash and then attacking him the next second.

It is interesting that Sakurai doesn't have any problem with this though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom