• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Oh sweet. That'll be a fun read when its done :3

I'd be down as well. He's one of my secondaries who I've used for months now (even before the first buff) and I bring him out in tournament every so often, and do pretty well XD

Or are you only lookin for people who main him? XP

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Take the best Mii Swordfighters, get impressions on the character, front page article. I Know Nyani will be down, I need at least two more people~

I think you might want to check with Antonykun and maybe San as well (since they know a fair deal about the character). I'd volunteer, but I'm not an "expert" so to speak.

Also, when did you become an admin?

Last edited:

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
well i would volunteer but i only ever done one janky tournament soo

Ikenna

Smash Apprentice
NNID
IkennaSmash
I know it's been a while guys... But it's time... Mii Swordfighter character experts guide... Let's DO THIS!
Glad you remembered Mii Sword Fighter since that Zelda article you posted!

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Really hoping to meet some sword buddies at glitch...especially now since I'm only competing in doubles and my teammate has recently switched to "tentative" status :p

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
I'm interested in discussing that article about Mii Swordfighter LiteralGrill LiteralGrill was talking about. For actual matches I can always use some practice. I still go to Anthers Ladder with the character every day and usually get a 2-3 win streak before losing. Despite my lacking of practical skills, I've analysed this character to death since the game came out. If you need Swordfighter theory, I'm down. It's also why I wrote the guide on the character; I had to dump that info somewhere. Of course I'll only participate in that discussion if everyone is okay with that.

Today's Anther notes: 1: Shortest/Thinnest mii with 2332 bodies Wii Fit trainer hard. I don't really get why, but it happened. 2: If you camp out Sonic by using Chakram and SoL on Spindash grounded and Fair/Hero's Spin OoS aerial approaches, he can't do much to you. All he can try is pivot grab mixups, so read those. He also can't challenge Dair very well. 3: Bayonetta bodies Sword hard. Witch Time is too gud. Maybe I just need more MU practice.
(Hmm, I need to save these for the MU discussion thread...)

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
How about you ask Chompy? Also, when you are going to post that Swordfighter 1111 guide?

Last edited:

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Speaking of discords, do we have a mii swordfighter discord? I've been having a lot of fun with the custom discord but wanna hang out with people who actually play who I play. I can make it quick :)

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Mii rulesets for G3 are being discussed with Bear and D1. We have a very small shot for Miis unless a LARGE push for them. Those two both are kinda anti-mii in every way. :(

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
Mii rulesets for G3 are being discussed with Bear and D1. We have a very small shot for Miis unless a LARGE push for them. Those two both are kinda anti-mii in every way. :(
Hmm.. All Mii mains, gather and stalk their Twitter or any other social media to hopefully make Mii's legal, preferably with movesets that actually aren't stupid like 1111. If we need a push, let's push.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
You hear so much about Miis from the whiny players who "want to use them" and that is really frustrating to some people in the community.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Guys before we go about doing things on Twitter, don't go full idiot like last time and personally insult players, we don't want to lessen our chances even more.

I made a post on the subreddit about this too which you can here find https://www.reddit.com/r/MiiFighter.../d1_is_to_be_consulted_about_the_evo_ruleset/

Take the best Mii Swordfighters, get impressions on the character, front page article. I Know Nyani will be down, I need at least two more people~
EDIT: Also I just saw this now. Hit me up on Twitter or join the Mii Fighter Discord, contact me there for this stuff, I'd be down.

Last edited:

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
Don't hyperventilate or anything, but I'm chatting with Bear on Miis. Maybe we got a shot. He's asking good questions and being pretty fair.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
What other people have done for legality, how Miis generally work in tournament, the general stuff everybody discusses over these things.

LiteralGrill

Smokin' Hot~
MII MAINS LISTEN UP! I want to have a "Mii Week". With rulesets at Evo 016 being decided, now is the time for all who play Miis to have their voices heard before just a major decision. So I want to make a "Character Experts" article on EACH Mii. You don't have to be a super expert or won a ton of tournaments or something to participate, even long time Mii players are eligible. Just DM me the answers to these questions for every Mii you play by MONDAY NIGHT so I have enough time to write articles. GET ON IT MIIS!

What are your biggest achievements with Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]? Why should folks consider you a 'Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] Expert'?

What interested you in playing Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

What Mii Moveset Do You Use? (1-1-2-2. 3-3-2-2, ect.)

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest weaknesses?

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest strengths?

What are their worst and best matchups among the 'top tiers'?

Is Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] viable on a national level?

Advice for anyone interested in Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

How do you feel about “MiiGality”? Would rather see Miis outright banned over just being at 1-1-1-1?

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
MII MAINS LISTEN UP! I want to have a "Mii Week". With rulesets at Evo 016 being decided, now is the time for all who play Miis to have their voices heard before just a major decision. So I want to make a "Character Experts" article on EACH Mii. You don't have to be a super expert or won a ton of tournaments or something to participate, even long time Mii players are eligible. Just DM me the answers to these questions for every Mii you play by MONDAY NIGHT so I have enough time to write articles. GET ON IT MIIS!

What are your biggest achievements with Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]? Why should folks consider you a 'Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] Expert'?

What interested you in playing Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

What Mii Moveset Do You Use? (1-1-2-2. 3-3-2-2, ect.)

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest weaknesses?

What are Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]'s biggest strengths?

What are their worst and best matchups among the 'top tiers'?

Is Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner] viable on a national level?

Advice for anyone interested in Mii [Swordfighter/Brawler/Gunner]?

How do you feel about “MiiGality”? Would rather see Miis outright banned over just being at 1-1-1-1?
I'm not sure what DM means, so I'm just going to answer this here if that's okay.

1. Technically I have no big achievements with Mii swordfighter in tourneys or matches. What I do excel at is experimentation and theory with the character. I've been messing around with him since day 1 of smash 4. It is also around this time I came on smashboards just to share what I found. At the time, the Mii swordfighter info was almost nothing. There was nothing which gave you a good impression of the character. That's why I decided to write a guide for the character. This guide is still the only listed guide on Mii Swordfighter to date and I have updated it as the game was changing with the patches.
    I don't know if you've seen it, but reviews have been highly positive and to me it seems everyone agrees I know a lot about the character.

2. On day one of smash 4, I was looking for a character to main. I first tried all the new characters, including the Miis. Of those, Mii swordfighter was the character that just clicked with my playstyle. I wanted a versatile character that could both combo well and zone out, but wasn't difficult to play and wasn't Sheik. I played Sheik that day and never played her since, I really hated the way that character played.
    Thus I began finding out whatever I could about Mii Swordfighter.

3. Generally I like to switch between two movesets depending on MU: 2332 and 1331. The first has a better zoning game and wins zoning wars with ease. The second is an agressive set against physical oriented opponents. It's only a set I tend to use less these days, so my main set is 2332 easily.

4. Mii swordfighter suffers against fast characters with a big combo game, because he doesn't have a very fast move to get out of those combo's, at least none that actually work for that. It's not like he has horrible frame data, but it's not something to brag about. So if he gets combo'd, he has a very hard time.

5. That depends on the size. If you have 0/0 size like I have been recommending lately, his biggest strength is his ability to rack up damage quickly in a simple way and scoring a kill confirm around 90% all with Uair, his best move. If you have a taller mii, then spacing and fishing for the kill is what he does best. Taller Miis rely on the surprise factor they get from the range boost, whereas 0/0 is as honest and reliable as you can get.

6. I'm assuming the top tiers are defined by the recent official tier list with the B, A and S tier. Of those characters Sheik, Pikachu, Mario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight and Cloud don't look very favourable to me. I could go into detail, but the main thing here is that all of these have a very strong combo game or in Cloud's case, higher priority + ridiculous power. He's the least bad of the ones I mentioned though.

7. I'd say yes, but barely. There are a lot of bad MU's up there, but the specials are key in shutting down most of these character's strategies. So having the right moveset against the right character would make that consistent, but that's not really fair. If you were to take 2331 though, you should be fine overall. It's not always the most optimal, but definitely something I can see working well. SoL and Chakram can outcamp a lot of these characters, so if you can keep them out and then get one read at the right percent, you win.

8. Know what you're getting into. The most important thing about a main and especially Mii Swordfighter is that you have to like to play the character. Beyond that, this character has a low learning curve to execute what he can do, but knowledge about every MU is very important, so study up! If you're willing to play a character that is currently under heavy bias, that will be enough for you to show them why this is a great character.

9. The last thing I want is to see this character banned, but to Mii swordfighter 1111 is just an insult, perhaps worse than being banned. The reason is because two of those specials are the worst he has and they also happen to be the recovery and side B, the most important specials. Making mii swordfighter play 1111 will just reinforce the ungrounded bias that this is a bad character, but the people who are against ''Miigality'', are the people who haven't even bothered looking at the other specials and trying out the character, especially since patch 1.1.0. where Chakram got buffed big time.
    People aren't really giving this character a chance to shine and thus there is hardly any representation for the character. We, as the Mii community, are constantly working hard to fix this and come with an answer to what our characters' best setup is for them to be a part of the main smash scene. Once there is a standard that everyone will accept, then we can finally just play with everyone else.
That's about it. I hope it's helpful.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
I'm not sure what DM means, so I'm just going to answer this here if that's okay.

1. Technically I have no big achievements with Mii swordfighter in tourneys or matches. What I do excel at is experimentation and theory with the character. I've been messing around with him since day 1 of smash 4. It is also around this time I came on smashboards just to share what I found. At the time, the Mii swordfighter info was almost nothing. There was nothing which gave you a good impression of the character. That's why I decided to write a guide for the character. This guide is still the only listed guide on Mii Swordfighter to date and I have updated it as the game was changing with the patches.
    I don't know if you've seen it, but reviews have been highly positive and to me it seems everyone agrees I know a lot about the character.

2. On day one of smash 4, I was looking for a character to main. I first tried all the new characters, including the Miis. Of those, Mii swordfighter was the character that just clicked with my playstyle. I wanted a versatile character that could both combo well and zone out, but wasn't difficult to play and wasn't Sheik. I played Sheik that day and never played her since, I really hated the way that character played.
    Thus I began finding out whatever I could about Mii Swordfighter.

3. Generally I like to switch between two movesets depending on MU: 2332 and 1331. The first has a better zoning game and wins zoning wars with ease. The second is an agressive set against physical oriented opponents. It's only a set I tend to use less these days, so my main set is 2332 easily.

4. Mii swordfighter suffers against fast characters with a big combo game, because he doesn't have a very fast move to get out of those combo's, at least none that actually work for that. It's not like he has horrible frame data, but it's not something to brag about. So if he gets combo'd, he has a very hard time.

5. That depends on the size. If you have 0/0 size like I have been recommending lately, his biggest strength is his ability to rack up damage quickly in a simple way and scoring a kill confirm around 90% all with Uair, his best move. If you have a taller mii, then spacing and fishing for the kill is what he does best. Taller Miis rely on the surprise factor they get from the range boost, whereas 0/0 is as honest and reliable as you can get.

6. I'm assuming the top tiers are defined by the recent official tier list with the B, A and S tier. Of those characters Sheik, Pikachu, Mario, Diddy Kong, Meta Knight and Cloud don't look very favourable to me. I could go into detail, but the main thing here is that all of these have a very strong combo game or in Cloud's case, higher priority + ridiculous power. He's the least bad of the ones I mentioned though.

7. I'd say yes, but barely. There are a lot of bad MU's up there, but the specials are key in shutting down most of these character's strategies. So having the right moveset against the right character would make that consistent, but that's not really fair. If you were to take 2331 though, you should be fine overall. It's not always the most optimal, but definitely something I can see working well. SoL and Chakram can outcamp a lot of these characters, so if you can keep them out and then get one read at the right percent, you win.

8. Know what you're getting into. The most important thing about a main and especially Mii Swordfighter is that you have to like to play the character. Beyond that, this character has a low learning curve to execute what he can do, but knowledge about every MU is very important, so study up! If you're willing to play a character that is currently under heavy bias, that will be enough for you to show them why this is a great character.

9. The last thing I want is to see this character banned, but to Mii swordfighter 1111 is just an insult, perhaps worse than being banned. The reason is because two of those specials are the worst he has and they also happen to be the recovery and side B, the most important specials. Making mii swordfighter play 1111 will just reinforce the ungrounded bias that this is a bad character, but the people who are against ''Miigality'', are the people who haven't even bothered looking at the other specials and trying out the character, especially since patch 1.1.0. where Chakram got buffed big time.
    People aren't really giving this character a chance to shine and thus there is hardly any representation for the character. We, as the Mii community, are constantly working hard to fix this and come with an answer to what our characters' best setup is for them to be a part of the main smash scene. Once there is a standard that everyone will accept, then we can finally just play with everyone else.
That's about it. I hope it's helpful.
he probably meant PM unless DM means something like Discord Message

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Alrighty then LiteralGrill LiteralGrill , I guess I could do a few answers on :4miigun:

It's kind of hard for me to answer this one since I haven't done that much aside from testing things out on gunner. As far as being considered a gunner "expert" goes, I put a large amount of time into the ins and outs of the character from varying mii sizes to special move combinations.

I wanted to pick up one of the three mii classes since they were announced. I chose gunner because I kept finding and learning a bunch of interesting little tricks and setups that I couldn't really do with brawler or swordfighter.

The set I use most often is 3312, which consists of:
  • grenade launch (neutral special 3)
  • gunner missile (side special 3)
  • lunar launch (up special 1)
  • bomb drop (down special 2)

Gunner's main flaw is netting kills reliably. While the mii has plenty of moves that can kill at higher percents, they require a read to land and aren't easily set up.

Gunner's strengths are widely dependant on the mii's size. 25/0 and 0/0 sized gunner (sliders in the mii maker set to height at 1/4 and weight to the minimum. 0/0 is set tonthe minimum for both) is fairly quick, agile, and a much smaller target while giving up some range. Being a long-ranged fighter, gunner's biggest asset (aside from being a different size) is its projectile game. You can use them to tack on damage, cover your approaches, cover landings, apply pressure and make it difficult for opponents to approach.

IMO, gunner's worst possible MUs among the top/high-ranked characters are Rosalina, Fox, and Mario. The former is an uphill battle because you can't rely on projectiles too much against Rosa. The latter two can reflect projectiles and rush gunner down fairly well. I don't think there's anyone in the top/high tiers that gunner straight up beats, but they become manageable with smaller sizes. The main MU that sticks out to me for gunner is Villager. The gunner-villager MU is probably my favorite MU in the game because of the projectile chaos that ensues.

On the conditions of having any size/moveset combinaton, I think gunner is viable at the national level. Gunner's viability takes a hit if stuck in guest size, since MUs against the top tiers become more uphill.

The main thing I can reccommend when getting into gunner (or any of the miis) is that gunner definitely takes some time and experimentation to get used to. The only other thing I can say is to watch videos and check around the gunner boards.

Miigality is a toss-up for me. I don't want them to be stuck with 1111 for sm4sh's entire life since that takes away from why I like playing gunner, and I don't want them banned since there's not really a good reason to ban them. Part of the reason they almost never get played in tournaments much is because they're either stuck in 1111 or banned.

Like, I don't see the issue in leaving them alone with their other moves and waiting to see is they actually do something that warrants a ban/restriction.

ZarroTsu

Smash Journeyman
Some players might have trouble seeing the difference between one set of fighting moves and another, and will lose the match. If they are unlucky, they might lose the entire set.

Did you know money is involved? We cannot let these players lose. Did you know they had to pay money to enter the tournament? It is enough to make anyone feel bad about losing against something that they did not want to know about.

If too many people feel bad about losing, or get tired watching people lose, Smash 4 will die. We should just keep things as they are: sterile and easy to understand.

While you are at it, please do not use the character "Villager" to camp, or the character "Olimar" at all. Nobody likes losing against characters with different play styles. Thank you.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Some players might have trouble seeing the difference between one set of fighting moves and another, and will lose the match. If they are unlucky, they might lose the entire set.

Did you know money is involved? We cannot let these players lose. Did you know they had to pay money to enter the tournament? It is enough to make anyone feel bad about losing against something that they did not want to know about.

If too many people feel bad about losing, or get tired watching people lose, Smash 4 will die. We should just keep things as they are: sterile and easy to understand.

While you are at it, please do not use the character "Villager" to camp, or the character "Olimar" at all. Nobody likes losing against characters with different play styles. Thank you.
Lolling at this. I wonder if Melee came out today whether people would try to ban wave dashing because it's "cheap".

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Prob not gonna be able to make it to glitch. My doubles partner's not gonna be able to make it and that's all I signed up for. Looking for a last minute replacement but chances seem slim :(

Right now though I'm still put in for the day off if anyone wants to hang out and do sword fighter stuff

Last edited:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
Prob not gonna be able to make it to glitch. My doubles partner's not gonna be able to make it and that's all I signed up for. Looking for a last minute replacement but chances seem slim :(

Right now though I'm still put in for the day off if anyone wants to hang out and do sword fighter stuff
I'm Dutch, so Baltimore is too far away for me. I am, however, looking for someone that can test some swordfighter data with me. First I'd like to confirm or bust some of the percents for 0/0 kill confirms. I already tried it out myself, so I already have a good idea when it should work. I'm also going to test this with 25/0 to see if there's any difference. It would also help if we could define the exact range boost you get for being taller. I have only managed to estimate it, but not accurately measure it on every move.
This is all to get a better understanding of what the optimal size can be and what is acceptable to compromise in.
If you're up for it, I can be online in the afternoon (13:00 CEST to 17:30 CEST) all week except friday and saturday.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Prob not gonna be able to because of work this week but I'll be happy to help in any way I can. Glitch wasn't until March 12th anyway I just missed the registration deadline for teams.

Edit: And now I am going to glitch again. Found a last minute replacement.

Last edited:
Top Bottom