• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Mii Swordfighter Social: Guide Hype

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
I'm dipping into an ant sized mii swordsman for fun. tornado, chakram,herospin , and reversal. I'm not using tornado much so i might switch it. thought i'd say hello.

Unknownkid

Smash Lord
Welcome divade. 1332 is popular. Sorry, I am not in the right mood due to the evo thing and video/stuff. Please enjoy your stay and if you have any questions, we will do our best to assist.

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Speaking of tornado, what reasons are there to use it over the other two? Since it's just so slow I've found the Shuriken to be superior in all aspects.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
Thanks for the welcome Unknown, I stayed up too late, I didn't think I'd get hooked on a mii fighter overnight (literally). I'm loving the aerial feel of this quick lil Majora/link. biggest thing to get used to is not jabbing through (and instead grabbing or Uspecial), and not using the slow side -tilt. It's smash worthy honestly. I found use in tornado for returning to stage (since it stalls you it's better than chakram), and on the edges since it falls. Dthrow uair is the best chance at a kill throw yeah?

edit: Does the Shurikun's frame one help stop combos much? haven't used it yet.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Speaking of tornado, what reasons are there to use it over the other two? Since it's just so slow I've found the Shuriken to be superior in all aspects.
Tornando has a tall hitbox, is a multihit and changes to a windbox at the end, better for gimping recoveries and controlling space but not as good for tacking on damage/putting on pressure (as shuriken is a lot faster and does up to 8% at max reach)

edit: Does the Shurikun's frame one help stop combos much? haven't used it yet.
In retrospect it's probably not as useful as once thought, it does like 1% at close range anyways :S

Last edited:

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
Tornando has a tall hitbox, is a multihit and changes to a windbox at the end, better for gimping recoveries and controlling space but not as good for tacking on damage/putting on pressure (as shuriken is a lot faster and does up to 8% at max reach)

In retrospect it's probably not as useful as once thought, it does like 1% at close range anyways :S
One note I'd like to add, is that SoL does 10% at absolute max range. It's difficult to get unless you know the spacing. It was buffed once to that percent. How is the video going, by the way? I'd love to see it. Even though it was announced today that EVO will be running 1111...

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
One note I'd like to add, is that SoL does 10% at absolute max range. It's difficult to get unless you know the spacing. It was buffed once to that percent. How is the video going, by the way? I'd love to see it. Even though it was announced today that EVO will be running 1111...
EVO is doing 1111? damn I'm sorry to hear that for you guys.
I was wondering about combo breakers, like to stop a jab combo or multi fairs since it's fast.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
Shuriken of light is a mostly inferior chakram
Blurring blade is booty

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Video is going great, script writing is partway through

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
So about that petition. when it says set, does it define it as the set of 2/3, or during the whole tourney. I would be for one made mii that the character uses for the tourney i think, but I'd need some more thought.

My Ideal preference I think is that mii users want their specific setting, while mii opponents want a constant opponent, so a single of each fighter should be made including the weight, size and custom adjustment. (perhaps have one extra, since clones could defend that argument, but would add a total 6 tourney characters.)

Edit: also, is there any origin story of why 1111 became the moves they were? or was it arbitrary on which came first?

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Signed. Here's hoping for the best!

On another note, is there a Mii Swordfighter Discord? I thought it was mentioned but I forgot where it is.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
GimR just released a #FriiTheMiis video. it's really good and he's really influential. Here's hoping the trend can start at Xanadu and make its way to bigger places.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Glitch was fun, I actually won a set in Doubles, which I definitely wasn't expecting :D

Prob the highlight though, was watching the custom tourney when this guy broke out a Jay Leno mii brawler and was dominating.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
It has been a while but I'm back. Lol

I've been playing around with swordfighter recently and decided to main him. I'm going to use him at this weeks local. Hopefully, I get some results to add to our boards.

DigitalAtom6

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DigitalAtom6
3DS FC
1864-9481-4247
It has been a while but I'm back. Lol

I've been playing around with swordfighter recently and decided to main him. I'm going to use him at this weeks local. Hopefully, I get some results to add to our boards.
That's great to hear! If you need any info on the character, the mii sword board has it all.

Antonykun

Hero of Many Faces
3DS FC
1049-0472-0051
That reminds me i need to go make that anti luma guide

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Finished my last paper for the week, probably bungled it but I don't care since it's a rough draft.

divade

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Divade011
What's everyones preferred Mii swordsman size? I picked him up from the super tiny size/weight, due to his aerial mobility and speed.

Routa

Smash Lord
What's everyones preferred Mii swordsman size? I picked him up from the super tiny size/weight, due to his aerial mobility and speed.
I personally prefer 50:0 and 0:0 sizes. 50:0 is my way to go due to its good range and ok mobility. Also switching from 50:0 to 50:50 isn't that drastic. Sometimes I use 0:0 for **** and giggles. The mobility of this "thing" is insane. But yeah I like 50:0. It is good size combination for edgeguarding. And I sure love to go off-stage.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
My go to size is 0:100 because I like giving Clarence and Mabel Pines swords that are almost as big as them.

I use other sizes too like 25:0 when Evo customs were a thing and whatever short size (close to 0:0 but not 100% sure) my Frodo mii is. As long as you're familiar with 50:50 too you'll be ok because that's mainly what they'll make you use in tourneys.

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Just got back from the tourney, got 1st.

To be fair, my opponents weren't as difficult as the ones I've fought back home. But nevertheless, they did put up a fight. I also didn't lose a set so I never dropped to losers.

Pools

:4wiifit: (me) vs :4ness::4lucas:

:4wiifit:(me) vs :4sheik:

:4miisword:(me) vs :4fox:

Winners

:4villager: (me) vs :4falcon::4mario:

:4miisword: :4miibrawl:(me) vs :4bayonetta:

:4zelda: (me) vs :4cloud:

Grand Finals

:4zelda::4falco: (me) vs :4sheik::4olimar:

:4miisword: (me) vs :4fox: - This was a rematch (money match)

:4pacman: :4luigi:(me) vs :4corrinf:- I lost with Pacman then switched to Luigi

:4zelda: (me) vs :4zelda: - Money match

:4shulk:(me) vs :4tlink: - I lost this one

:4bayonetta: (me) vs :4pikachu:- This was hype

Let me know if you guys are interested with my doubles results.

Last edited:

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
Just got back from the tourney, got 1st.

To be fair, my opponents weren't as difficult as the ones I've fought back home. But nevertheless, they did put up a fight. I also didn't lose a set so I never dropped to losers.

Pools

:4wiifit: (me) vs :4ness::4lucas:

:4wiifit:(me) vs :4sheik:

:4miisword:(me) vs :4fox:

Winners

:4villager: (me) vs :4falcon::4mario:

:4miisword: :4miibrawl:(me) vs :4bayonetta:

:4zelda: (me) vs :4cloud:

Grand Finals

:4zelda::4falco: (me) vs :4sheik::4olimar:

:4miisword: (me) vs :4fox: - This was a rematch (money match)

:4pacman: :4luigi:(me) vs :4corrinf:- I lost with Pacman then switched to Luigi

:4zelda: (me) vs :4zelda: - Money match

:4shulk:(me) vs :4tlink: - I lost this one

:4bayonetta: (me) vs :4pikachu:- This was hype

Let me know if you guys are interested with my doubles results.
Good stuff, would be great to see doubles results.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
I got to winner's bracket and played on stream for the first time at Xanadu last night!!! :D

Unfortunately didn't get to play Swordie, only Brawler (1132 - my own Goku mii and a guest Mii I named "DJ Tanner") and Dark Pit. Also I got totally destroyed by Logic on stream because I don't know the Olimar matchup to save my life. But i had a great time :)

HermitHelmet

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hermit_Helmet1
I got to winner's bracket and played on stream for the first time at Xanadu last night!!! :D

Unfortunately didn't get to play Swordie, only Brawler (1132 - my own Goku mii and a guest Mii I named "DJ Tanner") and Dark Pit. Also I got totally destroyed by Logic on stream because I don't know the Olimar matchup to save my life. But i had a great time :)
Yo man, link us the set and I should do some kind of Match Analysis

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Right now, I'm working on a Romeo and Juliet project with 3 friends. We're doing the brawl scene, where Tybalt, Mercutio, and Romeo fight, so I had a stupid idea that we could use Mii Swordfighters in Smash Bros. so we don't have to make swords.

Matt11111

Semi-Casual Modest Scrub
NNID
Mat11111
Oh, we're not using that plan. But you know what? We could just do that for fun.

Top Bottom