• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner VIDEOS

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
Another for you guys, Kodystri at it again with some new movement techs with fair.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
More Mii Gunner rep:

Dr. Mario vs Mii Gunner:

More gunner videos on the way as well. :)
Post your vids too! I wanna see more Mii Gunner!

Last edited:

san.

1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
NNID
Sansoldier
3DS FC
4957-2846-2924
Decent, that player still has much to learn, even with fundamentals. A lot could just be wifi.

Here's a match I played recently offline:

Use the grenades to cover yourself in or slightly behind the grenade. If the enemy has a reflector, bait it out and punish.

Last edited:

dbwithlemon

Smash Apprentice
Decent, that player still has much to learn, even with fundamentals. A lot could just be wifi.

Here's a match I played recently offline:

Use the grenades to cover yourself in or slightly behind the grenade. If the enemy has a reflector, bait it out and punish.
Very impressive.

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
Noo.... Cobbs Y U Put my early Mii Gunner videos? D: Anyways, I have gotten so much better with Mii Gunner. I am beating good players with Gunner now.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Ohh I'm terribly sorry I didn't even know this existed guess I'll put my video here. Someone should sticky this thread so others don't make the same mistake as me.

@HoodedAltair and I are doing a Mii related collaboration next and I plan on doing more Gunner videos in the future experimenting with the different sets.

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I'll just stick to watching videos from Mik and San only. Love seeing their Mii Gunners. Other Mii Gunners just aren't fun to watch. No offense, but those 2 just have very fluid movement and great spacing and good timing on attacks.

Last edited:

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I'll just stick to watching videos from Mik and San only. Love seeing their Mii Gunners. Other Mii Gunners just aren't fun to watch. No offense, but those 2 just have very fluid movement and great spacing and good timing on attacks.
Dreams = Crushed.

:(

Could you give some video examples of San? I've yet to see him play.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Dreams = Crushed.

:(

Could you give some video examples of San? I've yet to see him play.

this one's more of a showcase on the 0/0 size than a serious match

Last edited:

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
I decided to upload a match to see if anyone can give me any tips on where to improve.

You were doing good.

I'd say to use other moves besides front smash when you punish an opponent. You don't want to stale or overuse one of your few kill moves. Fair is good, but experienced opponents will always power shield through them and give you a very hard time.

The thing is the opponent was making many questionable things the whole match. He was approaching with dash attacks at times? Why? He also wasn't really power shielding your fairs at all. He would stay a distance away and get barraged by your zoning. This Diddy either doesn't know the Gunner MU match up at all or he really needs to go back to the lab and practice power shielding and better ways to approach and pressure with Diddy. Diddy and rush down characters always have to power shield and be in Mii Gunners face at all times. This Diddy wasn't really doing either to be honest. I'd say find better opponents who know what their doing or help this Diddy out with his mistakes so he can improve himself as a player.

KayJay

Smash Ace
NNID
KayJay84
3DS FC
1848-1677-7521

Mii Gunner is officially one of my secondarys.

I really hope Samus gets the same Missile buffs Mii Gunner got.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
I did another thing guys. I wanna know your opinions on the Gunner this patch as well.

AfroGamerNinja

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FluffyWarlock
So, this is me, playing as a Mii gunner made using the Mii of one of my friends, against this very friend, who plays Ike.

Teshie U

Smash Lord
My region is default only 1111. Any tips would be welcomed. I dont use Mii Gunner much in tournament, I dislike his poor anti air. Everything is so horizontal.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh I guess I never posted this. It's nothing special I was just playing a friend but I've been wanting to share something :U
Wow! The Losers Finals were intense! Was that 50/50? Had to tell with the armor haha.

Ridel

Smash Ace
NNID
Lowly_RiDEL
Switch FC
SW-3730-9751-0132
Nice video, but you said no one has gotten top 30 anywhere with Mii Gunner? I did use both Wii Fit Trainer and Mii Gunner to get Top 32 at EVO.
Totally forgot about you man. I was much more aware of your WFT placing top 32 and didn't know you played Gunner as well.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
Totally forgot about you man. I was much more aware of your WFT placing top 32 and didn't know you played Gunner as well.
No problem dude. I used both Wii Fit and Gunner to get that placing, but for some reason they never listed Mii Gunner for me. Everyone else got their secondaries on there, except for me :(

moofpi

Smash Journeyman
NNID
moofpi
3DS FC
0473-8866-3506

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-As you may know, i went to a tournament this past weekend where Mk-Leo and Hyuga played and got 5th place
https://smash.gg/tournament/hail-smash-iii/brackets/13042/38812/129988

My matches are up there on moofpi moofpi post, thanks for posting them dude, haha, i also beated the best bowser of my country but the set wasn't recorded, i believe i could've got a better place but i made a lot of mistakes, which i'll work on them.

I have another match that i had 2 weeks ago:

I'll try to improve, to be a better gunner and get better results...-

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Flameleon Flameleon Hey! Are you going on the trip to Socal this weekend?
I had asked him that in another thread, but sadly he's not able to.
Unfortunately, i won't be able to go to 2gg Mexico saga, since i don't have my Visa yet, i hope to get it at the end of the year and be able to attend EVO the next year, if i can, i will try to go to Texas, since it's the nearest place i can go on my zone.
And it would really suck if he could because I am unable to attend it too lol.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Hey dudes, what's up, i'm here just to post a match against the world's best mr. g&w, Regi, we got to play 2 weekends ago, in this matchup, i believe we have the upper hand but you can't get grabbed, like vs Ice climbers on past games haha:

This is also another good match, since i want the gunner to be the best camper in the game, we have to beat every camper to accomplish that:

Ignore the first match, i was kinda having fun with charizard haha and well, there are some other matches that i got that day on that channel, so check them out.

And that's it, keep training dudes, see you around...-

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Thanks for sharing! The Villager and Diddy matches were probably my favorite to watch, I never thought about Z-Dropping to Fair before looks super annoyingly useful lol.

And the spike kill too good. I miss tournaments, I haven't been to one for a month. I got online stuff if anyone cares to see that :U

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
^ Z-drop gundash is obnoxious to get down, but it'll help in the long run of playing keepaway if you get a banana/metal blade/gyro/etc. because gunner is slooooooooow.

Not gonna lie, I seriously WTF'd at that spike against villager since 1.) I rarely see anyone land that 1 frame spike and 2.) I rarely see villager get spiked/killed offstage like that. Oh, and I forgot flame pillar stage spike was a thing.

Interesting stuff. I should probably put gunner back in my rotation because I barely used it in tournaments for a while (used mostly mario/swordfighter)

SanAntonioSmasher

Smash Apprentice
Flameleon,

I enjoy watching your matches and have learned a few tricks, especially like your flame pillar usage.

I've noticed you don't use down tilt or up tilt nearly as much as I do. I like how both can kill at +130%, down tilt does great damage (14?), and uptilt is a good quick poke to prevent air approaches or juggle at low %s.

You seem to favor jab, upsmash, and downsmash in situations where I might have used downtilt or uptilt. I'm curious to hear your thoughts on these attacks.

Top Bottom