• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Gunner VIDEOS

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
- @SanAntonioSmasher Yeah, i've been working on ways to implement Dtilt and Utilt on my matches, i've been using Dtilt to contest air approaches, by outspacing their attacks and then use Dtilt to punish when they land, also rolling to Dtilt works fine when you can predict an attack. I have some trouble using Utilt, because i have tap jump on, without it, i tend to hit the stick up too fast and accidently use Usmash instead Utilt, i have to work harder to master it but yeah, both moves are great for % and Aairing situations and since close combat is so important to master for mii gunner, you have to know how to use them properly...-

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Yeah I've used standard controls for awhile but recently swapped to Tilt-Stick / Tap jump off.

I think it helps a lot.

Flameleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Valthiel_Malus
-Tilts on CStick are ok, the problem is, gunner can't really combo with tilts, having Tilts on Cstick is kinda useless for this, other characters like Fox can abuse this and works with them pretty fine, we can only do little gimmicks like perfectpivots Utilts and Dtilts, the problem is, when the enemy is at kill %, sometimes you perfect shield an attack and in that time, you need to be as fast as you can to punish, and by having tilts on Cstick, you'll lose those frames of advantage by doing a Cstick Smash instead of manual and that can be the difference between victory or defeat.

Also, when you have Tilts on Cstick, when you're doing Fairs with the Cstick, you have to press right or left correctly or else, a Nair will go out if you don't angle it perfectly, but yeah, some people can adapt to this, there's a video showing pros and cons of using each config, but i think that the pros can't apply to mii gunner that well like on the other characters...-

Last edited:

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
An issue I had a lot was spamming Smashes, the Tilt-Stick helped me a lot to avoid that lol. I'm also bad inputting tilts because I smash the stick sometimes too haha.

The ability to not worry about losing momentum with Smash-Stick is nice for Fair movement too.

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
Here's some Wii Twerk Trainer gunner play. Pretty cool stuff.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
Here is a quick example of comboing Flame Pillar into Charge Shot at the ledge, in case anyone has never seen it work.

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
Oh so I never noticed I haven't posted the vods of me always losing here lol
So I may as well do so. These span throughout the year and my play is far from perfect because I'm definitely not patient, but I hope they don't hurt to watch lol.

Djmarcus44

Smash Journeyman
This is a video that shows some of the combos Gunner gets from fair. It also shows some hitboxes for Gunner that doesn't match their animations. Although it is wrong about Gunner having no throw combos, and it underestimates the safety of close range fair, the video does show that fair to charge blast is a kill confirm.

Last edited:
Top Bottom