• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Fighter: Competitive Scene Implications

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I'm still upset about it, but I've pretty much accepted that Miis will be insta-banned since custom equipment, something pretty universally agreed is gone day-one, is tied to them.

'Tis a damn shame... I really wanted to play as them...

Last edited:

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Some interesting tidbits about Miis that could change some of your perceptions-

1. You can use Miis with Customizations off.
2. When you do so, they maintain their custom movesets but not stat changes.
3. The height difference is quite negligible. I made a tall Mii and he only reaches up to the center of Dark Pit's head. A rather short Mii reached up to his neck.
4. The strength difference is small too. My tall Mii did 21% with a smash attack. My small one did 19%.

I've been testing this in training mode just now. With some slight stat changes based on height and no stat changing equipment, the only real variable is the moveset... or basically just four moves. That could make the Miis much more realistic.

I wouldn't put much stock in no destiny hogwash in Miis being banned from online- that's probably just to avoid having to battle Hitlers all day. In real life tournamets, if someone wants to bring Hitler, then they'll have to suffer the consequences of doing so when people complain to tournament managers or the person.

(Huh, I can't get the right font size. Oh well... And a fun aside- I had my 3DS sitting next to me in training mode and somehow Dark Pit KO'd himself... and he's set to "Stand...")

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514

3. The height difference is quite negligible. I made a tall Mii and he only reaches up to the center of Dark Pit's head. A rather short Mii reached up to his neck.
4. The strength difference is small too. My tall Mii did 21% with a smash attack. My small one did 19%.

I've been testing this in training mode just now. With some slight stat changes based on height and no stat changing equipment, the only real variable is the moveset... or basically just four moves. That could make the Miis much more realistic.

I wouldn't put much stock in no destiny hogwash in Miis being banned from online- that's probably just to avoid having to battle Hitlers all day. In real life tournamets, if someone wants to bring Hitler, then they'll have to suffer the consequences of doing so when people complain to tournament managers or the person.

(Huh, I can't get the right font size. Oh well... And a fun aside- I had my 3DS sitting next to me in training mode and somehow Dark Pit KO'd himself... and he's set to "Stand...")
This is the best news I've ever heard when it comes to them.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
This is the best news I've ever heard when it comes to them.
Seriously, I'm excited. I thought that the stats did change when I tried it in Smash mode, but a quick run to training mode revealed that the numbers remain as the defaults when Customizations are turned off. My Jack (FF Type-0) Mii went from dealing 34 damage with a smash attack to only dealing 21 the moment I turned them off. While I personally like the stat changes, I do realize that they can be unbalanced. Being able to toggle them off and keep your own custom moves is an excellent feature for more controlled tournaments. Yeah, 4 of Mii's moves are unpredictable, but they don't break the game on their own. It's not like they get Shuttle Loop.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
I'm still upset about it, but I've pretty much accepted that Miis will be insta-banned since custom equipment, something pretty universally agreed is gone day-one, is tied to them.

'Tis a damn shame... I really wanted to play as them...
Eh? Do the different outfits affects stats?

I was under the impression that the outfits only affected appearance and there was separate equipment that affected stats.

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to customize your Mii's outfits for competitive play. The issue of size possibly won't matter if the difference is small enough, but more investigation is needed.

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Eh? Do the different outfits affects stats?

I was under the impression that the outfits only affected appearance and there was separate equipment that affected stats.

I see no reason why you wouldn't be able to customize your Mii's outfits for competitive play. The issue of size possibly won't matter if the difference is small enough, but more investigation is needed.
Outfits =/= equipment.

shogungari

Smash Apprentice

Finally. I've been looking high and low for information on size differences. Good to know I won't lose out on power by making my character as small as possible.

Generically Epic

Smash Ace
There is absolutely no reason why a basic Mii with no custom moves should be banned at tournaments. However, I think the tournament scene will be segregated between custom and non-custom. The 3DS has a much higher chance of allowing customization than the Wii at tournies.

Skyward

Smash Apprentice
I think Miis should be allowed at tourneys. I'm not entirely sure on how they work, but I think it would be fine to have them with custom movesets and ban stat boosts. I also think the logistic problems are a lot less of an issue as people say there are. Not everybody is going to have a Mii as a main, so I think there will be very few Miis entered in advance. There are QR codes that you can use to set up Mii appearances ahead of time (assuming no one is too bothered about outfits, but even then they may be able to quickly put them on at the event), and If any notable Mii players pop up, then tournaments can pretty much enter them by default. And even then if somebody decides last minute to use a Mii as a counter pick I think they can last with the default Mii. The only problem I can still see is that tournaments will have multiple consoles, but I think it can still work.

Then again I'm not a competitive player, I just watch these events so I may just be making stuff up here. I think it would be silly to just ignore Miis from the very start, so I hope at least some experimentation goes into them.

Folt

Smash Ace

If this is how Miis work, I myself would see no problem in allowing them in tournaments, seeing as how their custom moves appear to be balanced like everyone else's.

Jexulus

Omnivore of the Year
NNID
Jexulus
3DS FC
3883-5870-2795
Also, keep in mind that, as far as we know right now, there are only three possible weights for any of the Miis to be, depending on their size (I think it's 100, 102, and 104). Stat differences coming from different sizes are negligible, unless someone really wants to get into semantics about speed differences or something.

ancara22

Smash Apprentice
Also, keep in mind that, as far as we know right now, there are only three possible weights for any of the Miis to be, depending on their size (I think it's 100, 102, and 104). Stat differences coming from different sizes are negligible, unless someone really wants to get into semantics about speed differences or something.
It's good to know all of this, as well as other things about this.

We seriously need to make sure this info is easily available to those who basically are going to set in stone the rules of the tourny scene before they insta-ban Mii Fighters without giving them a chance at all, I am NOT kidding at all here. We need to be able to show not only there are not that many variables to worry about, for the most part, but also their custom moves are fairly balanced, and that they aren't that bad, and won't be OP. Last thing we need is people wanting them to NEVER be used, EVER in tournaments either because they don't like what they are period, or because they can't be assed to try them out or so forth, or other reasons.

The ONLY problem by now I could see happening now, other than people using the excuse of "BUT THEY AREN'T ALLOWED IN FOR GLORY MODE, SO THEY SHOULDN'T HERE" (and that's just silly), is time reasons for when the WiiU version comes out. Mainly with transferring Miis for the obvious between the two, and being set for those who play as one. And honestly, we'll need to see how things go with transfer shenanigans when we get more info on the WiiU version.

But for now, with all the facts here, unless people decide to ignore it all and still ban them out-right because of some other reason, or simply because they're still nuclear salty about Miis being allowed in Smash EVER, PERIOD, then I don't see there being any reason for Mii Fighters without obvious equipment, of all looks and outfits to come on down to the competitive scene and enjoy fun like any other character.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Have any tournaments even allowed them yet?

It seems that they are playable with customization off, but that only deactivates the stat-modifying equipment, and does not change the fact that their stats are affected by Mii size, nor does it prevent you from using custom specials. So the TO needs to ensure that Miis are at specific sizes because it seems like competitive players are obsessed with knowing "I can KO X character at Y%" so they need consistency even if the difference is minor.

Custom specials is not really a problem since you can easily double check that they're using the default specials before playing. If the tournament isn't allowing customs (have there been any that have allowed them yet? They are kind of a ***** to unlock so it takes a little while...).

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I used the Mii Fighter in a tournament yesterday, nobody really had a problem with it. If custom moves are allowed, Mii fighters should be allowed. If customs are not allowed, then its debatable whether or not they should be allowed to use customs or be forced to use default. Regardless, I don't think they should be banned at all.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
My take on the Brawler, and the Mii F'ighter's in general, is that they should allow the custom specials. The custom equipment is debatable. If they all cancel out each other and grant other bonus effects, then that's cool.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
As I've taken to maining the Mii Brawler, I have picked up some info based on how they play. Granted, it does feel like they could potentially receive the ban due to the unpredictability and the extent of the player's 'creativity' but from what I can see there isn't anything banworthy about them.

By comparison to all of the main cast, it appears that the Miis key advantage would be that versatility, allowing them to, for example, have a moveset reminiscent of Little Mac, but with a different, better recovery. Even then, the moves they have, with the exception of one or two, appear to be outdone by the very moves they aim to replicate, dealing less damage or missing the additional effects the original would have, and potentially hindering them at the same time (three of four of my Mii's custom moves put him into free fall after their use, hampering his aerial game)

It could be said that they would be permit into tournaments if given a designated default set for each Mii, but given that the Miis core purpose is to be highly versatile, it does rob the character of its purpose somewhat, and the argument can be made that since all the Miis moves are unlocked from the get-go, that they are all considered 'default'.

If unpredictability in the Mii's custom moves becomes a problem, then the custom moves can still be allowed if, during tournaments, the player would pick one Mii as the Mii they would use and not change the moveset. They would then tell their opponent what the moves are prior to the fight. In tournaments and competitive matches where custom moves are allowed, then this becomes a moot point. (This is a thing, I think, as I have seen a tournament match betweren a custom R.O.B and Duck Hunt.

Equipment I can see the value of banning. In one instance, I have a character who would deal 19% damage every time they achieve a perfect shield, and in the hands of the AI alone, was devastating.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
When playing as the Mii Brawler today I couldn't help but notice that his standard get up from the ledge invisibility is god-like. By simply getting up from the ledge without attacking, rolling, jumping, ect. he can completely avoid long smash attacks such as Bowser Jr's or Shulk's f-smash, even grabs won't effect him. He literally can get up and just walk, jump, shield, grab, ect after his ledge get up and be completely safe. I feel like he just jumped up a lot in viability because of this, it feels flat out broken.

I also agree with the statement above. If Custom moves are allowed, then the Mii fighters should be allowed no question about it, if custom moves are banned, it's debatable whether or not the Mii Fighters and Palutena should be allowed to use their customs. I feel the most ban-worthy thing about custom moves is that not everyone has access to them, which fortunately for the Mii's, everyone has them from the start. By sticking to a singular custom moveset for the tournament and letting everyone know what you're using, I think it should be allowed.

Last edited:

DibsOnThat

Smash Rookie
I'll say this, although we do need to let it play out a at a few tournaments, I can't see TOs wanting this. Juggleguy was DQing people for being late to matches a fair amount at TBH4 and he's considered the best TO. Smash 4 tournaments will take FOREVER if every Mii fighter main has to setup their fighter. Additionally, there's a lot of room for error. What if someone somehow sneaks on smooth landing gear? There is a lot that could go wrong with this. That being said, with the right rulesets we could avoid the potential problems.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I'll say this, although we do need to let it play out a at a few tournaments, I can't see TOs wanting this. Juggleguy was DQing people for being late to matches a fair amount at TBH4 and he's considered the best TO. Smash 4 tournaments will take FOREVER if every Mii fighter main has to setup their fighter. Additionally, there's a lot of room for error. What if someone somehow sneaks on smooth landing gear? There is a lot that could go wrong with this. That being said, with the right rulesets we could avoid the potential problems.
Putting on Smooth Landing gear and not knowing about it is impossible. When you make a custom fighter there will be a small white circle on the bottom left of the character icon on the bottom screen. If ANY equipment is added on it will show a green, orange, or blue circle depending on if the character has the most defense, offense, or speed powerups, even if its the smallest bit. It's VERY easy to tell if people are using equipment or not, so you don't have to worry about that.

As for setting up the Mii fighter, I'm sure all that is needed is to link the Wii U and the 3DS together, and bam, you have your fighter ready to go, and unless Miis become Metaknight level popular, this shouldn't be much of an issue either.

Eji1700

Smash Apprentice
You could very easily just have 3 generic "standard" mii's and then let people quickly shuffle specials before a match. The special changing takes, at most, 10 seconds. This could be an issue if they become very popular, but honestly I just don't see i.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
I did have a bit of a think about is as I browsed online tournaments, and despite the Miis being relatively mediocre by character standards, I can honestly say that for the first... year or so of tournaments, if not out right, they will likely be banned.

As DibsOnThat had mentioned, the presence of characters with equipment will come into the fray, and the right combination of equipment can really make things broken, regardless of whether they are Miis or not. Jigglymaster is right to point out that sneaking equipment into a match is an impossibility, but that isn't the factor to consider. As we saw during the Nintendo official tournament, Equipment isn't exactly best used within a tournament setting, and that singular demonstration will probably turn all TOs off the idea of letting people use such things.

It was also mentioned in the Smooth Landing discussion on reddit that the continuous grind to balance out the stat changes from that one piece of gear is too laborious a task to accomplish, and since gear with secondary effects typically have lower numbers, there also exists the problem of players bringing gear that certainly balances out the stat changes, but has additional effects that can turn the tide of a fight. All in all, this method, Smooth Landing or no, would require TOs and refs to check characters over anyway, even if they weren't Miis and the whole tournament would become bogged down due to these checks.

Then, Fire Tactician has mentioned that you can still play the Miis with customisations off, robbing them of their gear, but still allowing them to use the selected special moves (a very nice touch, I might add) and Jexulus has also added that the stat differences between the heights are negligible at best, but there in lies the problem.

From what I understand of the competitive scene, the stagnant value of each character can be identified and known among players after a certain amount of time. In the next few months, there will likely be an official tier list when the top level competitive players have gained a sufficient grasp on the entire metagame to discuss the viability of each character, possibly going as far as making a 3DS list and a separate Wii U list due to the difference of controllers (though this is very, VERY unlikely)

These values are tested right down to their core functions; how high they jump, how fast they run, how their attacks function etc. all contribute to their express viability. Clone characters become placed at differing positions because of these stat changes (Captain Falcon's speed, as an example, is the core reason why he is placed so high in Melee and Brawl, let alone over Ganondorf who lacks that speed in place of raw power).

From this point onwards, characters will then have optimal strategies to make better use of their assets and really put the hurt on other players. Sometime after that, players will identify these strategies and play to adapt to them, and there we hit the peak of all of this. Some competitive players will exclusively utilise characters on the top end of these lists for the express purpose of better chances, some will stick to characters whose playstyles resonate with them the most, and others (like myself) will pick their favourites and adapt themselves to that character.

The Miis present a problem because their very nature as characters leads them to become chaotic. Every mii is likely going to be different, having a different combination of moves and a different height, and as such, a different playstyle. Sure, everyone plays their characters differently even when a 'True play method' has been determined for each character (I have been witness to a streamer who, even while being adequately beaten in a match against Bowser Jr., claimed that their opponent was playing the character wrong), but the core mechanic behind each character will largely remain the same; The Duck Hunt Duo will usually function around camping and keeping your distance, even when a different player gets their hands on the character.

The Miis, meanwhile, can adapt their purpose, even based around their normal attacks. As said before, my current 'main' Mii functions primarily around mobility; my specials allow me to move in certain directions and, if they miss, then my opponent must chase me, letting me lead them into certain spots and giving me control over the fight. Even saying this, the same Mii can have his specials changed around to better utilise a direct damage set, or something slightly defensive.

Height can play into this as well, and let it not be said that, even though negligible, they are still stat changes, and min-maxing players will not hesitate to focus on such a thing.

With the Dunk Hunt Duo example, going into a tournament will result in DHD's opponent to think "Ok, cool, they play Duck Hunt, gotta avoid lots of projectiles." When fighting against a Mii, the thought process would be a mystery. "Oh, god, a Mii, let's hang back, see what this guy is going to do."

Facing a Mii, no matter the character, would put you on the defensive for the most part, as you need more time to gauge your opponent, and that is the advantage that they hold, especially since Smash is unconventional in terms of fighting games given that more traditional ones would permit you an easier time of doing this, since you have a health bar and solid barriers to the stage, and Smash has the possibility of matches ending in a matter of seconds.

It can be argued that the same might be said for any character, if everyone's playstyle is different, but like I said before, the general strengths and weaknesses of the main cast are easier to determine, so gauging your opponent is solely down to the player's skill, and not to stats within the game.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I only believe that Mii fighter will be limited to only default if custom moves are banned. As of right now Customs are allowed and every character has a whole set of moves that make them play differently just like the Mii fighter. Also if the opponent is up against a Mii fighter or a character with custom moves, they can simply ask what moves they're using, add this as a rule and bam, everything is fine.

I'm generally against custom moves as it just feels like a gimmicky mess and its a ***** to adapt to them all but dangit if they're allowed so should the Mii Fighters.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Putting on Smooth Landing gear and not knowing about it is impossible. When you make a custom fighter there will be a small white circle on the bottom left of the character icon on the bottom screen. If ANY equipment is added on it will show a green, orange, or blue circle depending on if the character has the most defense, offense, or speed powerups, even if its the smallest bit. It's VERY easy to tell if people are using equipment or not, so you don't have to worry about that.
This is sadly incorrect. If all three stats are negative then the circle will turn grey, exactly how it looks by default. This only happens when you have positive modifiers on each equip.

SonicMario

Smash Master
This is sadly incorrect. If all three stats are negative then the circle will turn grey, exactly how it looks by default. This only happens when you have positive modifiers on each equip.
But then you're just getting away with just... nerfing your character. Kinda an odd situation xP

You sneak the use of Equipment, but you're making your character at least slightly worse then they are normally. Unless they want to show just how good they are that they nerf their own characters and then try to win the Tournament. I don't see how that poses a problem.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
But then you're just getting away with just... nerfing your character. Kinda an odd situation xP

You sneak the use of Equipment, but you're making your character at least slightly worse then they are normally. Unless they want to show just how good they are that they nerf their own characters and then try to win the Tournament. I don't see how that poses a problem.
-10 attack/defense/speed for smooth lander, explosive perfect shield, and extra air mobility doesn't exactly sound like a nerf.

SonicMario

Smash Master
-10 attack/defense/speed for smooth lander, explosive perfect shield, and extra air mobility doesn't exactly sound like a nerf.
Hm, well even so. It doesn't take that long to check for sure if the person is using Equipment. If the tournament legalizes Custom Moves but bans Equipment, it's as easy as a few menu clicks to check for sure. I know the concern is Tournament time restraints, but checking if a player is trying to get away with Equipment when the Tournament doesn't allow it shouldn't take that long. And there can even be a bit of a punishment thing where if someone refuses to disable their equipment despite knowing it's not allowed, they'll be disqualified. Discouraging such behavior.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
In fact, it only takes about two clicks more than the time it takes to look at what special moves the person is using (i.e. look at the equipment, go back to the previous menu). Since people want to know what special moves are being used, that seems like it will be a necessary step to ensure someone doesn't try to surprise someone by lying about what moves they're using.

Add a penalty for lying about equipment, and it shouldn't be that much of an issue.

(And using something like explosive perfect shield? Nobody will know you're cheating when you use that! Better stick to things like air mobility where it's at least a little subtle. Even then it will probably be obvious to anyone who knows how the character in question should move.)

The more important issue for Miis always will be the size variations. Despite how minor some say the variations are, tourney players care about knowing precisely what moves kill when and from what distance, and even minor variations muck that up. Standardizing Mii size is probably the real issue here. However, it is possible to make Mii Fighters using "Guest Miis" (during Mii Fighter creation, there's a button to the left which brings up the guest Miis), and it seems like they're all the same size.

So it should be possible to get around that issue.

Erimir

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3823-8583-9137
Of course, only if Miis manage to be high tier would there be any significant time cost to checking these things. If they're not high tier, they're just 3 of 51 move sets you can use, and you can't practice with them in For Glory meaning they'll probably have fewer mains than you'd expect.

If custom moves aren't allowed, it's not really any more work to check that if you're enforcing a standard size as well.

If they are, then it's not a big deal either.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
In order to check the Mii's moves customs in general must be turned on.

So many complications to the little buggers...
Not entirely. When you select a Mii with customs off, you have the option of editing the Mii before you select it, much like selecting a custom template for any other character. As Erimir says, checking them isn't going to prove a problem as it can be done in a matter of seconds.

I guess in this instance, it depends on how the Tournament itself is held, and from that we have a physical tournament and an online one.

Typically, physical tournaments will have on-site 3DS and Wii U consoles, as a lot of them will need to be specialised equipment to permit streaming and such. In this instance, the Miis will either be a standard, default set where the players can customise the moves shortly before the match (thereby allowing their opponent and TO to see the choices as they are being made) or the creation of Miis will be done prior to the start of the tournament so that players can make or import their Miis under TO supervision. This is good, because it means that the characters can't be unknowingly tampered with between matches, since the consoles will be occupied by other players during such official matches.

In an online tournament, then it can be a simple matter of letting your opponent know what moves you use and nothing more. It may become a rule that a Mii can't change their moves between matches since the main cast can't utilise theirs if the customisations are off, but then it can be a matter of possible cheating in any kind of online tournament, a solution to which is this:

The tournament perhaps has a private chatroom, or something on Challonge that attaches to your profile what moves your Mii uses. A TO or two makes a note of this, possibly writing it down at the very start of the tournament. During play, everyone saves a replay of the matches to take part in. If they suspect cheating (differing moves, advancing despite a loss etc.), they send their replays to the TO. No replay, no proof of cheating. In order to lessen the strain on TOs, there must be vigilance on the part of the contenders.

T0MMY

Smash Master
National/Regional/Local Rulings on Mii Ban
I've already played in several tournaments - one a regional, and another a national qualifier.

Mii was not banned.

*Except for one local where a first-time TO erroneously said they were banned because he thought they were linked to Customization and rescinded when shown the truth of the matter. The next event included Mii.

When the dust settles the stronger argument will logically be: Mii will be available and useable for tournament play.
And it will remain this way until proven otherwise.

Speaking of which...

Bans require Proof
Any kind of ban is not going to happen unless there is compelling evidence leading conclusively to a proof of ban.

Any claim of ban needs proof for a competitive community to accept - simply having an opinion is NOT compelling enough . There are standards the competitive community is founded on, and if you haven't any idea what these are then you probably shouldn't be in the market of saying what should and should not be banned, that would just make you look like a Scrub.

The Current Ban Argument is Fallacious
Evidence of "unfair" advantage due to not knowing the attacks being used is fallacious and leads to a slippery slope:

First, normal attacks remain unchanged for all of the Mii classes.
Second, the competitive player will simply educate themselves knowing ALL 3 specials.
Third, the moves are only initially unknown and cannot be changed mid-game, which is actually less an advantageous than other characters' moves which can change throughout the match (e.g. Judgement).

Conclusively anyone who is in favor of banning Mii will find themselves on a slippery slope argument:
A ban will logically result in more bans (specifically looking at characters like Peach and Mr. Game & Watch).
Under the ban logic then the unfair advantage of not knowing which move will be produced due to RNG of Veggies and Judgement.
Other characters may follow suit to the point where a player may feel it is just "unfair" to play against a Wario, R.O.B., Olimar, Robin, etc. because they can't keep track of their "unfair" changing attacks.​

Remedy:
Competitive Philosophy leads us to accept the game to be played as it is.
We may set the options however we want and TO's may run their brackets and tournament environment as they please, but the game should set the standards. Anyone fallaciously arguing against these standards can play in the Casual Arena full of Bans, Items, and out-of-game rules where this is more readily accepted, but NOT the Competitive Arena.

What if my TO wans to ban Mii?
If on a rare chance your TO is banning Mii because of "Customization" or being a "Customizable Character", let them know:

TO's of Competitive Tournaments do NOT use out-of-game rules.
Their non-customization Tournament should have Customization OFF. And that's it, nothing more needed.
Why is that all that is needed?
Mii is not linked to Customization.
Customization: OFF will automatically disallow advantage of Equipment even when equipped just like it does for EVERY character.​

If they say anything about the moveset please let them know that is competitively fallacious and a slippery slope and you came to compete in a competitive tournament. If they stay by their Casual standards then you are free to leave and find a real competitive tournament and/or start your own and let the free market decide which is the stronger argument.
Happy competing.

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
I dont want miis, they're banned online

they're hard to get training against them

they're weight and speed are inconsistant

other characters wouldn't be banned, because Nintendo has not banned them

if someone makes a mii similar to someone famous.... you know what can happen -.- alll i got to say im against them being allowed in tournaments

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
I dont want miis, they're banned online
We have no reason to know why Nintendo banned them on For Glory, since Mario Kart allows Miis to participate in online races since MK Wii. It's probably got something to do with having to load a whole custom character instead of a default one or something.

they're hard to get training against them
The same applies whenever a character is underused. I've never met a Wii Fit Trainer in FG and neither of my friends use her/him, that means they should be banned too?

they're weight and speed are inconsistant
*their
That shouldn't even be an issue (adapt and counter and all that) but if it does become a major issue we can use the Guest Miis that every 3DS and Wii U have (press left on the Mii Creation Screen).

other characters wouldn't be banned, because Nintendo has not banned them
Errr... what? Sorry, I can't understand this one.

if someone makes a mii similar to someone famous.... you know what can happen -.- alll i got to say im against them being allowed in tournaments
I... actually have no idea what you mean or what could happen. The famous person might sue or something? That's ridiculous.

Top Bottom