• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mii Brawler in 1.06: Buffs you want, Nerfs you fear

Marrow

Speak softly and carry a Thick Club
3DS FC
1993-9950-1450
It was confirmed in the recent Nintendo Direct that a new patch, version 1.06, will include not only DLC, but character balancing as well. What does that mean for us Mii Brawler mains? Will any major things change, and if so, what? Are we more likely to receive buffs or nerfs this time around? Discuss it here!

Me personally, I'm hoping Head-On Assault has some endlag removed. Burying opponents is a bit of a waste if you can't follow up with anything.

Last edited:

MoSBanapple

Smash Rookie
One-inch punch will most likely be patched. However, since Mii Brawler doesn't seem to be attracting much attention, being banned in online and restricted in tournaments, I doubt there will be too many changes, if at all.

Buffs I want:

Lower knockback scaling on d-throw (to make combos easier at higher percentages)
Higher knockback scaling on forward/back throws (they seem less useful compared to down throw)
Less ending lag on side smash

Nerfs I fear:

Lower knockback scaling on piston punch or helicopter kick (hits Brawler's best kill moves)
Lower air speed or jumps (I love brawler's air speed and mobility)
Any nerfs to feint jumps's mobility

Johnniewalkker

Smash Rookie
I honestly hope the one in punch will get patched. But besides that, id just like his aerials to have a slightly larger hitbox. But my biggest fear is nerfing feint jump by giving it more cooldown frames and helicopter kick knockback reduced.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Like everyone else is saying, remove the One Inch Punch.

I honestly don't expect any other changes to the character.

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
ZeRo and M2K are streaming Mii Brawler dittos as I type this, and I can honestly say at this point that it's riperino for at least that up-B. There's just absolutely no way this is going to stay tournament legal once what these guys are doing catches on.

http://www.twitch.tv/mvg_league

And for the record, I'm not even talking about the 1-inch punch.

Last edited:

GS3K

Smash Ace
NNID
Gamestar3000
ZeRo and M2K are streaming Mii Brawler dittos as I type this, and I can honestly say at this point that it's riperino for at least that up-B. There's just absolutely no way this is going to stay tournament legal once what these guys are doing catches on.

http://www.twitch.tv/mvg_league

And for the record, I'm not even talking about the 1-inch punch.
For what, helicopter kick?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah, helicopter kick. 20% kills off of easy grab conversions consistently with DI. It was making Diddy look pretty fair.

aaand m2k has no experience against it. Once people catch on how to counter it, its not happening either. The more publicity it gets, the less people are going to get away with it because its plain and simple, DON'T GET GRABBED AT THE LEDGE.

ArticulateT

Smash Journeyman
If it's a dittos match, then they're going to be experiencing problems, yeah. As good for damage as Helicopter Kick is, compared to most of the other recoveries in the game, it isn't that spectacular. I think the lowest I've killed on a helicopter kick was against a Lucina CPU at about 25-35%, and that was only because I had been able to edge guard it pretty successfully, and having wasted her mid-air jump, she was screwed.

Shakyy

Addicted to Ice.
NNID
Shakyy
One inch punch will be removed that is all, Heck Mii brawler with helicopter kick is barely allowed at any tournaments so no problems there.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
One inch punch being removed seems to be the only thing so far, everything else seems to be the same
-mobility is still the same
-feint jump can still be ledge cancelled
-helicopter kick is exactly the same

Zappdos

Smash Cadet
Not that I played in a while, but we played friendlya when the patch came out and it was KOing like 20-30-30% later than we remembered.

GMSTerror

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GMSTerra
If any of y'all have seen the updated Community Patch Notes thread, along with the One Inch Punch being removed, our Brawlers received a damage reduction in our Bair (12% -> 10%) and Fair (2% reduction to base damage). Not TOO bad I suppose when it comes to nerfs, as long as Helicopter Kick is still amazing, I'm in.

Elixar

Smash Cadet
NNID
Zer0Requiem
General consensus - RIP Piston Punch
Helicopter Kick is still mad powerful

Top Bottom