• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight release weather cancellations

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
I just got a call from Gamestop... Because of the storms we're having here, they had to cancel the midnight release... I won't get my hands on the game until tomorrow morning... And then the tournament has been postponed as well to an undetermined date... The guy sounded completely clueless but he told me the whole thing would be pushed back a couple weeks... I know that can't be right unless they push everything back...

So has anyone else had to suffer this cruel fate? :urg:

Edit: I got another call from GameStop... They postponed the tournament to 2 PM tomorrow after the game's release...

Darkslash

Smash Master
I just got a call from Gamestop... Because of the storms we're having here, they had to cancel the midnight release... I won't get my hands on the game until tomorrow morning... And then the tournament has been postponed as well to an undetermined date... The guy sounded completely clueless but he told me the whole thing would be pushed back a couple weeks... I know that can't be right unless they push everything back...

So has anyone else had to suffer this cruel fate? :urg:
Well that sucks :(

GameAngel64

Smash Journeyman
That sucks.

Now this makes me nervous about the weather around here, because it is snowing right now, but the forecast predicts less than an inch of accumulation, so we'll see.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
An inch or two shouldn't be too much of a problem... We got like 4 inches of snow yesterday... It's raining right now and will freeze over on top of the other 4-6 inches of snow we're supposed to get... :(

Windlord

Smash Journeyman
well so far it hasn't been cancelled here (westerville, OH) although unless it clears up by 9:00 i can't go, which sucks even more because they are still having it, I just won't be able to go... why can't we have a blizzard when we are supposed to? stupid ohio...

gaph2000

Smash Cadet
You should see the weather here in toronto.
I live about an hour south of Toronto. When I wlaked outside this morning, I couldn't see 5 feet in front of my face. Literally. We got about 2.5 feet of snow in the past few hours. It's a good thing my EB wasn't having a midnight launch in the first place, cause they sure arent having one now!

Revven

FrankerZ
well so far it hasn't been cancelled here (westerville, OH) although unless it clears up by 9:00 i can't go, which sucks even more because they are still having it, I just won't be able to go... why can't we have a blizzard when we are supposed to? stupid ohio...
Yeah, it's real balls. Mine hasn't canceled yet either but, when I called it sounded like we would still have it. They said to me though that they'd call if it gets canceled... so, I'm pulling out for a no cancel business. Otherwise... if it does cancel, I'll be REALLY pissed that I have to wait another day.

By the way, this is Cleveland Heights at Severance that I'm talking about.

corban123

Smash Rookie
lol, it snowed 2 days ago, and the next day it went from 30 - 70 degrees, clear skies for the brawl release xD thankyou Texas

Nowfist

Smash Apprentice
Lucky for me, there is no midnight release, so I don't have to feel your pain. Sorry for you though.

End Game

Smash Journeyman
Its raining cats and dogs over here in new york city...like serious storms. I better not get a call.

Zodiac

Smash Master
Nope, I'll trudge through seven feet of snow and go through the fire and the rain to get brawl.

nic1993

Smash Rookie
I have the same problem :(

curse you Canadian weather!!!

EDIT: forgot to mention that my doors are frozen. So even if they went ahead with it, I wouldn't make it :(

Ojanya

Smash Ace
Yeah, but for those of us who have it cancelled, there's a bright side. We have about two weeks to prepare for the tournament.

Cepheus

Smash Cadet
Yeah I have about 40cm of snow here.

The midnight release might be cancelled but stores will remain open....at least WAL-MART will be cuz it is ALWAYS OPEN =D

TheOnlyHalfrican

Smash Rookie
The west side of Indiana (west of Indy) looks clear still, but I just took a look and weather.com and you guys do look like you are in for some crazy stuff. The entire east coast is covered in green on the radar.

Takuyo90

Smash Apprentice
i hear u i live in huber and right now its a d@mn blizzard... : 0

KeyKid19

Smash Ace
It's pretty cold and windy down here in Florida, but nothing that seems Brawl-cancelling. I'm about to go out and run some errands though so I'll stop by Gamestop and make sure everything's good to go tonight.

I feel really bad for you unlucky winter souls.

NeonWolf

Smash Rookie
Its raining cats and dogs over here in new york city...like serious storms. I better not get a call.
the rain over here in NYC is crazy!!!
i recieved my reminder call yesterday to get the game midnight tonite
snowing might bring cancels but i dont see why a little rain should

its not like we are gonna drown on the way to the store

GimmeAnFSharp

Smash Journeyman
Wow, for living in one of the worst weather related regions of the US, I'm completely unphased by this storm.

Hoorah! Although I wasn't planning on doing the midnight release anyway.

quinn95

Smash Journeyman
Well it was snowing here Thursday and now its about 55 degrees i don't think its canceled.

ThatInsaneKid

Smash Cadet
Let's see... Right now Beavercreek is on a Level 2 Storm Warning, Blizzard Warning, and because of the snow drift, there's about two and a half feet of snow in some areas. ((Shoveling my back porch was a pain in the butt.)) But I haven't gotten any calls yet, so for now, I'm thinking the Midnight release is still on.

Unfortunately, my sister is not being very cooperative, and won't drive me to GameStop after the Weekend of Jazz concert tonight because our mall isn't on the way to our house from the school unless you go the long way.

Maybe if I'm lucky, my dad will come pick me up so I don't have to wait for her to tear down the stage, and he might take me to GameStop...

:x

Top Bottom