• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
p56

I honestly think that makes a lot of sense. No scum at night would throw off game balance and would actually probably tip the scale in scums favor, if scum is forced to kill. A no kill because of an inactive team would mean no kill and a wasted night where town learns nothing. Then come into day 2 and bam, scum could cause way more confusion and throw everything off for the rest of game.
No, this doesn't make sense at all. Mafia can usually, if not always, choose to withhold the kill. If withholding the kill N1 to cause confusion was the optimal play, then mafia would do this routinely. They generally don't because missing a kill is almost always detrimental to mafia.

I see, it’s also possible that the other scum wasn’t answering in time, thus the need for a fast replacement. Although you’ve got a good point on jack showing no signs. It’s rare but scum can definitely do that to shake up a game.
I'm pretty sure that the mod would allow whomever was still around to perform night actions on behalf of any absent partners. From what I have seen of Jack, I would be very, very surprised to see him force-replace for some strategic edge.

These is Laser setting up his next target after my mislynch (or if my lynch doesn't proceed toDay). Read #2000 + #2003 fully for a better comprehension of the progression
Or I'm sorting players based on their ingame content and trying to develop my reads. I guess that's kind of the same thing.

If Laser is scum he was pushing a townie. That post I made mentions how’s scum zen would not do that and bus a teammate.
Xivii Xivii How far does your rule for bussing extend? Would you not vote for a teammate at all? Or just not actually lynch them?

Laser’s meta would make more sense based on his play style.As scum he looked for people with bad reactions to his bit day one to oush them
Why do you feel my play style at the start of this game is more like my scum play in Oasis rather than my Town play in SS?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I just wouldn't execute them. I would vote for them though. I'm pretty sure I voted Z in Sumting. And I actually intended to start the wagon on him before Ran did. But after Ran started it, voting there would have no longer served its purpose. Me defending Z and vote hopping during the end of D1 was the only time I let my alignment slip.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This may be one of the strangest questions I have ever been asked in a game of mafia. Were you just pinging me to see if I was reading the thread and not commenting on purpose?
I've actually caught scum from this type of oddball question before. There's a certain way scum tend to respond for some reason.

Malakandra Malakandra could I have your answers to these?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Fontisian - When I was first reading through I thought their interactions with Jackrito felt coordinated, but I remembered that it'd be very hard to coordinate that as a scumteam day 1 since they wouldn't of had an opportunity to talk yet. She has also dropped some posts with good logic, specifically in response to some of Xivii's questions.
This is the read that pinged me the most from Mala. The coordination line is an echo of the suspicion I voiced a little before. It's not genuine!!! Also, what was the point of this line!?!?!??????? It didn't add anything to the read! Self-nullifying lines like this are scum filler.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Alright, to make sure it goes that way then. I don't think Xivii is going to pick up at all, and I'd like to avoid a jump onto Laser here.

Vote Frozen Flame
This is also a bus vote. He's establishing himself as being the one to secure the Frozen wagon for that credit. There was also no reason to avoid a jump onto Laser unless he thought he was town. As Ex said, a jump anywhere would have been informative. Tied wagons and the vote hopping that goes around at the end of the day is one of the most useful states of the game.

And stating that he didn't feel my wagon wasn't going to pick up implies that he still preferred my wagon. So it really doesn't make sense that he would switch. The wagon was at 5-3. Frozen would self-prez putting it at 5-4. Z25 had not yet voted, ExLight was swingy, Jack hates me. There was definitely still a chance.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So why secure a Frozen execution if he still preferred my execution as implied by not feeling it would pick up. Answer: the line was simply to establish credit.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Rajam is the play today. We shouldn't flash yeet, since I think the masons need to work out if they think we are likely to be in LYLO tomorrow to avoid counterclaim shenanigans. Still should probably go out relatively fast to avoid another day like yesterday where we talked in circles and almost yeeted him twice and he slithered out.

Vote Rajam

P.S. I'm going to be kinda busy for the next couple days since I have online college orientation and a bunch of college things with that.
The bolded line here is not a townie mind state at all. My pushing for a flash yeet was bait and Mala took it.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
LaserGuy LaserGuy you said that you believe that Z25 declaring me as yeet if Frozen flipped town is within his scum range. Why are you so confident in that? Are you implying that his lashing out at Ran in Sumting was done to strategically make the slot look town? How would this be the case if he thought he was executed? Additionally, you read the scum chat, we didn't know he wasn't executed into the middle of the Night.
Sorry, can you point me to the specific post(s) you're referring to here? Oh, nevermind, I know what you're talking about. Based on what I saw in SS, yes, it is within his scum range. No, I really don't want to talk about it. I can discuss in PM with you sometime later if you really want. If you want to yeet me over that, w/e, I'll take it.

Also, if you were around before the boom yeet D2, would you have attempted to move the execution elsewhere?
Hard to say retrospectively given I know the end result of the Boom lynch. My preferred lynches over Boom were Rajam and Chaco, and a lot of of my scumreads are on the Boom wagon, so I'd like to think I would have tried.

Notes so far on Laser guy, am going to sleep now. Will continue from where I left off tomorrow.

in 55 hops on Chaco fast,then in 137 drops it switching from a vote to a town lean. What recent posts did you like more Laser?
Chaco posted quite a bit between those two posts. He was checking out a lot of slots and doing a lot of good analysis on people. In particular, I thought his reaction to Xivii's case on me was well thought out and he seemed to be genuinely evaluating not just what he thought about me, but how it affected other players tangetially.

I just wouldn't execute them. I would vote for them though. I'm pretty sure I voted Z in Sumting. And I actually intended to start the wagon on him before Ran did. But after Ran started it, voting there would have no longer served its purpose. Me defending Z and vote hopping during the end of D1 was the only time I let my alignment slip.
I thought as much. Never voting for your buddies at all is too restrictive.

Making a note to review Malakandra tomorrow, but I've run out of time for tonight.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ah there we go. It all comes together. The scumteam is Malakandra and Rajam.

Vote: Malakandra

You guys know that satisfying feeling you get when something is #oddlysatisfying. Or like when you finally relieve an itch that's been bothering you. Or bite into something you've been craving for days. Or like complete a project you've been working on for weeks? I definitely just got that feeling. When playing mafia, my mind obsesses over every possibility non-stop. It puts me in disarray, but once* it all comes together it's like a hit of valium. I relax and it's like the two hemispheres of my brain connect. It's nice.

*I'm so tired I spelled this as "wants" initially.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I would've expected a more radical shift with that impression you got
doing one towny analysis doesn't erase all the times he pinged and seemed scummy to me

aw shucks you asked in portuguese
I'm recatching up with the content from these last pages and I'm disliking Rajam more and more, I see Z25 already removed their vote so I'll stay here

his interactions with players were really weird, I feel like he was a bit lost but at the same time kinda able to focus on unusual stuff and that just felt like a traitor trying to get other people's attention
and that would explain him hesitating to jump in that wagon before you poking him to despite his ass being in danger
I feel like if he was main mafia he'd be one mass bussed since roleblocker was arguably the strongest role for scum

Chaco

Never Logs In
This is the read that pinged me the most from Mala. The coordination line is an echo of the suspicion I voiced a little before. It's not genuine!!! Also, what was the point of this line!?!?!??????? It didn't add anything to the read! Self-nullifying lines like this are scum filler.
I tend to agree with this. Look back at what I posted about Jackrito’s replacement and he said that it could be filled during night phase to allow the kill to go through. That’s way off set up speculation considering we know there are 3 scum. What pings me is that his set up speculation towards scum is always off when the information is there.

Chaco

Never Logs In
So what brought you over to me LaserGuy LaserGuy ? My genuine frustration with Xivii? How can you not discern town motive there? Understand that as scum no one would do that. Wine or not, consistently drawing attention to yourself over something that bothers you is not a smart play. Xivii’s okay was a huge hindrance to me because I essentially could not look past it. It halted me in my tracks essentially and people excusing it, at first, irked me. But moving forward, rereading always clarifies the point where I was wrong, and I can own that. Separation as a gut player is difficult when the things that ping you antitown, and truthfully are, are done with town intent. That’s why I’m not a gambit player, or tend to do things high risk/high reward because of slots like myself who will not let it die. Only ones who excused it quickly were people vastly familiar with Xivii. So I don’t see your hold up on me outside of that, but I would like to hear why so we can get this out of the way.

Every suspicion needs to be hashed out toDay we have clear stances in every slot from every player. Because going forward it could be LYLO, and this whole bouncing around amongst everyone is distracting and hard to reach any consensus.

Trisscar Trisscar Who is the play toDay and why? Thoughts on lynches and pairings.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Between everyone who has been targeted toDay: Rajam, Z, Mala, Laser, and myself; who is the scum and likely partner and why?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii Xivii Who are you actually gunning for toDay, your vote has been quite a few places?

LaserGuy LaserGuy Say you gain traction and Lynch Rajam/me, the Lynch flips town, who is the next Day push and why? If Rajam is lynched and flips scum, why am I paired with him? Alternatively, in the case of my Lynch, does Rajam still ping you as scum when I flip town?

Same question to ExLight ExLight as Laser.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Everyone;

Hypothetically we lose a PR toNight, does D4 begin with a mass claim? If not, why?

ExLight

Smash Lord
Hypothetically we lose a PR toNight, does D4 begin with a mass claim? If not, why?
we should've been massclaiming today imo

scum probably figured out who the masons are at this point specially if they got to use the rolecop last night so not claiming is prolly just going to be a mess because someone cam WIFOM a mason fake claim next phase to make it 50/50 if they kill one tonight

who is the next Day push and why? Same question to ExLight ExLight ExLight ExLight as Laser.
Z25 because of the late vote on FF just to make fluff and overall really scummy attitude

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Why?

charlatan at least use sugilite

Are you referring to onyx?
Is Onyx the one that keeps the cast of Smash background and just has matte black as the base?

I'm pretty sure that the mod would allow whomever was still around to perform night actions on behalf of any absent partners. From what I have seen of Jack, I would be very, very surprised to see him force-replace for some strategic edge.
Pretty sure this is correct. Especially due to the idea that if a mafia player isn't around to use their ability, that can screw over a lot of chances for maf to make progress or even possibly win.

Who is the play toDay and why? Thoughts on lynches and pairings.
Still Rajam.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
The scumteam is Malakandra and Rajam.
I'm confused by the connection between the two. If Mala is scum, that means he already yeeted Frozen and got some town cred for doing so. Why would he be so willing to flash yeet his partner? This close to potential LYLO with most people already townreading him, I don't see what he would gain by bussing again.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Between everyone who has been targeted toDay: Rajam, Z, Mala, Laser, and myself; who is the scum and likely partner and why?
That is the question, isn't it. I need to read back through some ISOs, but I'll get back to this tonight

we should've been massclaiming today imo

scum probably figured out who the masons are at this point specially if they got to use the rolecop last night so not claiming is prolly just going to be a mess because someone cam WIFOM a mason fake claim next phase to make it 50/50 if they kill one tonight
I agree with this. After keeping track of claims, scum has about a 1 in 3 chance of hitting a mason if the rolecop hit a VT last night. If the rolecop hit a mason, then that's that lmao

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
p56

No, this doesn't make sense at all. Mafia can usually, if not always, choose to withhold the kill. If withholding the kill N1 to cause confusion was the optimal play, then mafia would do this routinely. They generally don't because missing a kill is almost always detrimental to mafia.

Or I'm sorting players based on their ingame content and trying to develop my reads. I guess that's kind of the same thing.

Xivii Xivii How far does your rule for bussing extend? Would you not vote for a teammate at all? Or just not actually lynch them?

Why do you feel my play style at the start of this game is more like my scum play in Oasis rather than my Town play in SS?
I’ve definitely played games where scum had to kill at night. I think UP even hosted one of them iirc.

A no kill always can shake things up even if targeting kills is usually better.And my idea there was that it’s possible scum team weren’t all active. The last person could have just not been around night one expecting jack too.

Granted I still think Jack probably switched out for actual reasons, because as you said while switching for strategic edge is a thing, that’s not usually something you would do night one and is pretty rare in a game anyway.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Ok I've finally read through Rajam's posts in full, which was hard to do before since he wasn't caught up. A lot of his thoughts are pretty good actually and his tone is very townie. It doesn't feel like the type of player that is going flip scum. That being said, there is at minimum one scum player who is playing with a townie tone because almost everyone has a townie tone, so that can't be relied upon. Chaco is the only player that I don't think has a townie tone, which is driving me nuts because he's had a number of town slips and the way Frozen approached him was indeed as if he were trying to buddy. I've buddies my partners before though. I mean even last game I played in a way that was interpreted as me attempting to pocket bessie.

Anyway I think Malakandra followed by Rajam is the way to go. And if one of those is town it's going to come down to reevaluating Chaco and LaserGuy. LaserGuy's last few posts had a friendly tone to them which make me wonder if he deliberately turned up the friendly dial in order to dissolve Chaco's feeling that he was unable to get a tone read off of him.

Chaco Chaco what specifically during your reread caused you to change your mind about me?

I'll comment on some stuff about Rajam / Mala now, post my evaluation and conclusions on each slot, and show why Mala and Rajam are likely scummates.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
LaserGuy LaserGuy how often do you watch films? And when you do, what type do you typically watch? When is the last time, if ever, that a film/book/show/plat/etc. has made you cry?

Malakandra Malakandra same question to you.
uh, I don't watch movies that often, I usually watch them with my families. I like Westerns a lot, and mystery movies. I'd really recommend knives out for mysteries if anyone is interested in them and hasn't seen it, an absolute banger. Last time I cried, was reading the last book of Lightbringer I think. How about you? I've been looking for more good mystery movies to watch but haven't found a lot.

The point of the line is because earlier I had voiced some suspicions about Fonti and their vote on Jack then switch to Laser. I write my readslist by placing down all the names I think go in a category, typing down reasons for them if there are any, then organizing them and editing. For me the point is to organize my thoughts, so I'm going to put my thoughts down on my progression on Fonti. I understand some people make reads primarily to present to others, thats just not my style, I make them for myself, and show them to others so they can get a better judge of where I'm at.

This is also a bus vote. He's establishing himself as being the one to secure the Frozen wagon for that credit. There was also no reason to avoid a jump onto Laser unless he thought he was town. As Ex said, a jump anywhere would have been informative. Tied wagons and the vote hopping that goes around at the end of the day is one of the most useful states of the game.

And stating that he didn't feel my wagon wasn't going to pick up implies that he still preferred my wagon. So it really doesn't make sense that he would switch. The wagon was at 5-3. Frozen would self-prez putting it at 5-4. Z25 had not yet voted, ExLight was swingy, Jack hates me. There was definitely still a chance.
I don't get why your acting like this is some big catch. I literally already stated that yes I preferred your wagon here and I know you saw it because you liked the post I linked of Fonti giving her thoughts on it.

So why secure a Frozen execution if he still preferred my execution as implied by not feeling it would pick up. Answer: the line was simply to establish credit.
If I was trying to give myself credit for the yeet, you'd think I'd take it. here I am not taking credit. And I'd like to ask you to point out a time where I tried to claim credit for the yeet.

The bolded line here is not a townie mind state at all. My pushing for a flash yeet was bait and Mala took it.
Not sure what you mean here. I'm frustrated that Rajam is still alive. I think he is scum, and has been throwing up a whole ton of distractions and tangents to slip out of the yeet and prolong his flip.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Time to get back to reading Laser. Ping me if you are going to be doing more stuff on me Xivii.

Rajam

Smash Champion
If FF is not scum, we really should look at Zen tomorrow. I’m trying to finish typing my list but if thread gets locked, it will go up next day phase.
One final thing. Scum Z25 never makes this post right before FF flip:
Boom yes, Z25 no. Town!Boom would clear the heck out of Z25 for this post, but he's only giving him minor town points because he needs Z to be a viable execution candidate to fit his agenda.

In conclusion: Boom's read progression is inconsistent and his reads are forced (I didn't even talk about that Jack town read...)
Zen, Is much as I'd like to lynch Z25 I think we should lynch Laser toDay. About the quotes: Is the bolded still a thing?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Xivii Xivii i want to hear your thoughts on triss and dp.

Any chance one of them is scum playing a good game?

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
So what brought you over to me LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy LaserGuy ? My genuine frustration with Xivii? How can you not discern town motive there? Understand that as scum no one would do that. Wine or not, consistently drawing attention to yourself over something that bothers you is not a smart play. Xivii’s okay was a huge hindrance to me because I essentially could not look past it. It halted me in my tracks essentially and people excusing it, at first, irked me. But moving forward, rereading always clarifies the point where I was wrong, and I can own that. Separation as a gut player is difficult when the things that ping you antitown, and truthfully are, are done with town intent. That’s why I’m not a gambit player, or tend to do things high risk/high reward because of slots like myself who will not let it die. Only ones who excused it quickly were people vastly familiar with Xivii. So I don’t see your hold up on me outside of that, but I would like to hear why so we can get this out of the way.
Okay, so first of all, at the end of D1 you were pushing a claimed PR over mafia.
Scum won’t kill FF if they’re pushing him now. I’m gonna pour some wine here. But that’s the strongest town player I’ve seen and remembered. Frozen always scared the hell out of me when I was scum. I NKd him N1 I think in one of my earlier games where I rolled scum like 4 times in a row. The push for him isn’t solid enough. And I trust his reads more as concise and he mirrors a lot of my sentiments as there isn’t enough to push, and that’s playing safe plays, which is inherently pro town. FF push on last hours of D1 is reckless, imo.

I won’t come off of a Xivii push. Gives us the absolute most to go off, and it’s removing a huge endgame liability. Cause he won’t make it to endgame, that’s not hapoening.
Regardless of the fact that we now know his claim was fake, at the time, that information was unknown except possibly to mafia. Yeeting a PR is very detrimental to Town in this setup and protecting FF is very beneficial to mafia so the players engaged in either of those behaviours, let alone both, have been on my list of suspects since the start of D2. Moreover, by the start of D2, you essentially conceded that Xivii was Town, not on the basis of his claim, but on the basis of his participation in the Frozen lynch. See:
I think FF spearhead clears Fonti/Xiv. No scum mate would fabricate a Lynch and then gun it down which Fonti did. That would be an insane IQ play, and FF would never go for that as a scum mate.
Occam’s Razor says Xivii is town.
Rajam Rajam the only thing other Xivii could be is scum/traitor (if there is one) because of his miller claim. Which it’s just too ballsy of a move, and Fonti’s claim behind Xivii mechanically makes him more town. Considering Voy/track did their thing on Fonti, she is cleared and by proxy Xivii as well, imo.

Even in the off chance that Xivii was super ballsy enough to claim miller as traitor, that’s a lot to lose cause it could put him on NK radar by scum.

that’s why I said Occam’s razor says Xivii is town
LaserGuy LaserGuy Was responding to Rajam why I said Xivii was essentially cleared, and giving him the only other alternates which are highly unlikely.
Not mad at all, I just think you beg questions and don’t support anything. And my fault for blind hunting, don’t have knowledge as where to look on D1 start. Xivii wasn’t logic confirmed until flip.

And metaing the game would slot those 3 100%, but hey, I tunneled Xivii D1 all day, so obviously my scumdar is off.

But on a real note, I respond to everything. So if you have actual substance I will talk to you about it. All I’ve seen from your scum vibes is nitpicking stuff that is of no consequence and then kindve contradictory stuff, tbh.

Narrowed lynch pool makes most sense off of confirmations and connections to FF. It should make even more sense to you based off of game meta and your claim.
So if he's Town because he's lynched mafia, he's Town regardless of whether or not his claim is fake. I feel that you changing your read there was opportunistic and not Town motivated--you found a reason to target a slot that was de facto cleared by the majority of the players, and were trying to set them up as a viable candidate to yeet somewhere down the line.

Say you gain traction and Lynch Rajam/me, the Lynch flips town, who is the next Day push and why? If Rajam is lynched and flips scum, why am I paired with him? Alternatively, in the case of my Lynch, does Rajam still ping you as scum when I flip town?
If Rajam flips scum, I imagine you are too.

ExLight's not posting like a wolf. And Rajam's Jester-like-wifom is making me suspect that we don't yet have the correct solve. There's been a number of things nagging me about Chaco throughout the game:

• His but no I'm not lurking statement page 1
  • His attempt to associate me and boom together early on
  • Gunning for me when Fonti had laid out a solid case for why I was town and believing that Fonti could be cleared which would have essentially "cleared" me.
  • Promoting a no lynch
  • Failing to join the frozen train while pushing a town counterwagon.
  • Attempt to get PRs to claim NUMEROUS TIMES. I don't think we can ignore this any longer. On Day 1, he danced around trying to get the Neap to claim early. Today he advocated for masons claiming when it was completely unnecessary. And just now he tried to verify that I was VT.
  • If you look at his play throughout today, you'll see that he's been awkward around Rajam and his wagon. There was a post where he said something to the like of "oh Rajam before boom?" like he was caught off guard with the push. He's been hard pushing Boom over Rajam and supported my statement that they aren't partners, coming off to me like he's positioning himself for the future when one of them flips town.
Nope not scum Xivii. But the reason I’m not seeing the Rajam wagon truthfully is because he’s so far behind and I know he’s a strong player. And there’s other fish to fry. I was willing to hammer him because I was off so bad on D1 and was questioning my judgement due to that. But I’m fairly confident in my Boom and Ex/Somi case.

and of course I’m gonna support that statement because I see no indication of them being partners.
Your reply to Xivii in his comments connecting you and Rajam is very, very, similar in tone and substance to your comments on Frozen above and leads me to believe that you/Rajam are likely partners. If Rajam is Town, wagon analysis says Mala would be a plausible candidate partner for you with an outside chance of z25. If you are Town, then it may be Rajam/Mala as Xivii is suggesting, but I haven't reviewed the evidence for that pairing yet so I don't know.

If neither you nor Rajam is mafia then I have been very wrong somewhere about at least one of my Townreads and would need to spend a lot of time working back through the game to figure out what is going on.

If we hit mafia, it is probably fine for the remaining mason to remain hidden for another Day if they don't have a result in hopes of dodging the NK. If we hit Town, then the probably need to claim to prevent any CC shenanigans.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Ok I've finally read through Rajam's posts in full, which was hard to do before since he wasn't caught up. A lot of his thoughts are pretty good actually and his tone is very townie. It doesn't feel like the type of player that is going flip scum. That being said, there is at minimum one scum player who is playing with a townie tone because almost everyone has a townie tone, so that can't be relied upon. Chaco is the only player that I don't think has a townie tone, which is driving me nuts because he's had a number of town slips and the way Frozen approached him was indeed as if he were trying to buddy. I've buddies my partners before though. I mean even last game I played in a way that was interpreted as me attempting to pocket bessie.

Anyway I think Malakandra followed by Rajam is the way to go. And if one of those is town it's going to come down to reevaluating Chaco and LaserGuy. LaserGuy's last few posts had a friendly tone to them which make me wonder if he deliberately turned up the friendly dial in order to dissolve Chaco's feeling that he was unable to get a tone read off of him.

Chaco Chaco what specifically during your reread caused you to change your mind about me?

I'll comment on some stuff about Rajam / Mala now, post my evaluation and conclusions on each slot, and show why Mala and Rajam are likely scummates.
My townie tone is probably lost due to frustration. Lol.

It’s not necessarily just you that made me rethink it, Xivii, it’s the whole game. The likelihood of you playing reckless and being scum here just doesn’t connect. I tunneled in on it because it was the clear thing that wasn’t adding up. Since then I haven’t been able to make up or down of this game because it just threw a mask over the whole game for me. So take away that, and everything becomes more clear. Your interactions haven’t been bad by any means, you were early to push onto FF, but overall game feel from you is struggling town. Your reads have been all over the place, you look for anything to expose, and I just can’t see you as scum doing that. Your whole feel has been “I’m in control but I have no idea where to go”. Looking back on the things I honed in on, yes they’re accurate to some extent, but it’s also just taken away from the whole game. It reads TvT to me looking back. Even BoomFrog looking back on it now seems TvT with you. I just think we have caused so much distraction and mess that it’s allowed scum to completely become “super townie” for not feeding in and picking apart from the sidelines.

Exlight is coasting. His reads seem shallow and mirrored. He pushes on people with really nothing at all.

Malakandra has a town tone but the stuff against you didn’t seem as “locked in” as Booms and mine did. Overall though I get the town vibe.

What worries me about DP is that since D1 they’ve been under no pressure and widely accepted as Town. That’s either because the slot is super pure town, or just no one has had any reason to throw any flak that way. Regardless we have a one dimensional view of DP which I see more people starting to realize. Immediate concern, very dougtful

Trisscar is coasting. I see little initiative to push and more sidelined play, but always in the mix enough to stay back. The push on Frozen was early, but nothing that screams you’re town to me from that.

Rajam seems to be trying to push in as town. I don’t see anything as troubling as everyone is saying here and don’t see much legitimate push. I literally was going with the Lynch on him because I wasn’t trusting my reads, and was following in. But as he’s progressed he’s been all in and cricket scum hunting

Z25 has had some great posts, but there’s something about the slot that doesn’t sit well with me. I can’t really point it out yet, but the back and forth between y’all two doesn’t have that for sure TvT feel. Do you pick up that here?

LaserGuy has been here about as much as you think they have looking back at the game. The jump on Frozen after Fonti posted we have decided on Frozen just doesn’t seem like a scum bus to me, but so much else does not feel like town.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, so first of all, at the end of D1 you were pushing a claimed PR over mafia.

Regardless of the fact that we now know his claim was fake, at the time, that information was unknown except possibly to mafia. Yeeting a PR is very detrimental to Town in this setup and protecting FF is very beneficial to mafia so the players engaged in either of those behaviours, let alone both, have been on my list of suspects since the start of D2. Moreover, by the start of D2, you essentially conceded that Xivii was Town, not on the basis of his claim, but on the basis of his participation in the Frozen lynch. See:
So if he's Town because he's lynched mafia, he's Town regardless of whether or not his claim is fake. I feel that you changing your read there was opportunistic and not Town motivated--you found a reason to target a slot that was de facto cleared by the majority of the players, and were trying to set them up as a viable candidate to yeet somewhere down the line.

If Rajam flips scum, I imagine you are too.

Your reply to Xivii in his comments connecting you and Rajam is very, very, similar in tone and substance to your comments on Frozen above and leads me to believe that you/Rajam are likely partners. If Rajam is Town, wagon analysis says Mala would be a plausible candidate partner for you with an outside chance of z25. If you are Town, then it may be Rajam/Mala as Xivii is suggesting, but I haven't reviewed the evidence for that pairing yet so I don't know.

If neither you nor Rajam is mafia then I have been very wrong somewhere about at least one of my Townreads and would need to spend a lot of time working back through the game to figure out what is going on.

If we hit mafia, it is probably fine for the remaining mason to remain hidden for another Day if they don't have a result in hopes of dodging the NK. If we hit Town, then the probably need to claim to prevent any CC shenanigans.
This is such a pretty post basically saying nothing, Laser. You long winded this whole post and basically brought nothing new to the table or forward. My struggles with Xivii’s slots are apparent. It’s obviously an internal battle that I’m displaying forward and talking out. Furthermore, I have not pushed Xivii today or sense. I said numerous times which you left out selectively if he is traitor it would be inconsequential, mainscum Xivii hasn’t been on the radar since I came to terms with that. Still battling where I stand on that play doesn’t mean I’m trying to lynch the slot. Arguably enough other people have felt the same in regards to that. They conceded quicker yes, but here we are into D3 and Z and Xivii are talking about it as well.

So you’re telling me that Miller is a PR? It is not. It is an counter to towns PR. Passives that don’t do anything are not PRs. Miller is a known detrimental role that is essentially just a VT. So I’m wondering why you’re claiming this here?

So hypothetically you have a claimed miller which could be false in LyLo in a group that has appeared town, you’re telling me you wouldn’t pursue it then? Cause that’s the whole argument since D1 sans trying to figure out why the hell he did it in the first place. That’s natural thought progression in regards to something like that. Not to claim my rust as an excuse here, but are you gonna trust all of that after not playing in years? Likely not, Laser.

Xivii and I have bounced scumminess off of each other all game, and towniness as well. That’s why looking back I gather us as TvT.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Furthermore you think a player of FFs caliber is going to deliberately pocket me as scum buddies and me do the same to Rajam. Your whole post up there reads worse and worse each time.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Why Rajam and Malakandra Are Scummates

ok jokes aside, I began reading the game today and should be caught up in a day or two. Regarding the NKill I have some questions:

- Was it luck Mafia got the cop, or did NSG crumb at some point?

Usually Mafia NKills target one of the next:
- Players with good reputation
- Power Roles
- Players with good ongoing reads
- Inactives or weak townies in order to prevent leaving trails

From what I've read NSG seems like a new guy, not specially a strong one. If Mafia just got lucky hitting a PR it means Mafia went the inactive/weak townie route, which also means the strong townie players have, most likely, wrong reads (there is always the possibility the 'strong townie' players are scum, but that's always an option regardless of w/e we think)
Tunnel vision would be a reason why you're still alive. As someone who is townreading you, and seemingly an universal town-read from yersterDay, I'm telling you: drop the tunnel, look somewhere else. Scum left you alive for a reason: you were wrong :p
While reading the beginning of D2 I started to think a bit more about the NKill, because.... it's dumb af. I mean scum just lost the only guy who could've messed with fontisian's claim. Fontisian is obviously very good at this game, and with roleblocker gone his towniness was gonna be 100% confirmed. Why leave fontisian alive?
Even if you don't believe nothing of what I just said, you have to admit leaving confirmed-town-fontisian alive isn't the cleverest move by scum's side. And it makes you wonder what the hell was scum thinking.
I've been thinking about why Rajam is so obsessed with this. Night Kill Analysis is fruitless. There's nothing at all to gain from these. I think the reason he made these is that he is trying to distance himself from NSG kill by pretending that he didn't know NSG soft claimed (thus implying that he couldn't have been the one to do the kill). So he is making a show of the power-players-are-wrong theory. He keeps reiterating that not killing Fonti was a dumb kill, but it really wasn't at all. In the latter two quotes, Rajam had caught up to the point where NSG soft claimed, he knew that was the reason he was killed, so his belief that the night kill didn't make sense is incomprehensible. Furthermore, Rajam made the first post at the start of the day but had just begun to read Day 1 so it doesn't make sense for him to have come up with this theory without yet having read through to see if there was some reason NSG was killed. This is a timeframe/perspective slip. He can't simultaneously believe NSG was a weird kill without having read through to see NSG's play.

Trisscar didnt like at first
This is another example of scum filler, like I pointed out with Mala. This is such a consistent scumtell. Scum feel the need to show the full progression of their thoughts, whereas when a townie post a read on someone, they just state their current read, and only provide progression when it's actually warranted (for example if they had verbalized a strongly different read before or if the player they are speaking of was on the hot seat). There's no reason at all for Rajam to include this line here other than to give off the impression that he is isn't informed.

Alright now let's show Mala's questionable progression on Rajam D2:
Vote Rajam

Yeeteth deleteth.
This is after I called for a flash yeet. Mala put Rajam at L-2 and stayed on him throughout the next irl day and after he was put at L-1. He expressed confidence in the read here:
I'm pretty confident about Raj, here. I think the FF lynch has given is the momentum and by the post Fonti pointed out it seems like scum think they were at a big disadvantage even before FF was yeeted, so their motivation has to be low right now. Should be a nice cleanup for us.

Rajam, you seem to have been ignoring the wagon against you and the points for it. Do you have anything to say in defense of yourself?
Which I don't know why he would have. I believe my hard push on Rajam and calling for a flash yeet put Mala in a position where he felt he needed to hard bus. The nice cleanup line stood out to me initially when he posted it. It's a bus line (or in the case of town!Rajam, an opportunistic line. Either way it's informed and not town).

Later on when the Rajam wagon was finding some relief and I was exploring Z25, Chaco, and Boom, Mala's disposition towards Rajam changed:
W/e Rajam is getting yeeted toDay anyway.
I still would like for him to be able to catch up all the way to present first, even if Xivii seems to think thats unlikely.
Fair enough, feels a bit wrong to yeet someone, even if they are scum, before they catch up all the way and have time to lie interact. But if Rajam isn't going to get all the way caught up then its ok I guess.
He went from confidently wanting to flash yeet him, comfortable with him being at L-1, to subtly trying to dissuade it.

And then near the end where we are pushing Boom yeet, he goes in for the last dab of distance:
Why Boom over Rajam?

I get what you are saying there, but Rajam has also had some really bad posts. His recent readslist for example where he does the exact same thing as FF for example, and hasn't really done anything town. I think they are likely both to be scum, but no point in risking if Boom is town and he claims either narrowing the NK pool for scum or worse.
This completely contradicts his view above about wanting Rajam to catch up. And the reasoning in this post is all over the place. It's a mash of words that doesn't actually describe why Rajam should be yeeted over Boom.

Back to Rajam:
Z25 and ExLight replace in, although super late. They see in the mafia chat frozen's observation regarding who's the neapolitan and decide to go with it. Probably due to time constraints didn't properly consider the implications of fonti's claim and leaving her(?) alive. I know, ironic, i fit in there too, blah blah. w/e
The entirety of this post is completely nonsensical from the perspective of a townie. I'm inclined to agree with LaserGuy and think that scum!Rajam is describing a truthful situation. Only it wasn't ExLight and Z25, but him and Malakandra. Side note: If UP forgot to change the wording in the scum PMs, it makes sense why Mala thought there was no day chat and also goes along with Rajam's confusion of Frozen being the only one chatting in the scum chat.

Frozen's comment about Malakandra seems to me more of an attempt to open a 'scumhunt' route instead of a distancing attempt. Makes me feel better about Malakandra. Sum to that the previous quote I put of DarkPit; Malakandra is town guys
No it doesn't.

Some final comments on Mala:
Screams into the endless void

Couldn't you have just posted this a little earlier so I didn't have to wake up to this crap, gah.

Like, we get it, your town man, you don't have to do all this. Like scum Xivii has no reason to out that he got away with being cleared, except to make me feel better about myself for being right about the claim being easily faked, even if I was wrong about alignment, but yah, no actual reason to admit this. Not even sure if I should bother to try to read Xivii rationally in the future, but whatever. Your town this game and thats all that matters for this game. Now time to read the 2 pages worth of content this must have spawned, maybe something good will come out of this whole mess after all.

But like seriously, why do you do this? Like, the idea was dumb in the first place, if we had an actual chocolate townie and you walked your claim back you would have been the yeet day 1.
This seems to me like an overreaction. No one had a reaction like this. Based on it's over the top nature, I'm inclined to believe that Mala already knew that I wasn't Chocolate. Or maybe they thought there was a traitor? shrug. Regardless, Mala was the only one who immediately declared me as strong town for the Chocolate retraction, and I believe it's coming from a place of TMI.

and if he was nightkilled, and he flipped not chocolate, I can't even guess how much paranoia and confusion that would cause,
@Malakandra how would my death have caused paranoia and confusion?

You can see it in how he started off after Xivii claimed by still thinking Xivii was town, but attacking Xivii's reasoning and logic. When Xivii held that his reasoning was sound, Chaco then started looking for other reasons and came across Xivii being scum. Thats natural thought progression.
@Malakandra can you rephrase this. I don't understand it.

Lastly, Jackrito:
Part of me wants to lynch Raxx, before the replacement comes in because of not wanting last game to repeat itself, where I backed off a lynch on Z25 because of them having personal issues, even though thinking they were scum. The result of this was Fonti replacing in and pocketing me hard and messed up my lynch attempts.
Just saw Mala replaced in already, but my view stands the same in regards to that slot unless Mala does something amazing to change my view.
Raxxel had like five posts at this time, but Jack was willing to yeet him? This is not like town!Jack at all. It's not like town!anyone at all. And is indicative of hard distancing, similar to how Jack interacted with LaserGuy in Oasis.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
This is such a pretty post basically saying nothing, Laser. You long winded this whole post and basically brought nothing new to the table or forward. My struggles with Xivii’s slots are apparent. It’s obviously an internal battle that I’m displaying forward and talking out. Furthermore, I have not pushed Xivii today or sense. I said numerous times which you left out selectively if he is traitor it would be inconsequential, mainscum Xivii hasn’t been on the radar since I came to terms with that. Still battling where I stand on that play doesn’t mean I’m trying to lynch the slot. Arguably enough other people have felt the same in regards to that. They conceded quicker yes, but here we are into D3 and Z and Xivii are talking about it as well.
You were asking why I scumread your slot. Those reasons still stand. The fact that you have changed your tune now after you gained zero traction from your previous push does not mean that the push didn't happen, or that it was pure.

So you’re telling me that Miller is a PR? It is not. It is an counter to towns PR. Passives that don’t do anything are not PRs. Miller is a known detrimental role that is essentially just a VT. So I’m wondering why you’re claiming this here?
In an open/semi-open setup a miller is functionally the same as a named Townie. Town is stronger in this setup with the chocolate Town than without.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Final notes on Laser reread.

582 - Chaco was top which feels odd, since Fonti was quite a bit below, but Laser said he thought Fonti was town before her claim, and the claim only solidified it. Possible Chaco and Laser connection from this.

595 - Explains his change of read on NSG in a very similar way to a recent post. Not sure if this is alignment indicative, but it shows Laser isn't just making up reasoning for his switches.

lol the k - vote Frozen other people have brought this up, but if a scum is gonna buss, I don't think they do it like this.

In 1042 - established willingness to vote for people on the Xivii wagon, most suspicion on boom. Him being on Boom at the end of the day, and going into evaluating me and Chaco shows this opinion wasn't faked.

Don't think Laser and Z are likely scummates due to these posts. (these and posts go to different posts. Realized this is confusing.)

1784 - I think these are all pretty good reads, and is they are all consistent with Laser's other posts today.

2000 - wagon analysis, possible from either alignment.

I think thats all the Laser posts up to today.

Verdict on Laser guy is a town lean. He is incredibly consistent with his reasoning, and I don't think there are a lot of feasible candidates for him to be scum buddies with.

This leaves me with a reads lists of:

Town Read - DP, Triss, Xivii

Town Lean - Chaco, Laser

Null town - Exlight, Z25

Scum Read - Rajam

This means I've miscleared someone. I think a Rajam scum flip most indicates Chaco, as he has been defensive of Rajam the most. Ex and Z also probably need a re read at somewhat, but I think I'll have more luck interacting with them to help my reads.

Top Bottom