• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
There's a difference between misclearing and simply finding it null. If it were null, that would be reasonable, but you were scum reading me for it. And again, no one in Sumting said that my standard town play was being reserved.

Edit: added the word 'in'
Exactly, people seemed to think your play was normal IIRC. I don't think we are going to see eye to eye on this. I admit that I was wrong, but I also think the fear you caused, of hopping around all over the place, constantly declaring the things you do as town, walking back big reads, justified my push.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The more I read, the more of a headache Z25 becomes *scratches head*

These is Laser setting up his next target after my mislynch (or if my lynch doesn't proceed toDay). Read #2000 + #2003 fully for a better comprehension of the progression
weren't you literally saying that Z25 is scum just a bit ago?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
You were still easy misyeets. I don't at all get where you're getting the idea that I wouldn't push a newbie player. What is something specific in my games that gave you that impression?
Simple, token mafia.

https://smashboards.com/threads/token-power-mafia-1-2-game-over-town-win.502595/page-3

You were suspicious of me who game, no matter what I did. Yet when it came down to it, you targeted EX, a harder player to lynch if we are going by history.

I was an easily Yeet and still would have solved the game based on your post there.

yet you didn’t go for me.

So that’s why, you aren’t targeting easily miss yet lynches all the time, only when you think that slot is more valuable that day will you aim to yeet them. Their skill and history has nothing to do with it.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
LaserGuy LaserGuy you said that you believe that Z25 declaring me as yeet if Frozen flipped town is within his scum range. Why are you so confident in that? Are you implying that his lashing out at Ran in Sumting was done to strategically make the slot look town? How would this be the case if he thought he was executed? Additionally, you read the scum chat, we didn't know he wasn't executed into the middle of the Night.

Also, if you were around before the boom yeet D2, would you have attempted to move the execution elsewhere?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
People who thought it was T v T. I think of not your scum buddies that was Pythag, Boomfrog, Laser, and I think maybe Jack.
How does it being tvt equate to that being my normal style of play. LaserGuy and myself both mentioned in the game that I change my playstyle depending on the game.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Simple, token mafia.

https://smashboards.com/threads/token-power-mafia-1-2-game-over-town-win.502595/page-3

You were suspicious of me who game, no matter what I did. Yet when it came down to it, you targeted EX, a harder player to lynch if we are going by history.

I was an easily Yeet and still would have solved the game based on your post there.

yet you didn’t go for me.

So that’s why, you aren’t targeting easily miss yet lynches all the time, only when you think that slot is more valuable that day will you aim to yeet them. Their skill and history has nothing to do with it.
But I was TOWN. What evidence do you have to suggest that I wouldn't go for an easy yeet as scum! You keep assuming that I'm town in your answers. It really just makes me think that you know I'm town.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
How does it being tvt equate to that being my normal style of play. LaserGuy and myself both mentioned in the game that I change my playstyle depending on the game.
The push Ran made on you was because of your lax playstyle no? I'm pretty sure multiple people said the push was not substantial because your meta. I'm not really interested in going back and reading that part of the game as this point, since I have to reread stuff in this game to work on figuring it out, and that takes precedence to me over you tunneling on me till later.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
But I was TOWN. What evidence do you have to suggest that I wouldn't go for an easy yeet as scum! You keep assuming that I'm town in your answers. It really just makes me think that you know I'm town.
Bruh,

you literally gave me your two scum games I know about in here.

So yes I had to restort to your town games.

So if your going to be trying to blast me while also trying to slyly push a Chaco lynch, then give me every game you played scum in.

Or tell me where to find them. Because right now you are trying to paint a picture of something that you know I literally can’t defend against when I don’t have a full idea of your scum history

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Tunneling is the wrong word I think, since you have been on other people, but you've been on me pretty much everyday. So I hope you can get how that is taking less priority right now.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Bruh,

you literally gave me your two scum games I know about in here.

So yes I had to restort to your town games.

So if your going to be trying to blast me while also trying to slyly push a Chaco lynch, then give me every game you played scum in.

Or tell me where to find them. Because right now you are trying to paint a picture of something that you know I literally can’t defend against when I don’t have a full idea of your scum history
YOU made the claim that scum!zen wouldn't push newbie!NSG. I'm asking what gave you this idea. You don't have any reason to actually believe this. You're just making up reasoning after the fact and it doesn't actually line up.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
How many times have you been scum again, Mala?
this is my second game of forum mafia, so 0 times in forum mafia. In games like secret hitler and blood on the clocktower, I've played a bit so probably a decent amount of times.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Zen you really feel like your doing less to solve the game and more just berating random players.

So why are you doing all of this?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Zen you really feel like your doing less to solve the game and more just berating random players.

So why are you doing all of this?
I don't think thats fair. I can see how his pushes could be giving him info, and are genuine attempts to get people to interact and give opinions.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
YOU made the claim that scum!zen wouldn't push newbie!NSG. I'm asking what gave you this idea. You don't have any reason to actually believe this. You're just making up reasoning after the fact and it doesn't actually line up.
I have my reasoning because I was literally your scumate, I got a pretty damn good take on your meta from it.

And hando really wasn’t an easy mislych imo. Your just twisting things for no damn reason

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Xiv, Smashboards Amethyst is clearly superior.

I still think Raj is the play for today but if he flips town, game plan will definitely shift lol. I think regardless of alignment he reveals the most info. Right?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think thats fair. I can see how his pushes could be giving him info, and are genuine attempts to get people to interact and give opinions.
It’s completely fair.

My entire conservation with him comes down to a I said this and he says that about his meta. It’s something subjective that isn’t helping either of us, especially we are both town.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Z25 Z25 Do you have what you were going to write about NSG in your read list before he was night killed?
Yes, I thought he was obvious town.

The way he talked about how he sorta knew about the game based on the few ones he played just felt like newbie town. As he clearly didn’t understand the prs at play right away. So he came off as pretty genuine and townie to me.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xiv, Smashboards Amethyst is clearly superior.

I still think Raj is the play for today but if he flips town, game plan will definitely shift lol. I think regardless of alignment he reveals the most info. Right?
Completely disagree with the bottom. Who would you turn to if he flips town? And would any of those reasons be based off of the fact he was town?

Im hesitant of Rajam cause FF actually pushed for him as an option at end of D1. Meaning he would swing an easy mislynch if completed. Jackrito really wasn’t around either. And outside of that, and a few comment that were distasteful I don’t see anything blaring scum. Now that I’ve seen the backpeddle on Z25 it’s a bit different, but I’m just not seeing it, so help me with that? It feels more PoE to me currently.

Laser has been disengaged and bland. No inflection. Hardly any insight unless prodded. Look at his read list from D1/D2. Had me as top town listed to toDay pushing at me. That doesn’t seem game evolved to me. More so seems like following Triss and hoping he can gain momentum.

If a Lynch feels to easy, it’s cause it is. And that’s what Rajams feels like to me right now.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Is there a way to see full posts from a specific person? I really hate reading through people who post a lot of big posts in the search feature.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Search bar in top right corner. Select I n this thread. By Username.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
yah, I use that. I should have been more clear. Is there a way to see the entirety if their post instead of it doing the ... thing at some point.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Completely disagree with the bottom. Who would you turn to if he flips town? And would any of those reasons be based off of the fact he was town?

Im hesitant of Rajam cause FF actually pushed for him as an option at end of D1. Meaning he would swing an easy mislynch if completed. Jackrito really wasn’t around either. And outside of that, and a few comment that were distasteful I don’t see anything blaring scum. Now that I’ve seen the backpeddle on Z25 it’s a bit different, but I’m just not seeing it, so help me with that? It feels more PoE to me currently.

Laser has been disengaged and bland. No inflection. Hardly any insight unless prodded. Look at his read list from D1/D2. Had me as top town listed to toDay pushing at me. That doesn’t seem game evolved to me. More so seems like following Triss and hoping he can gain momentum.

If a Lynch feels to easy, it’s cause it is. And that’s what Rajams feels like to me right now.
This is valid. I think town Raj pretty much clears you and possibly Ex. I think the next turn after town Raj is probably Laser, possibly Z. Definitely willing to look at other slots though. The Frozen push is interesting, as I only remembered his push on Somi/Ex. That's definitely possibly good to keep in mind

yah, I use that. I should have been more clear. Is there a way to see the entirety if their post instead of it doing the ... thing at some point.
I don't think so, sadly

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Unfortunately no :(

Smashboards used to have a genuine iso feature before they switched over to xenferno. I wonder if we can do it through a custom script.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Oh yeah one way to do it that Ran and I use is just to put everyone else on ignore and read through the thread that way heh

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Five more pages. Okay. I can do this.

I'm trying to figure out who could be scum together. So far this is where I'm at, let me know if you have any input lol
It might be helpful for you to make this into a spreadsheet/heat map so you can see visually what's going on. If you fill in your Townreads as well, you should be able to narrow it down to only a handful of pairings that make sense.

Be careful ruling out potential pairings just based on a player pushing another though. Especially as the player of suspects narrows, scum are going to find more reasons to need to target one another to avoid scrutiny. Think about whether you believe those players were actually attempting to lynch one another as that is more likely not SvS.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Stuff from page 54.

asdfgdfdgdgd
vote Laser :)
Pretty sure you were already voting me at this point.

Mala being "comfortable town" but being kinda low in the townreads is also a bit weird.
Everyone above Mala was also comfortable Town in that list.

He's barely over the line which separates inactive from active so he can't be called on coasting / lurking, but his contributions are not memorable at all. He's doing the bare minimum. He has left no town impression
So your case on me is "He doesn't have a lot of content". Good job.

Look, I'm not going to argue that my contributions have been stellar this game. I just literally don't have 4+ hours per day, several days per week, including weekends, to play mafia. Maybe that just means I can't play on this site, I don't know. On xkcd where I used to play, we only had a handful of full games that had over 1000 posts. Most were around 800 for 13 players. So the posting rate here is 3-5x higher than what I'm used to. Yes, I'm struggling to keep up with the frenetic pace of the games here. It's been the same every game I've played on the site so far, and I haven't found a good way to work it out.

But I have more than enough content for you to make a proper evaluation on me. This is you making a lazy push to try to dodge the yeet.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Notes so far on Laser guy, am going to sleep now. Will continue from where I left off tomorrow.

in 55 hops on Chaco fast,then in 137 drops it switching from a vote to a town lean. What recent posts did you like more Laser?

in 131, shows a good reaction IMO and starts his trust of Xivii.

137 gains a townlean on Somi and elaborates why in 150. Not the strongest reasoning, possible Laser Ex connection.

309, drops townlean on Somi, sighting their posts being heavy info over analysis, doubt the connection.

331 explains switch on Somi well.

425 I feel his scum and town reads were incredibly accurate to what the game developed into, Sus on Jack and Somi. I doubt a Laser and Rajam team from this post.

So far posts are lining up with my impression of Laser. No real strong connections on anyone, I think Laser flipping scum means that Exlight is probably town here so far, as well with their vote on Laser.

Possible scum ping is the first part, awaiting explanation for that quick switch without a push on Chaco in between at all from him.

Town ping for progression. Starts of with a mainly meta reason and states gut, but drops it and explains why well.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This whole sequence of posts from #267-#270 feels really weird to me. fonti's vote on me is feels quite poorly motivated, but her posts are so self-conscious I don't know if I believe that she would have posted her case on Jack only to immediately change her vote if she were mafia. Gut is if there's scum in these two it's probably Jack.
This seems like a TMI slip every time I read it, but then again you did do the same thing to Vic in B99.

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Page 55

what provoked you to start to VCA this game? I haven't seen you do them before.
I've used it once or twice before. On xkcd I never found it super helpful, but it's something that I've experimented with a bit in higher paced games where I can get some more concise reads on people without needing to weed through dozens of pages of content. I used it quite effectively in the stupidly large Serene Forest mafia game that I played with Ran awhile back... I was completely out of my depth as far as keeping up with the posting, but I managed to catch one or two scum just from VCA that game.

ofc Laser wasnt around during D2's end either.
As I said, I don't play mafia on weekends except in the evening after my kids go to bed. I will try to squeeze in the odd post on my phone if I can during the day only because the deadlines keep falling on the weekends this game. But yes, it will be the same D3 and D4 and any subsequent day that I am alive this game. I feel that the fact that I have already make comments to this effect multiple times throughout the course of the game mostly shows that you aren't really actually trying to sort me at all.

how often do you watch films? And when you do, what type do you typically watch? When is the last time, if ever, that a film/book/show/plat/etc. has made you cry?
This may be one of the strangest questions I have ever been asked in a game of mafia. Were you just pinging me to see if I was reading the thread and not commenting on purpose?

I don't watch a lot of movies. More in the last few months since COVID than probably the last 5 years put together, but pretty much all stuff for the kids. The last movie I saw was The Secret Life of Pets. Before that was Frozen 2 (again). Before that... mmm... Shrek maybe? I can't remember the last time I watched an adult movie.

No comment on the crying part.

It's time to solve this. I need to find the right avatar to get me into the mindset though.
I like it.

trisscar needs to come in and step up his/her game. Has been too naive so far and a non-presence. Sorry if this comes as a bit rude. If anything, listen to dead people, specially fontisian
This doesn't make sense to me. You think Triss is a PR. The only PRs we have left are masons (except possibly hopefully not a gamethrowing chocolate Town). Why does it matter whether they have a presence or not?

Really I don’t think scum would be arrogant enough to put K. and then vote on a bus to their mate, but I don’t like Laser D1 looking so much.Its like their reads from D1 to now have changed vastly, and it doesn’t feel due to game progression. Long elaborate lists and fluff, but so easy to forget.
Vote: Laserguy
My reads change based on what I see in the thread. I don't look for continuity, I look for accuracy. If my strongest scumread Towntells, then they're Town. If a townread scumtells, then they're scum.

Pretty sure Z25 already hammered. Let me confirm
I'm kind of in awe that you somehow managed to get almost hammered twice in the same game.

Top Bottom