• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

fontisian

Smash Champion
I’d rather No Lynch than wagon an inactive slot., as explained why previously.

Xivii Lynch gives us all the connections and motivations in the world. Other slots literally give us nothing. Boom TownFlip once again leads back to Xiivi. But I’d rather stay off the easy lynches that really doesn’t help town as a whole and just lessens the overall pool.
I feel like you aren't reading or thinking about anything I'm read. My man, I think you're town and I'm trying to help you, please let me.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
Look at how he’s reacting and trying to paint me as scummy by reading the set up. Trying to keep tracker off of Fonti. Spearheading Boom.
It’s all grimy as hell.
ok when you said blunder I thought you meant you had like a concrete scumslip that I had somehow missed and was like quote for me now plz in case I'm completely missing the ball here

I agree that this push for boom feels grimy and xiivi's PR directing obsession this game fits a scum set-up for choco fakeclaim strat wayyy too well

I just think that even if xiivi is a scum pr, their PRs just really aren't that dangerous, they're essentially just roles that help scum limit the already sparse info town can generate in this game and help the scum atleast have a decent chance of narrowing town PRs faste enough to not get entirely steamrolled by smart town claim play

Trisscar

Smash Ace

Yeah alright I can get with the Boom wagon, they've done not a lot of substance despite a lot of interaction.

Vote: Boomfrog

fontisian

Smash Champion
Hey guys, if we kill Frozen and he flips mafia he spewed Xivii, Chaco, Darkpit and Z town,

Jackrito

Smash Ace
You haven't done anything townie at all, nor had much of an impact, you seem to be coasting. Your push on Triss I felt was disingenuous and you never addressed the points I made about that, instead disappearing. My main two scum leans at the time of that post it seemed stupid for me to push to lynch them that day.

I was only bringing up that point of view because at the time I thought Fonti was going to be able to be mechanically cleared tonight.
I gave my reasons for not hitting the same levels, so in comparison maybe I am coasting, but that does not make me scum. Also the defination of what is townie varies from person to person so this first comment seems a bit extreme.

Direct me to the post and I will address the points but my push on Triss is not disingenuous it is low effort they is a differance, I believe they was something there and I'm not even voting them anymore.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Voy and Tracker on Fonti should not be argued at all. Resistance to that is anti town. 100% cleared slot which in turn can help clear Xivii. Neo can target freely and narrow pool even more. So why the resistance? When PRs can blunder and hit nothing instead of instant confirm a slot.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I want to kill this. Frozen is saying "very good catch," "really solid take here," and "very clean analysis," about terrible takes. He's apparently very experienced, and should probably know better. It's also just way to positive, this feels like scum egging on town to kill town.

Vote: FrozenFlame
I want to kill Frozen ^^^^^.

I'm also just going to quote this again, since people seem to have missed it:
This means that Xivii cannot be mafia, btw. If the scumteam has 2 ninja shots, they wouldn't know if they were just dealing with a visitor or if there is both a chocolate and a traitor, so it wouldn't be safe for Xivii to claim chocolate. If the scumteam has 1 ninja shot, they wouldn't know if the setup was 1 visitor and 1 traitor or 1 chocolate, so it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. And if the scumteam has 3 ninja shots, they would know there is both a chocolate and a visitor, and it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. The scumteam cannot have zero ninja shots, because of my role.

Chaco

Never Logs In
ok when you said blunder I thought you meant you had like a concrete scumslip that I had somehow missed and was like quote for me now plz in case I'm completely missing the ball here

I agree that this push for boom feels grimy and xiivi's PR directing obsession this game fits a scum set-up for choco fakeclaim strat wayyy too well

I just think that even if xiivi is a scum pr, their PRs just really aren't that dangerous, they're essentially just roles that help scum limit the already sparse info town can generate in this game and help the scum atleast have a decent chance of narrowing town PRs faste enough to not get entirely steamrolled by smart town claim play
Besides saying we have roleblocker and ninja shots as a we statement also. But who knows there. Can quote it tho

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to kill this. Frozen is saying "very good catch," "really solid take here," and "very clean analysis," about terrible takes. He's apparently very experienced, and should probably know better. It's also just way to positive, this feels like scum egging on town to kill town.
where is this coming from? what exactly about the posts I quoted were terrible? and how is darkpit finding a post from xiivi pre-claim explicitly anti-breadcrumbing chocolate not a good catch? I'd be shocked if most people in the game remembered that throwaway post of xiivi's that darkpit quoted, I sure as hell didnt

Malakandra

Smash Lord
And for the first part, I'm saying you have done nothing to stand out as town to me. Yes its from my perspective, but its my opinion, similar to how you saying Laser wasn't as townie last game is your opinion.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Voy and Tracker on Fonti should not be argued at all. Resistance to that is anti town. 100% cleared slot which in turn can help clear Xivii. Neo can target freely and narrow pool even more. So why the resistance? When PRs can blunder and hit nothing instead of instant confirm a slot.
Fully agree with this. With how many ninja shots scum has and the guesswork involved, Tracker would be unlikely to find anything and voyeur really can't get much useful info otherwise anyway. This way we can either confirm two townies, or worst-case scenario, flush out a ninja use on the roleblock

fontisian

Smash Champion
where is this coming from? what exactly about the posts I quoted were terrible? and how is darkpit finding a post from xiivi pre-claim explicitly anti-breadcrumbing chocolate not a good catch? I'd be shocked if most people in the game remembered that throwaway post of xiivi's that darkpit quoted, I sure as hell didnt
I mean, I remembered it, because I reread to see who said they weren't chocolate before Xivii, like everyone who's saying Xivii is scum should be doing. You should have read it too, because you said "I feel this on a deep, deep level" to Chaco's
I feel like Xivii has an early feeler out D1 about Choc, or maybe it was in response to mechanics talks with Triss or Fonti. Idk, but I remember seeing that somewhere and don’t really wanna look back right this second cause I am ridiculously hung over.
Why would you say and not go back through Xivii's posts looking for things about the Chocolate?

You also said "really solid take here" to Z's
Scum Zen is also very smart, if he claims early, he has good confidence in making it due to other knowledge, or he has a good fake claim idea, like how in sumthing sumthing mafia.

So while I believe this is town Zen, it’s worth a re look down the line if we aren’t doing good
and then immediately followed it up by talking about how the take was actually bad. The full quote was:
really solid take here, xiivi's claim here is that his early game "power towning" was meant to draw a bullet as town choco, however I think this is equally explained as a set up strat to fakeclaim choco as a scum PR. His preoccupation with directing the neap comes off far more suss with this claim imo
Meaning: "Hey, this is really good, but it's actually completely wrong, and Xivii is mafia for these reasons."

Then you said "very clean analysis here" to Boomfrog's
Think about the chocolate claim. When I brought up Xivii agreed, and said "visitor should claim too". Why would chocolate xivii not claim at that time. By the time he claimed it was pretty clear no one was going to claim, and it was safe to go for it. It's a bold play, but xivii is bold and if it works they are "confirmed town" for the whole game. The payoff was worth it and the risk was low.
This take is terrible because at the time Xivii claimed chocolate several people, including me and Somi, had not come into the thread or done anything to indicate we weren't chocolate. It was a high risk play.

And finally you said "this is probably the most concise way to explain why I townread that slot" to Chaco's
BoomFrog yeet just doesn’t seem informed to me
, and while that isn't a terrible take, it has no supporting evidence and you, a person claiming to be strongly townreading Boom and not wanting him to be yeeting, should be providing that evidence to convince town to not yeet him

fontisian

Smash Champion
I've also explicitly said lynching xiivi would not be a smart play today but I'm egging town on to kill, like what?
You've said that while talking about how Xivii could mafia. You're give the town tunneled on Xivii support to try to kill him, while keeping your hands clean. And you are blatantly trying to pocket Darkpit, Chaco and Z as you do it.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sorry if this should be obvious, but can you explain what this means?
Read over Frozen's post again, and try to see it as you are mafia and writing that. Are the people you're complimenting so much town or are they your partners?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Are we only giving Exlight two hours to do things, or are we extending, feel like i should ask XD

fontisian

Smash Champion
Here, have some more case:

The second paragraph is Frozen saying that, yeah, even though he think we shouldn't yeet Xivii Today because Xivii's been contributing a lot, Chaco's feeling that he's mafia is completely right and Chaco should keep trying to kill him. The mindset doesn't make sense. Everyone else who thinks Xivii is definitely lying is pushing to kill him. Frozen is saying he think Xivii's lying, but keeping away from the wagon.

The third paragraph is written from a scum team perspective. It is written from the viewpoint of someone who has considered the setup from the pov of his scum alignment, and views the town prs accordingly. He sees the game as mafia worried about town prs steam rolling through his team, which is fair because this setup is very town sided. I don't how to explain this better, but it's something I strongly believe.

Jackrito

Smash Ace
I'm sorry but I refuse to believe you can't do this as scum. Maybe Im overestimating you because of bias from last game, but others have also said you are an amazing player and can change your play style rapidly.

It seems like both your scum reads are on disengagement, what makes you think a member of scum team is more likely to be disengaged from the game rather than controlling it?

You've played with Xivii a lot before, atleast he seemed to have seen you play a lot before. Is he correct in saying this is his normal town play style? And can you recall anytime he played like this as scum.

Mechanics posts are #36, #42, #70 (bottom part) and #159. They were aggressive in a more defensive way last game sure. I think its an improvement for them being more proactive, and trying get people to give opinions. I still think the same energy from last game is there in her posts, just now redirected outward instead of inward. I see that as the result of a confidence boost, I'm leaning towards that confidence boost being from the reasons they stated and overall improvement rather than scum TMI right now.

Oh, then ignore what I said about that part for Fonti and Jack. I was just writing about how you were wrong, but then realized I'd been using the sign up sheet rule post, instead of the game one. Apparently they are different, RIP.
Ok I missed 159 somehow not sure how since that was a reply to me, but yeah that post puts down my paranoia a bit first 3 though are pretty weak though compared to normal. My issue with their new found agrro is that it is too good compared to their other games and feels like scum coaching to a degree because they are doing things I would not expect them to do and that is setting off alarms for me tbh, confidence boosts should only take you so far the improvement is too vast.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Here's the case against Frozen, all together for your viewing pleasure. Xivii Xivii Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Chaco Chaco Malakandra Malakandra Please read this.

I mean, I remembered it, because I reread to see who said they weren't chocolate before Xivii, like everyone who's saying Xivii is scum should be doing. You should have read it too, because you said "I feel this on a deep, deep level" to Chaco's
Why would you say and not go back through Xivii's posts looking for things about the Chocolate?

You also said "really solid take here" to Z's
and then immediately followed it up by talking about how the take was actually bad. The full quote was:

Meaning: "Hey, this is really good, but it's actually completely wrong, and Xivii is mafia for these reasons."

Then you said "very clean analysis here" to Boomfrog's
This take is terrible because at the time Xivii claimed chocolate several people, including me and Somi, had not come into the thread or done anything to indicate we weren't chocolate. It was a high risk play.

And finally you said "this is probably the most concise way to explain why I townread that slot" to Chaco's , and while that isn't a terrible take, it has no supporting evidence and you, a person claiming to be strongly townreading Boom and not wanting him to be yeeting, should be providing that evidence to convince town to not yeet him
You've said that while talking about how Xivii could mafia. You're give the town tunneled on Xivii support to try to kill him, while keeping your hands clean. And you are blatantly trying to pocket Darkpit, Chaco and Z as you do it.
Here, have some more case:

The second paragraph is Frozen saying that, yeah, even though he think we shouldn't yeet Xivii Today because Xivii's been contributing a lot, Chaco's feeling that he's mafia is completely right and Chaco should keep trying to kill him. The mindset doesn't make sense. Everyone else who thinks Xivii is definitely lying is pushing to kill him. Frozen is saying he think Xivii's lying, but keeping away from the wagon.

The third paragraph is written from a scum team perspective. It is written from the viewpoint of someone who has considered the setup from the pov of his scum alignment, and views the town prs accordingly. He sees the game as mafia worried about town prs steam rolling through his team, which is fair because this setup is very town sided. I don't how to explain this better, but it's something I strongly believe.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Ok I missed 159 somehow not sure how since that was a reply to me, but yeah that post puts down my paranoia a bit first 3 though are pretty weak though compared to normal. My issue with their new found agrro is that it is too good compared to their other games and feels like scum coaching to a degree because they are doing things I would not expect them to do and that is setting off alarms for me tbh, confidence boosts should only take you so far the improvement is too vast.
I'll take that as a compliment as to my learning speed. :)

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Read over Frozen's post again, and try to see it as you are mafia and writing that. Are the people you're complimenting so much town or are they your partners?
Ahhhh thank you. From that post, if Frozen flipped scum, I would say Boom could easily be a scummate and Somi is probably town (or traitor). The rest could be either? But I'm inclined to say town as I've been townreading already anyway lol and scummates have no reason to support eachothers' arguments and would usually rather distance, right? Especially if they're not going to push for the argument they're supporting? That's just take on it though.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Maybe I'm biased, since I feel I am doing better this game and its because of the advice I got at the end of last game for more confidence. But I feel like its totally justifiable.

Chaco

Never Logs In
When he said deep level he was meaning hungover I thought, am I wrong there? Reading the rest though now.

fontisian

Smash Champion
When he said deep level he was meaning hungover I thought, am I wrong there? Reading the rest though now.
Oh yeah, good point. I'll retract that point against him.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Honestly, I could still see Boom being town, potentially. I do think Somi would also likely be town if Frozen is mafia, yeah.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678

I think I'm willing to trust Fonti, as her argument makes sense and I think she's the most town slot here lol

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Vote Xivii

I feel this is right today. I don't trust Xivii, and this should give us either a clear on Fonti, or a lot of evidence against Fonti. As well as more information on others.

Also Xivii should actually see this and might respond to post #776

Top Bottom