• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Yeah it was hard to find. It's in the spoilered bit of the sign ups OP. Theory: chaco was only aware of it because he's mafia and asked UP how the number of their shots were determined.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
but why would scum honesty care? There’s way better places for them to be looking, him putting himself as chocolate narrows their pool for who can be the other prs.

if anything that’s anti town from zen imo.
My thoughtline is a scum PR would see chocolate townie as a good thing to fake claim if they thought it wasn't in the game. I was thinking, the only reason I could see Town Xivii waiting as long as he did would be to try to make scum think a town wasn't going to claim, so they would claim it, then Xivii would have a solid reason. Otherwise does it earlier would just increase trust in Town Xivii, where as doing it as late as he did decreases the trust, because he could just as easily be scum going for a risky claim to help get him cleared.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Yeah it was hard to find. It's in the spoilered bit of the sign ups OP. Theory: chaco was only aware of it because he's mafia and asked UP how the number of their shots were determined.
I was wondering where it was lol. I clicked the quote link to where he got it and didn't see it anywhere. IDK about your theory though, I think Chaco mentioned perusing the role cards earlier in the thread.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The point he just made was exactly my point. ScumXiivi would know there was no chocolate and could easily claim it.
No ninja shots means nothing. Means fake claims.

LOL AT XIIVIS FLOUNDER THERE

Chaco

Never Logs In
I asked UP win con of traitor to discern the role and he pointed me to sample role PMs where I actually read the game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Miller standard is immediate claim. The way they are acting I think it’s potential they had no damn idea the repercussions of using that as a fake claim and how it can be checked.

Cause 100% Fonti is scum if she says she was RBd, so tracker needs to be on Fonti, and Voy on target. That way this whole gambit cannot work if it is one

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The point he just made was exactly my point. ScumXiivi would know there was no chocolate and could easily claim it.
No ninja shots means nothing. Means fake claims.

LOL AT XIIVIS FLOUNDER THERE
Whose "he" in this situation. I think all the recent posters have been guys.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I think those roles are red herrings more or less, cause let’s be honest, none of those roles add or take away from the stand alone game. They’re useless counter balances. If you take the thought of them away, you’re left with the same PRs and open set up. But it’s a mind**** in itself to have them mentioned in the first place because you have to consider them.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Vote: Xivii

I’m about to be busy for a while too, but I’m not gonna jump on a Lynch I don’t see pertinent. I’d rather No Lynch and save face for tomorrow after checking out Fonti’s claim

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Right yah, the no ninja shots thing is what I brought up originally because I figured chocolate would be a good easy claim for scum. Fonti claiming visitor, either means if she's telling the truth, that the fake claim on Xivii would be more of a risk because then there would have to be some Ninja points, meaning a few options for the points they have. The timing of Fonti's claim came pretty quickly after people started talking about how Xivii's could be fake, so thats why I think Fonti needs to be mechanically confirmed tonight or they are both scum.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Vote: Xivii

I’m about to be busy for a while too, but I’m not gonna jump on a Lynch I don’t see pertinent. I’d rather No Lynch and save face for tomorrow after checking out Fonti’s claim
We have a roleblocker and ninja shots. What exactly are you hoping to get out of Fonti's claim. Anyway I realized she's confirmed town mechanically anyway if there is no cc.

Chaco

Never Logs In
100% agree. Also why Xivii is using “directing tracker” as a scum tell on Boom. When in fact it covers all basis from an RB claim

Chaco

Never Logs In
We have a roleblocker and ninja shots. What exactly are you hoping to get out of Fonti's claim. Anyway I realized she's confirmed town mechanically anyway if there is no cc.
No she’s not. How is she confirmed with no CC? No ninja shots mean two roles as fake claim for scum. You’re slipping now, speaking of which was that too a scum slip too?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why vote Xivii when we can mechanically gain some info on whether he is atleast more trustworthy because of risk involved with claiming. If they aren't confirmed at night then we lynch them tomorrow.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
care to explain how?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Gah, I hate when Smashboards doesn't update the posts and I post the same thing someone else did

Chaco

Never Logs In
Spending two roles to confirm Fonti is a waste of resources. This is obvious.
the fact you’re arguing this is so scummy. It auto clears her as town instead of leaving room for error, just because it’s fool proof is upsetting your gambit Im sorry

Chaco

Never Logs In
Why vote Xivii when we can mechanically gain some info on whether he is atleast more trustworthy because of risk involved with claiming. If they aren't confirmed at night then we lynch them tomorrow.
Cause pressure and he’s reacting poor af

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
the fact you’re arguing this is so scummy. It auto clears her as town instead of leaving room for error, just because it’s fool proof is upsetting your gambit Im sorry
Nah, you. If Fonti is a rolecop or roleblocker or does the night kill we literally gain nothing. All this leads to is wifom.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Like who argues for a no lynch inorder to waste a night of night actions where scum obviously just kill her or scum!Fonti just kills who she targets.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Odd and even night actions, how do you gather any of that. Information roles go before NK. Soooooo?

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I want Trisscar Trisscar to give me a readslist. I also want to hear thoughts from @#HBC | FrozeηFlame.
1. 3DSNinja / Z25
Previously on DBZ: Was quiet and didn't want to get lynched.
This time on DBZ: Vast majority of posts mention or focus on Xivii, bit odd despite the high posting gambit.

2. Jackrito
Not been here often, can understand if stuff is getting in the way, would like to see more though if they have time and energy.

3. Trisscar
*waves*

4. Fontisian
Lotta reaction or response posts in short form, quite a few unexplained statements, some good posts.

5. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
Not a lot of posts, still not certain.

6. Chaco
Lots of activity, townie concerns, lots of info.

7. Somitomi
Is not here, is making me sad as a result. :(

8. Darkpit54
Really wish I could filter out likes in the ISO.
A lot of the replies are agreeing with someone and then expanding on their post. Not sure if the expansions are good or bad from just ISO.

9. Raxxel/ Malakandra
Previously on DBZ: Agreed with Xivii to the point of overly flattering.
This time on DBZ: Lots of good player behavior, not a lot of useful content. Spent about 20 or so posts catching up though.

10. BoomFrog
.....Like filter plz.....
Has only really explained Frozen vote thus far, one of the reasons was "no interesting reads".

11. Xivii
Plan OP apparently. Curious where the maf will go now that the plan is revealed, if they were taken in by it originally, and if this isn't a rabbit hole. Least unless NSG/Somi/Frozen counterclaim, we know another role or that we don't have it.

12. LaserGuy
Only two pages of posts since signup thread (compared to five or more on most others), and some of those are likes. Could use more posting.
Lots of extraneous language.

13. NonSpecificGuy
Spends more time in social threads than in the game. Not a bad thing necessarily, just interesting.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sure, Give me a bit, I just have to finish a school assigbment

but why would scum honesty care? There’s way better places for them to be looking, him putting himself as chocolate narrows their pool for who can be the other prs.

if anything that’s anti town from zen imo.

Counter point:

Scum Zen could know for sure if chocolate is in or not if he is scum.

For example in token power, logic and I were scum and we knew that the tracker role was not in the game.

Scum zen could have a team mate that’s chocolate or the role itself and claimed it, knowing he couldn’t be countered. Therefore he would know he would be fine if that’s the case.
What.

No he couldn't, he literally could not know, that is my point.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
The whole reason I agreed to go with the idea that you are both town today is because I assumed Fonti was confirmable, and that would allow me to trust you both more after that had happened. How do you change your mind on how something is about mechanics? Either Fonti is confirmable by mechanics, or she isn't?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
The whole reason I agreed to go with the idea that you are both town today is because I assumed Fonti was confirmable, and that would allow me to trust you both more after that had happened. How do you change your mind on how something is about mechanics? Either Fonti is confirmable by mechanics, or she isn't?
She's cleared to me based on the timing of her claim.

Other day thought she could be cleared by voy/tracker but after our discussion realized she can't. So vote me if that's the only thing holding you back

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Like, its my bad for trusting ya'll about the mechanics, I'm not great at how night action interactions work. So could someone break me down whether or not Fonti is actually confirmable by mechanics?

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Other day thought she could be cleared by voy/tracker but after our discussion realized she can't. So vote me if that's the only thing holding you back
My agreement isn't whats holding me back from voting you. If Fonti is confirmable, voting you would be a bad play.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Fonti, if visitor, can have their target seen, and if their target is watched can have that visit be seen, I think. That would require their target to confirm that nothing happened to them.
Tend to agree this might be a waste of resources unless we have no better plan though.

Top Bottom