• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

fontisian

Smash Champion
Sure, I got a bit frustrated. They are scumreading me for my last slots actions, and decided my first real game post wasn't good enough for them, while ignoring my other posts and my readlist that was made at that point. I was frustrated so I responded. I realized after I posted that they were justified in their posts from their perspective, and that I was taking things too seriously.

I should of said what Im going to say now.

FF, care to give your thoughts on my other posts besides my first post?
This is also pretty town. Something I see a lot from scum players is a "caught for the wrong reasons" mentality. Like, "yes, I am mafia, but I would have done x as town too, how dare you push me for that." The beginning of this post kind of has that shape to it, as mala was frustatrated at being judged by what Raxxel did, but the followup, where he acknowledges that the perspective is valid and realized he needed to back down, doesn't fit into that mindset at all. It's genuine reconsideration and game solving.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
Why hide your reads?
You went on quite a bit about Frozen for not wanting to get into them. So why hide the rest of your reads?

It comes off as you trying to buy time to formulate better and more townie sounded thoughts or that you don’t have any actually content for them despite talking them up.
This honestly, is why I pushed fonti so hard to get them to explain things. It looks very weird otherwise.

I mean, my theory is after the stuff you posted, scum could check what they have, and make a pretty good guess about the presence of chocolate in the game. For instance if they have 0 Ninja used then they know theres not a chocolate that can CC right?
This is actually a very solid point, it could be created as a safe claim at that point. Good catch.
This means that Xivii cannot be mafia, btw. If the scumteam has 2 ninja shots, they wouldn't know if they were just dealing with a visitor or if there is both a chocolate and a traitor, so it wouldn't be safe for Xivii to claim chocolate. If the scumteam has 1 ninja shot, they wouldn't know if the setup was 1 visitor and 1 traitor or 1 chocolate, so it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. And if the scumteam has 3 ninja shots, they would know there is both a chocolate and a visitor, and it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. The scumteam cannot have zero ninja shots, because of my role.
So the scumteam has 3 or 2 ninja shots depending on if there is a traitor. Welp.
I read it incorrectly. I thought it said there couldn't be a traitor, visitor, and chocolate. So I thought if there was a visitor then we were confirmed to not have a traitor.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that ninja was just a modifier and not a slot? So the true count of ninja shots would be divorced from all other rolls in the game?

Alright, going with the assumption that Xivii and Fonti are town for today, or atleast are off the yeet pool, that leaves me with the people I'd yeet (when did yeet become a thing I love it)
To my admittedly unspecific memory, became a thing less than a year ago. Agreed, it's a wonderful word. :)

Say what you want about the Ninja play, but it adds up and it’s literally why he left. Ninja doesn’t understand that he isn’t lynched because he posts, he was lynched because he made a lot of mistakes like mixing info up or just straight up not contributing to the games he was in.

Am I best? No, I’ve only been scum 3 times, but I’ve played enough town games to have a good grasp on what makes good scum. My
Plays as scum are flawless but if any mistake I could make, it definitely wouldn’t be me tmi someone. But that’s not something I could prove as factual even though it is. Regardless I still stand my case so far.
Was he lynched in a few other games that we aren't aware of? People seem to be under the impression that it's all stemming from Sumthing.

Your plays as scum are "flawless" are they? Do tell. ;)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Friend, my role is confirmable. Fakeclaiming here as scum would be outing.
This was what I was battling with. But I still voyeur should be on you double nights before claiming you clear. That way it cant be muddied up with you as an RB and targeting a specific person once and then you be clear. Fully inclined to believe your claim, but this 100% confirms it with meta of the game and 100% clears you and Xivii at the same time. So in my eyes is not a waste at all of Voy for two nights. Cause that confirms 4 people in two night phases. Masons, visitor, and chocolate, while Neo can still work freely on their own. Sets us up for a mass claim D3 to town victory.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The issue is the odd-night roleblocker, meaning you could either fake claim being rb'd, or truly be roleblocked, both of which would prevent confirmation until toMorrow night. I'm still inclined to believe your claim overall, however
100% vibing with you, DarkPit. The post I just made was done before I saw this.

so you’d be in agreement double night Voy on chosen target for Fonti’s visitor?

Scum won’t risk interfering with target of this cause Voy sitting on them, and as long as we do not run into any isssues where one of the masons have to claim, we are solid

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I was under the impression that ninja was just a modifier and not a slot? So the true count of ninja shots would be divorced from all other rolls in the game?
It is just a modifier, but the amount is dependent on the other roles in the game:

It is also known that the number of ninja shots that the Mafia have. If a visitor is present, the Mafia get 2 extra ninja shots. If a Chocolate Townie is present, then the Mafia get 1 extra ninja shot. If a Traitor is present, the Mafia get 1 less ninja shot.

100% vibing with you, DarkPit. The post I just made was done before I saw this.

so you’d be in agreement double night Voy on chosen target for Fonti’s visitor?

Scum won’t risk interfering with target of this cause Voy sitting on them, and as long as we do not run into any isssues where one of the masons have to claim, we are solid
100% agree with this

Based on booms random Frozen vote, I could see both of them being scum there.
So the plan is to vote Boom and have neap, voyeur and Fonti hit Frozen?

Chaco

Never Logs In
We have 7 and a half hours to yeet, unless we get extension

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Just caught up. Lol, looks like it's past time to explain my FrozenFlame vote.

Still deeply suspicious of Xivii. The claim came late enough that he could be confident of no counter claim even without ninja math. Xivii Xivii , why didn't you claim earlier?

Trisscar Trisscar , my understand is that the visitor traitor and chocolate presence are random (or secretly decided by mod?) then the mafia gets one shot of Ninja +1 per extra town role, -1 for traitor.

i believe Fonti's claim. More later gtg

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I think if both Zen and NSG were mafia this could be a thing. I did something similar in my second game as mafia where I was scum with a very experienced and crafty player. Both of my scummates jumped on me early D1 but then coached me on how to diffuse the situation and left all of us in very good shape.

Why do you find it surprising that over the course of a week with a huge amount of additional game content my read on NSG would change? I never had him at more than scum lean. My read on Ranmaru last game went from top scum to strong Town in the span of an hour. Likewise, I voted Chaco on page 2 shortly after I voted NSG, and he is now my top Town this game. This feels like you're just throwing shade.

If I understand Xivii's reasoning, it isn't so much that his case on me was particularly strong, but that his meta on me is that I respond poorly to pressure as mafia and if I were scum, he would have been able to pick up.

Nothing to say about this other than it also made me laugh.

Can you explain?
Well as I said, I just played with scum zen and his motto was leave no teammate behind. He played it very smart and didn’t really go after his teammates as potential scum. He knows how to play it off well.

And true your reads can change over time that’s pretty fair. I actually was iffy on Cha early on, but their content got better and better as I read through.

So I understand that process completely. I just found it interesting how fast you were to change things based on a small note. Doesn’t mean your scum, but your right about changing your opinions in games fast.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This honestly, is why I pushed fonti so hard to get them to explain things. It looks very weird otherwise.

To my admittedly unspecific memory, became a thing less than a year ago. Agreed, it's a wonderful word. :)

Was he lynched in a few other games that we aren't aware of? People seem to be under the impression that it's all stemming from Sumthing.

Your plays as scum are "flawless" are they? Do tell. ;)
Lol that was meant to say aren’t always flawless.

And in any game I’ve played with ninja recently( I think he’s been in 2 or 3) he was always targeted day one and kinda of dog piled tbh, which again his word choices didn’t help him but I don’t think he figured that out.

Which led to him being pretty frustrated with the game as a whole, and why he feels the way he does now.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Chaco Chaco and BoomFrog BoomFrog we should get an extension, as we have 7 votes for one, the amount needed:

Vote: Extension
Vote Extension
Vote Extension
Vote:Extension
I can't self target. :/

I'll pick someone else before eod.
What if we had Tracker on you and Voyeur on you as well. We could potentially see if you visit who you said or if you get roleblocked. Not necessarily sure it'll work, but it's an idea

fontisian

Smash Champion
I don't want to direct the Tracker. They should be able to do what they want, and force scum to use thr ninja shots if they don't want to be detected.

Like, what's better, the Tracker targetting me, or the tracker targetting someone else and seeing them target me?

fontisian

Smash Champion
This game should be pretty damn easy. We have five prs out of thirteen players. If the Neapolitan lives to Day 3, they can clear two more people, at which point a majority of the game is cleared and we're mechanically locked to win. Failing that, if we can literally just clear two people behaviorally, we still win.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Chaco Chaco and BoomFrog BoomFrog we should get an extension, as we have 7 votes for one, the amount needed:

What if we had Tracker on you and Voyeur on you as well. We could potentially see if you visit who you said or if you get roleblocked. Not necessarily sure it'll work, but it's an idea
gotcha. And no I like this, this is triple threat. Gives us 100% confirmation, cause if you were roleblocker, it outs you innediately and saves a night phase. If someone else gets RBd and interferes we still have the other as confirmation.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
What.

Why?

He said he didn't want to be yeeted, so he wouldn't post, but he wasn't yeeted in his last game, he was killed by a bounced mafia kill.
Yah, its not rational, but it makes sense from his perspective. He wanted to live to the next day, saw the issue of him dying early as him posting a lot, so set out to fix that. I think its a shame, and hope next game he'll post, but I don't feel its alignment indicative for Ninja.

Chaco

Never Logs In
gotcha. And no I like this, this is triple threat. Gives us 100% confirmation, cause if you were roleblocker, it outs you innediately and saves a night phase. If someone else gets RBd and interferes we still have the other as confirmation.
Wait. Voy detects actions so, never mind, it isn’t needed, tracker would just confirm that you visited and Voy would determine that target had a visit action performed.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I'm going hiking today, so won't be able to post. My case in short on FF is that his reads list was way too safe. All the lurkers at the bottom. No interesting reads on anyone. Also, he wasn't annoyed by Xivii's antics. Xivii's style this Day makes it hard to read him since he spills wine on every post. That should annoy anyone who is actually trying to sort him. I'll go back and grab quotes and do a proper case later.

Have a good 4th. :)

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
I have very little time today. I will probably lock in a vote in a few hours but I'm really hoping that extension goes through. I could probably get behind the Boom lynch but it's not my first choice. No idea where VC is at.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I'm going hiking today, so won't be able to post. My case in short on FF is that his reads list was way too safe. All the lurkers at the bottom. No interesting reads on anyone. Also, he wasn't annoyed by Xivii's antics. Xivii's style this Day makes it hard to read him since he spills wine on every post. That should annoy anyone who is actually trying to sort him. I'll go back and grab quotes and do a proper case later.
That is standard play with FF.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Oh **** Extension vote was for an actual extension not a player. My brain may in fact be on holiday right now.

Just in case it's needed for whatever weird reason.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’m about to be intermittently out for the rest of the day. I’ll have my phone of course and may randomly check in, but prob won’t do anything but quick post.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
I like Choco's plan.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin If the visitor is roleblocked and tracked, will the tracker get a result of the intended visitor target?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This is scummy. Why would we waste the tracker here.
I was going to say, I've never seen a tracker get an actual hit. You have to very good at scum hunting and lucky to catch the NK. And we know that scum have a surplus of ninja shots if we really have visitor and chocolate. But there is the point that RBer will also be active tonight, so that's two roles that could be caught. So, I won't say the tracker should definitely target Fonti. They should make their own decision so that mafia have to consider using their ninja shots. But the tracker should know their options.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Xivii, why didn't you claim earlier?
Xivii Xivii , the fact that you ignored this question really feels like you are scum trying to push an agenda instead of engaging with me. You are acting like either you are scum, or you are 100% sure I am scum and have zero consideration that I could be town and you should try and get me on board to work together.

Why did you ignore this question originally?
Why did you you wait so long to claim chocolate?
Do you think everyone should 100% believe your claim even through LYLO?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
We have about nine hours until eod.

Do players get told if they are roleblocked?

BoomFrog BoomFrog who do you think we should yeet today? Same question to Chaco Chaco and fontisian fontisian

Also can someone explain the shift away from Jack and Somi? I understand the argument for Boom and Frozen but I don't really see how either of them are scummier than these two

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
Vote BoomFrog

Mostly just trusting Xivii and fonti. Z25 or somi slots are also fine with me. I have limited availability today... Probably just quick posts on phone now and then.

UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin could we get a VC?

Top Bottom