• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
No crumbs no, but to be fair I typically crumb as mafia and plan my claim at the beginning of the game.

Mala, along with the other posts where I push him.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Alright soooo you die before endgame. Situation dependent.

Then again, your Lynch gives us the most info out of any slot

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'll check back to make sure in just a second, but the timing of that claim felt off. He did claim immediately after Chaco gave the most compelling reason to claim, so I'll give him points for that.

I'm chocolate.
Why do I feel skeptical of this?
The tonal shift is interesting (and very jarring lol). Xivii's been fairly longwinded all game and the delivery of his most important information only got a two word post lmao. Not sure that's indicative of anything but it's definitely the first thing that I noticed.

So based on whether or not there is a visitor claim, we may be able to determine the number of nin shots and whether there is a traitor. Visitor should 100% claim.
There's the possibility of a traitor simply from your existence, would a visitor mean that one is definite? Firmly agree that a visitor should claim if they exist regardless.

I think it should be taken as null, and that his statement about it being difficult for scum to coordinate is fakeable
Alright, that's understandable. I'll keep that in mind.

I mean I kinda wanna think there’s no way ever he would take the risk to claim chocolate D1 and run the potential of a CC, even with an odd of it not being in the game. Ballsy as hell if so.
I'm almost positive there won't be a counterclaim, and I'm sure scum Xivii would also feel confident about this. There have been plenty of opportunities to claim, and Mala's point makes a lot of sense as well. Not saying we should disregard his claim entirely, but I think this is a gambit that scum could easily play as well.

In other news, I'm feeling better 3ds/Z25's slot, but I'll wait to make a full read on them.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Just saw fonti's visitor claim, that can be confirmed by the voyeur, right?

fontisian

Smash Champion
This means that Xivii cannot be mafia, btw. If the scumteam has 2 ninja shots, they wouldn't know if they were just dealing with a visitor or if there is both a chocolate and a traitor, so it wouldn't be safe for Xivii to claim chocolate. If the scumteam has 1 ninja shot, they wouldn't know if the setup was 1 visitor and 1 traitor or 1 chocolate, so it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. And if the scumteam has 3 ninja shots, they would know there is both a chocolate and a visitor, and it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. The scumteam cannot have zero ninja shots, because of my role.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Xivii, I don't feel like those stack up with your push on Laser evenly at all. For one I felt your change of mind on Ex was more justified, in my skim they were doing a lot more than laserguy, they made posts that you agreed with and the like. Where as on Laserguy you put a lot more into pushing him, and seemed to back off for a much weaker reason of him not giving up, as well as I suppose you claiming you were just doing it to get the ball rolling. I also feel like you jumped around a lot less day 1 there, but it was also a smaller game.

For anyone who wants to check

Xivii in Token on why EX is bad before changing mind: 1 2 3 4 5

Xivii in here on why Laser is bad before changing mind: 1 2 3 4

He's got a few more that indirectly go for Laser, but he probably does in Token that I missed too. I think even with one less I could easily find, the effort and conviction I get from the ones on Laser, especially 4, are far different than your posts on EX xivii.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
This means that Xivii cannot be mafia, btw. If the scumteam has 2 ninja shots, they wouldn't know if they were just dealing with a visitor or if there is both a chocolate and a traitor, so it wouldn't be safe for Xivii to claim chocolate. If the scumteam has 1 ninja shot, they wouldn't know if the setup was 1 visitor and 1 traitor or 1 chocolate, so it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. And if the scumteam has 3 ninja shots, they would know there is both a chocolate and a visitor, and it wouldn't be safe to claim chocolate. The scumteam cannot have zero ninja shots, because of my role.
if you are both telling the truth, does that confirm the presence of a traitor?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
So the scumteam has 3 or 2 ninja shots depending on if there is a traitor. Welp.
There's the possibility of a traitor simply from your existence, would a visitor mean that one is definite? Firmly agree that a visitor should claim if they exist regardless.
I read it incorrectly. I thought it said there couldn't be a traitor, visitor, and chocolate. So I thought if there was a visitor then we were confirmed to not have a traitor.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii, I don't feel like those stack up with your push on Laser evenly at all.
Your point was that I suddenly dropped a strong push. This is typical of me and I did it to ExLight there. I went so far as to claim I was ready to end the day with his lynch and then a few posts later had him as my top town read. So my progression isn't alignment indicative.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
It just depends on what I'm going for.
Why so?
How is it different from Oasis?

@ Mala my push on Laser was mainly to just get things going.
If your push was successful, a lynch on NSG when you had very little to go off of, you would look very bad and likely go next.

As for jack:
https://smashboards.com/threads/oasis-mafia-over.503643/page-45

he doesn’t have the same snark he does in this game. For example on that page he keeps it calm and weighs things more, making his thoughts feel more calculated. Here I see the raw uncut version of Jack content personally.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Why do you think it would?
The quote Chaco posted earlier, I remember something about Traitor being linked to both chocolate and Visitor. I think it was that if traitor was there they both would be. I'm questioning if we think it works the other way around too.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Your point was that I suddenly dropped a strong push. This is typical of me and I did it to ExLight there. I went so far as to claim I was ready to end the day with his lynch and then a few posts later had him as my top town read. So my progression isn't alignment indicative.
My point is that your content and push on Laser were a lot stronger and looked more certain and more effort here, something you pointed out. And you dropped the push for not a great reason. This is contrary to the Exlight situation you referred me too. I feel this is odd progression, and that is not.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I feel this is odd progression, and that is not.
ExLight strongest scumread for all of D1. Suddenly drop it and he's my top town read. I think that progression is more odd than my Laser progression and why I don't think your reasoning is in good faith.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Xivii Xivii , do you think scum!Male keep pushing you after you claim chocolate? He'd know that a visitor is in the setup, and that the 0-ninja theory he posted was going to get destroyed. I think his push and his thoughts about the setup are genuine.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I don't see how you can compare your posts on Exlight, to your posts on Laser in good faith. I can't read your mind, so all I have to look at is the posts, and the posts don't match up with what you are saying IMO.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I would ask everyone to compare the posts I linked, and make your own conclusions on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What if he was my partner. I think you slipped that you know he is town.
That’s quite a stretch, especially coming from the man claiming a town oriented role.

If he was your partner you wouldn’t bring attention to him, as again you more then anyone else know newbies go first. Hence why ninja swapped out, he has that same mindset.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I'm assuming this is to me. Its a case of whether I believe Fonti or not. I think you two are most likely the same alignment here because of that.
Friend, my role is confirmable. Fakeclaiming here as scum would be outing.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I'll assume she's town when she's been confirmed. I think its incredibly risky to claim visitor, but there are ways out of that, and it after last game I could see Fonti making the play.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
This is interesting and very well thought out. If voyeur verifies you, Xivii is also pretty much cleared. This plus the masons would be four confirmed town (mason cc's would make the real ones obvious within a lynch lol). If Neap finds a VT, we'll have 6 soft-confirmed townies out of 11 (five if one gets killed :( ) which is really good, right? I think Fonti should definitely say who she'll be visiting so voyeur can confirm, unless anyone has a better course of action. You can visit me if you want, but I don't really think it will make a difference.

So the scumteam has 3 or 2 ninja shots depending on if there is a traitor. Welp
Scum definitely knows if there's a traitor now rip. Oh well ig

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
That’s quite a stretch, especially coming from the man claiming a town oriented role.

If he was your partner you wouldn’t bring attention to him, as again you more then anyone else know newbies go first. Hence why ninja swapped out, he has that same mindset.
If I believe newbies are likely to go out first then if he was my partner wouldn't I be likely to bus him?

Also I lead the Hando lynch in the last game so I think that disproves your theory that I wouldn't push a player as scum just because the flip would make me look bad.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Town:
fonti
Xivii
Darkpit54
Raxxel/Malakandra
NonSpecificGuy
Trisscar

Kind of town:
Chaco
BoomFrog
FrozeηFlame
Jackrito

Not town:
Somitomi
LaserGuy
3DS/Z25

Also, hi, Z25, nice work on catching up, it's good to play with you, I'll most likely kill you in the morning.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
However I don't think its a good idea to lynch Xivii or Fonti here, to make that clear.

fontisian

Smash Champion
However I don't think its a good idea to lynch Xivii or Fonti here, to make that clear.
Work under the assumption we're both town for Today, please. It will help your hunting, and if it's wrong, you'll know that tomorrow anyway.

Also, the only way out of a fake visitor claim would be murdering the masons before they can say anything, I while I have a decent record of n1 cop sniping, I'm not /that/ confident in my abilities. And it would force my scumteam to kill the masons before the neap, which is suboptimal.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I believe newbies are likely to go out first then if he was my partner wouldn't I be likely to bus him?

Also I lead the Hando lynch in the last game so I think that disproves your theory that I wouldn't push a player as scum just because the flip would make me look bad.
Your team last game was also me, bessie, and sabrar.

Your known for lynching me twice as scum and early on, yet you put no suspicion on me early on in that game. Your goal was to keep your whole team alive. And you know I usually get voted day one, so yes you would keep a risky player alive if they were your teammate.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Work under the assumption we're both town for Today, please. It will help your hunting, and if it's wrong, you'll know that tomorrow anyway.

Also, the only way out of a fake visitor claim would be murdering the masons before they can say anything, I while I have a decent record of n1 cop sniping, I'm not /that/ confident in my abilities. And it would force my scumteam to kill the masons before the neap, which is suboptimal.
I'll work under that for today, but only under the condition Deadbananas Deadbananas gives me another donut if Im right again lol.

Correct me if I'm wrong, not that used to the role. But couldn't you failing to visit someone be excused also by the roleblocker?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Friend, my role is confirmable. Fakeclaiming here as scum would be outing.
The issue is the odd-night roleblocker, meaning you could either fake claim being rb'd, or truly be roleblocked, both of which would prevent confirmation until toMorrow night. I'm still inclined to believe your claim overall, however

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Town:
fonti
Xivii
Darkpit54
Raxxel/Malakandra
NonSpecificGuy
Trisscar

Kind of town:
Chaco
BoomFrog
FrozeηFlame
Jackrito

Not town:
Somitomi
LaserGuy
3DS/Z25

Also, hi, Z25, nice work on catching up, it's good to play with you, I'll most likely kill you in the morning.
Bold statement, I like it, but why?

Are you viewing me based on ninjas bad defense of himself or my posts so far?

Top Bottom