• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

ExLight

Smash Lord
anyone wanna give me the tl;dr or will you really make me read 800 posts

fontisian

Smash Champion
Vote Xivii

I feel this is right today. I don't trust Xivii, and this should give us either a clear on Fonti, or a lot of evidence against Fonti. As well as more information on others.

Also Xivii should actually see this and might respond to post #776

Trisscar

Smash Ace
ExLight ExLight

1. 3DSNinja / Z25
Previously on DBZ: Was quiet and didn't want to get lynched.
This time on DBZ: Vast majority of posts mention or focus on Xivii, bit odd despite the high posting gambit.

2. Jackrito
Not been here often, can understand if stuff is getting in the way, would like to see more though if they have time and energy.

3. Trisscar
*waves*

4. Fontisian
Lotta reaction or response posts in short form, quite a few unexplained statements, some good posts.

5. #HBC | FrozeηFlame
Not a lot of posts, still not certain.

6. Chaco
Lots of activity, townie concerns, lots of info.

7. Somitomi
Is not here, is making me sad as a result. :(

8. Darkpit54
Really wish I could filter out likes in the ISO.
A lot of the replies are agreeing with someone and then expanding on their post. Not sure if the expansions are good or bad from just ISO.

9. Raxxel/ Malakandra
Previously on DBZ: Agreed with Xivii to the point of overly flattering.
This time on DBZ: Lots of good player behavior, not a lot of useful content. Spent about 20 or so posts catching up though.

10. BoomFrog
.....Like filter plz.....
Has only really explained Frozen vote thus far, one of the reasons was "no interesting reads".

11. Xivii
Plan OP apparently. Curious where the maf will go now that the plan is revealed, if they were taken in by it originally, and if this isn't a rabbit hole. Least unless NSG/Somi/Frozen counterclaim, we know another role or that we don't have it.

12. LaserGuy
Only two pages of posts since signup thread (compared to five or more on most others), and some of those are likes. Could use more posting.
Lots of extraneous language.

13. NonSpecificGuy
Spends more time in social threads than in the game. Not a bad thing necessarily, just interesting.

fontisian

Smash Champion
anyone wanna give me the tl;dr or will you really make me read 800 posts
Hi, I'm a fontisian, nice to meet you! I am the claimed visitor, Xivii is the claimed Chocolate, some people don't believe Xivii's claim and are trying to kill him, and I have been trying to explain why that's wrong. I would like to kill Frozen and I have a case against him in #791.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
I mean, I remembered it, because I reread to see who said they weren't chocolate before Xivii, like everyone who's saying Xivii is scum should be doing. You should have read it too, because you said "I feel this on a deep, deep level" to Chaco's
Why would you say and not go back through Xivii's posts looking for things about the Chocolate?
I felt the hangover on a deep deep level, as well as the gut response to Xiivi's claim being "hey I think xiivi mentioned something re: the chocolate in early game that I can't quite recall. I'm not going to re-read the thread hours before deadline to find something like that when I don't even think that slot should be the play

You also said "really solid take here" to Z's
and then immediately followed it up by talking about how the take was actually bad. The full quote was:

Meaning: "Hey, this is really good, but it's actually completely wrong, and Xivii is mafia for these reasons."
I'm not sure if you're deliberately trying to strawman me or just being dense. Z25 was essentially saying that xiivi is a strong enough player to pull of a good early claim regardless of alignment. I agreed with the take because it acknowledges that tho I tend toward xiivi's claim being legit, he is fully capable of setting up for a choco fake claim in a setup like this as a scum PR and we should absolutely not count the possibility of something of that out down the line

your entire attack on me just seems to be a bunch of comparing me to this mythical platonic form of me that you've concocted based on your expectations of me derived from other veteran players from this site simply saying that I'm a strong player, I find it very confusing

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I think Xivii's flip would 100% yield the most information, but I don't think it's the play for today as Fonti can easily be cleared within to nights, taking him by extension

fontisian

Smash Champion
Ok, here's what will happen if we go with Chaco's plan:
I. I will target Trisscar.
2. The voyeur will target me.
3. The tracker will target me.
4. The roleblocker will target me and use a ninja shot.
5. The tracker will see nothing, because I was roleblocked.
6. The voyeur will see nothing, because the roleblocker used a ninja shot.
7. The will be no confirmation, and everyone will freak out Tomorrow.

Like, you guys get this, right? It's better if we leave the tracker's actions up to their discretion, because then both roleblock and the night kill have to be made with ninja shots, or scum risk me getting cleared or them getting caught.

ExLight

Smash Lord
making plans during for N1 is kinda stupid since mafia can easily disrupt them

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Is this what that post was about, or is this saying you once again have changed your mind on a mechanical clear.
Does it really matter if you believe this:
My agreement isn't whats holding me back from voting you. If Fonti is confirmable, voting you would be a bad play.
(in the middle of trying to catch up on all these posts btw lol)

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Can other people request that Ex state whether or not he is visitor so he doesn't think I'm trying to trick him.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Does it really matter if you believe this:

(in the middle of trying to catch up on all these posts btw lol)
It does, because I need to trust you. and I can't trust you about whether confirmability is an option if you keep changing your mind wihtout explaining what your idea was in the first place.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Can other people request that Ex state whether or not he is visitor so he doesn't think I'm trying to trick him.
Welcome Ex! Please claim if you are Visitor or Chocolate lol

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Multiple people are saying different things Xivii. Fonti and you were saying you can't be confirmed night 1.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I felt the hangover on a deep deep level, as well as the gut response to Xiivi's claim being "hey I think xiivi mentioned something re: the chocolate in early game that I can't quite recall. I'm not going to re-read the thread hours before deadline to find something like that when I don't even think that slot should be the play

I'm not sure if you're deliberately trying to strawman me or just being dense. Z25 was essentially saying that xiivi is a strong enough player to pull of a good early claim regardless of alignment. I agreed with the take because it acknowledges that tho I tend toward xiivi's claim being legit, he is fully capable of setting up for a choco fake claim in a setup like this as a scum PR and we should absolutely not count the possibility of something of that out down the line

your entire attack on me just seems to be a bunch of comparing me to this mythical platonic form of me that you've concocted based on your expectations of me derived from other veteran players from this site simply saying that I'm a strong player, I find it very confusing
1. You wouldn't have had to reread the whole thread, you could have just searched for the words "chocolate" and "choco." It's pretty easy, tbh. At the very least you could have searched for "chocolate" is Xivii's posts.

2. You're saying that you think Xivii's claim is legit, when you agreed with Chaco on it being super sketchy a page ago. Your claimed view of it keeps changing.

3. Not really sure how to respond to the last part, but I don't think it's accurate. I do not have a specific idea of how I expected you to play, I am just looking at the content you are putting out and finding it scummy.

Trisscar

Smash Ace
I think town would very much appreciate if you stated whether you claimed visitor or chocolate tbf ExLight ExLight , it would clear up a few things to say the least.

Sudden flood of claim requests op. XD

Trisscar

Smash Ace
...Also assuming that Exlight claims neither chocolate or visitor, Fonti has rather convinced me.

Unvote
Vote: Frozen

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Male, but doesn't really matter.

I have no counterclaims to make, and I don't think we should lynch anyone that claimed.
Despite claiming D1 being really silly.
Thanks! I think these claims were helpful, as the aren't powerful at all but can confirm themselves and will help against scum claiming them after being neaped. I agree that they shouldn't be yeeted today lol

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
1. You wouldn't have had to reread the whole thread, you could have just searched for the words "chocolate" and "choco." It's pretty easy, tbh. At the very least you could have searched for "chocolate" is Xivii's posts.
So now I'm not scummy for having said that darkpit had a nice catch finding the post for us, I'm scummy for not having found it myself? Goalpost shift much?

2. You're saying that you think Xivii's claim is legit, when you agreed with Chaco on it being super sketchy a page ago. Your claimed view of it keeps changing.
My position on xiviis claim has not changed at all and any fair reading of my posts makes that obvious. I said I think the claim is probably legit but have serious reservations about it because of xivii being a player fully capable of planning this exact fake claim

3. Not really sure how to respond to the last part, but I don't think it's accurate. I do not have a specific idea of how I expected you to play, I am just looking at the content you are putting out and finding it scummy.
and youre articulated reasoning is "he isn't re-reading to the level I would expect of a player of his alleged caliber, he is a better player than what he's contributing." That's what I mean when I say you're comparing me to the platonic town!frozen and finding me scummy for perceived deviations from a baseline you have no direct experience with, its frankly bizarre

fontisian

Smash Champion
town
fonti
Xivii
Darkpit
Mala
Chaco

kind of town
Z25
NSG
Trisscar

not town
Jackrito
Boomfrog
ExLight
Laserguy

very not town
Frozen

If Frozen flips mafia, bump Z25 and ExLight up to town.

ExLight

Smash Lord
not town
Jackrito
Boomfrog
ExLight
Laserguy

very not town
Frozen

If Frozen flips mafia, bump Z25 and ExLight up to town.
lol I know I usually look scummy but why am I a scum lean and how am I even related to Frozen

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Fonti, I see your points on FF. I don't agree with all of them, I think the part about scum power roles could come from either perspective, and the part about agreeing with Z then disagreeing looks to me more like acknowledging sound logic, but providing an alternate explanation. Could you try to explain the part about the scum power roles again? To me it just looks like role analysis.

fontisian

Smash Champion
So now I'm not scummy for having said that darkpit had a nice catch finding the post for us, I'm scummy for not having found it myself? Goalpost shift much?

My position on xiviis claim has not changed at all and any fair reading of my posts makes that obvious. I said I think the claim is probably legit but have serious reservations about it because of xivii being a player fully capable of planning this exact fake claim

and youre articulated reasoning is "he isn't re-reading to the level I would expect of a player of his alleged caliber, he is a better player than what he's contributing." That's what I mean when I say you're comparing me to the platonic town!frozen and finding me scummy for perceived deviations from a baseline you have no direct experience with, its frankly bizarre
No.

My point is that you are trying to get other people to yeet Xivii without doing the dirty work yourself. You're saying you think he could be scum, but you aren't acting like you believe it, it's just words to you. You talked about roles from a mafia pov. And your language choice sounds like pocketing.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
I think Xivii's flip would 100% yield the most information, but I don't think it's the play for today as Fonti can easily be cleared within to nights, taking him by extension
see I agree, but Fonti herself seems to think she can't be cleared, and I think a Xivii, Fonti scum team is incredibly powerful and dangerous to leave alive and totally trusting for longer.

Top Bottom