• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Chaco, here's Xivii's scummate analysis:
Scummate Analysis
O = Potential Scummates
X = Unlikely Scummates
X = Not Scummates

(No Pun Intended)

X Malakandra and Laser

The hard defense of Laser and overtly stating that he followed him on the Frozen wagon and that he wanted to avoid a switch onto him is possible to come from a scummate, but it would be some 5-D level of scum play. Considering that Mala's first forum game of mafia consisted of two scummates hard town reading each other though, I don't think it's entirely outside the realm of possibility.

30% Scummates

X Malakandra and Chaco
I don't think this line comes from a scummate. I said above that it's possible for Mala to play in a way where he town reads his mates, but the difference between his treatment of Laser and Chaco is that he is being straight on with what actually makes him townie. Whereas with Laser, it was more of an indirect conclusion based on the votes on him (from ExLight and Jack).

0% Scummates

X Malakandra and Z25

The interaction between these two throughout the game has been organic. There is no distancing from either player. Z25 interprets my play as trying to manipulate Rax. Mala hard defends Z25/Ninja. And Z's response to my Rajam/Mala case does not look informed.

0% Scummates

So, Mala is only scum with LaserGuy, and even that is unlikely. Later on, I'll look at:

Chaco and Laser
Z25 and Laser
Chaco and Z25
It pretty much points to Laser

I think for my sanity I have to believe that Chaco and Ex are town, and hope that today isn't LyLo, so we can yeet Z tomorrow if we're wrong

Vote: Laser

I think I feel comfortable enough to put my vote there for now

Chaco

Never Logs In
Basically my thoughts as well. I was gonna see what we could get out of him, however, tbr Im comfortable with lynching now though. Mala took priority over laser yesterDay cause I just that big disconnect in how he acted versus should have acted. Plus Xivii made a compelling case on him as well, but I think everyone can agree that it’s most likely Laser. His post start of day was lackluster and still trying to pony up you and Ex to his banner, so I’d say off that move alone he is scum.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Laser is a fairly inactive slot as well, so I doubt that we will really get much new off of him toDay.

Z has to much natural feel to him, he reminds me a lot of my style, and that’s hard to fake.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I do think laser is likeliest, but right now I can’t really re read. Because my internet company keeps Deciding not to work. I’ve been losing about 3 hours a day of internet everyday. I can barely view the site currently. When I do have it fully back, I want to finish re reading Zen’s thoughts on Laser and then the other potential scum. I’m still leaning Laser atm though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Gah, I always come back to these posts. I just can't picture scumbuddies Laser and Z making these. They feel too...standoffish I guess?

DP, Exlight, Xivii, Chaco, what do you guys think of these?
I’m wanting to know what relevance this poses, because obviously one relevance. Who was he defending here? It’s almost indistinguishable.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Did I outright call you scum? No, your jumping to conclusions. Ex is still a problem slot and their claim is super easy to fake. But i still think Ran is the better play.

But pretending to be drunk would not only be stupid from the perspective of Ex( as if he thinks that will clear him, that makes no damn sense)

But stupid from an outside perspective as there are better reasons to yeet him then something pointless. Your case in that post also didn’t bother to mention either of those two cases you quoted. So if that was your oush

why?

Posture? What the hell does that even mean?
This is a red flag post. Asks about why Xiv voted Mala.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I’m wanting to know what relevance this poses, because obviously one relevance. Who was he defending here? It’s almost indistinguishable.
Uh in this I think he was trying to make laser look slightly bad but I’m not sure if it’s for distancing or misdirecting

Chaco

Never Logs In
I’ve made so many posts that I do t remember this word for word, but i believe it was something like a townie would have more confusion as a reaction because they don’t have access to everyone’s alignment.

However thinking about that confusion, the pr soft claims could have worked to create a more natural perspective from that confusion as they would think they know who is who and be able to plan around that. But that’s more conjecture. Overall confusion does come from both sides, so it’s not an end all be all tell. But at the time it looked more townie. But currently Mala has me reconsidering them with their sort of lack of contributing this phase. Im seeing a lot of reactions and questions but less actual takes based on the re read they were doing.
Safe stance here. Mirrored my major scum tell of Mala but this isn’t an actual push

Chaco

Never Logs In
Uh in this I think he was trying to make laser look slightly bad but I’m not sure if it’s for distancing or misdirecting
Right he painted them both town so much I can’t tell which direction he was going, but I think you’re right. I’m about reread Mala and see if he ever even heavily pushed Z as he claims beginning of Day. If not I think I may have it wrong and final scum is Z

Chaco

Never Logs In
Xivii - 0
Darkpit - 15
Exlight - 25
Chaco - 40
Laserguy - 50
Z25 - 50
Also I have finished re reading now. My percentages are still about the same, no shifts in ranking from the last posts I read. Currently willing to yeet laser or Z25. Leaning more towards Laser currently, put him 55% scum, since he has not been consistent with his recent reads, and I feel he is making up his reads on me since several of them have just had wrong information.
Ah, I think I've somewhat answered most of these.

Currently looking at Laser and Z25, yes I agree with yours posts on Exlight still. Looking at Laser for that reasons and a few others.
Chaco whats your read of Laser? What do you think of the argument for him being scum Xivii posted earlier
Not yet atleast. I currently feel we have the right pool for the most part, Atleast one of Z25 and Laser is scum, if not both. If it turns out one of them is the traitor or something, which I doubt, then we'll see. I used the essay last game because its the best way I knew how to convince people about a case in a text form.
I'm really not feeling a traitor at all now that I think about it.
Colors range from green being Traitor, to red being not a traitor

Xivii- Is a mason

DP - Has been super townie all game, don't think the position he is in would be good for traitor

Exlight - A lot of what looks like genuine confusion about the traitor role

Chaco - Some mechanical posts that seem to indicate knowledge I traitor would have that he doesn't

Z25 - Day 2 posts about traitor, and other behavior not likely traitor

Laserguy - Don't think traitor places the vote on the FF wagon when Laser did.
Why were you aiming for more nullTown this game when claim to be a vanilla town?
Should we do the thing we did last game where we declare who we are willing to vote for?

I'm willing to vote for Laser or Z currently.
Alright so Mala started painting them with an equal brush once PoE got lower and lower.

What’s interesting to me is Laser had some genuine push on Mala before it came down to it, and I don’t see that from Z.

Also as DP posted earlier in the game, Mala STATED he didn’t wanna try and swing on Laser D1. I don’t think scumMala does that with scumLaser. Also, Laser never tried to overly paint me town like Z and Mala did. So I’m really thinking that it’s Z now.
I’m continuing to glance through earlier posts before Mala knew that PoE was shrinking and see who he actually preferred. If he was on Laser wagon before ,when it was viable, it’s simple that Laser is not scum because Mala was always pushing forward the MLs basically running up numbers. I also have to look back at that.

I see much more genuine push from Laser on Mala atm. I have to keep reading. But I think it may be a Z25 yeet today.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 care to take a look with me when you get time?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Alright so Mala started painting them with an equal brush once PoE got lower and lower.

What’s interesting to me is Laser had some genuine push on Mala before it came down to it, and I don’t see that from Z.

Also as DP posted earlier in the game, Mala STATED he didn’t wanna try and swing on Laser D1. I don’t think scumMala does that with scumLaser. Also, Laser never tried to overly paint me town like Z and Mala did. So I’m really thinking that it’s Z now.
I’m continuing to glance through earlier posts before Mala knew that PoE was shrinking and see who he actually preferred. If he was on Laser wagon before ,when it was viable, it’s simple that Laser is not scum because Mala was always pushing forward the MLs basically running up numbers. I also have to look back at that.

I see much more genuine push from Laser on Mala atm. I have to keep reading. But I think it may be a Z25 yeet today.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 care to take a look with me when you get time?
right now I still have no service and these jackasses are coming till Friday earliest.

But let’s not. I was literally one of Zen’s town reads by the end of yesterday and this whole game has been about how well he knows my meta vs how well I know his.

I’ve got a question. Why did you ask Dark pit to re read with you but not Ex?

I can see why you didn’t ask me or laser but the fact you left out one of the more important players to get feedback from out is a little suss.

Not to mention your also perfectly fine with DP having a vote on Laser when the hammer could be super easy if there’s a traitor still. Or hell if people are just wrong on the laser slot in general and rush miss yeet him.

You not acknowledging that when you were trying to look town and now are trying to retract your own reads in the same vein that Mala did to push me, raises a million red flags.

ExLight ExLight LaserGuy LaserGuy how does Chaco look with what I’ve just Discussed here?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hmmm after a reread I think I’m trusting Zen here.

Vote Chaco

Chaco

Never Logs In
That was so OMGUS it’s not even funny. Like holy hell knee jerk reaction.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn’t ask Ex because Ex is rereading on his own currently and said he didn’t trust his reads this game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
You literally said I was impossible to be scum yesterday and flipped that fast? Like I’m not sure if that’s scummy or what? I can’t even with that response honestly.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Chaco, here's Xivii's scummate analysis:

It pretty much points to Laser

I think for my sanity I have to believe that Chaco and Ex are town, and hope that today isn't LyLo, so we can yeet Z tomorrow if we're wrong

Vote: Laser

I think I feel comfortable enough to put my vote there for now
didn’t Zen say Mala and Laser?
See above, he has Mala and Chaco at 30 percent chance. And on top of that, if you were to listen to Zen, he literally has me at 0 percent. It makes absolutely no sense to try and set up my lynch. This gives me big vibes to what Ran did the last game I played. Which granted I was scum then but I ain’t now and I’m still not going to accept an outcome where I’m lynched because there is no god damn reason to consider me at this point.
You literally said I was impossible to be scum yesterday and flipped that fast? Like I’m not sure if that’s scummy or what? I can’t even with that response honestly.
And you’ve literally being fairly ok with my slot but now your trying to set a lynch up. I’m not taking that **** when it can be do or die today and Laser makes way more sense.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
surprisingly reckless vote considering we might still be at -Lo
Which is why I’m surprised scum didn’t take my bait.

And yet look whose been missing today?

Laser and DP. And I’d bet on the later.

How do you view DP’s vote?

ExLight

Smash Lord
See above, he has Mala and Chaco at 30 percent chance. And on top of that, if you were to listen to Zen, he literally has me at 0 percent. It makes absolutely no sense to try and set up my lynch. This gives me big vibes to what Ran did the last game I played. Which granted I was scum then but I ain’t now and I’m still not going to accept an outcome where I’m lynched because there is no god damn reason to consider me at this point.
lol, no
you see above, orange is Mala and Laser

and even in one of his latest posts he says to go after Laser no matter what Mala flips

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Unvote

I did what I wanted to. I’d be very surprised if Scum didn’t try to join the laser wagon or mine on Chaco when almost everyone is here.

That tells me scum likely lies within those two more.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Unvote

I did what I wanted to. I’d be very surprised if Scum didn’t try to join the laser wagon or mine on Chaco when almost everyone is here.

That tells me scum likely lies within those two more.
do you realize that whoever votes also gets shoved in a PoE in -Lo if no hammer happens right

ExLight

Smash Lord
lol, no

and even in one of his latest posts he says to go after Laser no matter what Mala flips
this kinda annoys me greatly because it shows you’re not even bothering to read properly the post of the person you’re supposedly parroting

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
lol, no

My mistake then, but that wasn’t my full intent. I also literally can’t see the color of half of the page atm.

Anyway then what do you think of the idea of Chaco trying to push me when the best play would be to listen to the literal mason who had enough time to really re-evaluate everyone, and told us where to go. Because Laser would more likely hit scum then traitor if it’s even at play which is questionable atm.

So what do you think or other pushes being made?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
do you realize that whoever votes also gets shoved in a PoE in -Lo if no hammer happens right
I’m fully aware, but logically thinking would it really make sense for me to be there?

Our poe shouldn’t that large. I still stand by the full reasoning that Laser did not get hammered, means he’s likely scum. It points in the direction of no traitor.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
this kinda annoys me greatly because it shows you’re not even bothering to read properly the post of the person you’re supposedly parroting
Well I explained why on that, but this is also coming from the same person who opened today talking about how they ****ed up and would look scummy. So if your town, you can see that perspective that being wrong doesn’t mean scum.

ExLight

Smash Lord
Well I explained why on that, but this is also coming from the same person who opened today talking about how they ****ed up and would look scummy. So if your town, you can see that perspective that being wrong doesn’t mean scum.
lol, throwing me back in the PoE aren’t you?

and not even reading (you’d’ve noticed which pair was each percentage if you had) =\= reading and coming to the wrong conclusions

is this aggressiveness something irl going on rn or are you panicking? noone is even voting you and we have most of the phase to go

I’m fully aware, but logically thinking would it really make sense for me to be there?

Our poe shouldn’t that large. I still stand by the full reasoning that Laser did not get hammered, means he’s likely scum. It points in the direction of no traitor.
Hammer would only happen if traitor was around

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don’t even know

I kinda just want to go with Xivii and lynch Laser
I agree I think it makes the most sense. Laser’s original reads felts fabricated and like there wasn’t much to go off of them, and even when they do their wall of posts it still comes off as distant enough for him to justify pushing one way without it being to scummy. Zen Knows everyone’s metas really well also. So I trust his view. I actually really liked a point Zen made earlier, where he questioned why Laser had gone and started vote counting. Something he hasnt done previously. That pinged me a lot because I’ve seen scum use that same tactic to look town. Which made me think of how it’s a gimmick to a degree like His emoji one as scum previously. While he argued that it would be something he would do as a townie, scum would just as easily want to manipulate this gimmicks to look town. That’s been my thoughts.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That’s what I’m tying to figure out Ex, like me rereading him caused all of this?
Z you and Laser have always been the PoE. That’s nothing new. I was trying to figure out amongst you which is most likely yesterDay before ultimately deciding Mala was the play. That hadn’t changed at all, and yes I was more okay with your slot, but Mala has painted you and Laser evenly all of last day phases. You weren’t on the Mala Lynch. Regardless of whether or not you were here or not, so I can gauge off of that. I have to go off of prior interactions. I’m still saying I have to look back. But your reaction right now is ABSURDLY scummy, and your logic on the above is dang near terrible. Let’s bait scum by voting me...?

Lasers reaction initially was much better. You have to understand the connection between you and Mala and you and Laser is almost identical. I’m combing through all the posts to ultimately make the decision.

What shows me knee jerk even more is that I call out DP beginning of day as town homie, meaning you didn’t look at that in regards to why I didn’t ask Ex. Like literally in one fell swoop you through a terribly scummy reaction and then try to sow disunity.

Collect your thoughts and give us something legit as to why Laser is the play and not you. Not “why not follow Xiv” etc. Bullet some points for me. Cause if you are town, imagine how easy it’s gonna be for Laser to paint you as scummy playing like this.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
lol, throwing me back in the PoE aren’t you?

and not even reading (you’d’ve noticed which pair was each percentage if you had) =\= reading and coming to the wrong conclusions

is this aggressiveness something irl going on rn or are you panicking? noone is even voting you and we have most of the phase to go

Hammer would only happen if traitor was around
I genuinely think your most likely town. I stand by the notion that mala was setting you up, it be way to risky otherwise for mala to set a mate up that way. If he did then GG because that be bold as hell.

As for hammer yes, but it’s practically a hammer if they get 2 out of 3 votes as scum could convince or simply lead to someone else jumping the shark unknowingly and miss-yeet.

That’s my personal thoughts there.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don’t even know

I kinda just want to go with Xivii and lynch Laser
I feel that, and there’s a good chance I’ll be down for that too. But I’m wanting to cover basis in case it is LyLo. So that’s what spurned reading through all the posts back involving Mala to Laser/Z. I wanna see who has the more natural reactions to Mala, cause Mala’s reactions were anything but natural. If it seems forced, it’s because it is. Mala probably laid some scum theatre somewhere, I just gotta find it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That’s what I’m tying to figure out Ex, like me rereading him caused all of this?
Z you and Laser have always been the PoE. That’s nothing new. I was trying to figure out amongst you which is most likely yesterDay before ultimately deciding Mala was the play. That hadn’t changed at all, and yes I was more okay with your slot, but Mala has painted you and Laser evenly all of last day phases. You weren’t on the Mala Lynch. Regardless of whether or not you were here or not, so I can gauge off of that. I have to go off of prior interactions. I’m still saying I have to look back. But your reaction right now is ABSURDLY scummy, and your logic on the above is dang near terrible. Let’s bait scum by voting me...?

Lasers reaction initially was much better. You have to understand the connection between you and Mala and you and Laser is almost identical. I’m combing through all the posts to ultimately make the decision.

What shows me knee jerk even more is that I call out DP beginning of day as town homie, meaning you didn’t look at that in regards to why I didn’t ask Ex. Like literally in one fell swoop you through a terribly scummy reaction and then try to sow disunity.

Collect your thoughts and give us something legit as to why Laser is the play and not you. Not “why not follow Xiv” etc. Bullet some points for me. Cause if you are town, imagine how easy it’s gonna be for Laser to paint you as scummy playing like this.
If your entire basis is that mala connected a lot to me and laser then your poe should be Ex as well after yesterday.

Which doesn’t seem to be the case. So tell me how I should look at that perspective in a good light? It paints the wrong picture and does exactly what you say, allows scum to get rid of me easily. Your literally giving scum ammo, something that if they want, should be earned themselves not given to them. We’ve had Enough bs this game, we do not need to add more fuel to that fire.

And I’ve gone on and on about Laser. My points shouldn’t be hard to find. I even posted more this very page.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Oh and I really disagree that I’ve been In the true Poe for the whole game. Literally every slot was throwing almost every name into Poe whole game and it didn’t get Smaller until these last two days. That’s a big jump.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
And “town homie” or not, DP has already expressed interest in re reading, so like Ex there would have been no reason to tag him.

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
Unvote

I think scum Chaco almost definitely would have joined my vote, right? Laser is basically consensus and an incredibly easy misyeet, and Chaco wouldn't gained much criticism for being the second vote on it. Even if it isn't LyLo, I can't imagine it would've been difficult to get a third. Scum Chaco could've easily gotten that hammer today, and he didn't. I think that reads well for him

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
I'll reread Z in a second

YesterDay confuses me because as far as I remember:
Mala paints Z and Laser as basically equal before ultimately pushing Laser much harder.

Z pushes Laser and mostly fights against the Mala yeet until kinda late

Laser pushes Mala pretty much all day

Obviously Z looks much scummier from this, but I'm trying to decide if it was coordinated by scum to push eachother, especially because Mala's reads changed pretty dramatically between Day 3 and Day 4. Tbd

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’ve literally had laser as my main scum read all game basically. And no one has wanted to push him. As I said I wasn’t here yesterday because like I mentioned before I would not be around yesterday. Otherwise I would have been fine on Mala. Still as I said I would have gone Laser first as he was a slot I felt worked the most in a scum team, but Zen’s points on Mala, were pretty good. Regardless I still think Laser’s the play.

Top Bottom