• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Their call out that Xivii shouldn't find them townie, and then the callout that they didn't like that no one was pushing them dispite them being super lurky.
Are you talking about the part where Xivii put them in town even though they had just posted an RVS vote and Jack asked Xivii why? IMO that can be easily faked, especially in that situation. And I think I remember Jack saying something about doing that as both town and scum, can't remember if it was this game or last game though.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Are you talking about the part where Xivii put them in town even though they had just posted an RVS vote and Jack asked Xivii why? IMO that can be easily faked, especially in that situation. And I think I remember Jack saying something about doing that as both town and scum, can't remember if it was this game or last game though.
Sure, it was just a slightly townie impression. I'm just trying to add up all the scraps of evidence.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I just wanted to vote Mala since we weren't executing yet. Though I do need to review em, which I'll do later tonight.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I don't think Boom and Rajam are partners. I'd put Boom at around 20% scum.
I feel this way too. I don’t see them on the same ends of the stick looking back. But I like Boom for scum more than Rajam currently. Rajams just tidbitting and hasn’t even fully caught up, it’s no surprise he Hasn’t laid much solidity.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
But what led to that change?
I don't think it's helpful for Xivii to answer that. We don't need to read Xivii so that side is irrelevent. And we can't read you if you just copy Xivii's reads so him convincing you isn't helpful either. The best thing we can do to let people sort us is that the four of us in this little lynch pool work on sorting eachother.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Oh yeah, good point. I'll retract that point against him.

Darkpit54 Darkpit54 Honestly, I could still see Boom being town, potentially. I do think Somi would also likely be town if Frozen is mafia, yeah.
I can agree with this considering frozen offered lynching this slot at a time of no consensus, and I thought it had the potential to fuel quickly

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't think it's helpful for Xivii to answer that. We don't need to read Xivii so that side is irrelevent. And we can't read you if you just copy Xivii's reads so him convincing you isn't helpful either. The best thing we can do to let people sort us is that the four of us in this little lynch pool work on sorting eachother.
I never said I would agree with him, I actually don’t agree with him on every slot. It’s still useful to have that info as it helps sort other slots based on what people think of them. It gives both perspectives essentially.

Rajam

Smash Champion
...Also assuming that Exlight claims neither chocolate or visitor, Fonti has rather convinced me.

Unvote
Vote: Frozen
Also noting that since the 1st time fontisian brought the frozen case to the public light, and up to trisscar's vote, neither Laser, BoomFrog, Z25 were around to say anything. That's not cool

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Anyway I’ve caught up. I have a reads list but I want to see if anyone counters Zen’a claim.
If you had a reads list ready at this point when you'd just caught up, why did it take you until D2 to post a reads list?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I can agree with this considering frozen offered lynching this slot at a time of no consensus, and I thought it had the potential to fuel quickly
This was a point I made prior leaning the opposite direction. Pointing out that he was potentially prodding on Somi to distance, and prod for activity, etc. We can’t tell though because it didn’t go far enough to discern fully.

Rajam

Smash Champion
This was a point I made prior leaning the opposite direction. Pointing out that he was potentially prodding on Somi to distance, and prod for activity, etc. We can’t tell though because it didn’t go far enough to discern fully.
I can agree with this as well. It definitely can go either way; at the end though my take is that it looked like a legit attempt to find a lynch target rather than a distancing attempt, and thus I'm dropping somitomi slot from scummy to null

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
This is a great post and is a lot like how I’ve seen Jack act previously as town.
Jack:
Somi/Ex:
Both of them weren’t as active, and I didn’t think much of their content, (mostly jacks as somi was a lot less on my radar with their content amount being small). I want to give ex a chance to disprove or prove this though. So I have to see where it goes from here.
Although tbh Rajam is probably my top pick as well, because their prior slot felt like they weren’t playing for town and currently I don’t think they have improved that.
I know Jack didn't have a lot of content by why did he lose all credit for "a great post" later in your reads list?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Honestly Boom you're kind of obvtown. I'm surprised anyone is scumreading you tbh. I didn't even intend to execute you yesterday.

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Well let’s change that. How do you feel about Boom’s points when you look at the below quotes.

It is worth noting that Zen responded pretty fast to boom’s point( but timing doesn’t matter for that), and then tried to get the visitor role to claim.

If we play Devils advocate, scum Zen would be looking to get a valued role putted right away, likely so scum can stop them.

Town Zen really has no reason to not claim chocolate here because it would look good and scum would more then likely be looking elsewhere.

Also worth noting, that post by Boom specifically mentions the Chocolate Role and lynching Zen.

Isn’t it a bit coincidental that Zen has the exact role Boom wanted to have someone claim?

Not to mention Zen waited so long as said to claim and Boom’s post literally says if they wait to near end of day it can’t be trusted. This is also way to much of a coincidence. It feels like Zen was really paying attention to this post when you look at the claim and when he claimed later on.

This is just a little odd the more you think on it. But what are your thoughts?

Of course anyone can also chime in.
This looks bad in retrospect.

Counter point:

Scum Zen could know for sure if chocolate is in or not if he is scum.

For example in token power, logic and I were scum and we knew that the tracker role was not in the game.

Scum zen could have a team mate that’s chocolate or the role itself and claimed it, knowing he couldn’t be countered. Therefore he would know he would be fine if that’s the case.
This has a lot of misunderstanding game mechanics, but is actually a little better because Z25 is taking a direct stance against Zen here.

If FF is not scum, we really should look at Zen tomorrow. I’m trying to finish typing my list but if thread gets locked, it will go up next day phase.
And this caps it off as a very townie thought (yes biased since I had the same thought). It could be faked but this seems like a good progression.

From what I can tell, it seems mafia got very lucky unfortunately.
I missed that post [about NSG's soft claim] then when I joined and read the thread. That makes more sense then.
I'd forgotten about this but this makes me feel Z25 can't be main mafia. Maybe traitor still.

Conclusion: Scum lean at worst. I'd much rather go for ExLight. I think I'd put below Rajam, but I want to see Rajam's full reads once they are caught up.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I really don't see BoomFrog/Xiivi as scum together given Boom's seemingly genuine interpretation of Xiivi's behavior as a deliberate attempt to force reactions out of him. Their recent interactions distance them pretty solidly unless it's extremely well choreographed distancing in which case they've completely duped me.

need to hear more from @somitomi and @Raxxel
Here's where I'm at overall:

Not a play (in order of general strength of town read):
10. BoomFrog - probably seeing the most concerted effort coming from this slot relative to everyone else, really feels like he's scumhunting and in a careful and deliberate way

7. Somitomi - slots posts come off as very reactive instead of proactive and like they're meant to satiate players paying the slot attention in the hopes that they'll stop and let the slot just fade into the background, self preservationist vibe

Vote: Somitomi
does somi count as active? because if she does she's in the mix with fonti and jack.
Is anyone else as concerned as me about how somitomi has somehow accomplished to fall even farther into the background the closer we get to deadline?
this is probably the most concise way to explain why I townread that slot (*In regards to Boom*)

so deadline is insanely close and we're coming off a holiday so I have no idea what to expect in these last few hours. overall I feel ever better about the darkpit triss and boom slots, worse about the somi and xiivi slots. very little movement on everyone else except fonti who I just dont think is a play until we get a chance to confirm the slot and feel comfortable enough with the slot to just treat as confirmed town for now anyway

trying to lynch boom right now, especially a push so sudden and late in the day from xiivi, feels helllllla grime and I think every townie in this game should realize that boom is not going to be a liability and is a really, really dumb D1 play

somitomi to me feels more and more like a great slot to yeet at this point, like frankly I think given the number of replacements we've had to deal with this day phase we've generated a lot to work with and so yeeting a low impact slot is a low risk, still beneficial move that gets us to D2 with some possible night info to bounce around and of course the benefit of the flips. I know this is low effort af but as mentioned above I'm hungover and exhausted from last night and still have work to get done to prep for tomorrow morning so I guess Im just at a place rn where I feel comfortable taking a low risk option right now and setting ourselves up for a really productive D2 with less deadweight at worst, with a lurker scum down at best

I'll do my best to keep eyes on the thread if we're trying to make some last minute moves but ultimately I dont think a crazy push for slots like xiivi/boom is at all prudent
I agree that this push for boom feels grimy and xiivi's PR directing obsession this game fits a scum set-up for choco fakeclaim strat wayyy too well
That’s a lot of Somi and Boom attention for a handful of posts. Only countered by the attention given to Fonti who was spearheading the Lynch. Why give so much attention to that inactive all fame when there were others? Doesn’t strike anyone else as odd?

BoomFrog

Smash Lord
Honestly Boom you're kind of obvtown. I'm surprised anyone is scumreading you tbh. I didn't even intend to execute you yesterday.
I don't beleive you, but I guess we'll just have to talk after game. If that's true that might be worse then losing to you when you were scum... :(

Chaco

Never Logs In
It’s either scum buddy or pocketing. But FF was very Boom backing and low key defending.

Somi slot is def connected though. Multiple reasons to go the way he did: Inactive scum partner is easy to set up for town free in the even they gain traction for being a lurker, if FF gets yeeted his persistence on Somi makes us look the opposite way, and as I said I don’t see FF the type to categorize as mid read on his scum mates. Two different spectrums would be more fitting imo.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Somi slot is def connected though. Multiple reasons to go the way he did: Inactive scum partner is easy to set up for town free in the even they gain traction for being a lurker, if FF gets yeeted his persistence on Somi makes us look the opposite way, and as I said I don’t see FF the type to categorize as mid read on his scum mates. Two different spectrums would be more fitting imo.
I agree with this.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Which could definitely attribute the behavior of Ex toDay coming in floundering looking at how FF left a clear trail against him. Attempt to redirect obv town reads as scummy and make distraction, and let’s be honest that drunk shenanigans was so blatant that it was hard to categorize but if Ex has as much experience as priorly stated if he was drunk we could chalk it up as AtE while drunk, can’t discern motive there we can only look at that way it was posted. Also majorly nitpicking minute points in attempt to gain traction? Notice how quickly that behavior changed when everyone was like there’s no way scum would do that?

Darkpit54

Smash Ace
NNID
Robopenguin55
3DS FC
4699-6685-3678
That’s a lot of Somi and Boom attention for a handful of posts. Only countered by the attention given to Fonti who was spearheading the Lynch. Why give so much attention to that inactive all fame when there were others? Doesn’t strike anyone else as odd?
I just had a realization. I still believe frozen was genuinely trying to get Somi lynched. However, Fonti quoted earlier that Frozen seemed sure that mafia should be bussing, and doing it on a scummate who has and probably would be inactive most of the time would be a great option

I'm probably the last to get this but I was town leaning Ex pretty much solely because of Frozen's push, so this changes my opinion a little

Top Bottom