• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midnight Ops Mafia: Game Thread. Game Over!

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Ok, Laserguy was definitely townreading Xivii well before EoD, crisis averted. Still good, and yah sorry Ex light, your scum team makes more sense in this light and thats my bad for not checking for other Laserguy motivations for voting there.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I could dunk on Boom and Rajam tomorrow, if you guys need that. It feels a bit unnecessary at the moment, as I don't think anyone really think they're town.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Hey Malakandra Malakandra , here's a bad connection with between Jackrito/Rajam and Frozen for you. The Jack read is the only one that is made in comparison to someone else. In my experience, this is more likely to be done by comparing a buddy to a town. Not sure why exactly, it's just a thing that happens. The read on Jack is also super hedgy, but I think Frozen had room to scumread Jack here, as he did with 3DS, somi, Raxxel and NSG, but choose not to, for no real reason. Like, looking at what he says about Jack, the read could easily be in the "Can be the play" pool, but Frozen choose to bump him up to meh instead. I think at eod Jack was also someone Frozen could have pushed town towards yeeting instead of the Boom/Xivii fight, since Raxxel/Mala, NSG and 3DS/Z25 were all getting more townread, but Frozen didn't choose to go there, and I think that's not a good sign for the Jack/Rajam slot.
Lol, ok thanks. What does worse Darkpit even mean? Gah, I should of seen that yesterDay.

Malakandra

Smash Lord
Revising, I guess I'm back to Rajam and Boom. Would prefer boom today, still not going him until we are ready. I hope Rajam goes against the meta Xivii says and actually catches up. I find it much easier to get analysis on people when I can interact with them and know they should have all the same knowledge I do.

fontisian

Smash Champion
We can have a little bit of scumreads, as a treat.

Here's something I hated from Rajam:
Tunnel vision would be a reason why you're still alive. As someone who is townreading you, and seemingly an universal town-read from yersterDay, I'm telling you: drop the tunnel, look somewhere else. Scum left you alive for a reason: you were wrong :p
This was in response to Chaco talking about how he was hard tunneled on Xivii Yesterday. Except in that post, Chaco was talking about how he messed up and how he now realized Xivii was town. So why exactly was Rajam telling him to stop tunneling, when Chaco's post was about how he had stopped tunneling? The language itself just feels gross and pockety towards Chaco.

And here's something I didn't like from Boom:
Looks like I'm allowed to post still. If FF flips town and I'm dead D2 then Font and xivii are scum mates.
The "Looks like I'm allowed to post still" is hella awkward and self aware. I feel like a town in this situation who desperately trying to get their last thoughts in before the thread locks as they see their top scum Xivii killing yeeting just says something like "if FF flips town, font and xivii are scum." The "and I'm dead d2" isn't necessary, imo, because town!Boom would be worried about the apparent stranglehold Xivii and I had on the game, and would be worried about us controlling town whether he died or not. The whole post is actually really wordy for someone pressed for time who's trying to get their thoughts out before the Day ends.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I wasn't a fan of that message either and kinda hated how it threw shade on the claimed roles for literally no reason

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
I retract my claim btw. I claimed when I did to force real Chocolate, if there was one, to counterclaim, at which point I would have recanted. When there wasn't one, I decided to continue with it to see if there were players overly suspicious of the claim (indicating that they were mafia who knew that the number of ninja shots didn't line up with my claim). Based on Boom's post here and his refusal to believe my claim, I'm thinking there is probably 1 ninja shot and we are in the Visitor + Traitor scenario:
UtopianPoyzin UtopianPoyzin Does the presence of chocolate give the mafia an extra shot of ninja or take one away?
Here's my analysis of why Fonti is town. I made this yesterday in response to you Mala, but decided not to post it since it would have revealed that I wasn't actually Chocolate. I couldn't retract at that point since I had a wagon building on me, and doing so would have probably led to my execution:

If scum has 0 ninja shots, they know there is exactly a traitor + chocolate. Since I haven't been counterclaimed, we know that we aren't in that scenario.

If scum has 1 ninja shot, scum knew there was either visitor + traitor or lone chocolate. Me claiming chocolate confirmed that they weren't in the visitor + traitor scenario so scum!Fonti could freely claim visitor here. However since I'm not actually chocolate, if there was 1 ninja shot, we actually would be in the visitor + traitor scenario, so Fonti would be counterclaimed. So since there is no cc, she is not scum here either.

If scum has 2 ninja shots, they know there is a visitor + chocolate + traitor or a lone visitor. Since I claimed chocolate, scum would know there was also a visitor and scum!Font couldn't claim it. So she's not scum here either.

If scum has 3 ninja shots, they know there is a visitor + chocolate. So scum!Fonti couldn't claim visitor here either.

So in all scenarios, Fonti is genuinely the visitor. The lines that are bolded are the potential realities that we are actually in: Scum either has 1 ninja shot and we have a visitor (fonti) + a traitor or scum has 2 ninja shots and we only have a visitor (fonti).

I didn't realize until today, however, that there was the possibility of no traitor, visitor, or chocolate. In which case scum!Fonti could safely claim Visitor if they had 0 shots. But based on all the voy crumbs, Fonti's play, and her push on Frozen, I doubt we're in that scenario anyway.

So, Fonti is town which means we have a visitor and no chocolate. So if there is a traitor, scum has 1 ninja shot. Or if there is no traitor, scum has 2 ninja shots. If scum had 2 ninja shots, they would not know if I was lying because they could be in either the visitor + chocolate + traitor scenario. If they had 1 ninja shot, they would know I was lying because 1 ninja shot only allows for a lone chocolate or a visitor + traitor so it wouldn't add up.

Hence I refer back to the post above by Boom. His confusion here and refusal to believe my claim leads me to believe that we are indeed in the 1 ninja shot scenario, which means that we do indeed have a traitor in the mix.

ExLight

Smash Lord
I'm legit annoyed why the **** would you claim something only scum would be able to tell whether it's a lie or not
it literally implied we had a traitor and causes us to waste so much time

and why the **** retract it when the neap is dead, now we can't verify it unless I'm missing something

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
erh, boom's I mean

what the **** dude
If you feel yourself hitting up against your limit remember for what cause you clench your fists... remember why you started down this path, and let that memory carry you beyond your limit. PLUS ULTRA

fontisian

Smash Champion
The traitor wouldn't know Xivii was lying about being chocolate, so it's not Boom.

ExLight

Smash Lord
looks like you did act differently in Token tho
I mean Z25 outted themselves pretty badly on those
but I'm pretty sure I still backlashed at you for being a reckless **** and telling you to not do that again

if anything me entering this very game asking if you were the one who fake claimed in token and already bracing myself for incredibly insane shenanigans kinda shows that it still annoys me up to this day

ExLight

Smash Lord
but I'm pretty sure I still backlashed at you for being a reckless **** and telling you to not do that again
specially when you died and left that stupid message telling you didn't have a clear on ran

LaserGuy

Smash Ace
is he always like this
Pretty much, yes. It's one of the things that makes playing with him so much fun :grin:

Need to think about this a bit. My inclination is to agree with fonti that it's probably fine and we're just lucky nobody counterclaimed. I think it's possible Xivii could do this as mafia, and there was certainly space for this claimed to be faked when he did, I just don't think he does this and then lynches FrozenFlame.

ExLight

Smash Lord
also no it didn't
I'll have to recheck but I do feel like we've been focusing on the wrong scenarios if you lied about it because it slaps some of the ones we had excluded back in the discussion while it kicks some others away

based on this, if Ex is scum, maybe we are in the 2 shot scenario
I'm not scum though, pinkie swear

Trisscar

Smash Ace
We can have a little bit of scumreads, as a treat.
....raises eyebrow in surprise. Tulok ref?

I retract my claim btw. I claimed when I did to force real Chocolate, if there was one, to counterclaim, at which point I would have recanted.
When there wasn't one, I decided to continue with it to see if there were players overly suspicious of the claim (indicating that they were mafia who knew that the number of ninja shots didn't line up with my claim). Based on Boom's post here and his refusal to believe my claim, I'm thinking there is probably 1 ninja shot and we are in the Visitor + Traitor scenario:

Here's my analysis of why Fonti is town. I made this yesterday in response to you Mala, but decided not to post it since it would have revealed that I wasn't actually Chocolate. I couldn't retract at that point since I had a wagon building on me, and doing so would have probably led to my execution:

If scum has 0 ninja shots, they know there is exactly a traitor + chocolate. Since I haven't been counterclaimed, we know that we aren't in that scenario.

If scum has 1 ninja shot, scum knew there was either visitor + traitor or lone chocolate. Me claiming chocolate confirmed that they weren't in the visitor + traitor scenario so scum!Fonti could freely claim visitor here. However since I'm not actually chocolate, if there was 1 ninja shot, we actually would be in the visitor + traitor scenario, so Fonti would be counterclaimed. So since there is no cc, she is not scum here either.

If scum has 2 ninja shots, they know there is a visitor + chocolate + traitor or a lone visitor. Since I claimed chocolate, scum would know there was also a visitor and scum!Font couldn't claim it. So she's not scum here either.

If scum has 3 ninja shots, they know there is a visitor + chocolate. So scum!Fonti couldn't claim visitor here either.

So in all scenarios, Fonti is genuinely the visitor. The lines that are bolded are the potential realities that we are actually in: Scum either has 1 ninja shot and we have a visitor (fonti) + a traitor or scum has 2 ninja shots and we only have a visitor (fonti).

I didn't realize until today, however, that there was the possibility of no traitor, visitor, or chocolate. In which case scum!Fonti could safely claim Visitor if they had 0 shots. But based on all the voy crumbs, Fonti's play, and her push on Frozen, I doubt we're in that scenario anyway.

So, Fonti is town which means we have a visitor and no chocolate. So if there is a traitor, scum has 1 ninja shot. Or if there is no traitor, scum has 2 ninja shots. If scum had 2 ninja shots, they would not know if I was lying because they could be in either the visitor + chocolate + traitor scenario. If they had 1 ninja shot, they would know I was lying because 1 ninja shot only allows for a lone chocolate or a visitor + traitor so it wouldn't add up.

Hence I refer back to the post above by Boom. His confusion here and refusal to believe my claim leads me to believe that we are indeed in the 1 ninja shot scenario, which means that we do indeed have a traitor in the mix.
HahHAH, plans op, knew it. :D

I don't think I'd be too active in it unfortunately
Nah mate, I'm not either, not the point of a discord server. once you get enough people you just jump in on convos whenever you feel like, it's nice.

Chaco

Never Logs In
fontisian fontisian I ignored that post when everyone else gave it attention because I didn’t know how to take it. Rajam and I have played quite a few games together, so I didn’t know if it was more of kind’ve just an opening line at me cause he recognized my name, or a general attempt to pocket. I couldn’t gauge the feel out entirely.

Good points on Boom though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Wow, I say I'll be busy studying for a test and when I check the thread there's another smal wagon forming around me already. For ****s sake guys.

I see you're all with some nonsensical "scum wanted to bus" theory on the rise. Why would scum even want to bus D1. And if they were really dedcated to they would've powerwolfed bus it instead of letting their main power role die.

I'm town and I'm not sure what you all expect from me. I tried catching up and apparently I'm scummy for not having the same context or meta as you all. You keep coming up with the most absurd nitpicks to get me lynched and I'm honestly tired of having wagons on me every game just for the sake of it. I'm faking drunk speech? My opinion on other people is just wrong? C'mon.
You're just pulling my leg at this point with stuff you can find around. The "drunk is fake" conspiracy discussion is just stupid and I can show messages from discord from that day to prove it, and the "no ur wrong" bits are just annoying tunneling and not willing to discuss.

Yall keep shoving words in my mouth and pushing for some stupid arguments instead of trying to look where it could really matters. At some point someone tried to make some sorry ass theory where every player in the FF was town which is just ludicrous, shouldn't we be giving a second look on players that late jumped in it after being told to just to make its number larger? because it's highly likely there's a scum there.
I provided my scum-town list and it was mainly ignored, and all of sudden people that were accusing me of attacking townie players just fidn't care and are still voting me just because of the sake of it despite having their argument shot with some holes. Tbf I'm pretty tired of people that barely have meta on me getting all cocky thinking they're reading me like a book and getting surprised pikachued when I get ****ing mad and throw a tantrum.
It doesn’t help when you post a walk of text that is brimming with appeals to emotions which directly coincides with how I said you could be floundering from the position FF put you in. You’re the one making 1+1=2. We aren’t fabricating the things that make you inherently scummy.

I don’t know anything of your meta, and I don’t care about meta currently. What I care about is the fact whenever you get pressured you blow up, and when it drops for a moment you go right back to normal. To be so blatantly AtE laden and then wonder why you look scummy in addendum to things already posted.

tl;dr stay away from the AtEs

Connection basis alone, which is outside of your specific play, is enough to lynch on here. There’s a distinct pattern.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I feel so less mad that I tunneled you now, Xivii. And if we start missing you’re dead again.

Rajam

Smash Champion
That’s a lot of Somi and Boom attention for a handful of posts. Only countered by the attention given to Fonti who was spearheading the Lynch. Why give so much attention to that inactive all fame when there were others? Doesn’t strike anyone else as odd?
If anything somitomi strikes me as the only target frozen found

Rajam

Smash Champion
I dont want to defent somi/Ex too much, but do note that frozen's push for the slot began at #731, which was before fontisian's case on frozen (#753). Frozen's 731 was posted sunday 4:58 pm (EST) at a time where the decision of whom to lynch wasn't that clear, and in that post it's basically the only option frozen offers

Top Bottom