• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midland Thread

Uncle Meat

Smash Champion
sheepyman said:
Lol, no, we're bringing more than two, it's only that two have anything on it. Yeah we'll be there with more than 2 people.

Uh.. what makes you say this?

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
Uncle Meat said:
Uh.. what makes you say this?
First of all, I said that yesterday, second of all quit spamming, third of all, I stated that you didn't have a ride already in a different thread (Marthmasters) and finally, if you didn't have a sure ride, maybe you shouldn't have said you were coming. Seriously, what was the point of saying that? :confused:
Everyone else: Looks like it's just me. :ohwell:

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
hey guys, um, if u didnt read my newest post on the MI discussion, then read it, it explains why i'm not going to quit smash. YET..... it is hard to quit smash! I'lll do it one day tho. we playin any time soon? i need help in fox dittos.

o and my girlfriend wants to learn how to play.... thats another reason i cant quit yet.... sigh.... sorry about all that.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
one day i'll quit. Just you watch. Its just that beating everyone at marthmasters was too good. That and as long as im around i might as well play. Probably wont go to SSA though, unless im not working anyway.

w0bl

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone, I just moved to the Grand Rapids, MI area and I'm looking for some tournaments or just people to play smash with.

Can anyone give me any info?

My email is antreloa@gmail.com if anyone would prefer that.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Come play us here in midland, its a bit of a drive maybe like an hour but were fun to play with and plus we always like playing new people

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Shibbypod said:
Come play us here in midland, its a bit of a drive maybe like an hour but were fun to play with and plus we always like playing new people
Don't forget I'm around up here for a few more weeks, too. I wouldn't mind meeting this new prospective player, too. ^_^

w0bl

Smash Rookie
You wish. I'll destroy you all! So anyone that I can play with, message me on AIM, my sn is w0bl, or email me at antreloa@gmail.com. Let me know when, where, or anything I need to know.

By the way I'm 20, so if anyone is 13, I doubt the parents would appreciate a creepy old guy coming over. They'll think i'm selling you drugs.

RapE

Smash Ace
HAHAHAHA.....i just laughed so hard i just pissed all over the place hahahahahahaha......jk jk but im laughing cause he is like all of us before we understood that we sucked and werent good at all :)

w0bl

Smash Rookie
Oh but I don't suck...well yeah I probably do. But I'll talk **** until anyone can prove otherwise ye bastids.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Lol wobl you can come to midland and get owned any time.

p.s.

all noobs think their good at first. We did too. Trust me however good you think you are, you most likely aren't. the way to get better is to get more experiance and go around playing people from smash boards.

have you ever heard of wave dashing? L canceling? DI? techs? wall techs? ok

w0bl

Smash Rookie
Wave dashing yes, L cancelling yes, DI, techs, and wall techs i'm not so sure of. Chances are I do them and don't know it but I could be wrong.

But yeah, is there some sort of gaming center you guys congregate and play at that I could come up to on the weekends or something? I work mon-fri so week nights would be possible, but it would suck.

Give me an address and a date/time and I'll be there. I'm from a small town up in the upper peninsula and don't have much experience playing anyone other than my friends, but i've always wanted to try playing others. I'm sort of at a disadvantage because I don't get to play against anyone but sheik, peach, and fox so anyone decent with a different character will probably have a huge advantage. but that's something i'm hoping to correct in good time.

Like I said, let me know. IM me at w0bl or something.

sheepyman

BRoomer
BRoomer
....U.P.? Good luck finding someone...WOW...that sucks being in the UP...don't talk **** to Midland, it's not recommended, not so much because they're the greatest players, but because they're better than you at it. Don't talk **** to me, or I'll hire Osama Bin Laden to bomb your mom. Don't talk **** to anyone else because they're better than you. Period. BTW I thought I could L-Cancel 'tll I played shibby and forgot where the A button was. Basically, you're not as good as your friends would make you think.

w0bl

Smash Rookie
That's fine and dandy. I just want to play with someone. I don't really care if I get my *** kicked or not, and I have absolutely no basis for comparison of my skills other than with my friends. Until I know more, I'll talk ****. ;D

I can't be THAT bad. We pretty much played for a few hours every day for a couple years but who knows.

And anyway, I just moved to Grand Rapids, so now that I'm in a bigger city i'm anxious to get out and try playing other people. The important thing is that I get to play, and that I get out of this house.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Well, I know I'm the closest that I've mapped out so far. I go to CMU up in Mount Pleasant, which should only be about an hour drive at best. The Midland guys are just slightly further away, at around... oh... I guess an hour and a half at the worst. If you're interested, fill me in, and I'll give you the necessary info to see me, and with the Midland guys, I guess just PM one of them and they'll get the info needed to ya.

Acro

Smash Ace
awesome grand rapids i used to live in big rapids... not grand tho.. yeah you should come play with us sometime.. we play every saturday like all day in Midland.. some weeks we have like 8 people or so and others we have like 4 but either way we're playin saturdays... so if your not busy we'll play and maybe show you a thing or 2

marthmaster04

Smash Ace
w0bl said:
That's fine and dandy. I just want to play with someone. I don't really care if I get my *** kicked or not, and I have absolutely no basis for comparison of my skills other than with my friends. Until I know more, I'll talk ****. ;D

I can't be THAT bad. We pretty much played for a few hours every day for a couple years but who knows.

And anyway, I just moved to Grand Rapids, so now that I'm in a bigger city i'm anxious to get out and try playing other people. The important thing is that I get to play, and that I get out of this house.
Playin other is the only way to get good, if you really want people to come to your house or something. Hold a tournament, and make sure you can get as many people as possible to come. Grand rapids is a little bit of a drive, but if the tourney is good and has a good cash payout. Ppl will drive for it.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
we played every day for hours and hours, for years. and then we got our ********** ************************************** *** **** kicked. I was sad for like 10 minutes.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
I was thinking about M4Turbo...

If we can get enough people to commit to coming to it (mid summer, would be my best guess) we can rent out a hall, or something. I know of some decently sized ones that are by like poseyville road. We could really make a big event out of it, and end up having a lot of good midwest smashers come up for it. It would be cool! This way not only would we be able to get a lot of people to come but our rep could get a little better too if it ends up being a success. Any thoughts? Opinions? I can make a thread in the next couple weeks once we get all the details worked out. As for getting people to come, well, we can start by getting the a hills crew to get here, and ohio. The more the marrier. But honestly i have been to some tourneys that there are way better sites for, and i could moderate better than a lot of these guys hosting could. Something to think about?? Anyway Post your thoughts and Ideas here, and we will get this idea rolling.

w0bl

Smash Rookie
I'm assuming all these locations you're referring to are in Midland?

If so, just give me a date and an address and I'll be there. (as long as it's on a weekend)

RapE

Smash Ace
hey Wobl were gonna play this weekend saturday show up anytime after 2pm......A-team v. Noob Sauce is this weekend its gonna be to good and alot of people will be there.

M4 sounds good to me and gettin a hall is a good idea we can talk about it like tomorrow night or saturday.

Acro

Smash Ace
yeah that sounds pretty cool and means my house will not get trashed.. awesome! noob sauce? is that the people who think they can beat us?

w0bl

Smash Rookie
Sorry guys I can't come this weekend. My gf is coming to visit me from back home so there's no way i'll be able to come. I could do it the following weekend though if you're doing anything then as well...

AS Money

Smash Lord
how much would the hall cost to rent? that is the biggest question i have and maybe in july after fc augest at the latest

Acro

Smash Ace
THANK GOD! **** vidjo trying to steal my stuff! at least he didnt steal my controller.. next time he should learn from his brothers and actually take stuff that is worth money.. lol.. that sux wobl next weekend i'm chilling with MY g/f but maybe you could still come play with other midland people if they hang out somewhere else.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
we need to get the 3rd 4th and 5th spots figured out for this "A-team" guys.

yea i dunno once school is over (end of next weeek) I'll find out whats goin on, i'll contact midland township hall and some other halls and see their prices or whatever. I'd like some help if anyone wants to help me out. we can get this all sorted out and get a good day and time.

Top Bottom