• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middlesbrough anyone?

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Anyone up here? Cheap food, weak chicks, plentiful booze, seems like more than enough reason. Haven't found a single DECENT smasher in my time though.

When loan comes through I'll be up for travelling in the North East. Who else is about here and still plays Melee?

The Filth

Smash Lord
Y'all got me and Trio in Sheffield, Yeniths living in Worcester who visits us for smash weekends =]

Yeniths is quite a bit better than us two, but its normally a chillout thing an i'm after improving quite a bit.

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Potentially, am applying for some Christmas temp jobs, if they all come back negative then most likely.

EDIT: Dooan, do you guys play Melee or Brawl? If both, which is more prevalent among your group?

Kone

Smash Master
Uhm you've got me and only me BB lol welcome to the NE. I live in seaham now,bout 30 mins from boro. Why u in smoggyland neway? uni? also, i can tell u where u should go on your travels in the NE if it helps

The Filth

Smash Lord
EDIT: Dooan, do you guys play Melee or Brawl? If both, which is more prevalent among your group?
Trio, Calz and I are better at brawl, Yens is better at melee. We all play a pretty even mix when we have 2 setups, apart from calz who plays more Brawl =]

Blinky

Smash Journeyman
Theres always York too, I'm here for uni, its about an hour from middlesbrough, the direct train costs £10.40 excluding rail cards, theres probs coaches too. I only play melee, and have gone to NW events quite a bit :)

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Sweet stuff people! Many thanks for the heads up. Will be checking prices and times (No loan still! D=<) and look about travelling. How many of y'all can (and are willing to) accomodate?

Charlie G

Smash Journeyman
if you do make it to York, make sure to give me a heads up! we can play game & watch vs ganon, just like the old times *sniffle*
On the other hand, if people fancy coming to leeds insead, I have a sofa and erm, lots of floor to sleep on

Yeniths

East Midlands!
LOL, this made me laugh pretty hard! Everything is more funny late at night...I really really should be getting on with my uni work....

Kone

Smash Master
Basically im teaching until this friday and then break up for the xmas hols. I am away in birmingham for a week so basically anything from the 26th (when im back up here) till the 4th is doable for me.

Kone

Smash Master
Uhm, back on the fourth I believe and teaching. First year of teaching is really demanding so I really cant take time out at weekends or week nights at the moment. Looks like it wont be till feb halfterm that i could catch up with you carlton :(

BloodBowler

Smash Ace
Buzzkill. Feb's better than nothing I suppose, shall we set a date (weekend preferably, I want to go to Animex this year) and see who we can get? My first year is Foundation so the work is beyond easy.

Good to see your priorities for uni in the right place, how is the course going by the way?

Kone

Smash Master
Ive graduated carlton, doing my NQT (newly qualified teacher) year now. Which is why I dont have time available at the moment. Planning, marking and pastoral duties just eating up dar too much time. It'll be okay in a few years time when I can manage my time a lot better but for now it takes ages.

Half term is the 12th to the 22nd. So either weekend and either fri or sat night is fine with me. Anyone welcome my way.

Top Bottom