• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle Georgia Melee Tourny (L.O.I.)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Onett isn't on the banned list...

Can anyone say Carter/Cornel/Gerbil ftw? XDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Even with that stage, I still have to pull a win on another stage LOL.

EDIT: lol, Dogy said it first.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
sorry about Cruise i meant to unban it ealier but i was in a hurry out the door. Also I might just leave Onett as is, anyone who knows your style would be smart to strike it before the match starts. But I dunno, with the complaints from around I might just throw in all the banned stages that everyone is accustomed to but I really would prefer a less strict tournament.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
lol well, rainbow cruise is just usually not a banned stage. Make sure to copy GAWes' list though, if you want a ruleset no one will complain about.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well I preferred a more free tournament because there will be many people who dont play pro or andthing sanctioned and I want them to enjoy themselves for at least a few rounds. OFF TOPIC: dude I just came from Athens after getting lost coming from a football game (Perry). BUT ANYWAYS Ill probably end up adding onto it because it looks like theres a chance that more advanced players will outnumber our local touny goers.

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
you shouldn't try to accommodate for the people who don't want to learn to play at the competitive level; it will only slow progress. If they don't want to play with the standard tournament rules that are in place now, they don't have to come to the tournament. If you guys who are hosting the tournament want to build up a strong competitive scene, play the way that the competition plays.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
You can pretty much be assured the competitive players will outnumber your local players (unless you have like... 40 locals then it might get close, cause we got about 60 competitive that travel our general areas)

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Much better. One last thing to address is the slashing of stages. Finalize it in the first post. I'm going to be blunt about this:

If it is a local we're playing, we won't will most likely not lose. So even if they don't grasp the concept of banned stages or whatever, we each can explain individually as we play them. The rest of us have been around long enough to know how it works, so there won't be any confusion among us. It's the most fair ruleset we've used in GA, and I don't think I've ever heard of anyone complaining about it before.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
i thought i finalized the slashing early yesterday actually, let me get that real quick. Thanks for pointing that out.

Seph20

Smash Cadet
For those who care, (ahem Dogy) I'll make it to this tourney. Since I'll be in the area (do not stay) or house with my girlfriend in the fastest growing city in GA (Warner Robbins). '^.^' I word of advice Josh!!! (Gerbil) keep MY personal life with my girlfriend outta boards will ya? We would'nt want any..... how would you say it? "Black Crimes" now would we? -serious-

Gerbil

Smash Champion
For those who care, (ahem Dogy) I'll make it to this tourney. Since I'll be in the area (do not stay) or house with my girlfriend in the fastest growing city in GA (Warner Robbins). '^.^' I word of advice Josh!!! (Gerbil) keep MY personal life with my girlfriend outta boards will ya? We would'nt want any..... how would you say it? "Black Crimes" now would we? -serious-
Oh **** I'm so sorry dude I did make a mention didn't I? Dude I really wasn't intending to bring anything up about anyone else's personal life. Again I'm so sorry, I was just making and adding what I thought was a casual comment to invoke more discussion. Please don't be mad at me :( :( :( :( *feels like a real as$*

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
darvel the irony to this is.

as much complaining as i did, and as much that actually changed, i cant make it.

VSU's stupid football team refuses to lose, and although i've been out of school for a week, i'd rather not risk failing a class for skipping the championship game and going to a local tourney.

Maybe i'll get lucky and some random bs will happen and the band cant go. I'd be the happiest person ever if that happened.

Seph20

Smash Cadet
Alls forgivin Josh, you're still my homie, just stay on topic. Back on topic, I don't see how you would miss this Dogy don't you wanna get up with this crew? But what can you do? Sorry your missin out, I'll probably friendly someone with my Doc in your honor. See yall this Saturday!

Gerbil

Smash Champion
@Darvel: Thanks man...

On topic: Alpha, Jeff, and myself discussed this today. More than likely we will be showing up. :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Alls forgivin Josh, you're still my homie, just stay on topic. Back on topic, I don't see how you would miss this Dogy don't you wanna get up with this crew? But what can you do? Sorry your missin out, I'll probably friendly someone with my Doc in your honor. See yall this Saturday!
here are my options.

1) suck it up, go to the championship game, and be miserable.

or

2) come up with something, skip the game; go to this tourney, and risk failing a class and ultimately spending another year (not semester) year; in college.

___

As much as i'd LOVE to do the second one; it just isnt worth it

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Lol, Kyd didn't put the time up there. Ppl will be showing up 4-5 hours late.

It starts at 11:00AM.

There are alot of people claiming they're going. Looks like it'll be a tad bigger than I originally thought.

Also, there will be free Gamestop merchandise given away in a raffle. Nearly everyone should recieve something.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
OWNAGE... Kyd's on a computer for once....

yes it starts at 11am (doors close at 11:30), hopefully its not too early
Once again i highly reccomend bring controllers due to the risk that someone might break ours (common)
like Josh mentioned, there's a raffle (GameStop sponsors most of our tournaments)
also, i would like to go ahead and say we are holding a brawl tournament on feb 16th (if they dont push the date back again).
thanks all who show up, and those who dont i hope to see you in future tournys

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Um just one more issue. The doors closing thing. You should leave the doors open longer than 30 minutes, especially since some of us are traveling hours. Mapquest/Google Maps arn't the greatest things in the world, and often times even though we leave with plenty of time allotted to make tournies at their starting point, we (usually everyone that isn't familiar with the area) will end up being late, sometimes by an hour at most. I'd give the doors at least till 12:00-1:00ish. If it's a time constraint issue, a singles only double elim bracket isn't going to last into the night.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
well the signing up starts at 11, we all are showing up as early as 10:30. Mr Masters insiists on closing the doors at 11:30. Would giving you all my phone number so you can call me to open the door help at all?

Gerbil

Smash Champion
well the signing up starts at 11, we all are showing up as early as 10:30. Mr Masters insiists on closing the doors at 11:30. Would giving you all my phone number so you can call me to open the door help at all?
Yes that'd be much helpful if we're running late. You can PM it to me if you don't feel confortable giving it out on the forum itself.

Gerbil

Smash Champion

we can no longer go >.<

Alpha's car brakes are shot, and he needs to get them fixed ASAP i.e. tomorrow. (He's the driver)

I offered up my car, but it's much more expensive on gas which makes Jeff broke.

Since Jeff and Alpha are no longer going, this shoots me out of the question too because it's too expensive to go the distance alone.

We fail. I'm sorry, hopefully we can make it another time. You still have GPC going though so that'll be good. :)

Darvel will be repping Columbus for us. :)

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
so here i am, in florence alabama. On my friends laptops. Yup, this blows.

Waitin for this championship game to happen.

.... yeah.

This **** blows, bad.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
wow that blows chunks, but we still have a good few coming so i really hope those who miss out can make it next time.
Who all is still showing up?

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
also, those of you who use myspace (dunno if im allowed to do this in this thread but i figure it would help out), LOI's myspace is "myspace.com/nhsloi" and we post bulletins about tournys, and we keep our information on the tournaments in our forum (because i can access it from school, smashboards is blocked) which you can find in my signature (thanx Josh).

I hope you all have a great time today, we're planning on the entire tournament day to end around 2 pm (that includes Halo and Yu-Hi-Oh as well as Smash) but we will be using 2 systems (possibly 3) so the tournament itself shouldnt take too long.... we dont want a repeat of last time (went from like 11 to 4).

Top Bottom