• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Middle Georgia Melee Tourny (L.O.I.)

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Smash Bros Melee Rules:
$5 entry fee at the door, cash prize to winner(size of prize depends on turnout)
Saturday, December 15th 2007. (Final Date, We're set)
926 Green Street, Warner Robins, GA 31093
Tabor Academy building

* SINGLE Battle (POPULAR DEMAND BASICALLY, SINGLES TOURNY)

*Items = Off

*Stages
- 6 Neutral Stages (set for Random)
1) Final Destination
2) Battlefield
3) Yoshi Story
4) Dream Land 64
5) Pokemon Stadium
6) Fountain of Dreams

- Banned Stages
1) Icicle Mountain
2) Great Bay
3) Flat Zone
4) Hyrule
5) Mushroom Kingdom I
6) Brinstar Depths
7) Fourside
8) Big Blue
9) Yoshi's Island (Pipes)
10) Onett
11) Yoshi 64
12) Kongo Jungle
13) Venom

-Slashing
1) Before the match every character chooses a stage that may not be selected.

* Double Elimination
- To Be eliminated from the tournament, you must lose on two(2) different brackets.

* Bracket / Match
- Each match will be run on the basis of best 2 out of 3 victories.
- The Final round(s) will be a best 3 out of 5 match.

* Advanced Slob Picks
- 1st round of the Match:
1) Both players choose their characters without knowing the opponent's character.
2) Stage Will be selected with Random Select (6 Neutral Stages)
- Counter Rounds
1) Losing player FIRST chooses the next battles stage (before either player chooses a character)
2) The winner of the previous game will select their character first, then the losing player will choose theirs.
- No reselecting a stage that has been played in the same round

* In-Game
- Stock Match
1) 4 stock per player
2) Stock match time limit = 8 Minutes per game

We encourage but do not require players to bring their own controllers due to the fact that there are players who put too much stress on the controllers. If you bring a controller you are not required to share it by any means, we're not that mean.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
You forgot a date and time >.>
And an address >.>
No singles? :(

BTW is this actually that same tourny that's going on at NHS in Warner Robins on the 8th? If so, there's already a thread here.

:)

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
also... S0FT is also having a tournament on this day.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
i just put the date and everything there. I didnt have the date confirmed until today because it was in debate, i didnt realize that there was a thread for this already. Whats it called?

Edit: I might talk to the LOI officers and have it changed to the following saturday if its more convinient for everybody.
I also forgot to mention that the 5 dollar entry will include 1 free drink and snack, due to our shortages in money we can give any more away but we sell beverages at reasonable prices if needed, or we promote bringing drinks and food that arent greesy.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
a WARNER ROBINS tourney.

First Warner Robins wins the LLWS, now they're having melee tourneys. WTF.

oh and wait.

From reading the rules, am i to understand you guys are going to have the 6 random stages.
you are going to ban 2 legal stages.
and then have about 6 illegal stages unbanned?
The counterpicks make no sense. XD

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
The stages that are banned are due to small size and lag. I myself have noticed massive lag when putting 4 people on the Mute City stage. I'm thinking about allowing Rainbow Cruise and maybe Yoshi's Island but I'm not sure as of now. I will have all the rules printed at the tournament, any last minute changes wont be too dramatic.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
What he is saying is, your Banned Stage list is extremely small, and on your nuetrals I see you have Poke Floats... which... is common in some areas, just not in the South. :/ I suggest you look at a rule set of a tournament host by GA_Wes or myself/Alpha. Just do a user search for

Our Savior Marth

and find all threads created by him. I believe his last one in GA was Smash Aid X.

SleepyK

you should have more stages banned, but i like your neutrals.

Rainbow Cruise should be legal!

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
Well, in the previous topic I stated "As well as other obvious exclusions", meaning stages like Flat Zone, Big Blue, Brinstar Depths, etc. I didn't think it was necessary to post those stages since I assumed everyone knew the ones I was referring to.

SleepyK

you never know, people will always ask about hyrule, termina bay...

a full list is necessary.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
myself, SpeedAce, Yuri(who i believe has a smash boards account), numerous LOI members. Now As far as serious players using more advanced tactics I cant say much, thats why Im advertiseing more broadly to bring in more heavy competition.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Who actually lives in Warner Robins that plays smash? o_0
funny you should ask that.

Gerbil said:
What he is saying is, your Banned Stage list is extremely small, and on your nuetrals I see you have Poke Floats... which... is common in some areas, just not in the South. :/ I suggest you look at a rule set of a tournament host by GA_Wes or myself/Alpha. Just do a user search for

Our Savior Marth

and find all threads created by him. I believe his last one in GA was Smash Aid X.
Na, what im saying is this banlist makes no sense, literally.

But if i go to this, ill let em know what's up. I've been meaning to catch this WR crew for a while.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Na, what im saying is this banlist makes no sense, literally.

But if i go to this, ill let em know what's up. I've been meaning to catch this WR crew for a while.
Well I'm the one who runs the Smash tournys in LOI (i di=ont know if anyone else in WR holds them) so I would appreciate it if you could PM me with your suggestions and anything else you're trying to get ahold of us for.

Also, there's a chance we're gonna change it to a singles tournament. I'm thinking of having a vote at the tournament to switch it to singles, if majority votes for it then its a singles tourny. I personally want to have a team tourny since this is our last Melee tourny but I want everyone to be entertained and a lot of people are asking me to switch it to singles.

UPDATE: Fountain of Dreams added as Neutral stage and new Banned stages. I didnt ban too many stages so you will notice that i still left in a few for the tourny.

S0FT

Smash Ace
Ok... Im having a tournament this day, I started advertising it last month so no one would take the date and try and compete with me or something similar. When I saw this, I was just going to change my tournament date so it wouldnt be a competion or drama or anything i.e. something happened very similar to this, im not going to be part of something like that, but people have ready taken days off of work or made plans to go to mine, so it would be un fair to them not just me. Plus everything was aranged at my house with my sister so I could have it here and it's 2 days before my birthday so it was sort of a birthday thing. Im not saying you are trying to compete or be rude or anything, but I have planned this for a month. It would be much apreciated if you moved the date of this. Im NOT going to create a compettion or scene. If you do not change the date, I will cancel mine indefinitly. Im not mad, just informing you. Thanks.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
There is no need to take such unnecessary measures. We already had this tournament planned in advance (since LOI holds one every two months) and we thought it would be a good idea to advertise it here. The fact that they are on the same date is completely coincidental.

It is still unconfirmed whether the tourney will be the 8th or the 15th, the decision is still up in the air. I think it's fair that if our tourny is on the 8th, then all those who planned to go elsewhere should. If the date is changed then it will certaintly be confirmed here.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well as much as I prefer keeping the date, I just heard that due to one of our directors not being able to get to it we'll probably need to push it back regardless (go firgure its the director for the Halo 3 tournament). This is why I hate running a tournament with Halo & Melee, this kind of stuff happens. This will be the first tourny we've had to be this troublesum about the dates.

Oh and SOFT, I dont wish to compete by any means, I fully understand your reasoning in the fact that you want to hold your tourny this date. The only thing I wish to address is that I havent advertised on this site for long but the tournament itself was being advertised sense October 20th in Houston County, that way nobody would place the same date. I wish the best of luck and good time at your tourny, we're probably pushing ours back so there will be no worries or complication to people choosing where to go.

SleepyK

regardless josh, this tournament is in warner robins, which is a good 4 hours away from most of us. yours is like 30 minutes.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
dont bother josh, hold it anyway, your tournament will be better cause of the rules and the fact a competent person will run it.

Plus yours came first, therefore, more people planned for yours anyway.
somebody's afraid of gettin 4 stocked by the Little League World Series CHAMPS NYUKKA

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Singles, people in LOI want it and many of yall do, so no more teams. The date is more than likely delayed as well due to one of our officers having problems with the timing and all. I personally wanna keep out date but whatever, Ill keep yall updated. We confirm the date tomorrow, for real this time.

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Housing means when a smasher chooses to let other smashers (usually from OOS (Out Of State)) to stay the night for a couple of nights to prevent those OOSers from having to make super late night drives home.

We're a tight nit community, and we trust each other alot, though recently in some parts of the country there has been some thievery.

Kyd

Smash Journeyman
Well We met today and the date is finally confirmed. We will hold the tournament on Saturday, December 15th at 11 A.M. All updates will be updated one the first post in the topic shortly after this one.

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
oh gerbil, i just caught something funny.
(no slam to this tourney)

- Banned Stages
1) Icicle Mountain
2) Yoshi's Island
3) Rainbow Cruise
4) Hyrule
5) Venom
6) Brinstar Depths
7) Big Blue

-Flagging

1) This isn't confirmed as part of the tourny, but I may have a flaggin rule where each team flags a level (non-neutral) and marks in banned for their match. I may not do this because simplky scoutting your opponents means you'll probably know their best stage, but I may use it.

2 stages are missing from that list.

And if they cant be banned, ill take a stab in the dark and say carter (or hell, maybe even you LAWL!) could come down and steal this whole tourney.

SleepyK

Stage Striking is a normal part of all tournaments, both teams/players get to ban 1 stage each.

SpeedAcE

Smash Journeyman
oh gerbil, i just caught something funny.
(no slam to this tourney)

2 stages are missing from that list.

And if they cant be banned, ill take a stab in the dark and say carter (or hell, maybe even you LAWL!) could come down and steal this whole tourney.
The perfect incentive for you (or anyone else for that matter) to come.

Top Bottom