• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Temporary Powerrankings

Rizk18

Smash Lord
DarkLouis, MTI, Duck, and Tech_Chase should have HM

Also I should be 8th and Boxxy should be 5th and azure should be tied with Flame for 6th. Coco should be higher, or at least tied with me.

IMO of course.

@Ankoku- Please share your opinion if you find it innaccurate. I honestly think this is a good idea. And it does matter for the few of us unknown MI that play out of state since PR goes into consideration for Seeding
tutu ur rightfully deserved there bro,i respect u the most to be on the list.f**k all the rest bro.u main sheik and ur top 7. You put the most effort in playing and you're getting better too.Keep up the good work.

MythTrainerInfinity

Smash Champion
NNID
MTInfinity
3DS FC
2363-5671-9607
The person who posts above me is a mormon.

Yeah, we probably will have power rankings or something after we get some regular tournaments.

Look at all of the tournaments Ohio is having, even if we had 1/4 as many regular tournaments we'd be doing better as a state. Step it up, Michigan.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
How about everyone who *****es and complains about Michigan not having enough tournaments step up and run one, instead of constantly complaining.

The only Tourney Hosts in MI currently are Tech and myself, ever since Scotu retired Ann Arbor has really slumped with hosting tourneys. Last AA tourney that brought >20 people was LoLiS EX which was in February. Ham and I want to start hosting more WBST but since school starts this week for both of us, dont expect anything for a month or 2 from us in WB

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
If you guys havent seen my last post in the Big Michigan Topic go and get off your ***** and answer lol I need the general population's opinion on when to throw the next Gameyard Showdown. So get on it Michigan!

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Just make this official and not temporary
There are 2 reasons why this thread cannot be the official one as of yet.
  1. Notra is an inactive player atm and isn't seeing the current scene. He is looking at the placings only not the player's overall skill level and how they have increased or decreased.
  2. Michigan has only 4 viable tourneys that could be considered when makeing a PR. (WBST 4, Gameyard Showdown, Michigan Local Tourney 2, and Michigan Ball Z 2) So having a true official PR will be semi inaccurate because of the lesser amounts of tourneys.

Here is what I believe is an accurate PR, I have been to every MI tourney since March and from what I am seeing I believe I am pretty close.
PR
  • 1. Lain
  • 2. Judge
  • 3. Anther
  • 4. Boxxy / L_Cancel
  • 6. Coco
  • 7. Tutu
  • 8. Flame
  • 9. Azure_Kenny
  • 10. MythTrainerInfinity

Honorable Mentions (Based on Tourney placings)*
  • DarkLouis
  • Sparta Kick

* will update later, too lazy right now

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
There's also the problem of needing three or more panelists and a mission statement.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
There's also the problem of needing three or more panelists and a mission statement.
You are correct, I believe that a good panel would be

Tech_Chase, L_Cancel, you and myelf

Tech and Ori
- We are the only current TO's in MI, we see the current metagame and see how people are improving and how people are placing.
L_Cancel
- Everyone trust L's judgement, he is a great player and understands the community well.
Ankoku
- Previous panelist on our old PR, and you created the TSR System for MI. You know what you are doing and it would be wise to have a veteran as a panelist.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
There are 2 reasons why this thread cannot be the official one as of yet.
  1. Notra is an inactive player atm and isn't seeing the current scene. He is looking at the placings only not the player's overall skill level and how they have increased or decreased.
  2. Michigan has only 4 viable tourneys that could be considered when makeing a PR. (WBST 4, Gameyard Showdown, Michigan Local Tourney 2, and Michigan Ball Z 2) So having a true official PR will be semi inaccurate because of the lesser amounts of tourneys.

Here is what I believe is an accurate PR, I have been to every MI tourney since March and from what I am seeing I believe I am pretty close.
PR
  • 1. Lain
  • 2. Judge
  • 3. Anther
  • 4. Boxxy / L_Cancel
  • 6. Coco
  • 7. Tutu
  • 8. Flame
  • 9. Azure_Kenny
  • 10. MythTrainerInfinity

Honorable Mentions (Based on Tourney placings)*
  • DarkLouis
  • Sparta Kick
  • Rizk7

* will update later, too lazy right now
tell me if u notice anything differnt:)

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
Temperance, MI (Borderline OH) Power Rankings:

Panelists:
-DarkLouis
-DarkLouis's dog (Watches my friends and I play all the time!)

Tournaments used to determine results:
-Relay for Life tournament 2010
-Bedford Anime Con 2010
-Random Brawl sessions with DL and bros

1. DarkLouis :snake: :wolf:
2. Makkun :snake: :random:
3. Alex B. (9 year old kid beat DL!) :bowser2:
4. Bubbles :ike:
5. Gage :link2:
6. DarkLouis's mom :zerosuitsamus:
7. Kid who got 2nd at Bedford Anime con 2010 :toonlink:
8. DarkLouis's level 9 Falco cpu :popo:
9. Kristi :random:
10. Costilla :bowser2: :marth:

Inactive/Retired but would still kick *** if playing:
Rush :pit: :zerosuitsamus:

Take this as my application for the PR theme designer. I think it easily beats the previous DBZ PR in terms of creativity and originality. And I hope this PR helps us narrow down our top 10 in the state.

Ah, the fun I have when I'm not tired at 2 a.m. .....

In all seriousness, I agree with Ori's list for the most part. Sparta should be higher than me. I've only been to more tournaments. lol

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Honorable Mwntions were placed in Alphabetical order XD.
also rizk u should not be on HM yet because at the 2 tourneys you have been at, placed 13 and 9, i will not count backyard brawl because it had too few of entrants.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
fail on dark louis part everyone knows DC heros are stupid and over powered, and ot think batman can even hang with those guys without having super powers is a joke. DC sucks marvel > DC IN EVERY WAY. i dare you to try to argue with me

SCOTU

Smash Hero
fail on dark louis part everyone knows DC heros are stupid and over powered, and ot think batman can even hang with those guys without having super powers is a joke. DC sucks marvel > DC IN EVERY WAY. i dare you to try to argue with me
DC has a shorter name, and that's a plus in my book.

Notra

Smash Ace
I love when you rant on anything. I just hear you raging and start laughing. NO one does it like omni lol.

DarkLouis331

Smash Lord
It was an intentional fail to give everyone a chuckle. ^.^

ZTD | TECHnology

The opinion of several active, knowledgeable tournament frequenters is substantially more viable than the opinion of a single knowledgeable but still inactive person. Though Notra's list isn't bad (certainly not bashing him) he's simply not active enough.

Rizk18

Smash Lord
tech change ur pic back to wut it was lol,it was 2 gud. BTW can everyone whos active i tournies share their top 10 and HM? here are mine

top 10(obviously top 3)
1.Lain
2.Judge
3.Anther
4.L cancel
5.Boxxy
6.Azure
7.Flame
8.Tutu
9.Sparta
10.Coco
Honorable Mentions:
Rizk,MTI,WTP,Tech,Dark louis(only people i can think of)
i think Mann should be about 6 or 7 but these are the people i think should be here.everyone please share ur Top 10 and HM so we can see what we get

ZTD | TECHnology

Louis we are discussing this in the Tournament group I made. For now I won't post anything about my opinions on the list but i do have a definitive list in mind. However we still need to discuss it with a few others before we go about making things official. Also we are ironing out a new stage list I'm very excited about and will be using at the next Gameyard. Details and discussion with the community will be open soon.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
tech change ur pic back to wut it was lol,it was 2 gud. BTW can everyone whos active i tournies share their top 10 and HM? here are mine

top 10(obviously top 3)
1.Lain
2.Judge
3.Anther
4.L cancel
5.Boxxy
6.Azure
7.Flame
8.Tutu
9.Sparta
10.Coco
Honorable Mentions:
Rizk,MTI,WTP,Tech,Dark louis(only people i can think of)
i think Mann should be about 6 or 7 but these are the people i think should be here.everyone please share ur Top 10 and HM so we can see what we get
LOL you put yourself as HM this list is officially void

Top Bottom