• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Summer Smash Series 2 Results | 8-16-2014 (Livonia, MI)

Ori_bro

ignite the fire

Project M Singles (Top 32) - 67 Entrants
MSSS2 - Project M Singles Bracket
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ally (1)
$60.00
2nd
Anther (1)
$24.00
3rd
Fizzle (1)
$16.80
4th
LOE1 (1)
$10.80
5th
Nom (1)
$4.20
5th
fZk (1)
$4.20
7th
Lordy (1)
7th
SoulPech (1)
9th
Hyper Crasher (3)
9th
NoTap (3)
9th
Tetraflora (2)
9th
LMT (2)
13th
Juu (3)
13th
JKBuK (3)
13th
Jawesome (2)
13th
Benji (2)
17th
Ksev (3)
17th
Oblivion (3)
17th
Identity Crisis (2)
17th
Angry (2)
17th
Russell (3)
17th
Ryuga (2)
17th
Treetz (2)
17th
Paper (3)

Myself and RSR2 added an $80 Pot Bonus because we broke the record for largest PM local in Michigan history. Buffalo Wild Wings sponsored the event with $40 to be split amongst the top 3 placers of Project M.

1. Ally - $210 (160 + 30 + 20)
2. Anther - $104 (74 + 20 + 10)
3. Fizzle - $70 (50 + 10 + 10)
4. LOE1 - $43 (33 + 10)
5. fZk - $14 (9 + 5)
5. Nom - $14 (9 + 5)

7. SoulPech
7. Lordy
9. LMT
9. Tetraflora
9. Hyper Crasher
9. NoTap
13. Benji
13. Jawesome
13. Juu
13. JKBuK
17. Identity Crisis
17. Angry
17. Ryuga
17. Treetz
17. Russell
17. Paper
17. Ksev
17. Oblivion

--Pools Cut Off--
(Will Update Later)
Project M Doubles - 21 Teams
Bracket - http://challonge.com/msss2pm2

1. Ally + Lordy - $120
2. LOE1 + Juushichi - $60
3. SoulPech + Fizzle - $30
4. Anther + Misa
5. Benji + fZk
5. LMT + Nom
7. Jawesome + Angry
7. Stewy + Identity Crisis
9. Hyper Crasher + Sup
9. Scala + Napkin
9. Oblivion + Ksev
9. RCC | DVG + JKBUK
13. Dillon + Xtrooper
13. King of Blue Lions + Will
13. Young Blood + Sherlock
13. Kissy + 8bit
17. NSwag + Lick
17. JFGameboy + JST93
17. Rotten Yogurt + Jutin Wailord Gros
17. Landy + Bcorn
17. Orthofort + James
Brawl Singles - 23 Entrants
MSSS2 - Brawl Singles
Rank
Player
Characters
User
1st
Ally
$69.00
2nd
LOE1
$34.50
3rd
Ryuga
$11.50
4th
Nom
5th
Ksev
5th
Rog
7th
SoulPech
7th
Oblivion
9th
Iceman
9th
Hyper Crasher
13th
Kider
13th
Jawesome
13th
Ori
17th
RSR2
17th
DTF
17th
N. Main
17th
Nyuu
17th
Turtle
17th
Pork
17th
Young Blood

1. Ally - $70
2. LOE1 - $30
3. Ryuga - $15
4. Nom
5. Ksev
5. Rog
7. Oblivion
7. SoulPech
9. JKBUK
9. Iceman
9. Sup
9. Hyper Crasher
13. Ori
13. Jawesome
13. LMT
13. Kider
17. Turtle
17. Pork
17. Nyuu
17. Young Blood
17. N. Main
17. RSR2
17. DTF

Brawl Doubles - 9 Teams
Bracket - http://challonge.com/msss2b2

1. Ally + Oblivion - $50
2. LOE1 + Ksev - $30
3. Stewy + Ryuga - $10
4. Ori + JKBUK
5. SoulPech + Hyper Crasher
5. Serge + Paramount
7. Pork + Turtle
7. Kider + N.Main
9. Young Blood + Old Spice​

Pokémon XY - 6 Entrants
Bracket - http://challonge.com/msss2pkmn

1. DontBePlayin - $10
2. Nom - $2
3. Iceman
4. Orthofort
5. Ori
5. Nyuu​

Last edited:

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Yo, shoutouts to one of the best locals ever! Project M with 67 entrants and 21 teams!!!

Almost every event was majorly stacked and had a number of new faces

First and foremost, good job to Ori_bro for making one of the latest starting tournaments (1pm-2pm) finish at 11pm (pretty close to the exact end time). You really pulled through as a TO (y) Although it sucks for the 4th seeds (#salty), it was necessary to cut off those people to finish on time. Thanks again for doing pools - they're hype af and a great way to bring out & meet tons of new people in the community

Now in no particular order.. shoutouts to:

JKBuK - Thanks for picking me up as a teammate, sorry if you had to carry me :p It was really fun teaming with you and if we ever get to team again I'm sure we can do even better. We came close to beating 2 top teams. Next time I'm sure we could beat them. It was tons of fun playing you in friendlies. You definitely have a ton of potential

Jawsome - It was fun playing your team in tourney and I had loads of fun in pools & friendlies. That Squirtle was pretty hype

Railz - Glad I could see you again buddy. Your Yoshi had definitely come a long way. Good stuff taking on multiple top players and beating me in most of friendlies. Our matches were a lot closer than when we last played. Keep up the hard work bro

SoulPech - I finally got to see your Jiggs in action. I got bopped this time, but be prepared next time: I'll be ready :D

Ally - Your Ike & Fox are definitely advancing every time I see you play. It's great to know that top level players can still be friendly and a helpful part of the community. Hype friendly matches and I loved watching some of your tourney matches

Tetr4 - Your hard work and improvement shows all the time. From Netplay to irl, you're an amazing player. I can't wait until I get to play your Ness again in a few weeks. It's so hype and really fast paced matches when we play. Good job on your tourney placement.

KSev - That Brawl style P:M Fox is surely improving. I now realize my Bowser grime / gimmicks can't beat your campy Fox. I'm gonna stick it out with my Lucas from now on. GG's and gratz on advancing to bracket & taking 5th in Brawl singles / 2nd in teams

Xtrooper - Double Marth surely gave me and my partner a run for our money. It was difficult with you and most of MI slowly learning the Yoshi MU and your partner knowing the Mario MU. Luckily my partner and I were able to get to the other opp. and clutch out a win. Can't wait to see you around at another tourney (y)

Kissy - "We'll probably forget each other and in shoutouts you'll be that "one guy I played in teams & pools"
Good games man. That last combo, game 2 was so hype: low percent 20-death!! I'm sad you didn't stick around to play some more, you really seemed excited to learn how to improve. Hope your first tourney experience was fun

~~Everybody else my pool - It was good to see new faces & playstyles. I had fun playing everybody
~~Everybody else I played in friendlies~~

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I did it, guys!!! I showed up to a tournament!!!

See y'all in the next 3-4 months.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Due to the somewhat late start/late finish I will make this post about how everything ended up. Here is the tentative vs what happened.

• 10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration
• 12:00 PM - Registration for Brawl Doubles Ends
• 12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles Begins
• 02:00 PM - Project Doubles Begin
• 02:30 PM - Pokémon XY Singles
• 03:00 PM - Brawl Singles Begins
• 04:00 PM - Project M Singles Pools
• 07:00 PM - Project M Singles Bracket (Top 32)
• 10:00 PM - Venue Closes (Have till 11 as overflow)
• 10:00 AM - Venue Opens/Registration
• 12:00 PM - Registration for Brawl Doubles Ends
• 12:30 PM - Brawl Doubles Begins
• 02:00 PM - Brawl Doubles Ended
• 03:00 PM - Project Doubles Began (West MI caught in traffic, but played as soon as they showed up)
• 04:30 PM - Pokémon XY Singles*
• 04:30 PM - Brawl Singles Begins
• 05:00 PM - Project M Singles Pools
• 05:30 PM - Project M Doubles Ends (7 first seeds in PM pools were in top 4 of doubles)
• 08:00 PM - Project M Singles Bracket (Top 24, changed due to time constraints)
• 11:00 PM - Brawl Singles Ends (LOE1 and Ally agree to split due to time constraints)
• 12:15 PM - Project M Singles Ends (Ally reset the bracket and won 6-0)

* Pokemon finishes at BWW, because Nom and DBP could play while waiting for our food.

tl;dr Time data
• Brawl Doubles: 1.5 hours
• Brawl Singles: 6.5 (PM took priority due to # of players)
• PM Doubles: 2.5 hours
• PM Singles: 7.25 hours (pools, bracket)

Yes things ran late, West MI being caught in traffic messed things up slightly but they cooperated and everything pushed through.
For ultimately starting things 2 hours late and having 67 entrants with pools of 8-9, and then doing a 24 man bracket. 7.25 hours is a great time despite the hiccups. The one thing I would have done differently in hindsight was split pools to 2 waves, but since we were behind I wanted to rapid fire pools but the amount of setups we had/how many we lost as the event progressed made it slightly more difficult. I'm not perfect but given these situations, this ran as optimally as it could.

I will be posting shoutouts later today or tomorrow as well as getting the rest of the pools results (aka recording who placed where in pools, I have everything numbered just need to type it out.)

Last edited:

New_Main

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1650-2108-1891
It was pretty sick. Glad I went.

Shoutouts to a sweet ass community!

Hyper Crasher

Smash Apprentice
Shoutouts
Ori-Great tournament, I had a lot of fun, wish you could host more, but good luck in college.
Brawl Dubs
LOE1 + Ksev - $30-Be glad me and Colten didn't go double :jigglypuff: against you two, you've would've been destroyed.
Ori + JKBUK-We had you two scared, admit it :denzel:
SoulPech + Hyper Crasher-Best team NA
Serge + Paramount-Wish we could've done the quad :jigglypuff: match, but oh well maybe next time.
Kider + N.Main-Sorry but the dream was dead
PM Dubs
LMT + Nom-Freaking :ivysaur:, not giving a **** and just vinewhipping everyone
Stewy + Identity Crisis-Double :luigi2:is gonna come back stronger one day and just you wait.
Hyper Crasher + Sup-We need to work on it a little more but there's no where to go but up so lets try and make double :luigi2: the best team in MI
King of Blue Lions + Will-Really interesting team idea with :warioc:+:ganondorf:, really scary for :luigi2:
NSwag + Lick-It was a fun match, GGs
Brawl Singles
LOE1 - $30- I faced you in like every event, the hell? Our match was still fun though
Nom-Nice run in Brawl, almost was gonna face you but my streak through losers was ruined
Ksev-:snake: will return one day, just :luigi2: does better for me atm.
Rog-I heard your set with Kyle was really hype, too bad I was having to play pools and couldn't watch it. Thanks for taking me to go get food though
Oblivion-The two 7th place finishers were two low tiers, hype. :falcon: too good
SoulPech-Our set was so close, but at least I managed to overcome :jigglypuff: just not :wario:
JKBUK-Thanks for the ride, wouldn't have been able to go if it wasn't for you
Iceman-Your set vs Ksev was really hype, and I want to do another bottom 8 iron man again soon.
Sup- Double :luigi2: got double 9th lol, wish we could've played some brawl.
Hyper Crasher-Better than I expected
Ori- Scumbag Ori forgetting about giving me a ride
Jawesome- GGs, didn't even know you had a :dk2: but it was pretty good, Donkey Punch is really scary.
LMT-Didn't even know you played Brawl, hopefully next time we can play.
Pork-You have potential, you also got Ksev helping you, so you're in pretty good hands.
N. Main-It was a fun set, I really hate fighting :marth: though.
PM Singles
Ally - I can't wait to play in bracket, gets a bye. It was cool to see you again, I was luckily able to avoid you in bracket
Anther - What did I say about bullying the new players?
LOE1 - Why am I able to do better against you with :warioc: than I am with my own main?
fZk - :diddy:is annoying, it's a whole new game vs him.
Nom - Congrats on 5th, but we still need to do our ironman.
SoulPech- It was great seeing you again, I'll probably see you at shuffle.
Tetraflora-It was cool meeting you, :kirby2:is really weird to fight though.
Hyper Crasher-Didn't expect to place 9th at all, really happy to place this high
Benji-It was cool seeing you again, kind of sucked that most of west mi forgot about me though :/
JKBuK-:mario2:vs :luigi2: is a really fun matchup, :luigi2:is just a different matchup
Identity Crisis-It was cool seeing you again, too bad we didn't play or anything
Angry-Your :peach: surprised me, hopefully next time I won't be as surprised.
Paper-It was cool seeing you again, hope you come to more tournaments, and hopefully we eventually play.
Will-Congrats on being the only person to get a 2-1 in our pool, your :lucas: surprised me though, hopefully you keep going to events.
Shoutouts to a fun tournament, it was great Ori
Shoutouts to 67 entrants
Shoutouts to the the top 3 people in my pool all maining Mario characters

I'm hoping for more tournaments in the future, and hopefully school doesn't get in the way of that.

W.C.N

Smash Lord
Sounds like you already know you needed to do waves, but you also needed to shrink the pool size down as well, would have saved you so much time.

And if you are losing setups causing your tourney to go slower you shouldn't be giving those people their money back for venue

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Waves was the only answer to the problems that happened, changing how many pools there were was out of the question. 8 pools was the best way to handle the amount of people. I wasn't about to do 16 pools of 4 and have top 2 make it out that is bad. Pools need to be done in powers of 2 (2, 4, 8, 16, 32, etc.) in order to have it accurately translate to bracket.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Finally got home after a 8 hour drive.

Still salty. PM sucks. Brawl sucks. Everybody sucks.

I'm gonna play reel fightin gamez like Street Furter.

Shoutouts later.

xtrooper

Smash Rookie
I thought that this was an awesome tourney!!! During the tournament I saw many new faces and it became a first tournament to a lot of new players. It was great to have pools for the newcomers to see how these tournaments are run. Its always great to see someone going to their first tournament because we all have been in that spot of a new setting, seeing new people and getting to see how good people are at the game we all know and love.

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
I don't play brawl last time I played it was in 2008 when I won a tournament for it lmao i was just trolling to see what I do this tournament lol

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
GGs to everyone I played. Really satisfied with my performance in PM singles. I can feel myself getting better and learning to adapt better.

Shoutouts to lain for not showing up (or telling me beforehand he couldn't make it, like he claimed he would do if he couldn't) and making my partner situation very hectic and last-minute.

When's the next tourney?

luigi master tae

Smash Journeyman
Considering me and Nom never teamed before it was pretty fun to have a link and ivy team by the way where's the points so I can claim my self

fZk

Smash Lord
All the points are within the Spoiler tags.
I think he means that all the points are zero.

Edit: nevermind, points are there now.

This was a fun tourney, could have definitely used more setups. People are slacking with that.

Last edited:
Top Bottom