• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I believe they were counting some East Lansing tourneys. The ones that Rayquaza has won both of.

fZk

Smash Lord
Have you even been to 2 (eligible) tourneys? You were at rootfest 7 but I haven't seen you other than that this season.
Yes. I've been to 5 eligible tourneys.
5th @ PWN1
2nd @ Spartan Biweeklies 2
2nd @ Spartan Biweeklies 3
9th @ Rootfest 7
2nd @ Rootfest 8

Still waiting for the Biweeklies to be added, even though they don't count for much.

Edit: I know Super was just listing random names, I was joking.

Last edited:

zyth

Smash Lord
Is this gonna be like the PWN shop all over again? being placed under Nom and Axrz cuz no one listened to me, then beating them both in tourny

Axrz

Smash Apprentice
Is this gonna be like the PWN shop all over again? being placed under Nom and Axrz cuz no one listened to me, then beating them both in tourny
1. Beating someone doesn't mean you'll be placed above them. For example, Super has beaten Anther, but Super suggested himself that he should be placed below Anther.
2. If you have the results to prove you belong on the power rankings, you'll be up there.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
1. Beating someone doesn't mean you'll be placed above them. For example, Super has beaten Anther, but Super suggested himself that he should be placed below Anther.
2. If you have the results to prove you belong on the power rankings, you'll be up there.
That being said, Zyth should be above both you and Nom. lol

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
and then you got outplaced and tied with Axrz.

Nominate10

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5000-3932-8404
Placings don't matter, it's who you beat and who you lose to.
True. And I didn't mean to imply that. But beating someone doesn't mean you're better than them based on that alone.

zyth

Smash Lord
consistently beating someone tends to imply you are better than them.

and at PWn shop I lost to Lain, who went on to fight you and you lost to as well nom. if i had beaten lain and fought you again results have shown that i more than likely I would have beaten you again

lordhelmet

Smash Master
I don't like the idea of block placements. That would be fine if our top 3 was a triangle but IIRC Anther hasn't lost to Zino or Loe since Ranbats.

1. Anther
2. Zinoto - Low attendance, "loses" to Anther and Loe. Strongest OoS player IMO.
3. Loe1 - Has a win over Zino but lacks performance history to break top 3.
4. Lordy - Most consistent in WM. Positive record for Super, even vs Jason Benji. 1-2 this season vs Blake (IIRC).
5. Super - Strong OoR player. Has good wins but loses to Lordy, Benji, and Blake.
6. Benji - Mr. Inconsistent. Even vs Lordy, Positive vs Super, Jason, and Blake. Placed under Super due to bad losses (Jawsome, ZBet, etc.)
7. L_Cancel - Low attendance, difficult to rank, Possibility for a top 4 player in future seasons. Loses to Super?, Blake?. Even vs Lordy. Positive vs Benji and Loe?.
8. Blake - Positive vs Lordy and Super. Has losses to Jawsome and Benji.
9. Rage/fZk/Jawsome/East MI players I am unaware of

Top 3 are hard to debate against. Myself being 4th is debatable but justified IMO. 5-8 are all very close and could change with just one upset. Rage only has wins vs fZk to my knowledge, he could be a top 4 player but he has no attendance to prove it. Juan and Mike seem to be pretty even in terms of wins and losses with Juan winning the head to head. I don't know of any other East MI players being better than the 3 for 9th. Lain?

Other good players: Ginger/ZBet I don't think they have done anything recently enough to merit top 10 but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
I actually don't have any loses to super or blake this season. 2-1 with Benji. 1-1 with lordy, my loss in pools, my win in bracket. 1-1 to LOE1. Other wins on fzk, and trail. Only other losses were Bigy and Anther. And a loss to nom in pools. Super does have 2 wins on Anther this season, which should be taken into account but multiple losses to lordy and Benji. His OoS wins aren't very notable either despite placing high at shuffle. Lordy has multiple wins against Super and Benji, but few other notable wins. Currently the top 3 seems pretty accurtate,
1. Anther
2. Zinoto
3. LOE1
but it's pretty difficult beyond that. Hopefully there will be a couple tournies that will give us better data before the season closes. However, due to my lack of data vs some of the tournament attendies, I would vouch for putting super and lordy both at 4th. and myself at 6th. Benji due to lack of consistency at 7th. I'm not sure about the remainder as of now... Possibly Blake 8th, and the final 2 positions are difficult to fill.

Last edited:

lordhelmet

Smash Master
YE. Thanks for clearing that up. I forgot that Super was 2-0 vs Anther. I wanna see the rematch tho. It feels like so much has changed since PWN 1. Top 3 is pretty set but the rest of us are really uncertain in terms of skill. Like I said before, Jason and Rage would be top 4 material if they would attend events. And yeah I don't have any really good wins besides West MI ranked and Trail I guess. Only thing keeping me afloat is consistency over the other WM players atm.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I could be lower, I could be higher. I'm positive against Anther and LOE1, despite the loss at SPAU3 that still leaves me salty to this day. Never have played against Zinoto and I've not met up with Lordy in bracket for a long time. However, it's clear to me I'm not as strong as I was, so I won't put up much of a fight for being placed lower for now. I'm much too weak against Melee characters with established metagames. I have to get consistent before I baw at any placements.

Now I'm just curious where everyone falls. I tried to make a list but failed to make a strong case for anyone. Even Anther has me scratching my chin and wondering just how much longer can he hold out against the rising wave of talent.

With Roofest and UFGT:X coming up that I plan on attending, and possibly even something else(Final Lordyfest?), I hope to get the matches I want in, (Lordy rematch, Zinoto, Anther rematch). With so many tournaments still to come, I have to say it is too early for anything clear.

Also I thought LOE1 beat Zinoto recently? At some Ranbats or something, I dunno.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
guys guys guys

1. Anther
2. Zinoto
3. LOE1
4. WuVs
5. Ori
6. Nominate10
7. Old Fart Xacticc
8. SuperTheHedgehog
9. Lordhelmet the Flabulous
10. SoulPecker

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
From what I've seen, I'd hesitate to put Zinoto higher than most unless I see him fight other notable players? Like, he got far at Shuffle, but who did he beat? Insofar he used to beat Anther and LOE1 in the past, but it looks like he loses now. He simply has not played anyone from half the state, so I hesitate to continue placing higher by sheer force that he's Zinoto. He's likely deserving of top spots, but I'm just not sure that's enough.

Last edited:

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I know his shuffle victories included Nintendude and ripple but thats all i know off the top of my head, but when it comes to anther/loe1 he has had victories on them in the past and it was at tfts and pwn2 that he dropped sets to both of them

Last edited:

L_Cancel

Smash Champion
LOE1 is 2-2 with Zinoto for sets this season. He is also 2-2 with Anther and has wins on Nintendude, Carls and DLA, each of whom are respective threats in their own region. Zinoto also has the best losses. His only losses other than anther and LOE1 were Denti and M2k. If LOE1 continues to show dominance over Zinoto in the closing tournies of the month, I think he will deserve 2nd, but if not, he should remain 3rd.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm tied on Carls, positive on Anther and LOE1, beat the guy who beat Nintendude(that Inui logic!). Zinoto's reputation in-state is lacking, and is losing more recently to his previous wins.

In all likelihood I'm more willing to bet Zinoto is closer to L_Cancel than Anther or LOE1. He's shown up to some events, but I simply don't think he's played against his own state enough to justify 2nd or even 3rd. Shuffle is his strongest argument, and it is a good argument, but on the same token he lost to Carls in pools at Shuffle. From what I've heard, Zinoto isn't really getting better at PM, he's just... good. Really good. But everyone is improving and I don't think we're taking that into account.

But as I've said before, we're not even at the end of the season. We've got weeks of tournaments still to go, from Chicago and SKTAR(I've heard rumors?), to rootfest and the Final Lordyfest on the 31st to wrap up the season. I hope Zinoto makes it out to one West MI event so we can get a clearer idea of where he places in regards to MI as a whole, not just a hurdle East MI has to pass.

whitmorethetoadpirate

Smash Apprentice
I actually don't have any loses to super or blake this season. 2-1 with Benji. 1-1 with lordy, my loss in pools, my win in bracket. 1-1 to LOE1. Other wins on fzk, and trail. Only other losses were Bigy and Anther. And a loss to nom in pools. Super does have 2 wins on Anther this season, which should be taken into account but multiple losses to lordy and Benji. His OoS wins aren't very notable either despite placing high at shuffle. Lordy has multiple wins against Super and Benji, but few other notable wins. Currently the top 3 seems pretty accurtate,
1. Anther
2. Zinoto
3. LOE1
but it's pretty difficult beyond that. Hopefully there will be a couple tournies that will give us better data before the season closes. However, due to my lack of data vs some of the tournament attendies, I would vouch for putting super and lordy both at 4th. and myself at 6th. Benji due to lack of consistency at 7th. I'm not sure about the remainder as of now... Possibly Blake 8th, and the final 2 positions are difficult to fill.
This sounds reasonable. I don't really have anything else to add.

Last edited:

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
AntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAnther

Preview of what is quite probably the PR list by my guess

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. Zinoto
4. Super
5. Lordy
6. Benji
7. fZk
8. Blake

My thoughts on what it should be

1. Anther
2. LOE1
3. Super
4. Benji/Zinoto
5. Benji/Zinoto/Lordy
6. Lordy/Zinoto
7. L_Cancel
8. Daddy's Kisses

I have no idea where Zinoto falls, but I'm confident in my abilities to overcome him, and honestly confident that Lordy could as well, but Benji would have a harder time because of character pride more than anything. Having played all but Zinoto, I can only say I'm a bit shaky on the last spot, and of course 4-6. We've always had difficulty in this region simply because there are a lot of traded wins, and a lot of growing between tournaments. Can I beat Benji now? I don't know, the most recent match against him was Charizard vs. DK in Crews with a 2 stock deficit. Are sets against Anther and myself going to devolve into blind picks Game 1? Probably. Am I finally going to calm down against LOE1 and not run into every Side B ever? We'll see.

Benji is often beating out Lordy in their sets, but he has a more difficult time dealing with unique characteristics, such as Squirtle's movement or Pikachu's QAC. Lordy stays the most consistent against his state, with very few upsets appearing against him as the rest of the state improves. LMT is taking great strides in the state, proving that he is the best Link in the state and likely will be showing up strong in the next PR. TBird's greatest problem is running into roadblocks against his own housemate or Melee vets with plenty of Falcon experience, and yet he deserves a steady eye as a real threat in MI. I always hear the same words from every middle-ground player who has run against TBird - they lose, and they talk about that randy Falcon. L_Cancel's Mario is heavy on solid fundamentals, but is he gonna work even harder on developing PM tech and picking up his speed? He's already taken on and even beat a few of the nation's strongest players in Brawl, so his transition to PM is all that's holding him back. LOE1 has more recently defeated Zinoto in nearly all their recent tournaments, and soundly took two sets from me(after this season was over). But he has certain weaknesses to certain characters, and most of them seem mental, so the question of how good he is outside of MI is questionable, however his victory against Carls was a step in the right direction, and if he could start bringing Anther down a set, or even a few games, and I'd feel more comfortable with our minor Smasher leading PM. Especially if he downloaded the blasted game.

The thing holding back our game on a national level though is likely the fact that our top PM-focused players, which are Anther, Lordy, and Myself, live a good distance from each other, and there is not a strong Netplay presence in our state at all. If Emukiller proved anything at SKTAR, Netplay experience translates greatly into offline play. It does take a mildly impressive rig to run Netplay, though, so I don't actually blame anyone on this, but if does greatly hold MI back.

What's worse, though, is what is holding back our game on a regional level. Outside of Anther's level, which is built from three solid games worth of learning his character, none of us stack up to Chicago, and other Midwest power areas are teeming with talent. I think this comes from a lack of play between the two sides of the state. I have never seen IC or Nom come out to a West MI tournament, and honestly it's rare to see some interplay between East MI in general - Daddy's Kisses is an amazing Mewtwo, but I've only seen that's he's rarely entered a tournament out east, instead coming out to, I believe three? Three separate West MI events. This is someone who I could see handily taking on the known PR and taking names right away. Does East MI even known him as a threat? Does East MI know of Robjoe, who almost always is taken out early by a high ranking player? Not to mention that A2 is starting to clean house in Muskegon, now consistently getting stronger wins over the local scene, defeating the usual gatekeepers of skill, Storm/Smalls, ManaX, and Sophy. I think Tech_Chase will be happy that his favorite Smasher now has some burgeoning skill to back up his crazier style. I know I don't know many players in East MI outside Tech, Nom, IC(barely), and some Brawl players who play PM with some consistancy(Ori, Xatic, etc.).

Next season I am predicting a bloodbath in skill. There are a lot of good players chomping at the bit to claim sets from the foreseeable PR, such as Daddy's Kisses, Tech_Chase, Nom, Jawsome, IC and Robjoe. Some have even already taken said sets from shoe-in PR players. If they push themselves that extra distance, I doubt that 'the players will even out and settle' as what some people claimed. In fact, I would say no one's position is even close to safe.

AntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAntherAnther

Last edited:

Xatic

Smash Lord
We will be releasing the official PR tomorrow night (around midnight). Thanks for everyone's input and it will be taken into consideration when making our final decisions.

Also, Root (afk?/really hard to get a hold of) and L_Cancel (left because of lack of motivation in smash) will be leaving us [the panel] after this season.

R.I.P.

Top Bottom