• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Project M Michigan Project M Power Rankings

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
This is the MI Project M Power Rankings thread used to discuss how top players in the state should be ranked. I'm sure there's a MI discussion forum somewhere...

If you want help on improving feel free to message me any videos or questions you may have, I can be of great assistance. If you want this video analyzed for either player let me know and I can help you out.
Thanks! Sorry, it's called the mi power rankings and social, so I figured this would be a good place.

D e l t a

That one guy who does the thing with a camera.
Thanks! Sorry, it's called the mi power rankings and social, so I figured this would be a good place.
Yeah the social part is probably for discussion about the PR. Did you want tips on your video btw?

Jayhawker

Smash Apprentice
Yeah the social part is probably for discussion about the PR. Did you want tips on your video btw?
It would be great if you could give me tips, I really have a lot to work on :p but I'm also going to a tournament tomorrow (ZTD Prologue) and I'll be able to get help there, I'm sure my friend would appreciate tips on his game also.

Kerfuffle

Smash Apprentice
Meh, not so sure about that. We have some really talented players outside of just the PR. Not to mention ya know... The people on the PR.

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
Meh, not so sure about that. We have some really talented players outside of just the PR. Not to mention ya know... The people on the PR.
PR is biased because West MI TOs>East MI TOs, there are underrated players out here who are either better than some of the bottom 5 PR and we have plenty who would be sitting just outside the PR.

Not me though I suck LOL.

D e l t a

PR is biased because West MI TOs>East MI TOs, there are underrated players out here who are either better than some of the bottom 5 PR and we have plenty who would be sitting just outside the PR.

Not me though I suck LOL.
Agree with this 100%. The day that East MI steps up and gets carpools out to West MI, we'll prove how good we are. Till then, it's just our locals, a few scattered West MI locals, and other large tournies that people make it out to.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I'm probably off the Top 8/Top 10 by now. I'm so out of practice I'm hella scrub.

But yeah I'd be surprised if anyone who isn't in the Top East MI PR players could put any sort of dent in Taps, Chosen Juan, or Dirtboy at this time. Hell, non-PR Crew Battle would be a blood bath.

I'd put money on Taps, Juan, Dirtboy, TBird, and Robjoe just absolutely ripping non-PR East MI apart.

Last edited:

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
I'm probably off the Top 8/Top 10 by now. I'm so out of practice I'm hella scrub.

But yeah I'd be surprised if anyone who isn't in the Top East MI PR players could put any sort of dent in Taps, Chosen Juan, or Dirtboy at this time. Hell, non-PR Crew Battle would be a blood bath.

I'd put money on Taps, Juan, Dirtboy, TBird, and Robjoe just absolutely ripping non-PR East MI apart.
I have no idea who any of those people are aside from Juan and Dirtboi but only because of the massive amount of stuff those two talked.

imo regional pride aside both east and west are strong but we're completely unfamiliar with each other's players which is why I want these mms/crew battles/regional tourney whatever to happen.

D e l t a

I have no idea who any of those people are aside from Juan and Dirtboi but only because of the massive amount of stuff those two talked.
I know all those players mentioned pretty well aside from Mason (Taps). To clarify a tad for anybody in the thread including Yono...

Juan TC1 is pretty good Roy and plays at an above average level.
Dirtboy has a solid Squirtle and does well.
TBird has a smooth Falcon and is somewhat inconsistent, but can perform well most days.
Robjoe last I heard plays Charizard and is really good. He's probably one of the better, non-PR West MI players if he's advanced at the same level as everyone else.

we're completely unfamiliar with each other's players which is why I want these mms/crew battles/regional tourney whatever to happen.
As a whole yes, many are unfamiliar with one another.

Personally, I would say that West MI non-PR has a slight upper hand in East vs West. West MI plays against each other consistently and always has high level play to improve upon. East MI has great players, but they're never at the same tourneys all the time. That, or they're netplay warriors / local hidden bosses that rarely come out to events due to one reason or another.

All being said and done, I can't wait for East vs West MI (PR and non-PR) to happen.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
Robjoe is also the only player in MI to beat a National level threat in one of the most jankiest, saltiest matches to ever grace the internet.

Because it was streamed on VGBC, it's gone now. You can still find it on various 'salt compilations,' though.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice

I beat Juan, tbird, and robjo last time we met in bracket. Im fine with being an underestimated unmentionable though. It makes my "upsets" feel all the more rewarding i guess.

Jawsome

Smash Apprentice
I was picking players who are constantly unmentioned, and, as seen already, almost entirely unknown.

Everyone knows Jawsome.
You would think so, but my Random prowess seem to elude alot of east mi. In our top 5 un pr'd players i say Dirtboi, tbird, tap(for character gahdliness), then two of me, juan, aeros, zbet

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
Robjoe is also the only player in MI to beat a National level threat in one of the most jankiest, saltiest matches to ever grace the internet.

Because it was streamed on VGBC, it's gone now. You can still find it on various 'salt compilations,' though.
Not true, Dirty Deeds is East MI and he sent SFAT to losers at TBH4. It wasnt on stream though.

Solharath

[ZTD] CEO
I have no idea who Dirty Deeds is? Is that Melee or PM?

SFAT is a national threat in Melee, but he isn't in PM, as well. I've gotten over the fact that I've beaten some high level Melee players, but it doesn't really account for much in PM - I know not of his character, but Fox is everywhere and if you know what to do against an unsuspecting player, they may not adapt in time. Like, I've beaten sponsored players like VGBC | Redd, or accomplished players like pikachad(2nd at BH3). Not undercutting his win, of course, and also I was half joking - Robjoe beat K9, an established PM threat, although the circumstances were... odd, for sure.

I just wanna play Dirty Deeds now. Color me Interested.

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
I have no idea who Dirty Deeds is? Is that Melee or PM?

SFAT is a national threat in Melee, but he isn't in PM, as well. I've gotten over the fact that I've beaten some high level Melee players, but it doesn't really account for much in PM - I know not of his character, but Fox is everywhere and if you know what to do against an unsuspecting player, they may not adapt in time. Like, I've beaten sponsored players like VGBC | Redd, or accomplished players like pikachad(2nd at BH3). Not undercutting his win, of course, and also I was half joking - Robjoe beat K9, an established PM threat, although the circumstances were... odd, for sure.

I just wanna play Dirty Deeds now. Color me Interested.
PM, but SFAT actually does play PM. He's mostly a melee player but he still puts time into PM unlike a lot of other top melee players.

SFAT is also way better than Redd and Pikachad, hes ranked 1st in norcal melee. its like saying you shouldn't give someone credit for beating Mango in PM

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
LOL I didnt realize the set was BO1. Good **** to robjoe for taking a game but if youre going to use that as one of West MI's accomplishments it means nothing. I'd be more impressed with him taking you out in a bo5 than him taking anyone out in a BO1.

EDIT: LMAO on Onett too... really? I know you said you were kidding the way you presented it to me didn't sound like a joke as I had no idea what you were talking about... then you try to argue that Deeds beating SFAT isn't impressive because SFAT isn't as good in PM...

Last edited:

Juushichi

sugoi ~ sugoi ~
What even would be the lineup for East vs West MI?

Lordy/Lain/Juan/etc vs Tetra/Anther/LOE1/etc?

Last edited:

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
Lordy said Me (Yono), Samn, Dirty Deeds and Kuma vs Dirtboi, TheChosenJuan, Tbird, and Aeros would be a very even non PR crew battle and he probably has more knowledge of both regions than most people.

If we wanna make it bigger we also have Toast, NoJ, and Nom for team East Side (i'd probably be the weakest person in my crew tbh). From the facebook post west side players and Lordy suggested Tap and Daniella as possible west side crew members.

D e l t a

If and when this happens, I'd like to captain East MI even if I'm not part of the actual lineup.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
The rise of Michigan Project M was extremely hype because for once, West MI was better than East MI at something. This began to change after I moved because our top 3 (not including me) all stopped playing regularly.

Still really hope Sam and friends bring a car up to Equinox. The 4 v 4 I mentioned earlier would be very close imo.

and Edit: Posting in here as a social is fine (changed the title to match Michigan Melee). PR is basically dead since TOs have stopped being reliable about posting brackets, panel is lazy, and no one really cares except for the people who might make #8-10.

Last edited:

D e l t a

Still really hope Sam and friends bring a car up to Equinox. The 4 v 4 I mentioned earlier would be very close imo.

and Edit: Posting in here as a social is fine (changed the title to match Michigan Melee). PR is basically dead since TOs have stopped being reliable about posting brackets, panel is lazy, and no one really cares except for the people who might make #8-10.
If I go, I can bring a few others with me. I'll be sure to let East MI know if I'm confirmed or not by the next 2 weeks.

Regarding the PR, I'd be happy to assist as a panelist. It sucks about TOs not posting brackets or having results to claim most of the time in addition to lack of streams outside of ZTD and a few other smaller ones. Even if our top 5 don't care, it's important for the PR list to be recognized

haru-zocole

Smash Cadet
The rise of Michigan Project M was extremely hype because for once, West MI was better than East MI at something. This began to change after I moved because our top 3 (not including me) all stopped playing regularly.

im an up and coming west michigan smasher. ill do crew battle or help with PR panel too.

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet
Look, i'm just going by what i've seen on stream and in person. I've seen everybody on that list play, and judging by what I've seen, it looks heavily favored for West. Not disrespecting East MI at all.
LOL yeah automatically assuming East is trash because you don't go to East side events isnt disrespectful at all don't worry.

YonoSSB

Smash Cadet

Equinox is pretty close to our finals week but we'll try.

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Slight update to OP. We will release the new list when 3.6 drops. Deepvoiceguy is our newest panelist. Welcome him.

Edit: I guess his tag is Delta now

Last edited:
Top Bottom