• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I've entered more tourneys on the list this ranking period than anyone else, so please don't accuse me of trying to avoid losses...

Wins vs alts can be legit but there should be some way to distinguish that on the wins and losses table. That's really my whole point.

kd-

Smash Lord
Main chickens, frauds, MI's more concerned about looking less free than the rest of this free state. This is why we're bad.

Also, that was a joke. I'm the first to cop out.

Also also, HOLY DRAMA IS MI MELEE BACK? On the boards at least maybe?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nothing like a PR update stirs the salt in the MI Melee basin.

The issue of wins vs mains and wins vs secondaries is something the PR panel has to deal with, bottomline. Do your research, everyone.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Trying to get you to enter the tourny this saturday. It's an opportunity to win. Take it.

Drawing the "alt" line basically is just a judgement call of how good the player is. I'm confused as to why you'd draw it between shaeden's fox/falco, because that's like saying Shady's Fox/Falcon are considerably worse than his Marth. Or Slayer's marth is considerably worse than his falcon. That isn't the case.

Some people have alt's to cover matchups or bad days. And on those day's, their alt performs better. Clearly your fox isn't legit. But the day when it does become a worthy win is subjective and why this is an issue.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Josh, I'm disappointed you think I would bail from a tourney given the opportunity. I attended and entered every single tourney on the list this ranking period except Apasher's Melee Monthlies 2, and the only reason I missed that was because I was on vacation in California and even entering tourneys there.

How many tourneys on the list did you attend?

If you must know, I can't stay long on Saturday... that's why I was lobbying for no pools.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Nobody retired me you imbecile..
People who act out more than they're worth are rather irritating..
I can come out to some tourneys when I'm in the mood and have the funds or means to in the near future..

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I'm pulling all the strings to try and get you to enter Rob. I don't want it to be so common for people to come and not enter singles. There are 3 people that are doing it right now and for small tournies, every person matters. I understand if you can't and I'm looking forward to our MM's regardless.

And I'm not sure your level of care about the p/r. I don't care at all about my rank, but I perceived you to care more. If that was the case the lobbying for no pools could be construed as a way to avoid a loss. Then you said "there aren't enough notable p/r players in attendance," followed by deciding not to enter. My bad Rob. To remedy the situation, let's play a Bo5. However many games it takes to win is the number of $ you get from the other player.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah bo5 sounds good. But I must warn you, spoiler alert, I'll be taking that Tremor $.

Taking MMs with my Falcon, Fox, and Marth at Beach House. Come at me bros.

kd-

Smash Lord
I'm pulling all the strings to try and get you to enter Rob. I don't want it to be so common for people to come and not enter singles. There are 3 people that are doing it right now and for small tournies, every person matters. I understand if you can't and I'm looking forward to our MM's regardless.
Hidden drama? When did Rob say he didn't want to enter and/or "not enough notable players in attendance"? Or is it on facebook or something...

To remedy the situation, let's play a Bo5. However many games it takes to win is the number of $ you get from the other player.
Wait so if I 3-0 you I get $3, but if I win 3-2 I get $5?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yup. You're welcome to drop games in the hope of making more money. But if you lose, you also lose more money.

Yes, facebook. And sounds good Rob!

Nothing like a PR update stirs the salt in the MI Melee basin.

The issue of wins vs mains and wins vs secondaries is something the PR panel has to deal with, bottomline. Do your research, everyone.

When we were judging wins based on people's mains/alts we had a problem that certain people if they felt like they would lose the set normally, would use a secondary to avoid the loss looking as bad as it should have. You can't trust people when you give them easy outs

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
This thread is dumb. You're all dumb. Tremor sucks and only beat my fox. I suck (did anyone see me vs duck at that one tournament, damn) and need to be taken off this silly PR.

Also, =)

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Any chance you guys might be interested in coming to one of my weeklies? I'm new to the MI scene and wanted to see if you guys would show up. We usually get around 20 locals, so the prize pool is decent every week. I made a thread about it earlier.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Are these melee weeklies? If you seriously have 20 people come to your locals, that's impressive. Are you a part of Michigan Melee on facebook? And are you guys coming to the tourny this saturday?

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
shut the **** up rye. i'm worth what i say i'm worth, and for your part so are you. my relative skill is a different matter but even that doesn't change the outcome of a match already passed.

the reason everyone talks **** to you is because you're the saltiest ***** in the state and make everything worse for yourself by taking it so seriously. and that's coming from the original primary training partner of ****ing rh1thmz who wasn't as aimlessly salty as you even circa 2010 when i realized i could shffl.

don't call other people worthless when it's so obvious how worthless you think yourself.

Artificial Flavour

Smash Apprentice
Any chance you guys might be interested in coming to one of my weeklies? I'm new to the MI scene and wanted to see if you guys would show up. We usually get around 20 locals, so the prize pool is decent every week. I made a thread about it earlier.
We been trying to get Melee going in GR for ages, where you at?

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
No love for the Doc player who tears thru Juggleguys made up triple loser bracket at Body City and comes in 5th at masonfest, not even a mention :( well that is ok. You can look good on paper, people, but I'll still find a way to beat you. (old school Midland trash talk)

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
shibby get out of here with your old school scrubby doc (real talk). When you beat ranked players, you'll be mentioned.

RyeJew where you at? Saturday is in the near future.

And to any new or hesitant players. Come out to the beach house this saturday! It's a lot of fun.

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Are these melee weeklies? If you seriously have 20 people come to your locals, that's impressive. Are you a part of Michigan Melee on facebook? And are you guys coming to the tourny this saturday?
Unfortunately, nome of us are good enough to want to go to tournies. We really want help from the MI scene. We want to evolve and improve our gameplay.

We been trying to get Melee going in GR for ages, where you at?
Chilling at GrandLan. Come hang dude, we run 64 a lot and we really want to run P:M as well as Brawl. I know its a lot of games, but I think we can do it. :) Pm me man I'll throw you my number, I'd love to get more people in this, and I have a bunch of questions too.

On another note, I livestream a lot of smash (and other stuff) at www.twitch.tv/miredialol

Also look at how bad I am at designing posters lol.

Attachments

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
AA people, anyone drivin who I could hitch a ride from? I could meet you on central.

Still not 100% cuz of school crap but lookin at options.
Yo someone help this guy out. I know Juggle is coming but won't be staying for singles as he is busy. What about Thugz? It'll be good to see you man

Unfortunately, nome of us are good enough to want to go to tournies. We really want help from the MI scene. We want to evolve and improve our gameplay.
Honestly, going to tournaments are the best way to improve your gameplay. Especially small ones with lots of setups that are only $5 to enter! It's extremely difficult to improve without playing players much better than you who can give you advice and help you to improve. We're all friendly people who love to help.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
LOL what the hell are you going off about.. Calm down dude..
Taking things a little too seriously out of proportion jeez..
Stop stirring up hate to get attention please, it's rather annoying..

Miridia

Smash Apprentice
Honestly, going to tournaments are the best way to improve your gameplay. Especially small ones with lots of setups that are only $5 to enter! It's extremely difficult to improve without playing players much better than you who can give you advice and help you to improve. We're all friendly people who love to help.
That's what we want, but I'm probably one of the two people that A: own a car and B: Even remotely knows how to play this game. I mean no one here knows how to wavedash except for myself. They don't know how to l cancel either. I'm trying to teach them, I just need more advice. I need a video I can show everyone.

Question: Can you record melee on an El Gato capture card and have the actual gameplay still be okay?

General Heinz

Smash Journeyman
rye i'm actually only trying to be supportive. you have the worst mindset mi has ever seen but you're a really good player.

if you decide to stop being salty come out to beach house for a runback

CTL17

Smash Lord
AA people, anyone drivin who I could hitch a ride from? I could meet you on central.

Still not 100% cuz of school crap but lookin at options.
If you're going and have a ride, I might tag along. Or I can only play teams like always and leave with Rob.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
No love for the Doc player who tears thru Juggleguys made up triple loser bracket at Body City and comes in 5th at masonfest, not even a mention :( well that is ok. You can look good on paper, people, but I'll still find a way to beat you. (old school Midland trash talk)
How many ranked players did you beat in the aforementioned tourneys?

Doesn't make much sense to consider someone for the top 10 before they've beaten anyone in the top 10.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
You really are just a child huh..
And you're clearly not helping if you come into the thread saying you retired me [like really?]
I'll go to whatever tournament I can/want to and trash you then if you really want jeez,
so shut up already you nutcrack attention wh0re; you clearly are absent minded while posting I swear.

Vaccine

Smash Journeyman
i beat shady twice once a beach house 2 and once at beach house 3
i beat tremor at beach house 2
i beat dre at was that you julian 2 (i still think dre should be #1)

slayertokey

Smash Journeyman
Logan I beat you at beach house 3 and you beat me at beach house 2. And then I beat you at apashers. 2-1 in favor of me

I also beat shaeden at the beach house 3.
Beach house 3 upsets:
"Notable upsets include: Tremor over Shaeden, Shady over HIV, Slayer over HIV, and KJH over Shaeden"

i'm counting the pools matches as well. i don't wanna hear no pools johns after all these secondaries johns from everyone.

Shaeden

Smash Journeyman
You really are just a child huh..
And you're clearly not helping if you come into the thread saying you retired me [like really?]
I'll go to whatever tournament I can/want to and trash you then if you really want jeez,
so shut up already you nutcrack attention wh0re; you clearly are absent minded while posting I swear.
This is amazing on so many levels if this is somehow serious. I can't wait for this dude to off himself.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
lol tremor and juggleguy, I went to like, 3 tourneys this year, not like I actually think I am in the top 10. Honestly I don't recall beating any of you. Maybe ever, except a friendly once every lots of matches. The thing is, is that I can get better and I kind of like you guys underestimating me. I don't really care that I wasn't considered. Maybe another season I'll attend more events and make progress in my game to overcome some of you cocky guys, maybe not. Honestly, I don't care that much. I want to get better, and I want to have fun. These are the only two reasons I need to keep playing smash.I've lost more tourney matches here than probably any other player. If I quit because of losing, I'd be gone a long time ago, but I keep getting better, and it keeps being fun.

Talk crap to me all you want. If you beat me, so what. But if I win, it is going to suck a lot worse for you ;)

Top Bottom