• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

D

Deleted member

Why am I not on this
sure I'm all the way across the country and I haven't entered a tournament BUT I DEMAND 1ST

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Power Rankings
 - As of the NEW YEAR - Panelists: Juggleguy, Tremor, Moose, Shibbypod, KJH

1. Duck - Ann Arbor
+0
2. Kalamazhu - Ann Arbor
+2

3. Moose - Ann Arbor
4. HIV+ - Bloomfield Hills
+2

5. Shady - East Lansing
+0

6. Shaeden - Farmington Hills

7. KJH - Detroit
*new*
8. Juggleguy - Ann Arbor
+0
9. Tremor - Howell
+0
10. Dre - West Bloomfield
*new*

EDIT: Shortened post to include just the PR list. (all other data is on the first post)

Last edited:

Stif

Smash Apprentice
Power Rankings
 - As of the NEW YEAR - Panelists: Juggleguy, Tremor, Moose, Shibbypod, KJH

1. Duck - Ann Arbor
+0
2. Kalamazhu - Ann Arbor
+2

3. Moose - Ann Arbor
4. HIV+ - Bloomfield Hills
+2

5. Shady - East Lansing
+0

6. Shaeden - Farmington Hills

7. KJH - Detroit
*new*
8. Juggleguy - Ann Arbor
+0
9. Tremor - Howell
+0
10. Dre - West Bloomfield
*new*

EDIT: Shortened post to include just the PR list. (all other data is on the first post)
Crazy predictions of 2014: shibbypod makes PR

goonsquad makes Honorable mention (no bias)

and shady MM's me in a marth ditto at sweet (seriously who is this best marth in the state that lives in east lansing)

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Crazy predictions of 2014: shibbypod makes PR
Haha thanks stif, I certainly am going to try.

Also, the criteria for remaining active is has become more demanding, so the next update may look quite different if some players decide not to come to much.

Last edited:

THuGz

Smash Lord
I like how Zinoto has been playing smash for a year less than me in MI and hasn't been to a melee tourney in forever, yet he's in the player directory and I'm not >.>

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Don't take it personally, I gave up on maintaining the player directory a long time ago. It's too much work for a page that nobody checks to begin with.

ClassyWolfman

Smash Rookie
Hey Melee players of MI, I've decided to get back into smash and eventually play competitively for a change. Sadly all my friends I used to play the game with have now stopped, and I'm looking to find some new people to play and practice with in the area. If you're down to play with a newer guy, from the Union lake/commerce area send me a message.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Just sent you a message man, welcome to Michigan melee!

Make sure to join the "Michigan Melee" group on facebook as that is where most of our community posts nowadays. I personally know a few people in that area that are pretty new and are also looking for people to play with

iTz Coburn

Smash Cadet
Any Smashers here ever go out to Port Huron? Really itching to play some quality people so I can actually see how good I am. Wrong place to post this? I apologize ahead of time. I also just sent my request to join the Facebook page.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Not the wrong place, just not the most active place anymore. I see you were approved to the group, so welcome to the Michigan Melee scene! Post basically that same post in the facebook group and I'm sure you'll get some interest from people close to you.

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
Hello MI Melee scene! Shibbypod here, and I and the rest of the MI PR Panel are proud to announce the Michigan Melee Power Ranking list from January until mid-April 2014 (Spring).

= = Michigan Melee Power Ranking = =

Michigan Melee
Power Ranking

Panelists: Moose, Juggleguy, SonovaBeach, Shibbypod, KJH

Last Updated: April 14, 2014

1. Duck - Ann Arbor :samusmelee:
2. Vaccine - Bloomfield Hills :falcomelee::sheikmelee: +2
3. Kalamazhu - Ann Arbor :peachmelee: -1
4. KJH - Detroit :falcomelee::foxmelee: +3
5. Moose - Ann Arbor :falcomelee: -2
6. SonuvaBeach - Howell :sheikmelee: +3
7. JuggleGuy - Ann Arbor :falconmelee: +1
8. Shady - East Lansing :marthmelee::foxmelee: -3
9. Soul - Detroit :foxmelee: *new*
10. Blake - Kalamazoo :foxmelee: *new*

Honorable Mentions (alphabetical order)

Dre
- West Bloomfield :marthmelee:
Ginger - Holland :falcomelee::foxmelee:
Hellsing - SE MI :marthmelee:
Shibby - Midland :drmario:
Skigh - Flint :samusmelee:

These players perform well and have defeated some ranked players in tourney, but are just outside the top ten in our opinion.

Inactive Mentions (alphabetical order)

Anther - Ypsilanti :pikachumelee::falcomelee:
Bigy - South Haven :falconmelee:
Lain - Ann Arbor :falcomelee::foxmelee:
Mikey Lenetia - Sterling Heights :peachmelee:
Velynn - Grand Rapids :jigglypuffmelee:

These players were strong contenders before becoming inactive, and would likely be ranked or honorably mentioned if still active today.​

Edited to only include PR/HM/IMs. Info dump on OP

Last edited:

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
yo. i live in dearborn heights mi. i want to host some monthlies but im not sure how much of a turnout i would get if i hosted one. is it weird to poll and ask who/how many would attend if i did?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
There would be a BIG turnout if you starting hosting monthlies. There's a huge demand in that area. You need a venue first that can hold 12-16 setups and 30-50 people depending on your goals. I'd say post in the FB group first.

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
alrighty then lets do it. The place that im considering (my house) can handle that pretty well i think. this is moving out of the idea phase :) by june i should be ready yall. at this point i will share my vision.
10$ fee with full refund if bringing a full setup and staying for the entirety of the tourney (i dont want to do this, but i imagine i need to in order to secure setups?)
i want to provide some food: lil skeezers or something cheap
i dont have any experience with tournament brackets at all. i will need help. especially if its going to be double-elimination
feedback PLEASE

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
alrighty then lets do it. The place that im considering (my house) can handle that pretty well i think. this is moving out of the idea phase :) by june i should be ready yall. at this point i will share my vision.
10$ fee with full refund if bringing a full setup and staying for the entirety of the tourney (i dont want to do this, but i imagine i need to in order to secure setups?)
i want to provide some food: lil skeezers or something cheap
i dont have any experience with tournament brackets at all. i will need help. especially if its going to be double-elimination
feedback PLEASE
Message me on Facebook, my name is Josh Beach. Join the Michigan Melee group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/umsmash/ if you haven't yet.
I am throwing The Beach House 7 on May 3rd and it's about a 40 minute drive for you. It's a tournament series that is run at my house and has quite a bit of success. This one will actually be a summer circuit event. It's exactly what you want to do and if you come out I'd be happy to teach you and train you on what you need to know to make a series like what you're talking about successful.

When I make the event pages this week I'll link those to you as well.

Last edited:

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
Message me on Facebook, my name is Josh Beach. Join the Michigan Melee group at https://www.facebook.com/groups/umsmash/ if you haven't yet.
I am throwing The Beach House 7 on May 3rd and it's about a 40 minute drive for you. It's a tournament series that is run at my house and has quite a bit of success. This one will actually be a summer circuit event. It's exactly what you want to do and if you come out I'd be happy to teach you and train you on what you need to know to make a series like what you're talking about successful.

When I make the event pages this week I'll link those to you as well.
i am; i use my gf's facebook though. i think somebody told me to contact you on there when i posted there about hosting. okay cool i will try to make it; those are my working weekends.... :( *various expletives*

Rottenyogurt

Smash Rookie
I would definitely come to monthlies in dearborn heights. I've wanted to start going to melee tournaments and dearborn heights is close to livonia.

roc effin banga!

Smash Rookie
I just
I would definitely come to monthlies in dearborn heights. I've wanted to start going to melee tournaments and dearborn heights is close to livonia.
I moved from livonia lol yes the only problem I'm having as of now is that want them to be on the last Saturday of the month and I want to start to have them in June. The last Saturday in June is my moms b day though.

the eighth? can anyone see a problem with doing it the eighth of june to start?

Last edited:

Kaddy

Smash Journeyman
Hi, Michigan men. I'll be in Michigan for like 4-5 days in July, and was wondering if there was anyone near Suttons Bay that would want to meet up and play.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I just

I moved from livonia lol yes the only problem I'm having as of now is that want them to be on the last Saturday of the month and I want to start to have them in June. The last Saturday in June is my moms b day though.

the eighth? can anyone see a problem with doing it the eighth of june to start?
You shouldn't do June 8th. Super SWEET (feat. Armada, Axe, and more) is happening that weekend in Ann Arbor. Come to that instead!

Top Bottom