• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

kd-

Smash Lord
Well BAMF was a successful series for some time... so he has a leg up on you.

This TO issue clearly streams from WB

kd-

Smash Lord
Seriously though, we should have a tournament or at least a giant smashfest with a dollar tournament/draft crews. I've been wanting to stop playing melee for a while but for some reason, in a giant deadspot for Michigan melee, I want to play in tournament/something that people will try at. It's probably because I want my IC's to not be at ****-level (Chad status currently bad @ 1-16 games W-L)

Soloist

Smash Ace
Melee News:

Richard "Ican'tmakeittonight" Yang will be coming out of hibernation tonight for smash. Matches will be recorded. Hopes and dreams will be crushed!

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
There's no problem at all with getting a venue... there are dozens of them at UM, some of them free. The problem is, when I reserve a venue for someone and that same someone trashes the venue, UM holds me accountable, not the person I reserved it for. Mason Hall has been trashed several times by the MI Brawl community and it got to the point where SOAS fined me for it since I reserved the room through the Smash Club student org. I've talked to the Brawl TOs and they don't do it anymore, but that's just a past example. The other main problem is people don't bring enough TVs. We hosted at Mason Hall for so long that people have been spoiled by the building TVs there, so anytime a Smashfest or tourney takes place somewhere else, there's a shortage of equipment. Everyone has to realize that the quality of the Smashfest or tourney you attend is highly dependent on how willing you are to bring a TV.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
ya i mean an ann arbor venue is a lot better than no venue but i think one closer to WB would b better ideally but its hard to find a good one
apasher plz call ur venues and try to set something up (july wud b best) thx

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I just got a reply from Duelerz actually. They are willing to accommodate. I'm hosting in July 7th.

I will make the thread after school.

:phone:

kd-

Smash Lord
The smashfest today reminded me how bad I am at melee and quenched my melee thirst for a while. Time to go back to not playing for a while :]]

Aceplayer

Smash Journeyman
My only youtube matches are me getting bodied also, but if I can play Rob for a night, I can get you something I'm sure.

kd-

Smash Lord
You'd have an easier time making a 10 minute Chad Combo'd video than a two clip Chad combo video

edit: Also the only clips of me that exist are just me getting pillaged

kd-

Smash Lord
Wasn't there a Michigan combo video in the works sometime a while ago?

None of us scrubs are good enough to have something recorded

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I have a ****ton of friendlies vs ZeldaMaster saved on his laptop, but he's too lazy to send them to me. >_>

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
All I remember about the Michigan combo video is that nobody wanted to do it... so no, I don't think it was ever in the works.

kd-

Smash Lord
No one wanted to make it? Or no one wanted to be a part of it? I actually find it fun to make combo/frag videos and syncing cool stuff to the music, although it's super tedious of course. I don't have photoshop or other skills to make cool graphics/transitions or anything, but I'd definitely make a combo video, or I guess Dre be the first to make it since he expressed interest.

I am disappointed by this news, I woulda made the combo video :[

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Nobody wanted to put in the work making it. And that's the thing, I'd rather have no combo vid at all instead of one that's poorly done. Not saying you guys couldn't make it well... just saying if someone tries, they should put a complete effort into it.

Top Bottom