• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Can we cut down on these irritatingly large and cringe-worthy images, lol... this thread is supposed to be one of the first things new Smashers see after they're directed here through the UM Smash website or FB page, you know...

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I have a 30 minute presentation and a 5 page paper due Tuesday and a group meeting @ 1:30 or 2 loool Monday.

How about 3? I will be waking up tm and Monday to work on them anyway so I should be all set. End time around 10-11.

Soloist

Smash Ace
The thought of giving a presentation right now makes me sick to my stomach. Especially since I've never had the "opportunity" to give one on a subject I particularly give a damn about. Actually wait, yes I have...but only twice. In high school I did one on Leonardo da Vinci, as well as one on Epicurus.

And then there was this one about restoration ecology, and another time I had to lead an entire class discussion on a segment from Don Quixote. Those were miserable. There were countless other bad ones too...

Edit: I think 3 is fine.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Ha yea I used to feel the same way. After this year though it feels like nothin. My last and only class I am taking right now is 3 credits, and requires me to be in class 12-330 5 days a week, a 5 pg paper every day, 60 pages of reading every day, and then a 30 min presentation, and 3 group papers. Thank god it's only 3 and a half weeks long.

Smashwise, sheik ditto's sound horrible and I am completely down for a lot of them until I get good at them. Literally have never done them before except vs Kels and you.

Shady Dope and I are playing regardless of what all of this free state decides. Come and we'll show you how EL is #1!

Oh and I have parking right next to my bld now. and A/C. No sweaty smashers.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Dre, can we meet up at the Meijer parking lot in Brighton and carpool from there again? I'm good for anytime tomorrow.

EDIT: We are good to go for tomorrow. Josh, how many setups do you have at your place?

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Tr3MoR,

I PM'd you about the smashfest that I think you're holding. If you don't mind an old-timer like me coming to your fest, you may take a look at my message when you get a chance.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Tr3MoR,

I PM'd you about the smashfest that I think you're holding. If you don't mind an old-timer like me coming to your fest, you may take a look at my message when you get a chance.
If he doesn't respond to you by tomorrow afternoon, I can just PM you his address. I don't think I've played you before, so it'd be awesome if you could go. Potentially even more awesome if you brought Shaeden!

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I have 1 setup woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooopeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
but room for 4-6 setups.

Most importantly, I just turned the A/C on

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
Dre, can we meet up at the Meijer parking lot in Brighton and carpool from there again? I'm good for anytime tomorrow.

Do you guys mind and have room if I meet you at that meijer? If you don't mind and you do have plenty of room, what time did you plan on meeting?

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Please update this thread with locations and phone numbers so people know where to go and how to get a hold of you guys..
Don and I have been trying to get in contact with someone going to EL for the past couple of hours.
(I got a ride, but need an address and to know how long it'll be running till.)

Soloist

Smash Ace
I'm not going to list addresses and phone numbers in the OP unless someone wants me to list theirs. As convenient as that may sound, people normally don't like their addresses floating around. Also you sort of waited until the last minute to try and get a hold of people. :urg:

Edit: I see that you actually did ask Tremor for his address on his SWF wall before the smashfest started. Damn. :(

kd-

Smash Lord
Edit: I see that you actually did ask Tremor for his address on his SWF wall before the smashfest started. Damn. :(

Not really a 'ripT', but it was a silly and slightly embarrassing revelation that I felt could not be explained other than 'ripT'. Plus that bird makes it so much sillier.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Posting phone numbers and addresses here is a bad idea. PM'ing works fine as long as you give the recipient at least several hours notice... which it doesn't seem like you did, lol.

Also, I'm so mad I lost to Andy 0-4 in our MM. He and Dope are too good, I really gotta step it up.

RashTuvai

Smash Journeyman
I 4-stocked dope's falco in a friendly... I think he was majorly sandbagging. Probably trying to shark me, that clever *******.

Good playing with you Rob, Josh, Andy, and the rest of you all! Next time EL has a smashfest, I'll see if I can get a few of my crew to come check it out. Good times.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
I had a good time, gg's to all. I was just *****ing about being tired due festivities the night before haha.

@RyeJew sorry man I thought I replied to you, I was busy the entire day of the smashfest though.

HIV ***** me in friendlies, I only took a few games off him. Goood ****.

Rob I got ya this time haha. Always so close.

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Posting phone numbers and addresses here is a bad idea.
Why though? You post your's and others numbers and addresses on tourney threads all the time.
Seriously, it's more of a convince than some sort of downside.
Put mine up for example please Julian:
22301 Versailles CT, St. Clair Shores.
Phone# 1-586-218-0740 (although I won't have a phone til next week.

PM'ing works fine as long as you give the recipient at least several hours notice... which it doesn't seem like you did, lol.
I posted on his smashboards wall like 3 hours before anyone had met up. >>[12:19PM]

kd-

Smash Lord
You could have used the numbers on the tourney threads and networked your way there =/ But I do think you asked a decent time prior to the event. I'm not going to suggest putting information like numbers and addresses up, because people should do what they're comfortable with, but it makes it a little harder for people who aren't as close-knit to come to these things.

There really needs to be a local tournament in June/July though, and who is going to FC? I'm thinking about going now

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
You could have used the numbers on the tourney threads and networked your way there =/ But I do think you asked a decent time prior to the event. I'm not going to suggest putting information like numbers and addresses up, because people should do what they're comfortable with, but it makes it a little harder for people who aren't as close-knit to come to these things.
The only numbers available were the TOs: Juggleguy(didn't pick up his phone), Junglefever(retied?), and bloodyjoker(wasn't sure if he was going or around).

I seriously don't get all the hesitation about putting valuable information like that in the thread op. We post them here numerous times and invite strangers over to our homes to play video games solely on shared interest.

If anything put a '
' tag around or beneath whoever decides to have their information here, for it would really help unfamiliar players outs.

There really needs to be a local tournament in June/July though, and who is going to FC? I'm thinking about going now
Locals during the Summer? That'd be so~Awesome! :rainbowdash:

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Rye, sorry I never replied man but I was busy from 11-3 doing class things, and people started arriving as soon as I got home so I never checked the boards. All I did see was the post on my wall, and then a post here at 9:45 P.M. You should have posted here in the morning asking for anyone's numbers and addresses via PM.

Regardless of the reasons, it's done now. I don't care to post all my information on the threads. Odds are nothing will happen, but better safe than sorry and it isn't difficult to PM.

I'm down to have another smashfest in 2 weeks if you guys are.

Also, THE BIG HOUSE!! get hyped

RyeJew

Smash Journeyman
Regardless of the reasons, it's done now. I don't care to post all my information on the threads. Odds are nothing will happen, but better safe than sorry and it isn't difficult to PM.
Safe from what? I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't know the locations of these smashfests form viewing a smashfests specific thread.
If you won't post your information here, could you at least pm me it for later times?

Top Bottom