• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Melee Social Thread and Power Rankings

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Smashfest confirmed at my house in Howell Michigan for Friday from 12-6 or 7. The entire basement is my room and I have plenty of seats, 3 tvs, and 2 wiis. We at least need 2 discs and a cube. If anyone has another tv or two though the more the better obviously.

Confirmed are shady, juggle and I. If you guys bring a few bucks I can go grab burgers or dogs and we can cook dinner on the grill between 4-6.

5412 vines rd Howell mi 48843. Take nortan to cedar lake to vines it is much faster than pingree. Pm me prior to Friday if you need my number, ill likely check the boards on Friday but no guarantees

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Aiiiite, so I'm currently staying somewhere in the vicinity of MSU. I'll be here for 2 weeks but I've got super limited internet access and I'm working pretty much non-stop the entire time that I'm here. I'll try to go to a smashfest at some point but it's really hard to say when I'll be free. Hopefully I'll be able to make it to something though 'cuz it'd be cool to check out the michigan smash scene.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
GKInfinity, grab a ride with Shady/Dope to the Smashfest on Friday. It's in Howell about halfway between Lansing and Ann Arbor, so shouldn't be more than a 25-30 minute trip.

SKEET SHADY

Smash Journeyman
dont be backin out after your first win hiv you gotta ride that wave, especially now that prince abu will be present

yeah infinity i can pick you up friday if youre in east lansing, just pm me your number or post it or whatever

and rob im trying to go duck hunting soon, is he still overseas

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Duck's in France until the 18th. He should be at the Bloomfield tourney on the 28th, so I better see you at that too Andy.

Soloist

Smash Ace
Wait, are we talking about the one in the OP? BAMF!? I'm not sure why I still have it there since I thought it was cancelled or whatever lol.

Or is there something else planned...?

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Mehhhhh, it looks like I'm gonna be busy for the next few days actually so I won't be able to make the smashfest :(

I'll keep checking the thread though and maybe something else will happen before I head back to the west coast. *Fingers crossed*

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah, I was talking about BAMF.

But if it's hosted at the venue all the way near Macomb that Ori talked about, then count me out.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Hell yeah that was actually a requirement. Any chance we could move it up an hour or so? It is going to be 103 tm and I may be going out on the boat around 530-6. Not confirmed but I'll be up at 8am watching joker vs fed anyway so why not?

Also just heard from some guys from brighton so there willl be a few more.

If not though, 12-6 works and 5 or 6 hours of smash is plenty for only a 30 minute drive yes?

EDIT: Shady will be getting here at 12:30. I'm cool with 12:30-5:30. Rob if you want to come earlier and finish the joker/fed set and lose to my sheik you're welcome too. If not, I'll see ya around 12.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well since I'd probably just watch Federer-Djokovic there anyway, I think I'll just head out from AA right after the match is done.

Also I heard BloodyJoker, HIV, and possibly even Shaeden are coming from WB. It's looking hype.

If there was a regional in IL, when would it have to be to be graced with MI attendance?
How soon are we talking here? It's generally hard to rally the UM troops to travel in the fall, but if it's sometime between January and March then you can count me in.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Well since I'd probably just watch Federer-Djokovic there anyway, I think I'll just head out from AA right after the match is done.

Also I heard BloodyJoker, HIV, and possibly even Shaeden are coming from WB. It's looking hype.

How soon are we talking here? It's generally hard to rally the UM troops to travel in the fall, but if it's sometime between January and March then you can count me in.
I'll probably look at March then, so it's the least likely to be affected by the weather.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Then again, I just remembered that SMYM is now traditionally held in March. I wouldn't want to see anything interfere with Bert's plans for that at all.

I think mid-November would work for us, too. But don't schedule to cater to MI... I've learned far too well that these days I just can't rely on us confirming our attendance to go OoS until the last days beforehand.

kd-

Smash Lord
When did you ever rely on us confirming? Lol everyone seems to change their mind twice before a tourney

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Well I've been the driver to all the Chicago tourneys for the past two years, and I used to be able to rely on MI people when they confirmed a spot in the car for an OoS tourney. Definitely not the case anymore, whether it's due to work or classes or lack of motivation. It's really stressful not knowing whether I have a full car until the night before.

Gracen

Smash Cadet
Hey guys! I'm in Novi Michigan for work. Is anyone available to play near this area?
Feel free to text me. :)

:phone:

Shibbypod

BIM
Slippi.gg
SHIB#55
There is always that shade of interest up here in the UP, just saying. We are all alone up here with no smashers around. Someone could always try and humor me and stop for a few matches if they are ever driving through marquette

GKInfinity

Smash Champion
Just so you guys know my number is (209) 275-5974. Call me or text me if there's any smash related anything going on in the next 2 weeks

Ughhh, can't believe I'm missing the tournament today. :(

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yo Julian, any chance we could rename this to just the Michigan Melee Social Thread? The current name is a mouthful when describing to new players.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey, you'd be surprised. I've gotten a few PMs/texts/emails out of nowhere these past few months asking where to go to find out about Michigan Melee stuff. I usually say, "go to the Michigan Melee Smashfest and Social Thread on the Midwest board" and they usually reply, "the Michigan Melee what and whatwhat thread on the where again board?"

XD

kd-

Smash Lord
Everyone's getting old, graduating, may be moving out of Michigan like I plan to soon, and I guess I haven't been seeing the new people come in like you have

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
I still believe that a new generation of MI Melee will come in, though. Why else do you think Melee is still alive after 11 years?

:phone:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
If we use our resources at UM wisely (game room and Smash club) then the scene won't be dying for awhile IMO. That's gonna be mostly up to the Class of 2015 to carry out.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
That's the thing Aaron. It's not about hoping already-competitive Smashers get into UM, it's about developing casual Smash players into competitive ones via the club and especially via the game room. Just ask Chad, 3Chairz, mista sprinkles, etc. how they first found out about the UM Smash scene.

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Yup. My smashfest was Rob, Shady and I...and then two players who haven't competed in melee at all since MLG days and were new to the scene.

Rob when would you be down to do that again? This time with Dope preferably. Not this weekend but next maybe?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The next one doesn't work for me, that's Batman weekend. Then there's a tourney the next next weekend on 7/28... so I dunno when, lol

Top Bottom