• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Michigan Masters - 6/1/13 - Results

zyth

Smash Lord
Shoutouts to everyone I played.
Shoutout to Lemmon for bodying my DK :salt:
Shoutout to FGC for destroying my confidence :salt:
Shoutouts to King, havent seen him in a while
Shoutouts to the MITCHFIRE
Shoutouts to Juushichi fo teaching me more stuff in P:M
Shoutouts to :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt: getting 4th and 5th. so close to money :salt: :salt: :salt: :salt:
Shoutouts to Bill for thinkin I was 12
Shoutouts to Stewy for housing

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
SHOUTOUTS

First and foremost, I want to apologize to everyone for all my rants and extreme saltines.

1. LoF Zinoto - $180 - Good job as always dude. Hope to see you soon.
2. LOE1 - $90 - Good stuff in doubles, I had a lot of fun carrying you :v
3. FF Stewy - $30 - Good job on third. I still want to know... how do you sleep at night? And thanks for housing ect, had lots of fun.
4. FF Ori_bro - Nice placing, and even better TOing.
5. Kee - Nice Oli, sorry I went MK and and did dumb MK things lol.
5. Ksev - Good stuff. We need to practice some Snake stuff sometime.
7. Cody - Had fun playing you in doubles. I have a gcc now...
7. Oblivion - ugh
9. WTP - Thanks for the ride again. Why don't try one of these days.
9. ShadowthePast - Ggs in pools and bracket. Friendlies were fun too.
13. DRDN - Thanks. and good talking to you.
17. Maestro - Get wreaked by that Kirby XD
17. Kenny - Ggs in pools
25. Rog - Ggs in pools

SUPER SHOUTOUT to Wuvs for being awesome and giving me a ggc.

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
Extra Special Shoutout

it was great seeing you like always Juan. Thanks for all the support you always give me, I really appreciate it.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I would like to make a special shoutout to fZk for saying that my Ivy's playstyle is super gay and that he wanted to blast me in the face for it.

Makes me feel like I'm doing my job right. :drshrug:

W.C.N

Smash Lord
I tried watching some of the matches from the stream....key word is tried it was too painful

me9595

Smash Apprentice
i seem to have lost my controller, it is black with a small mark on the right handle thing, so if anyone has it could you let me know

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
I tried watching some of the matches from the stream....key word is tried it was too painful
Yeah, the internet was hella derpy and just kept dropping on us. We didn't know we had the luxury of being able to hard-wire our computer, so we had to deal with randomly spotty WiFi.
All in all, sadly, literally no stream videos from us this time. Sorry everyone about that.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
It was cool meeting all of you, but me and my crew are thinking we're too far behind to make enough progress to get competitive in brawl before smash 4 comes out. I'm convincing them to keep trying but it seems unsuccessful. any tips?

SoulPech

Smash Master
Zinoto has only played this game for little over a year and a half and he's the best in the state...he's even a regional threat. Have them come out to more smashfests. That's all I'm gonna say.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Zinoto has only played this game for little over a year and a half and he's the best in the state...he's even a regional threat. Have them come out to more smashfests. That's all I'm gonna say.
Ori mentioned the nights before tourneys but when are other smashfests? If they happen at all?

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Zach the best word of advice I can say is to start playing more. The more you play the faster you will get better. Play the seasoned players, ask for tips, and be open to learning. You will only go as far if you put the effort in. You Grand Blanc guys were really cool and it would be nice to see you all back.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
Zach the best word of advice I can say is to start playing more. The more you play the faster you will get better. Play the seasoned players, ask for tips, and be open to learning. You will only go as far if you put the effort in. You Grand Blanc guys were really cool and it would be nice to see you all back.
We played 3 times a week at Rogs house (the four of us) for at least 3 or 4 hours, the problem we're having is the fact we need to get the practice in with the more veteran players so 1, we can learn matchups that none of us know how to play well (videos can only go so far) and 2, so that we can perfect our own characters against people that don't know our simplistic strategies that we've come to develop playing against such a small group of people.

SoulPech

Smash Master
SOULPECH'S SHOUTOUTS!
Zinoto - I'm getting closer to figuring out your Diddy. Glad to see you again and good sets in doubles and singles, and in P:M. Holy **** we played a lot​
LOE1- I'm never losing to your Wario ever again in PM >.>. Thanks for not going Wario grand finals or else we wouldn't have ended on type again :p. I'm no longer make you eggs over medium or I'll punch your medium-sized head.​
Stewy- Thanks for housing and being my partner for doubles. We have great chemistry...we just derped here and there.​
Ori- Farting and snoring are all we're good at apparently :p. Glad to see you again and I need to visit your place sometime and see the Ori family ^.^​
Kee- Nicest guy NA. I'm glad you came out and I do hope you get to come to my tourney. Broadcast it out there! :3​
KSev- How the **** did you get 5th? Good **** though. Killer KSeven's Steps Guide to a Better You. Next time you see me, I'll be in better shape and you'll be proud.​
Cody- :salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt::salt: Nice sets. Your Ike is solid. I should've used puff against you instead of Wario...​
WTP- How did you get 9th? Glad to see you again​
KimJongTrill- you suck.​
Scala - Good **** getting 9th and good seeing you again. Fun sets in both brawl and PM​
ShadowthePast- ****, I​
Me6969- You never get mad and you always smile. Super Cool guy.​
DRDN- You need to stop being a bad troll online and be the super chill guy online instead. Good seeing you again.​
Maestro- yooo you beat a person! Better than nothing right? Good seeing you again ^.^​
Nom & Iceman - glad you came out​
JTSM- WTF are you doing down here in last in both P:M and Brawl? Even if you don't care about the game, you shouldn't be down here ;~;. Next time when I come up (or if you come here) we need to share a bottle of jack :denzel:
FidelCa$hFlow- I appreciate you coming out with me. Trips to OoS tournies are never the same w/out you. Congrats with your new job and I hope this will be a great step in a brighter direction for you.​
Xatic - Wanh! Happy I got to see you again and I need to play you in Melee​
fZk- Nice set in pools! I still dunno what to do against your Lucas. I think I just got lucky. I hope we get to play more in the future​
WuvS- <3 I enjoy your company and you always have a great atmosphere no matter where you go. Great seeing you again and I hope you come to my tourney.​
Shoutouts to the awesome venue and the tourney ending an hr early​
Shoutouts to farting and snoring while sleeping​
Shoutouts to wheely chairs so i can mimick CF's Side- B and Falcon Kick​
Shoutouts to talking about baseball​
Shoutouts to How to make Videos​
Shoutouts to Miami Heat Choking​
Shoutouts to throwing lettuce at Ori's head​
Anti-Shoutouts to Bdubs this time for the hour long wait​
Anti-Shoutouts to McDs for making the dryest burritos on the planet​

Oblivion

Smash Journeyman
It was cool meeting all of you, but me and my crew are thinking we're too far behind to make enough progress to get competitive in brawl before smash 4 comes out. I'm convincing them to keep trying but it seems unsuccessful. any tips?

Dude, don't worry about Brawl just going away haha. Melee is still alive and strong!

LOE1

Smash Lord
carls, im willin to mm you in pm wario ditto's, but I dunno how much money I want to take from you yet :denzel:

Carls493

Smash Ace
NNID
Carls493
3DS FC
5000-2571-4495
Doh, I missed!

We can start out between $5 - $10. If I'm in a very good mood, I'll go as high as $20 - $25. I've never went that high before, because usually I don't have that much to wager with after I've worked through these tourneys.

Whenever I am able to make a comeback for tourneys and I run into you, we can get this going. I feel like it'll be less annoying than our Brawl matches.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
to the guys thinking about waiting until next smash to try and get good.

Skills and concepts tranfer very easily between fighting games, all fighting games. If you arent the best players right now, waiting until smash 4 comes out just means that you guys are going to continue being not the best players in a new game. Nothing will really change because people like LOE1 and Zinoto are going to take the skills that got them good at Brawl and just apply them to the new system and mechanics when the next game comes out. You would be much better off at least practicing and getting your basic skills up now and than just making the transition to the new game. It will make learning the new game tons easier, plus all that time spent getting good at brawl will teach you what is required in order to be a good player, which will help you accomplish those things much faster in smash 4.

Basically, playing smash now will make it easier and faster to get really good at the next smash when it comes out. (Which wont even be for like another year and a half anyway, at least.

SoulPech

Smash Master
Kid pretty much said what I wanted to say, but I didn't know how to position it well. So take what that guy says into heavy consideration.

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
You're never too far behind to catch up with the metagame. This isn't marvel :p

But really, I've only been playing Brawl competitively since last August, when I moved in with my roommate Ralph Cecil at the time (best Snake in Kentucky). At the time I had never practiced with anyone good and only knew basic stuff about the metagame, but thanks to him I got really interested and actually started going to tournaments. I knew that I wouldn't place well, but I went anyway because I knew I'd get to meet new people, get my name out there even a little bit, and watch my skills improve over time. One thing that really helped me recently was this video about grabbing. Pay attention to when he talks about when players shield when they don't know what to do. This pretty much changed my entire outlook on how I play my matches.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k7bVk5-4--0

Don't worry so much about high/top level players like LOE1 and Zinoto at the moment. They know the metagame and their character inside and out, but remember they were just like you at one point.

Zackery Hendricks

Smash Apprentice
I guess i didn't realize smash 4 was more than a year away. Good point. I think i have convinced my friends to stay though, showing them your guys posts :). So thank you for that. Also, this summer Rog is willing to host a smashfest or two. Any takers to come up to Grand Blanc? xD

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Since it's 35-45 minutes from me I am willing to go if there is possible housing but even then that doesn't bother me as much.

FF WuvS

Smash Ace
NNID
Lostmagic103
:happysheep: WuvS FFantasic Shoutouts! :happysheep:

Just want to say that this event was so much better then I expected even though I sucked ass in P:M. Sorry about the stream again x_x I know about the internet so next time will be at least watchable.

Brawl Singles - You're all free.

Project Melee Singles - 20
1. Slayer - $60 - You couldn't have just spared us ;~; You had Melee, why steal from P:M?​
3. LOE1 - $10 - Thanks for dropping my Wii on the ground during our set. You think you're cool Steak Fry? Cuz you're not. GGs though <3​
4. Juushichi - I hate you. Good stuff on 4th.​
5. SoulPech - I'll try to make it, but no promises since I'm a broke white college kid. But I'll be there.​
5. FF Xatic - About time you outplaced me, this is how it should be. You lost to Chonce though, so you suck still.​
7. fZk - Juan, you're always fun to play against, no matter how much I hate Lucas. We always have the cloest sets I can think of. GGs and thanks for not blasting me in my face.​
9. FF WuvS - You didn't drink enough ┐( ̄ー ̄)┌
13. FF JTSM - I GOT THE SPIKE BRO​
13. Me9595 - Sorry I wasn't there to cheer you on, but hopefully you gave someone the FOREWORD SMASH and MITCHFIRES​
13. Scala - It was fun to friendly you, but you gave my Ivy the D. I don't appreciate Ds.​

Melee Singles - 14
2. LoF Zinoto - $21 - I got a rest, I call that set successful. Thanks for landing on me!​
4. FF WuvS - Lolwut​
5. Zyth - LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL YOU BEAT ME FIRST ROUND AND I STILL OUTPLACE YOU? YOU SUCKKKKK​
5. FF Xatic - I feel bad for beating you. So thanks for SDing :drfacepalm:
7. WTP - Best lulzy Puff dittos I've ever had the pleasure to play in.​
9. FF JTSM - I heard that uh... one game you jumped off and UAir nothing and died. As Samus. Good stuff.​
9. FF Stewy - Up-B stalling is 2 stronk!​
9. Royce Greenfield - This was probably the funnest set I had in Melee all day just due to all the SD on both ends. GGs.​
13. Dawk - GGs. Your Marth is good, I just feel like your execution needs some work.​
Other Awesome-ish Shoutouts:

- BDubs for not being cool this time.
- Red Robin for their fries.
- Ori for being there to throw food at.
- DRDN for taking turns at Mach 6 and not even saying bye to me. Loser.
- Oblivion, hopefully the GCC helps. I expect better results next time!
- Cody for staying until singles. That's crazy talk.
- Stewy for the awesome housing as always.
- FishFlop for ... actually nothing. I hate you guys. :denzel:
- P:M Wario for making me hate my life. Brb drinking bleach.
- All the new kids coming out!
- Nom for almost beating Ori's ass.
- Kee for coming back. Halo sucks.

If I forgot anyone, sorry, I'm a loser. Love you all (mostly.)

Top Bottom