• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miami Brawl Tournament!!!

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
Ok Ruuku i was a bit out of place, just trying to lighten the mood. Next time I'll be more specific although i know 8-bit knew exactly what i meant by no controller modification ,we discussed it in the forum like 6 times but its all good. And by the way just because my rules were somewhat different then what you're used to playing it doesn't make me unexperienced, you don't know ME and you weren't there so bite your tongue. Everyone else seemed pretty satisfied we the way things went. This is the last thing i will say on the topic. Onithewolf check back tonight around 7 or 8 and I should have all the places!
what happened to 8-bit was ridiculous....woud have got 1st....lol

anyways....I guess now you guys can gauge how your next tourny will be, it was an awkward tournament, but it was fun...

I look forward to the results....wanna see how the local guys are doing lol

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Tourney Results

1. Fidel-Snake
2. X77- Marth/Ness
3. Cool-Fox
4. Grunj-Diddy
5. Naota- Metaknight
6. Albert- Game and Watch
7. Joshua K-Toon link
8. Philip- Snake
9. Gunso-Wolf
10. Billy-Zelda
11. Fooga-Fox
12. Bird-DK
13. GerryMAFS-Luigi
14. Joshua-Kirby
15. Geo-Olimar
16. Verycoolguy-Peach
17. Gabriel-Ike
18. Ryan-Toon link
19. Mack-Toon link
20. Emrol-Falco
21. Daniel-Mario
22. Shiby-Metaknight
23. Sparta-Wolf
24. Am4Jorge-Lucas
25. Gus-Game and Watch
26. MVD-Snake
27. Josh-Lucas
28. Bryan-Fox
29. Martin-Mario
30. Cameron-Lucas
31. Geno-Ness
32. Matthew-Pit
33. Matt-Olimar
34. X-13-Ness
35. Eddy-Pikachu

doom dragon 105

Smash Lord
well Jorge, that was a stupid and pointless rule imo, but next time be more specific. No Philip should have won -_-

Masky

Smash Master
Tourney Results

1. Fidel-Snake
2. X77- Marth/Ness
3. Cool-Fox
4. Grunj-Diddy
5. Naota- Metaknight
6. Albert- Game and Watch
7. Joshua K-Toon link
8. Philip- Snake
9. Gunso-Wolf
10. Billy-Zelda
11. Fooga-Fox
12. Bird-DK
13. GerryMAFS-Luigi
14. Joshua-Kirby
15. Geo-Olimar
16. Verycoolguy-Peach
17. Gabriel-Ike
18. Ryan-Toon link
19. Mack-Toon link
20. Emrol-Falco
21. Daniel-Mario
22. Shiby-Metaknight
23. Sparta-Wolf
24. Am4Jorge-Lucas
25. Gus-Game and Watch
26. MVD-Snake
27. Josh-Lucas
28. Bryan-Fox
29. Martin-Mario
30. Cameron-Lucas
31. Geno-Ness
32. Matthew-Pit
33. Matt-Olimar
34. X-13-Ness
35. Eddy-Pikachu
so I take it everyone who tied for 5th, 9th, 13th, etc battled it out to see who got the higher spot? :laugh:

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
so I take it everyone who tied for 5th, 9th, 13th, etc battled it out to see who got the higher spot? :laugh:
lolol! of course dude, thats a MUST!

...as for the controller modification, that rule was definitely too vague. aside from....silly.
I can understand a turbo button or extra buttons giving players an advantage or even a crazy good asian playing for you but really, whats wrong with having tap jump off? thats just dumb.

again...controller modification is not the same as modifying controls...

congrats on hosting your first tourney but honestly, next time, have standard rules.

More/Good players will show up that way :)

EDIT: my toon link wouldve sucked *** since nearly all my buttons are out of whack :\

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
lolol! of course dude, thats a MUST!

...as for the controller modification, that rule was definitely too vague. aside from....silly.
I can understand a turbo button or extra buttons giving players an advantage or even a crazy good asian playing for you but really, whats wrong with having tap jump off? thats just dumb.

again...controller modification is not the same as modifying controls...

congrats on hosting your first tourney but honestly, next time, have standard rules.

More/Good players will show up that way :)

EDIT: my toon link wouldve sucked *** since nearly all my buttons are out of whack :\

In my group of friends that's just how we play, we feel like it just gives everyone an equal and fair advantage. I appreciate the advice though, I know you're trying to help. Considering we had that rule we still had a good amount of people show up. I realize alot of players are used to having tap jump off so i think I'm going to at least allow that in an effort to get more players to show up.

Darktemplio

Smash Journeyman
Gainesville, Florida, USA, North America, Mars.
In my group of friends that's just how we play, we feel like it just gives everyone an equal and fair advantage. I appreciate the advice though, I know you're trying to help. Considering we had that rule we still had a good amount of people show up. I realize alot of players are used to having tap jump off so i think I'm going to at least allow that in an effort to get more players to show up.
well, heres the thing. Almost all the legit players have a different set up. I know this because everytime I go to a big tournament in orlando, tally, etc. ppl take their time to configure the controls to something they are used to.

In other words, theres no such thing as an equal and fair chance. If anything, its actually unfair. I mean, the only people benefiting would be your group of friends since thats what you're used to.

In my case, I have tap jump ON, R set to grab, Y set to special, and Z set to attack, so that I can play toon link as quick and comfortably as possible and it allows me to do a lot of crazy stuff with him. Everything I know how to do, I learned and practiced with those settings. Why? because every tournament throughout the country allows ppl to change their controls. Therefore its totally legit for me to practice that way. If I wouldve shown up to your tourney, my main wouldve not been anywhere near its full potential. Therefore I can understand why someone like 8bit would get frustrated since anyone else in his shoes (including me) wouldve felt the same exact way.

Again, be more specific with rules next time. Thats like, if I were to host a tournament and one of the rules was: No Items. Then I proceed to disqualify every snake player that takes out a grenade or peach player that pulls out a turnip.

good luck hosting more tourneys and If im in miami next time you do (and you have stardard/legit rules) i might go to one.

nevershootme

Smash Master
yes you disqualified me for that i understand, but you let 2 people that i beat back in which is not how a tournament works. what you could have done was let me play those players again without the settings... which either way you did was not a reasonable thing. but saying after you noticed it about playing legit and will allow custom controls was the breaking point of uncoolness.

also, your friend point the paper at my face while handling the situation was completely disrespectful to me

then you pretty much DID not want me at the store at all to win the tournament. not to mention not placing my name on your results counts as an insult as if i was NOT actually there at the tournament

edit: "everyone clapped when he left" that is complete disrespect too for allowing such a thing

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
Hey am4Jorge, not to sh*tpost or anything, but I understand your friends playstyles...and hell you ran the tourney? So your rules.

Regardless, just to consider...a lot of players have different playstyles. Sometimes these players use different settings to engage in their style.

I use b-sticking for lucas, with my Y as grab. It's comfortable to me, and allows me to use Lucas' advance techniques. Some players use tap jump off to feel more in control of the control stick instead of accidently flicking it up for a jump.

Just a thought to consider for your next tournament.

tico305

Smash Rookie
yes you disqualified me for that i understand, but you let 2 people that i beat back in which is not how a tournament works. what you could have done was let me play those players again without the settings... which either way you did was not a reasonable thing. but saying after you noticed it about playing legit and will allow custom controls was the breaking point of uncoolness.

also, your friend point the paper at my face while handling the situation was completely disrespectful to me

then you pretty much DID not want me at the store at all to win the tournament. not to mention not placing my name on your results counts as an insult as if i was NOT actually there at the tournament

edit: "everyone clapped when he left" that is complete disrespect too for allowing such a thing
the whole clapping thing...no one saw that coming, i didn't, you didn't, and jorge didn't....so it's not like it could of been prevented. and since you were disqualified....why would you qualify to be on the rankings....no disrespect to you..i know you're a good player...but don't try to play the victim

nevershootme

Smash Master
the whole clapping thing...no one saw that coming, i didn't, you didn't, and jorge didn't....so it's not like it could of been prevented. and since you were disqualified....why would you qualify to be on the rankings....no disrespect to you..i know you're a good player...but don't try to play the victim
actually I know who the people that started the clap. I'll see them at FIU and will punch them in the face

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Man, if I went to this tournament, I would have lost in the first round. I'm too used to egging people during my recovery, and with Tap Jump on, well... =/

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Vijin, Masky has as much right as you to post his opinion on this thread so leave him alone. Flatsoda, i appreciate the advice, I'll probably at least allow tap jump off at the next tournament cause i realize alot of players play that way, next time I'll do doubles and 2/3 as well. And 8-bit i pretty much 2nd what Tico said, I didn't know people would clap so i apologize about that and my my friend putting the paper in your face. I didn't let the first kid you beat back in the tournament though, i only gave him a free pass for the next one. I had no personal grudge with you and I really didn't care if you won, but rules are rules and they have to be obeyed and the fact that you tried lying made you look worse. Hopefully next time you follow them and we can put what happened behind us.

GrunJ-MonkE

Smash Cadet
well Jorge, that was a stupid and pointless rule imo, but next time be more specific. No Philip should have won -_-
lol yeah phillip is nasty, and BIRD!!! too....but my money is, as always, on FIU son!!!

I gotta start doing better :S
can't expect to be attendn' all dem big boy tournies if ya can't hold it down locally lol

MADD PROPS to the 2nd place ness...too fun playing wit you!
and LMAO at the individual placings....that is srsly unheard of...

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Lol yeah, my friend was the one who lost to 8-Bit in the first round, and he actually feels kinda proud of it. 8-Bit's a great player, he probablly woulda won if he had not gotten Disqualified. I wouldn't have put up a challenge xD idk if anyone remembered me.

Top Bottom