• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Miami Brawl Singles Tournament Dec 4th!

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
How is this whole thread not locked yet?

And, more importantly, why hasn't anyone answered my question?

Tommy_G said:
Are we allowed to bring modded copies of Brawl? like texture hacks, changes in music, and character select screen redesigns as long as it doesn't change the mechanics of the characters themselves. I know this sounds ridiculous, but I don't want another incident of someone getting kicked out for some stupid rule that never existed(I'm looking at you Nick Riddle.)

Ruuku

Smash Lord
Is Captain Falcon allowed? Last I've heard he was banned in most tournaments. With tap jump off you can do some really cheap things with him. =/

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
Is Captain Falcon allowed? Last I've heard he was banned in most tournaments. With tap jump off you can do some really cheap things with him. =/
they cant ban captain falcon. he might be good, but hes not BROKEN, even with tap jump off.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Captain Falcon Allowed, As Long As The Mechanics Of The Game And Characters Dont Change The Modified Copy Of The Game Is Allowed.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, I have a GameStop Controller since my old GameCube controller broke Last Christmas, and it has a turbo button, but it does not work at all. Can I still use it? It has no modifications to it besides the turbo which it came with, which won't work, and even if it did, i would see no point in using it.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I have a GameStop Controller since my old GameCube controller broke Last Christmas, and it has a turbo button, but it does not work at all. Can I still use it? It has no modifications to it besides the turbo which it came with, which won't work, and even if it did, i would see no point in using it.
Yeah you can use it

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
How long do we have after you announce a match before the players announced are disqualified?

FlatSoda

Smash Champion

my actual last and serious post.

there is no way analogs sticks can use a spring or be modded to actually use one.
they dont have one either, so a spring removal isnt possible

the game needs a response from the controller when tilted up for uptilts, up specials and moving shield bubbles. so even if there was any possible way to implement some sort of spring action, it would actually cut the game down and make it harder for him to actually even play.

now if it were removing springs in the L or R triggers from the controlelr it would make it easier to power shield/shield alone. because in brawl there is no light shielding or any of that stuff. you have to press all the way down to the trigger to shield.

that is all.

Ruuku

Smash Lord

there is no way analogs sticks can use a spring or be modded to actually use one.

the game needs a response from the controller when tilted up for uptilts, up specials and moving shield bubbles. so even if there was any possible way to implement some sort of spring action, it would actually cut the game down and make it harder for him to actually even play.

now if it were removing springs in the L or R triggers from the controlelr it would make it easier to power shield/shield alone. because in brawl there is no light shielding or any of that stuff. you have to press all the way down to the trigger to shield.

that is all.
Darn it, man. I was waiting for their response then I was gonna do the same thing. You beat me to it. =/

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
no, theres a $5 door fee, any lower and there wont be a pot.
hey Am4jorge, mind giving a reply to this?

I don't think Flatsoda went through all that trouble of posting that for no reason.

I'd just like to know what exactly is going on because I already received 3 PMs regarding this tourney.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
hey Am4jorge, mind giving a reply to this?

I don't think Flatsoda went through all that trouble of posting that for no reason.

I'd just like to know what exactly is going on because I already received 3 PMs regarding this tourney.
hey i sent you a private message replying to this

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Jorge, just curious, why isn't this double elimination? I think if it were, much more people would come, and I think it would still give those decent/good players who get matched up in Round 1 against a pro a chance to redeem themselves. Plus, is it $10 plus a $5 door fee, or is it $5 of the $10 is the door fee?

Also, rofl, I get out of school 2:30 PM D:, which means I might have to rush when I'm done with my homework and such. Also, not sure if I'm going yet, if I am going, my dad's fine with me bringing my Wii. THe thing is, it's my mom who makes these kind of decisions, and she banned me from tournies, so I'll see what happens.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
Jorge, just curious, why isn't this double elimination? I think if it were, much more people would come, and I think it would still give those decent/good players who get matched up in Round 1 against a pro a chance to redeem themselves. Plus, is it $10 plus a $5 door fee, or is it $5 of the $10 is the door fee?

Also, rofl, I get out of school 2:30 PM D:, which means I might have to rush when I'm done with my homework and such. Also, not sure if I'm going yet, if I am going, my dad's fine with me bringing my Wii. THe thing is, it's my mom who makes these kind of decisions, and she banned me from tournies, so I'll see what happens.
I agree about the double elimination, but its more time consuming and since its a friday I had to start the tourney later for people who go to school. I'll probably make the next one an all day thing on a sat so i can make it double. It is 2 out 3 though so you have more of a chance. Oh and i lowered the price a bit. Its $10 in total, $5 for the door and $5 to enter. Hope to see you there.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I agree about the double elimination, but its more time consuming and since its a friday I had to start the tourney later for people who go to school. I'll probably make the next one an all day thing on a sat so i can make it double. It is 2 out 3 though so you have more of a chance. Oh and i lowered the price a bit. Its $10 in total, $5 for the door and $5 to enter. Hope to see you there.
That's good to know ;)

BBQTV

Smash Master
i dont get the 5 dollar door fee like why do i have to pay to get in?

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
To Mike G

8-bit, a good FIU smasher, was laughed at and kicked out of a tournament for "breaking a rule". The rule stated "no controller modifications" which was understood by everyone as no modifications to the controller. He got kicked out for turning off tap jump, which is not a controller modification, but a change in the game's inputs. It seems as if the people in the tournament simply didn't like him for whatever reason because they laughed at him and clapped when he was kicked out. They also allowed the people he knocked out to get back into the tournament. They never apologized or paid him back for their completely disrespectful behavior. If I had to guess, they didn't like him because he was beating their friends.

This kind of behavior from a TO shouldn't be allowed as well as not being able to advertise such horribly run tournaments on smashboards.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i laughed and clapped thought it was unfair cause that was not a mod. when you said that i actually thought he had done that but when i heard what he did i was like wtf?

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
To Mike G

8-bit, a good FIU smasher, was laughed at and kicked out of a tournament for "breaking a rule". The rule stated "no controller modifications" which was understood by everyone as no modifications to the controller. He got kicked out for turning off tap jump, which is not a controller modification, but a change in the game's inputs. It seems as if the people in the tournament simply didn't like him for whatever reason because they laughed at him and clapped when he was kicked out. They also allowed the people he knocked out to get back into the tournament. They never apologized or paid him back for their completely disrespectful behavior. If I had to guess, they didn't like him because he was beating their friends.

This kind of behavior from a TO shouldn't be allowed as well as not being able to advertise such horribly run tournaments on smashboards.
Whether this is true or not, I'm not going to comment on this since I wasn't there and don't have a say in this. However I'll talk to my superiors(Smods, Senators, Admins) and see what the best course of action will be.

For now, I want you, Flatsoda anyone else who's against this tourney to put this subject on hold for now. Discussion(whether true or not) on this thread is hurting the current tournament here and the potential people who want to attend it.

BBQTV

Smash Master
i remember the other tourney you ran did not have $5 door fee

BBQTV

Smash Master
so mall of the america demands you do it!

i see well when i take over the world they will be the first to feel my wrath fe

NoXplode

Smash Cadet
Whether this is true or not, I'm not going to comment on this since I wasn't there and don't have a say in this. However I'll talk to my superiors(Smods, Senators, Admins) and see what the best course of action will be.

For now, I want you, Flatsoda anyone else who's against this tourney to put this subject on hold for now. Discussion(whether true or not) on this thread is hurting the current tournament here and the potential people who want to attend it.
Much respect.

Rekeah

Smash Apprentice
btw, jorge, i think you should edit the first post of this thread with the number of tvs available plus the number of wiis that people are bringing, that way the front page is more organized and detailed. it also lets everybody know how many more wiis people can bring.

im bringing a wii and brawl with hd cables, so thats one already.

Am4Jorge

Smash Apprentice
btw, jorge, i think you should edit the first post of this thread with the number of tvs available plus the number of wiis that people are bringing, that way the front page is more organized and detailed. it also lets everybody know how many more wiis people can bring.

im bringing a wii and brawl with hd cables, so thats one already.
Will do, thanks.

Top Bottom