• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MI progress and summer events

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Whoa, SlayerTokey actually spoke.

apasher, clarify your post. Are you offering to host locals in Metro Detroit?

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I might actually enter a Melee event if someone hosted in Metro Detroit. I need more practice anyway. Its time to turn Juggleguy Stadium into Tech Chase Stadium.

:troll:

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
I know that. Work pretty much made it impossible for me to want to go. I would work from 8 to 6 on Tuesday and have to wake up at 5 am the next morning. And I would usually get home from those Smashfests at like 1 or 2. After doing that a few times I was like "**** that ****" lol

But since work is slowing down now I can attend them again. I actually miss Melee.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Yeah, quitting is impossible. I've quit smash more times than I can count. (I only know how to count to 7 so that's really not that many times). And yet, you still see me floating around and playing this game on occasion.

M@1funk$hun

Smash Ace
dude your a high tier main.......quitting is for low tier mains like me (and i still havent quit). I dont believe you quitting until you give me your acc. now if you will excuse me, I am going download aim, give M@1funk$hun the "Dude dont quit because you lose alot. the only people who make it are the people who try harder and take more risk" influencial speech. I may not be good at it but there arent enough mario mains so i dont want to lose the one that are here lol. Hopefully he comes back, changes his password, and plays harder then ever

- Soul

ORLY

Smash Master
I would find a way to come to every blind opponent side event you guys have.

That sh*t sounds awesome.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Good news, just found out that Mason Hall (the Ann Arbor Melee venue) is still available for rental during the summer for voluntary student organizations... which we are, thankfully, since I made an "official" Smash club at UM :p

Is anyone opposed to our good old venue at Mason Hall? I think the rooms there are great for mid-sized tourneys, the location is amazing for food, and now that we've discovered a $2 flat rate weekend parking structure, parking isn't so bad. But I'm willing to look into other venues if people want me to.

Also, I want to go on a marketing campaign to spread Smash awareness around campus again. We did this for SWEET I and it helped us bring in some awesome new community members, including Chad, 3Chairz, and Ace. Anyone who helps me out will get paid handsomely ;) who's up for this? Moose, Hot ArmS, Roki?

Here's a tentative schedule of Melee tourney weekends... since we only had two tourneys this past semester, I figure we can step up the frequency of these bad boys and run triweeklies!

Saturday, April 30th
Saturday, May 21st
Saturday, June 11th or 18th
Saturday, July 9th
Saturday, July 30th
Saturday, August 20th? (Tech Chase's Brawl/Melee regional in Southfield)

Disclaimer: the first event is going to be a super chill local... as in, we're probably getting rid of doubles to make room for side events.

Roller

Smash Legend
I'd be willing to help you guys out. I was thinking about doing the same for Brawl. But probably wont start that 'til next school year, since I'm gonna be out of the state in less than a month.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
I spoke to Rob early today and I'm going to be the lead TO for the first event. Roller, Harms, Moose, we can talk later about what we'll do for awareness... maybe at the next smashfest I attend?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
It's only cause you play Puff. She never gets the Pokeballs.

And indeed, Bowyer will be re-surfacing from the depths of 5th Column purgatory to be main TO for at least the first event. Get at him.

Top Bottom