• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo's Shadow Ball Glide + Up B Ledge Cancel + Double Jump Cancel + True Combos!

VeggieSteel

Smash Cadet
NNID
VeggieSteel
This looks like some great tech! Being able to move out of punish range on a fully charged shadow ball seems so useful. Good find!

Uncertain Title

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4296-3238-9292
Can't imagine the horizontal distance you could travel by B-Reversing his momentum into a Shadow Ball Glide after getting hit offstage.

Khao

Smash Lord
Am I freaking insane, or is up tilt > up smash a true combo on high percents?

Training mode counted it as a combo against Greninja at 100%. He died.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Btw! Mewtwo can J.C Up smash! And more ^^

EndlessRain

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBlindMan
3DS FC
1693-1682-5689
Okay, next thing I'm gonna do is get ledge cancelling down, and the next thing I'm gonna do after THAT is spam Teleport like I'm playing PM v3.02.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
That combo on Diddy is making me excited. DTilt>DTilt>UTilt>Bair on Falcon also seems very helpful. Thanks for this!
You should try FAir>FJump>FAir>DAir, it's very satisfying, especially when you FAir them past the ledge to set up the spike.

Last edited:

Mr_Fredrick_No

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mr_Fredrick_No
Ok I don't have a vid for this sorry but i have been testing it out for a while try SideB>slide forward> Upsmash you have to make sure the slide and upsmash are quick and right after the sideB good luck

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Fair into fair isnt a true combo. <.>

Ok I don't have a vid for this sorry but i have been testing it out for a while try SideB>slide forward> Upsmash you have to make sure the slide and upsmash are quick and right after the sideB good luck
i demonstrated it into my true combo video.

Last edited by a moderator:

mobilisq

Smash Ace
Dthrow> fair works great at 75 to 100 percent on Mario, and can kill at the ledge

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Dthrow> fair works great at 75 to 100 percent on Mario, and can kill at the ledge
VERY easy to avoid. Down throw has so much cool down. Not viable at all.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
True Combo as in not escape-able.
Ah gotcha! I was thinking more along the lines of strings. Definitely used FAir>FAir>DTilt a few times succesfully in FG though. Also Confusion>NAir is a good one 17 combo, 21% and it's fast. Not a true combo either but useful.

Last edited:

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Side b -> walk up u-tilt -> Up Smash is a true combo that KO's Mario on FD at 85% with no rage.

Firefoxx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firefoxx200
3DS FC
1821-9385-9105
Side B is escapeable even if hit.
Then up-tilt -> up-smash can be used on unsafe landings/whiff punishes. Still a true combo that KO's at 95%. If they are grounded you have to be pretty close to them without touching them to get the right hitbox.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
Here's something really cool: I haven't tested this thoroughly, but it looks like similarly to Ganon's side B, Mewtwo's confusion sets up a tech chase if you use it beneath the battlefield platforms. This could potentially mean a great way to land Usmash.

ORVO5

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4785-5813-6727
BTW I was playing with that up b cancel.. that thing is crazy. I love it! You can even up B again instantly for mind games (not sure if that's in the video.) Although if you miscalculate you could end up free falling off the stage.. just a warning. And thanks for posting these vids!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I've already done the Shadow Ball glide to recover (either normally or by B-Reversing), and I also throw it out on thirsty edge guarders. I'll juke an aerial from above stage level, B-reverse the Shadow Ball to recover and catch their aerial, potentially killing extremely early. Also, Jab 1 -> Grab may be a true combo on at least some characters, and possibly Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Grab, seeing as I can get both extremely consistently. Mewtwo's Fair also can function as a combo breaker, albeit not as good as Mario's Nair. For Mewtwo dittos, you can't Dthrow -> Fair at lower percents because the thrown Mewtwo can always Fair before you.

EDIT: Uncharged Shadow Ball sets up a jab lock if they miss a tech, useful for mixups if you consistently smash them after they tech a Confusion and decide to stop teching, they'll still eat a smash.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
I've already done the Shadow Ball glide to recover (either normally or by B-Reversing), and I also throw it out on thirsty edge guarders. I'll juke an aerial from above stage level, B-reverse the Shadow Ball to recover and catch their aerial, potentially killing extremely early. Also, Jab 1 -> Grab may be a true combo on at least some characters, and possibly Jab 1 -> Jab 1 -> Grab, seeing as I can get both extremely consistently. Mewtwo's Fair also can function as a combo breaker, albeit not as good as Mario's Nair. For Mewtwo dittos, you can't Dthrow -> Fair at lower percents because the thrown Mewtwo can always Fair before you.

EDIT: Uncharged Shadow Ball sets up a jab lock if they miss a tech, useful for mixups if you consistently smash them after they tech a Confusion and decide to stop teching, they'll still eat a smash.
Yes, I am making a video on mewtwo tips and tricks. Putting all my notes into it. I showed a true combo with shadow ball if you watched the combo video so ya :3 as for recovering with Shadow Ball Glide. I forgot to mention it in my video but im adding it into the tips and tricks/mewtwo guide.

holymario

Smash Apprentice
I like the idea to recover with the shadowball but If you fail at reversing it you are screwed :p

ckrocker

Smash Cadet
Good techers can be punished after side B with a Shadow Ball if they tech away. So fas has worked for me 100% of the time. Also, side B is where your mixup game is tested since it doesnt chain into anything. Airdodging confuses opponents, and can be followed up with a Nair to land safely.

Not_Indigo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Same as username
I like the idea to recover with the shadowball but If you fail at reversing it you are screwed :p
You can use a reverse side B -> neutral B if you want to play it safe, since confusion gives you a small boost and changes your direction in the air.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Something you guys should understand about teleports, coming from a Smash 4 Zelda main, is that Teleport moves KEEP THE MOMENTUM of the teleport and take you in the direction you're facing.

So for example. If you shorthop and teleport straight down, you will NOT appear where you would think. You will teleport ahead and forward onto the ground.

It is VERY annoying.

The ONLY exception to this rule is Sheik. Sheik will teleport normally.

Last edited:

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Something you guys should understand about teleports, coming from a Smash 4 Zelda main, is that Teleport moves KEEP THE MOMENTUM of the teleport and take you in the direction you're facing.

So for example. If you shorthop and teleport straight down, you will NOT appear where you would think. You will teleport ahead and forward onto the ground.

It is VERY annoying.

The ONLY exception to this rule is Sheik. Sheik will teleport normally.
It dont bother me :o

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Full charged shadow ball goes right through a full charged shuriken from Greninja...mmmm....

Kibzu~

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KirambazToKibz
3DS FC
4296-2971-4840
Full charged shadow ball goes right through a full charged shuriken from Greninja...mmmm....
Nah, Shadow ball travels stage length without max. So yah

Top Bottom