• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Skin

Ike_n_Ike

Smash Cadet
So considering Sakurai is promoting skins, like mac's wireframe skin, what if he just gives Lucario a Mewtwo skin... I mean, Mewtwo can mega evolve just like Lucario so that solves that conundrum of the bat.

Anyhow, just a thought I had; I'm sure plenty of people think its a terrible idea. My real question is do you think it could happen?

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I have an extremely hard time imagining how it could even work.

Alternative costumes still have to perfectly adhere to its source; Male Wii Fit Trainer has the same height, posture and animations of Female Wii Fit Trainer, and the same goes for Wireframe Mac. For the purposes of hurtboxes, animations, bones, etc... they can be assumed as identical to their original costume.

Mewtwo's body, posture, animations, hurtboxes, bones, everything is so radically different (visually and technically) from Lucario that it can not possibly work; you would have to recreate Mewtwo to use new data to fit his proportions and if Sakurai would go that far, then he may as well be his own slot.

Gune

Smash Lord
Honestly the only skin that Lucario could have got is Mega Lucario, so no I don't see this happening it wouldn't make sense and would be awkward as hell.

•Col•

Smash Champion
No. Judging from the skins we already know about, the only ones that are going to be in the game are likely to be just alternate 'versions' of the same character. Wireframe Mac is just Little Mac from the 80's Punchout arcade game. The different skins for WFT are still both Wii Fit Trainers.

Lucario =/= Mewtwo

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
It will never happen, just imagine Mewtwo kicking people.

Next.

woopyfrood

Smash Lord
It will never happen, just imagine Mewtwo kicking people.

Next.
His down-air.

Anyway, yeah, this is a bad idea for the reasons mentioned in the posts above.

Last edited:

Gimj

Smash Journeyman
His down-air.

Anyway, yeah, this is a bad idea for the reasons mentioned in the posts above.

It's kinda reaching to say that's a KICK-kick because he uses a flip to "power" it and just flick em down with his lower leg region, it doesn't move his whole leg which is why it doesn't look too awkward.

I'm talking straight up "Instead of using my mind or various other powers, I'm going to straight up kick you in the face."

In case no one can see what I mean....Behold, Kung-Futwo!

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Mewcario has been done for a texture in brawl (which I admit kind of looked cool) but all palettes aside I want them both to keep their own looks to themselves. We gotta have them both looking serious and ready for when they do battle in Sm4sh.

Last edited:

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
I think this is a possibility, although I would rather have the real Mewtwo just be put in, but if it came to this, I wouldn't be opposed to it cause Mewtwo should be playable somehow.

Also I would like to see foinal smashes get alternate skins as well, Giga Dry Bowser is one and if for some reason Mewtwo ends up being a Lucario skin, then maybe Mega Mewtwo X could be the final smash reskin, I think that would work better than Y because Mega Mewtwo X is a psychic/fighting type.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Making Mewtwo a skin for Lucario would be quite an insult to Mewtwo's character, imo.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Making Mewtwo a skin for Lucario would be quite an insult to Mewtwo's character, imo.
It really would be. . .even I don't want that for Mewtwo & I'm not a loving diehard fan for Mewtwo. I'm a little over neutral for Mewtwo's sake but more like 70%.

That said I still think they shouldn't have sharing palettes with each other. But hilarious to see nonetheless

TeamFlareZakk

Tbh, if Mewtwo isn't in, I'd rather Greninja have some sort of color swap of Mewtwo than Lucario having a skin, I have absolute zero confidence that Lucario is going to even be any better in this game than Brawl and he sucked in Brawl, at least Greninja is fresh.

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I have absolute zero confidence that Lucario is going to even be any better in this game than Brawl and he sucked in Brawl, at least Greninja is fresh.
*looks at tier list*

Uh... :glare:

But yeah, a Mewtwo alternate costume wouldn't make any sense.

Last edited:

SuperSmashDrake

Smash Cadet
NNID
SuperSmashDrake
3DS FC
4811-7419-2384
No Pokemon will get an alternate costume for a Pokemon that isn't in its family or related to it. We could get a palette swap for Lucario or even Greninja that uses Mewtwo's colors, but we won't get a full blown alternate costume.

Last edited:

Derekburn

Smash Apprentice
Nope, considering what happened to lucina, where she was opted out of an alternate skin for marth for only minor differences, I don't see it happening.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
well said! also people want ness, jigglypuff and ice climbers too, so Ice climber could be a rosalina alt (they are the same), ness a mario alt and jigglypuff a captain falcon alt and everyone is happy.

Mewter

Smash Master
well said! also people want ness, jigglypuff and ice climbers too, so Ice climber could be a rosalina alt (they are the same), ness a mario alt and jigglypuff a captain falcon alt and everyone is happy.
Don't forget Ganondorf as an alternate Game and Watch costume!

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Seeing as the only thing these two characters have in common is a single projectile, I'm inclined to say it's a bad idea. Hell, like someone mentioned earlier Lucina, someone who is barely different from Marth(as far as we know)was able to get her own spot. I see no reason to think otherwise with Mewtwo and Lucario.

strawhatninja

Smash Ace
NNID
hecticzacattack
3DS FC
4441-9826-4993
That would be an absolute disgrace to Mewtwo. I like Lucario, but he is nothing like Mewtwo. The only similarities they have is their neutral B move and they are both Pokemon.

liets

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2852-9552-5494
Considering Mewtwo is almost twice as tall as lucario realistically, I'm gonna redlight this one. Mewtwo should be it's own character dang it! :p

Karnu

yaylatios.gif
NNID
Karnuu
3DS FC
3952-7040-9841
No.
The characters are in no way alike in any shape or form.

Tbh, if Mewtwo isn't in, I'd rather Greninja have some sort of color swap of Mewtwo than Lucario having a skin, I have absolute zero confidence that Lucario is going to even be any better in this game than Brawl and he sucked in Brawl, at least Greninja is fresh.
He doesn't suck, he is underplayed. If more people could play him like June, Trela and Richi he would have a much more success rate.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Mewtwo as an alt. skin for Lucario? Yuck. Why would I want an awesome fighting dog to look like a weird mutated cat-thing? That's just gross.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
I can taste the tears already... (If this were to actually happen)

I'm a Lucario main, and I liked playing as Mewtwo in Melee, but I can't see this happening. As people have said, they fight differently even though they have similar neutral b moves. I'd just prefer Mewtwo as a separate fighter altogether. Plus, I can't see Mewtwo punching and kicking, it would look really awkward to me :/

TeamFlareZakk

I can taste the tears already... (If this were to actually happen)

I'm a Lucario main, and I liked playing as Mewtwo in Melee, but I can't see this happening. As people have said, they fight differently even though they have similar neutral b moves. I'd just prefer Mewtwo as a separate fighter altogether. Plus, I can't see Mewtwo punching and kicking, it would look really awkward to me :/
Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, therefore Mewtwo can punch and kick if he wants to.

I think this needs to be considered if and only if Mewtwo doesn't make the cut as his own character, at least be able to look like Mewtwo, I really want Mewtwo playable by any means necessary.

Also this would make me want to use Lucario more, in Brawl he was just Lucario.

As for his final smash, if they were to skin that, Mega Mewtwo X would be a good choice, I like Mega X better anyway.

ShyKChan

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Shyflutters18
3DS FC
0662-3508-3411
Mega Mewtwo X is Psychic/Fighting, therefore Mewtwo can punch and kick if he wants to.

I think this needs to be considered if and only if Mewtwo doesn't make the cut as his own character, at least be able to look like Mewtwo, I really want Mewtwo playable by any means necessary.

Also this would make me want to use Lucario more, in Brawl he was just Lucario.

As for his final smash, if they were to skin that, Mega Mewtwo X would be a good choice, I like Mega X better anyway.
You're right about using the X Mega for a Lucario skin, but I'm hoping that Mewtwo will make the cut and have his Y Mega for his own Final Smash and he could use Psystrike. (Just my personal preference though- Cause Charizard has his X Mega and Mewtwo's Y Mega having an INSANE Sp. Atk... It just fits better imo)

If the X skin does happen, I wouldn't mind it, but I'd feel that'd be just a giant "lol f*** you" for the Mewtwo fans :ohwell:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
If the X skin does happen, I wouldn't mind it, but I'd feel that'd be just a giant "lol f*** you" for the Mewtwo fans :ohwell:
Not to offend anyone, but that might actually be kind of funny. But seriously, I'm against the idea of Lucario looking like Mewtwo. Mewtwo was a character that I never liked to begin with. I know that Mega Mewtwo X is a combination PSY/FTG type, but I still can't imagine him using every exact move that Lucario does. If Mewtwo does make it as a playable character, then more power to those who want to use him. But having a Mewtwo alt. for Lucario would just be very out of place, personally.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I want to see it because it would be the most pathetic sight ever.

Top Bottom