• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Mewtwo Q&A Thread (Check Here)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Given that Mewtwo is DLC I'm sure you all have many questions regarding the role of Mewtwo in Smash such as Moveset, Gameplan, and how to download Mewtwo in the first place. If you have questions that don't fit here or pertain to the Pokemon series as a whole please use the Mewtwo Social Thread. Just keep in mind that this board is for solely discussing Mewtwo as a character and is not for future DLC speculation.

Buying/Obtaining Mewtwo:

Mewtwo.png

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html
http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/download/ssb-3ds.html
http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/download/ssb-wiiu.html

*You must have connected your 3DS/Wii U to the internet and have received the latest update starting with Patch 1.0.6

**Mewtwo will be available early for Club Nintendo members, DO NOT ASK FOR CODES anywhere on this board/site, you will automatically be given an advertising/spam infraction.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
EDIT: Might as well add Mewtwo's Japanese Victory Quotes in case people are curious.

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Noice...

...What's a Mewtwo?
Mewtwo is a Pokémon created by science. It is a bipedal, humanoid creature with some feline features. It is primarily gray with a long, purple tail. On top of its head are two short, blunt horns, and it has purple eyes. A tube extends from the back of its skull to the top of its spine, bypassing its neck. It has a defined chest and shoulders, which resemble a breastplate. The three digits on each hand and foot have spherical tips. Its tail is thick at the base, but thins before ending in a small bulb.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Mewtwo is a Pokémon created by science. It is a bipedal, humanoid creature with some feline features. It is primarily gray with a long, purple tail. On top of its head are two short, blunt horns, and it has purple eyes. A tube extends from the back of its skull to the top of its spine, bypassing its neck. It has a defined chest and shoulders, which resemble a breastplate. The three digits on each hand and foot have spherical tips. Its tail is thick at the base, but thins before ending in a small bulb.
So basically two Mews?

Ah, that's cool then

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Has anyone at nintendo specified a time when they will be emailing these codes to everyone tomorrow?
Nope. It's speculated that we'll be able to get Mewtwo by 1 AM PST/4 AM EST though.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
Got my 3DS code working for him, but then had problems with my Wii U code.

Error Code 107-3117, saying the item corresponding to the download code entered was not currently being distributed... Did this happen to anyone else? Will try the code again later after I get home from work.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Got my 3DS code working for him, but then had problems with my Wii U code.

Error Code 107-3117, saying the item corresponding to the download code entered was not currently being distributed... Did this happen to anyone else? Will try the code again later after I get home from work.
Lots of people, not just you.

Last edited:

PyrasTerran

Smash Journeyman
that happened to me, but it fixed after i actually downloaded the new patch for smash bros, after that the download code worked.

so you can't go straight to the e-shop on WiiU, boot up and update smash first, i'd say

_gold_

Smash Master
I suppose this is where I post it. I live in Texas, so North America. Have the distributed codes reached that far? If so, where can I expect to find my code, and yes, I bought both games.

Last edited:

Red-Ruby

Smash Cadet
I really want to ask this:
What is the best strategy to use Mewtwo according to you guys? I'm struggeling way harder than I think I should be. I think I'm just playing him wrong though. Does anyone have some easy tips for me?

Chaosmaster8753

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ChaoticZelos3578
3DS FC
2750-1187-7177
I'm confused on why Mewtwo has no customs. Are they saving them for when Mewtwo become available for purchase or did the dev 're somehow decide not to give Mewtwo any custom at all? I don't get it.

Ridley_Prime

Proteus Geoform
NNID
AlphaWarDragon87
3DS FC
0774-4845-6886
Switch FC
SW-7888-8563-5773
that happened to me, but it fixed after i actually downloaded the new patch for smash bros, after that the download code worked.

so you can't go straight to the e-shop on WiiU, boot up and update smash first, i'd say
I attempted this earlier AFTER I installed the patch. Think I heard someone say though that it worked when they tried it again after a system restart, so hope I get that lucky when I get the chance to try it again after my shift ends later...

Zethoro

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Zethor
Man, I really want this code before I leave for new york this afternoon...still waiting for that email.
Is it alphabetical? (IfsoI'mscrewed)
Is Disable easier to land now?

The Shadow Emperor

Smash Apprentice
Man, I really want this code before I leave for new york this afternoon...still waiting for that email.
Is it alphabetical? (IfsoI'mscrewed)
Is Disable easier to land now?
Did you check the promotions folder in your email? Mine was hidden in there.

DirtyDa

Smash Rookie
It's 1:45PM at New York for me, and still no code. Is it taking this long for anybody else? Or did I screw up my registration or something?

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
It's 1:45PM at New York for me, and still no code. Is it taking this long for anybody else? Or did I screw up my registration or something?
I haven't received mine either yet, and I know I registered correctly because I received the Soundtrack CD and received an email from Club Nintendo yesterday about being Elite Status. It's probably just going to be a bit of a wait because Nintendo has a tendency to do everything in a backwards, inefficient way.

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
I don't have Mewtwo, and I don't see anything on this yet, so: Can you wavebounce/B reverse his Shadow Ball? What about his other specials?

DirtyDa

Smash Rookie
I haven't received mine either yet, and I know I registered correctly because I received the Soundtrack CD and received an email from Club Nintendo yesterday about being Elite Status. It's probably just going to be a bit of a wait because Nintendo has a tendency to do everything in a backwards, inefficient way.
Ok, good to know I'm not the only one in this boat. Hopefully it'll be here by the time I get home.I should probably get off Smashboards in my art class now...

W1sh3dG4m3r86

Smash Rookie
NNID
W1sh3dG4m3r86
3DS FC
0473-7807-2083
I have both 3ds and wiiu versions but my 3ds version is downloaded from the eshop and the wiiu version is disc copy I think I did what I needed to. I've been waiting for a long time and still nothing. Thank god I'm not the only one

DirtyDa

Smash Rookie
I have both 3ds and wiiu versions but my 3ds version is downloaded from the eshop and the wiiu version is disc copy I think I did what I needed to. I've been waiting for a long time and still nothing. Thank god I'm not the only one
You get it yet? Still nothing for me...

Smash Arena

Smash Cadet
NNID
THEGREATSTALIN
So it seems many people using AOL email (especially AIM) are not receiving their codes. I called Nintendo and explained the situation, so they sent me an email with both codes in it. I would recommend anyone who has not received their codes yet to call Nintendo support and choose the Club Nintendo option.

Last edited:

AYSO00

Smash Rookie
THANK YOU SMASH ARENA!

Was waiting all day going what the heck. Just got off the phone with Nintendo support and finally got the codes emailed to me.

DrRek

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dr.Rek
3DS FC
0318-9137-4424
Idk, if Mewtwo had been released or not yet, but what's his weight. In melee it's similar to Marth, what about Smash 4.

DirtyDa

Smash Rookie
So it seems many people using AOL email (especially AIM) are not receiving their codes. I called Nintendo and explained the situation, so they sent me an email with both codes in it. I would recommend anyone who has not received their codes yet to call Nintendo support and choose the Club Nintendo option.
I use AOL, thank you for this!

Hoenn

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Hoenn101
I am gonna post here for future updates

anyways what is all of your opinions on mewtwo's zoning game?
I don't think mewtwo is going to be a very offensive character.

I have not tested the shield knockback on dsmash either, if that move is decently safe on most character's shields, then I will have a lot of hope in this character.
I love dtilt though, it seems like a really nice zoning option and it combos into stuff

I also feel like mewtwo's offstage is gonna be incredible the more it is developed.

What are your opinions?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
I am gonna post here for future updates

anyways what is all of your opinions on mewtwo's zoning game?
I don't think mewtwo is going to be a very offensive character.

I have not tested the shield knockback on dsmash either, if that move is decently safe on most character's shields, then I will have a lot of hope in this character.
I love dtilt though, it seems like a really nice zoning option and it combos into stuff

I also feel like mewtwo's offstage is gonna be incredible the more it is developed.

What are your opinions?
Shadow Ball is good at a distance, but has noticeable startup that can be punished up close. Mewtwo's range lets him pay footsies at a distance, specifically with Dtilt as his anti ground and Utilt as his anti air.

I'm finding his teleport very useful for movement. Less ending lag if you appear on the ground than in the air.

W1sh3dG4m3r86

Smash Rookie
NNID
W1sh3dG4m3r86
3DS FC
0473-7807-2083
I used my iphone's email it probably got messed up their, thanks for the info

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
So even if I don't have the DLC code for Mewtwo, would I still have a chance to be able to fight a Mewtwo on For Glory once I update to the next patch? Preferabbly the 3DS version?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So even if I don't have the DLC code for Mewtwo, would I still have a chance to be able to fight a Mewtwo on For Glory once I update to the next patch? Preferabbly the 3DS version?
Yes, you should be able to fight Mewtwos. It's what a lot of us have been doing, For Glory is populated by the hype of Mewtwo

Top Bottom