• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch "Dump"

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyrTheRaven

Smash Rookie
Hoo hah still works quite well... Just it's resulting damage/knockback(?) isn't as much. Probably will still be his bnb
Yeah Diddy is stilll gonna be one of the best characters. Hoo Hah still works and I still have problems facing him

Nyves

Smash Rookie
It appears that Ganondorf's Utilt is stronger. Maybe not stronger but it definitely has a wider hitbox. I was playing as Ness and tried floating over to Ganon while he was using his Utilt but it hit me in mid-air. Seems unusual to me.

DMWN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
poe376
Mr. Shaya, I highly respect what you're doing and would love to help.

Lucario has reduced landing lag on his N-air and B-air.

Ness's fully-charged PK Flash now does 38% in the center as opposed to 37%.

Last edited:

Jearbear357

Smash Rookie
NNID
Jearbear357
3DS FC
3136-6787-2727
Greninjas fully charged shuriken seems to have more startup and its probally just me, but rROB seems to throw the gyro quicker.

Kirshible

Smash Rookie
I just realized that I asked Sakurai to add Ice Climbers, and I said while he's at it buff Korby and nerf Diddy. Now if Ice Climbers are revealed, my life would be complete.

Pueri

Smash Rookie
Olimar's Dthrow ending lag has been reduced. Dtilt has more vertical knockback. Dsmash seems harder to connect with the sweetspot. Yellow Usmash range increased. Purple Usmash seems to be more powerful. Sourspot smashes seems to have increased in knockback...That's all I have found about right now.

MGK

Smash Apprentice
Been doing some testing on Bowser Jr and I found that his side B spin out has more knock back. In my testing, I went to FD, vsed Bowser with both versions of the game and in the update, side B spin out kills Bowser at 127 - 128% where in the old version it kills at 135 - 136%. Please double check this though. Thanks.

Last edited:

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
GIMR is making some interesting claims on twitter. Would someone be willing to investigate this?
We are slowly realizing that universal changes have been made to the game engine itself. I noticed this from the moment I got the patch. It will be confirmed soon.

People are extremely bad at noticing differences post patch. Trust me though a lot has changed.

And yes, for those wondering, Marth's side b HAS CHANGED DRAMATICALLY.

Last edited:

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Can anyone confirm if Falco's throw are harder to DI out of and his dash attack has reduced startup?

darkchip1

Smash Rookie
NNID
darkchip1
I think Rob's up smash now has a sour spot. Either that, or this was a glitch or something. Doesn't seem like a glancing blow, especially since it had knockback and dealt 3 damage.
I posted a clip of what happened, maybe someone can make sense of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkLTJvL8i24

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
:4yoshi:
-Yoshi's nair has much less landing lag.
-His :GCA: attacks start faster.
-When you turn someone into an egg, Yoshi's flutter kick now properly registers on the first hit.
-I believe they buffed his flutter kick (speaking of).

Last edited:

Z'zgashi

Smash Legend
NNID
ZzgashiZzShy
3DS FC
1521-3678-2980
:4metaknight:Meta Knight
Neutral Air Landing lag reduced 20 -> 18 frames
Dimensional Cape Landing lag bug removed

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Wii Fit Trainer got some hitbox buffs. Usmash hits grounded opponents now, for example.
Do you have a source, because I can guarantee that Usmash could hit grounded opponents before the update.

Also from what I can tell, for the rest of her moveset, none of the hitboxes have been changed(Can't confirm, but very sure).

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
I've been testing this, and with Mario on the edge of Final Destination (3ds), Arcthunder kills at ~120 while with Thoron, Mario dies at ~140 (B held)/ ~150 (normal).
This was true in 1.0.5 as well. Arcthunder was killing for me from spawn point at 141% iirc on both.

Edit: Only Thoron+ is stronger than its Arcthunder variant in ending knockback. This has always been known.

Last edited:

3DS999

Smash Rookie
NNID
3DS999
3DS FC
1161-0452-7570
What about Palutena? Was she changed in something?

Last edited:

LRodC

Smashing With Mewtwo and Cloud
NNID
LightningrodC
3DS FC
1461-6200-7452
It seems to me like Zelda has reduced landing lag across the board for her aerials, especially lightning kicks. Seems like up air comes out faster as well. Power seems exactly the same on all of them. Can anyone clarify these changes?

Last edited:

randomnessmain

Smash Rookie
Ness's fully charged pk flash does 38 now, compared to 37 previously. :)

Also I feel like I should mention that his down throw has increased screen shake, not really a nerf or buff though.

Last edited:

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
It seems to me like Zelda has reduced landing lag across the board for her aerials, especially lightning kicks. Seems like up air comes out faster as well. Power seems exactly the same on all of them. Can anyone clarify these changes?
Nope nope!

Ness's fully charged pk flash does 38 now, compared to 37 previously. :)
Nope!

randomnessmain

Smash Rookie
Might wanna retest Ness's pk flash, I'm fairly certain it did 37% before and I'm absolutely know it does 38% now.

randomnessmain

Smash Rookie
Because a fresh move (not staled) deals 105% of its actual damage value in actual Smash modes. We test in training mode because moves always perform at 100% of their damage value with no deviation, no move staling, and no rage mode. I believe they made this the case starting with Brawl and I honestly don't know why move staling is programmed this way.
Yeah that's weird, thanks.

Also is there some kind of hold on confirming diddy's reduced knockback on up air, because I feel like it's fairly obvious.

X1Type1

Smash Cadet
NNID
Delver83
Any info on Wario fart charge time? Also DK Giant Punch wind up seems faster and RosaLuma uair slightly different trajectory. Not totally sure on those though. However for Rosa double uair out of upthrow at low percents is apparently a thing not sure if people knew since uptilit was the more common followup but idk man double uair is out of upthrow for Rosa is like Super Hoo Hah.

Tinkerer

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2251-4736-2935
Villager's tree now only stays up for 11-12 seconds after growing, down from around 14.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
Are Wii Fit Trainer's buffs still not confirmed? As she isn't listed in the main post. Also I thought Ness had more stuff happen to him.

Last edited:

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Somehow the 3DS version's input feel more sensitive now...

KFrosty

Smash Apprentice
@Shaya

You might to put in the OP that the Placebo effect doesn't work on Video Games.
Actually it sort of does. If you are told installing this patch will make Doc Slower, people start to believe it, regardless of whether or not it's factual.

Kreuniclus

Smash Rookie
NNID
Kreuniclus
3DS FC
3737-9510-1473
I don't know if these have been talked about, but i just played with my friend a bit and we found two things that we haven't seen anywhere:

Pac-Man's side special hitbox (for when he travels along the pac-dots) seems to be larger and last for longer. My friend (Pac-Main) says it also 'feels easier to maneuver'.

Villager; Something i noticed. When you use Lloid Rocket, Villager stops dead in their tracks. I like to use it when being launched. Bucket-Braking sort of thing. But only just now, right after the update, i braked right before the blast zone, but still got KO'd. Sometimes before, i'd reach the blast zone and manage to shoot a Lloid Rocket a split second before getting KO'd, but this time Villager appeared in the magnifying glass until he was movable again. I don't feel, as a Villager main, they slide around when using it even now, so maybe they've been granted some invincibility or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom